[Moto G6 Plus] 2: Returning to Stock

Search This thread

Xplorer4x4

Mar 12, 2010
OnePlus 9
THIS GUIDE IS FOR THE MOTO G6 PLUS ONLY
2: Returning to Stock
If for any reason your phone is no longer functioning properly such as a bootloop (the phone is restarting itself over and over), "Can't Load Android System," "Startup Failed", or any such error you can fix this by flashing the stock firmware using fastboot.

I have taken stock firmware version OPW27.113-89 and packaged it with a few extras. XDA Member luiz_neto has provided a modified logo.bin that removes the unlocked bootloader warning during boot. A special thanks to XDA Member lohanbarth for providing the stock firmware. I have included the fastboot file for Windows, Linux and Mac users. Windows users can run the .bat file to execute all the necessary commands. For Linux and Mac users, I have included a bash script. You will need access to a PC and connect your phone via a USB cable.

*Downloads:
Modified Stock Firmware OPW27.113-89: (Download)
MD5: 3a1d984a8a3d0c57fb21931a8004eb27

Instructions:

*On your phone:
2A. With the phone powered off(even if for just a moment between the phone rebooting) hold the Power button and the Volume Down(Vol -) at the same time. You should boot into what is called the bootloader. It should display information on the screen and state "AP Fastboot Flash Mode" in orange lettering.

*On your PC:
2B: Extract the firmware which is in tar.xz container/file extension. Windows user probably need to use Winrar, 7Zip or PeaZip to extract the file.

2C: Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder EVERT_OPW27.113-89_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml and click on it to open it.

2D: Hold the Shift Key on your Keyboard. While holding Shift, Right Click in the window(not on the file). Depending on your windows version you should see either "Open PowerShell Window here" or "Open Command Window here." Select which ever one applies.

2E: You will see a black and white screen or a blue and white screen. The steps are the same no matter which screen you see. Simply type(or copy and paste) the following command:
Windows:
Code:
flash_rom.bat

For Linux and Mac you need to make the script file executable. It will make the fastboot binary executable for you. From a terminal run these 2 commands one at a time:
Linux:
Code:
chmod a+x flash_rom.sh
./flash_rom.sh

Mac:
Code:
chmod a+x flash_rom_mac.sh
./flash_rom_mac.sh

Your phone should reboot on it's own. If for some reason it doesn't try tapping the enter key on your keyboard or use the volume keys to make sure “Start” is selected on the right side of the phone and pres the power key on the phone. It should successfully boot the stock firmware.

Last edited:

Mara-X

Nov 3, 2016
Does anyone know whether It's possible to remove the "Your device has loaded a different operating system." after flashing stock rom through fastboot and relocking bootloader? I was looking to sell the phone...

Last edited:

Xplorer4x4

Mar 12, 2010
OnePlus 9
No, I'm not talking about the unlocked bootloader warning, but the message that appears after you lock the bootloader. "Your device has loaded a different operating system" :)
I have never relocked my bootloader so I can't say for sure but this sounds out of the ordinary. Did it boot fine with an unlocked bootloader?

Sent from my Phh-Treble vanilla using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrMatnenko

May 24, 2014
Odesa
No, I'm not talking about the unlocked bootloader warning, but the message that appears after you lock the bootloader. "Your device has loaded a different operating system" :)
Hi! have you succeed with your issue flashing this stock firmware ?

Does this stock firmware helps to remove warnings "This device has loaded a different operating system", and "Verity mode disabled" during boot?
And the worst thing is the message "System integrity compromized" and hens - GooglePay disabled and no software updates., when bootloader is re-locked?

Last edited:

GESATEC

Nov 20, 2014
Hi! have you succeed with your issue flashing this stock firmware ?

Does this stock firmware helps to remove warnings "This device has loaded a different operating system", and "Verity mode disabled" during boot?
And the worst thing is the message "System integrity compromized" and hens - GooglePay disabled and no software updates., when bootloader is re-locked?

Same problem here. I hate this messages :)

caradobeco

Jul 11, 2019
<bootloader> flash permission denied

friends, any command I give appeared this, someone knows how to solve?

andreym_costa

Dec 25, 2015
You MUST provide MORE information! Screenshots, a detailed error description and not only a piece of your error.

I'm trying again... And now seeing this, can you help?
Capturar.PNG

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    53.5 KB · Views: 12

WoKoschekk

Feb 25, 2019
Cologne
Moto G6
Moto G6 Plus

Please follow my guide below. That would be much easier I think, because it seems you are doing several things wrong.

1. download ADB/Fastboot tools from here and extract the downloaded zip to 'C:\' to create the path 'C:\platform-tools'

2. download your current firmware build here.
You use 116-16-22 but the latest build is 11-16-29 for RETBR.

3. extract the firmware.zip to 'C:\platform-tools'
Watch out to extract only single files and images to that path and do not create a subfolder => see screenshot attached

4. extract attached flashfile.zip to 'C:\platform-tools'

5. open 'C:\platform-tools' in Explorer and type 'cmd' in the address bar and hit 'Enter'
=> opens a new cmd window

screenshot2.jpg

6. boot your Moto into fastboot mode, connect it to your PC and run 'fastboot devices'
=> output: <SERIAL-NO> fastboot

7. execute 'flashfile.bat' and start flashing

Attachments

• flashfile.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 21
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: andreym_costa

andreym_costa

Dec 25, 2015
Please follow my guide below. That would be much easier I think, because it seems you are doing several things wrong.

1. download ADB/Fastboot tools from here and extract the downloaded zip to 'C:\' to create the path 'C:\platform-tools'

Watch out to extract only single files and images to that path and do not create a subfolder => see screenshot attached

5. open 'C:\platform-tools' in Explorer and type 'cmd' in the address bar and hit 'Enter'

View attachment 5654883

6. boot your Moto into fastboot mode, connect it to your PC and run 'fastboot devices'

I tried again and now these errors occur. I thought it might be a locked bootloader, but apparently everything is ok, at startup it has an unlocked bootloader warning. And really thank you to helping me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220711-012543.png
    Screenshot_20220711-012543.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Cell2.PNG
    Cell2.PNG
    61 KB · Views: 30
  • Cell.PNG
    Cell.PNG
    63.2 KB · Views: 30

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS GUIDE IS FOR THE MOTO G6 PLUS ONLY
    2: Returning to Stock
    If for any reason your phone is no longer functioning properly such as a bootloop (the phone is restarting itself over and over), "Can't Load Android System," "Startup Failed", or any such error you can fix this by flashing the stock firmware using fastboot.

I have taken stock firmware version OPW27.113-89 and packaged it with a few extras. XDA Member luiz_neto has provided a modified logo.bin that removes the unlocked bootloader warning during boot. A special thanks to XDA Member lohanbarth for providing the stock firmware. I have included the fastboot file for Windows, Linux and Mac users. Windows users can run the .bat file to execute all the necessary commands. For Linux and Mac users, I have included a bash script. You will need access to a PC and connect your phone via a USB cable.

*Downloads:
    Modified Stock Firmware OPW27.113-89: (Download)
    MD5: 3a1d984a8a3d0c57fb21931a8004eb27

Instructions:

*On your phone:
    2A. With the phone powered off(even if for just a moment between the phone rebooting) hold the Power button and the Volume Down(Vol -) at the same time. You should boot into what is called the bootloader. It should display information on the screen and state "AP Fastboot Flash Mode" in orange lettering.

*On your PC:
    2B: Extract the firmware which is in tar.xz container/file extension. Windows user probably need to use Winrar, 7Zip or PeaZip to extract the file.

2C: Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder EVERT_OPW27.113-89_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml and click on it to open it.

2D: Hold the Shift Key on your Keyboard. While holding Shift, Right Click in the window(not on the file). Depending on your windows version you should see either "Open PowerShell Window here" or "Open Command Window here." Select which ever one applies.

2E: You will see a black and white screen or a blue and white screen. The steps are the same no matter which screen you see. Simply type(or copy and paste) the following command:
    Windows:
    Code:
    flash_rom.bat

For Linux and Mac you need to make the script file executable. It will make the fastboot binary executable for you. From a terminal run these 2 commands one at a time:
    Linux:
    Code:
    chmod a+x flash_rom.sh
    ./flash_rom.sh

Mac:
    Code:
    chmod a+x flash_rom_mac.sh
    ./flash_rom_mac.sh

Your phone should reboot on it's own. If for some reason it doesn't try tapping the enter key on your keyboard or use the volume keys to make sure “Start” is selected on the right side of the phone and pres the power key on the phone. It should successfully boot the stock firmware.
    Did you try to download the package again?

I found the error: it was in my PC I started a program to fix the registry and after that unzipped the file normally!

screenshot2.jpg