[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 16.0 weeklies for Xiaomi Mi 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

knarQ

Jan 5, 2011
Dirty flashed todays build over 20181010 (using 0928 boot.img) and so far it's running as it should. A bit early to tell maybe but the build from two days ago crashed directly after boot so lets hope for the best.

ROMfan

Jan 7, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
same thing for me even with open_gapps-arm64-9.0-nano-20181110

I use open gapps pico 9 20181022

It works everytime and never fails.

may be use that with mi lineage os 16-20181110.

Dirty flashed todays build over 20181010 (using 0928 boot.img) and so far it's running as it should. A bit early to tell maybe but the build from two days ago crashed directly after boot so lets hope for the best.

For some reason I cant even boot 20181114 . Just gets stuck in lineage os boot and reboots to TWRP.

Last edited:

Corn Flake

Nov 29, 2011
I wiped everything. Installed lineage-16.0-20181114-UNOFFICIAL-gemini and open_gapps-arm64-9.0-nano-20181114 and still stuck on "Connect to Wi-Fi - Checking for updates" loop.
Which gapps should i use?

In twrp mount system and type into terminal
Code:
 echo "ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED" >> /system/build.prop
This should disable initial setup after first boot.

juukeli

Nov 5, 2014
Is it a feature on newer Android versions that bluetooth won´t pair automatically with two devices at the same time? With LOS 14 (I think) Mi5 paired automatically with car handsfree and car audio (that are separate devices). Now with LOS 16 I always have to manually connect with car audio after automatically pairing with handsfree. Also my spare phone A2 Lite does the same thing. Car audio is set to "media sound" and hands free is set to "phone calls", so there´s no conflict in there.

I couldn´t find any setting in bluetooth settings to avoid this, any hint what could help?

patton82

Apr 27, 2009
I tried latest 1411 build but I cannot boot system, Always reboot to twrp.
Reverted back to 10102018 plus previous boot.img

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: deboo117

adamfirari

Feb 4, 2012
After 1 day, i got random reboots.
When i restored from recovery to previous version. i couldnt mount system. i have to format system to ext4 and then recover old system again.
For me best version is 0928 one.

aittamattia

Feb 28, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11
In twrp mount system and type into terminal
Code:
 echo "ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED" >> /system/build.prop
This should disable initial setup after first boot.

This is the only way to get thru setup, I tried several gapps versions and firmware versions, but only running this command on TWRP will make it boot.

I've installed Magisk 17.1, I cannot pass safety test on a clean install, anyone having the same issue?

EDIT: clean flash without Magisk, pico gapps and latest firmware, used the trick to skip Google setup, Google Pay isn't working as it states the phone may be rooted or because of some other changes made to the phone, NFC is working though.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmenc

deboo117

Nov 12, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S23
Tried 14/11 build but only met with bootloops unfortunately.
Reflashed 28/9 and I'm back in business.

Thanks to the devs for their continued efforts regardless!

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

I tried latest 1411 build but I cannot boot system, Always reboot to twrp.
Reverted back to 10102018 plus previous boot.img

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
Same issue.

rastamuffin

Oct 20, 2016
someone got me a Downloadlink for 8.11.15 firmware.zip for Xiaomi mi5 , will this work with latest lineage os 16 ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    Broken / not yet supported:
    • Something must be broken, right?

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • ANT+
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 8.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 8.5.10 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family.

Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

Contributors
    bgcngm, Mi5Devs
    ROM OS Version: 9 Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.120
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 8.8.30 dev

Version Information

Created 2018-08-31
    Last Updated 2018-08-31
    https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/hudson/+/258417

Nightlies will be back once the next builds are queued and completed.
    This month's build is up. It could almost be official.
    New build is up, with some more features ported, kernel with latest CAF P-based tag merged and enforcing SELinux. Ohh... and this month's ASB merged too!