- Improved stability
- Fix Photobooth (Works perfectly)

GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.2beta_build.6.1.013.apk

XDA Mirror :

I add the version of TlnNeun ( @Tolyan009 ) and @IDan1109

MGC_6.1.013_TlnNeun-based_v.0.4

Changelog:
- Added miniuser123 setting (Do some tests because there are new codes)
- Added the Resampling selection
- Added selection for Motion photo resolution to fix bugs on any device
- Fix Photobooth (does not work if motion photo is enabled)

MGC_6.1.013_TlnNeun-based_v.0.4_IDan-Advances+.apk

I'm back, I'll answer all your posts soon.
Since I got back yesterday, I've been working on this new version.
For the new version of google, the night mode is not beautiful, I will find out why.
In 1.3 night sight just stays at Black screen when selecting it photobooth does not work for me in any of the three new versions you posted. No front portrait or video or front night mode.

pepa 77

Dec 2, 2014
Česká Lípa
Didn't test this and am already back on beta 1.3.
I've been switching between these versions a couple times by now and won't do once more.
I really think improving this version is the right way.
Working on multiple versions will probably delay all of them.

@Arnova8G2
Could you please provide different package names for different Gcam versions in future releases?
Makes it much easier and quicker to compare them in the same situations
App cloner is telling me it can't clone Google apks.

Thank you!

Edit: selfies seem much more stable on beta 1.3.
Not a single crash yet and I have been literally hammering the shutter button 20+ times in a row.
In comparison 1.5 Beta2 (Gcam 5.3) crashed right at the second attempt in the same high contrast situation.
Will keep you updated on this.

Hello this version 1.5.8 clone.apk will work for you.
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/how-to-duplicate-clone-apps/

Reactions: doc_v15

aneesh12

Oct 17, 2017
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Didn't test this and am already back on beta 1.3.
I've been switching between these versions a couple times by now and won't do once more.
I really think improving this version is the right way.
Working on multiple versions will probably delay all of them.

@Arnova8G2
Could you please provide different package names for different Gcam versions in future releases?
Makes it much easier and quicker to compare them in the same situations
App cloner is telling me it can't clone Google apks.

Thank you!

Edit: selfies seem much more stable on beta 1.3.
Not a single crash yet and I have been literally hammering the shutter button 20+ times in a row.
In comparison 1.5 Beta2 (Gcam 5.3) crashed right at the second attempt in the same high contrast situation.
Will keep you updated on this.
hey, i am sorry but in my case beta 1.3 is not so stable as compared to beta 1.2. following are the problems i faced with beta 1.3

1)sometimes the shutter button doesn't work and viewfinder hangs. happens in both the hdr+ and hdr+ enhanced cases.
2) viewfinder is lagging sometimes.
3) front camera is more stable than that of beta 1.2 but it has the problem of shutter button not working after some clicks in hdr+. it never crashes atleast
4) after taking 11-12 clicks, the processing circle never disappears in front camera hdr+ enhanced.
5)I found the portrait mode to be very stable. took a lot of photos and never faced any problem.
@AcmE85 please confirm if you're facing these problems or not.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

@Arnova8G2

in beta 1.3, portrait mode is very stable. No problems there. Hope this observation will be useful to figure out the bug in normal mode.

kryshnakishore

Aug 19, 2015
Hyderabad, India
on latest beta 3 version, seem to be very stable.
1. pls improve flash brightness
2. update AR Stickers.

stock VS Gcam in full dark room

Attachments

• IMG_20181120_233920.jpg
    IMG_20181120_233920.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 1,350
  • IMG_20181120_233851.jpg
    IMG_20181120_233851.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 1,346

knox58

Sep 25, 2018
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi 11T Pro
In 1.3 night sight just stays at Black screen when selecting it photobooth does not work for me in any of the three new versions you posted. No front portrait or video or front night mode.

Im also having the same problem in 1.3..(night mode photobooth stays black)
1.2 works fine..front potrait Selfie doesn't work force closes

Note : im using pixel experience rom latest build 15-11

AcmE85

Jan 19, 2012
hey, i am sorry but in my case beta 1.3 is not so stable as compared to beta 1.2. following are the problems i faced with beta 1.3

1)sometimes the shutter button doesn't work and viewfinder hangs. happens in both the hdr+ and hdr+ enhanced cases.
2) viewfinder is lagging sometimes.
3) front camera is more stable than that of beta 1.2 but it has the problem of shutter button not working after some clicks in hdr+. it never crashes atleast
4) after taking 11-12 clicks, the processing circle never disappears in front camera hdr+ enhanced.
5)I found the portrait mode to be very stable. took a lot of photos and never faced any problem.
@AcmE85 please confirm if you're facing these problems or not.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

[/COLOR @Arnova8G2

in beta 1.3, portrait mode is very stable. No problems there. Hope this observation will be useful to figure out the bug in normal mode.

So most of your points are actually in favor of beta 1.3. (3, 4, 5)
What I actually see is you overdoing it big time, trying to take loads of shots at once. You know that the phone also needs time processing them, which eventually WILL pile up as can be seen in your results!?!
Of course the viewfinder starts lagging if you force the app to process multiple shots in the background up to the point were it won't let you even take shots anymore.
HDR+ relies on multiple frames being processed, you are basically filling up its "cache" with the way you use it. Especially in low light this might happen even quicker.

That said, I do not have most of your "issues". I get a slight lag sometimes in the viewfinder, but nothing which would break the app for me.
I know it is always good to get a second person confirming certain issues, but I won't be sitting here taking multiple shots just to "break" the app on purpose.
I did so once for the selfie camera before I posted the info, but that was just to stress-test it. No crashes whatsoever.
From what I see in your post, the app is actually REALLY stable as it appears it did not even force close once for you.
I stand to my opinion that beta 1.3 is the most stable version so far. Takes EVERY shot and doesn't crash on selfies anymore (fingers crossed).
The only "issue" is the blue/green tint.

Thanks @Arnova8G2!

edit: after re-reading my post, I actually sound pretty rude. I really mean no offense towards you.
Probably phrased it that way because I'm hungry. Sorry^^

Last edited:

MetalSir

Oct 25, 2018
Italy
What I actually see is you overdoing it big time, trying to take loads of shots at once. You know that the phone also needs time processing them, which eventually WILL pile up as can be seen in your results!?!
Of course the viewfinder starts lagging if you force the app to process multiple shots in the background up to the point were it won't let you even take shots anymore.
HDR+ relies on multiple frames being processed, you are basically filling up its "cache" with the way you use it. Especially in low light this might happen even quicker.

That said, I do not have most of your "issues". I get a slight lag sometimes in the viewfinder, but nothing which would break the app for me.
I know it is always good to get a second person confirming certain issues, but I won't be sitting here taking multiple shots just to "break" the app on purpose.
I did so once for the selfie camera before I posted the info, but that was just to stress-test it. No crashes whatsoever.
From what I see in your post, the app is actually REALLY stable as it appears it did not even force close once for you.
I stand to my opinion that beta 1.3 is the most stable version so far. Takes EVERY shot and doesn't crash on selfies anymore (fingers crossed).

Thanks @Arnova8G2!

edit: after re-reading my post, I actually sound pretty rude. I really mean no offense towards you.
So, for you 1.3 is the one to go. anyone gave a try on the MGC mod?

AzzyC

GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.3beta_build.6.1.0210

Changelog:
- First test for this new version
- Everything works except slow motion

GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.3beta_build.6.1.0210.apk

XDA Mirror :
GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.3beta_build.6.1.0210.apk

GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.2beta_build.6.1.013

Changelog:
- Improved stability
- Fix Photobooth (Works perfectly)

XDA Mirror :

I add the version of TlnNeun ( @Tolyan009 ) and @IDan1109

MGC_6.1.013_TlnNeun-based_v.0.4

Changelog:
- Added miniuser123 setting (Do some tests because there are new codes)
- Added the Resampling selection
- Added selection for Motion photo resolution to fix bugs on any device
- Fix Photobooth (does not work if motion photo is enabled)

MGC_6.1.013_TlnNeun-based_v.0.4_IDan-Advances+.apk

I'm back, I'll answer all your posts soon.
Since I got back yesterday, I've been working on this new version.
For the new version of google, the night mode is not beautiful, I will find out why.
Hi I'm on a GSI on S9, trying to run your v0.4. I'm getting FC upon opening app (Log attached) Happy to test any available apks ?

Attachments

• gcam_v0.4.txt
    63.2 KB · Views: 6

se7ensde

Mar 19, 2016

Thanks @Arnova8G2!

hardly anything works for me on 1.3 beta. I find mgc to be the best option

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Im also having the same problem in 1.3..(night mode photobooth stays black)
1.2 works fine..front potrait Selfie doesn't work force closes

Note : im using pixel experience rom latest build 15-11
photo booth works on 1.2 for you?

aneesh12

Oct 17, 2017
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Poco F3

Thanks @Arnova8G2!

well, the shutter button doesn't work and viewfinder lags even when i click 2-3 photos, sometimes even one. so that's not clearly overusing it i guess. viewfinder lags sometimes just after opening the app. It's strange that I am the only one having those problems. if there is anyone else facing these problems, please do let me know.

zevral

Dec 31, 2012
Siegen
Tested 1.3 a bit.
HDR enhanced is still too dark in low light, when using TinNeun+IDan with +0.2 exposure it's better.

Here is a comparison of stock, HDR enhanced and night sight (both on 1.3)

The brightest is night sight, the darkest is HDR enhanced

Attachments

• IMG_20181120_201317.jpg
    IMG_20181120_201317.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 1,376
  • IMG_20181120_201258.jpg
    IMG_20181120_201258.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 1,361
  • IMG_20181120_201202.jpg
    IMG_20181120_201202.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 1,346

Top Liked Posts