CMR-W09(B) 10.8 Updates - US Version?

Search This thread

reubenray

Jul 26, 2010
South Alabama
I have this ordered and I want to know as much as I can about updates prior to getting it. I keep reading about OTA updates and if I understand correctly doing this may void my warranty.

1) Will I get the latest updates discussed here with a stock ROM using the standard method (wifi)?

2) Will doing an OTA update void the warranty, plus how much risk is it to brick my tablet?

3) I have read a lot of instructions on doing an OTA update - which is the easiest to do?

reubenray

Jul 26, 2010
South Alabama
I have this ordered and I want to know as much as I can about updates prior to getting it. I keep reading about OTA updates and if I understand correctly doing this may void my warranty.

1) Will I get the latest updates discussed here with a stock ROM using the standard method (wifi)?

2) Will doing an OTA update void the warranty, plus how much risk is it to brick my tablet?

3) I have read a lot of instructions on doing an OTA update - which is the easiest to do?

I haven't got any answers to the above questions, but I have another one.

Does Huawei post anywhere what their updates changes? I have read about not doing certain updates due to the update changing something that should not be changed. I will be getting my tablet in a few days.

Taking updates pushed out by Huawei will not void your warranty. They push out updates about every 3 months (I have the 8.4 version). They will automatically appear on your tablet.

You only void the warranty if you unlock the bootloader. If you are rooted the process is different for taking updates.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: reubenray

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Taking updates pushed out by Huawei will not void your warranty. They push out updates about every 3 months (I have the 8.4 version). They will automatically appear on your tablet.

You only void the warranty if you unlock the bootloader. If you are rooted the process is different for taking updates.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk