• Blocking ads

Votes: 989 64.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mijamal7

Nov 19, 2018
Suggestion for feature to be added to the app.

Hi, thanks for this app. I use this along with the Spin Browser to prevent my kids from accessing inappropriate sites, or using another browser to do so. I had a suggestion, if it's possible to implement. I've noticed that after blocking internet access for a downloaded app, if that app is uninstalled and then reinstalled, the internet block is gone, and the app is able to access the internet again. It would be very convenient if the internet access block for an app could be saved, so even if it's uninstalled and reinstalled, it wouldn't be able to access the internet. Thanks again for the app, and I hope this feature can be implemented soon. :)

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hi, thanks for this app. I use this along with the Spin Browser to prevent my kids from accessing inappropriate sites, or using another browser to do so. I had a suggestion, if it's possible to implement. I've noticed that after blocking internet access for a downloaded app, if that app is uninstalled and then reinstalled, the internet block is gone, and the app is able to access the internet again. It would be very convenient if the internet access block for an app could be saved, so even if it's uninstalled and reinstalled, it wouldn't be able to access the internet. Thanks again for the app, and I hope this feature can be implemented soon. :)
This will not be added because most people rely on the opposite.

_theluk_

Aug 30, 2017
You might want to consider setting the default such that it will always block internet access by default. That way, if a new app is installed it won't be able to acess internet,

chrisWhyTea

Nov 19, 2018
Hi,
Is there a reason why only the latest release (aka 2.217 beta) is available as apk on github while older versions (even the latests "stabel") is only available as source code?

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
T-Mobile LG G5
I know this might be a silly question, but I'll ask it anyway-
I've got NetGuard 2.118 installed on my unrooted LG 7-inch tablet with Android v5.0.2. 2.118 is the last version for pre- v5.1

I now have a new unrooted 12-inch tablet with Marshmallow v6 installed & I put NetGuard 2.118 on it. Seems fine, but it's less than a day. What is the advantage of installing the latest stable NetGuard 2.217 on my Marshmallow 12-inch tablet?

I'm only asking because whenever possible I like to have the same version of apps across different devices, as it makes device management simpler. Thanks!

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I know this might be a silly question, but I'll ask it anyway-
I've got NetGuard 2.118 installed on my unrooted LG 7-inch tablet with Android v5.0.2. 2.118 is the last version for pre- v5.1

I now have a new unrooted 12-inch tablet with Marshmallow v6 installed & I put NetGuard 2.118 on it. Seems fine, but it's less than a day. What is the advantage of installing the latest stable NetGuard 2.217 on my Marshmallow 12-inch tablet?

I'm only asking because whenever possible I like to have the same version of apps across different devices, as it makes device management simpler. Thanks!
See here for the changelog:
https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher.png

NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet - no root required.
    Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.

Blocking access to the internet can help:
    • reduce your data usage
    • save your battery
    • increase your privacy

Features:
    • Simple to use
    • No root required
    • 100% open source
    • No calling home
    • No tracking or analytics
    • No advertisements
    • Actively developed and supported
    • Android 5.1 and later supported
    • IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
    • Tethering supported
    • Optionally allow when screen on
    • Optionally block when roaming
    • Optionally block system applications
    • Optionally forward ports, also to external addresses (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
    • Optionally record network usage per application per address
    • Optionally block ads using a hosts file (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Material design theme with light and dark theme

PRO features
    • Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
    • Allow/block individual addresses per application
    • New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
    • Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
    • Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version

There is no other no-root firewall, except for clones, offering all these features.

This XDA thread is about using the latest version of NetGuard.
    Off topic comments are allowed as long they are related to NetGuard and are in the general interest of the followers of this thread.

Discussion of purchases is not allowed here, please contact me via here instead.

NetGuard is being maintained and community supported, but new features won't be added anymore.

For ad blocking, see here. Ad blocking is provide "as-is".

More information on Github:

Downloads:

Screenshots:
    101-main.png
    102-main-details.png

103-main-access.png
    108-notifications.png

For more screenshots, see here.
    I have just released stable version 2.39.

Changelog/download
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.39

This version will be available in the Play store after Google's approval.

Usage data sharing has been removed from this version.

The future of this project depends on the general support for this project. You can for example write something positive here or in the Play store, press the thanks button, donate something, purchase a pro feature or contribute translations or source code.
    NetGuard is currently in alpha testing phase.
    Please report any problems you encounter.

It would be nice if someone could design an appropriate icon.
    I have just released beta version 2.21.

Changelog/download:
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.21

This version will be available as beta version in the Play store after Google's approval.