Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
Motorola Moto Maxx
Xiaomi Mi 5

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi 5s [Capricorn]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FMRadio
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound / vibration
Facelock

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
Liked our work? Give us a beer
jhenrique09 paypal
Hlcpereira paypal

Translation
Help with project translation

Telegram channel
Stay tuned

XDA:DevDB Information
PixelExperience-P, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5s

Contributors
Hlcpereira
Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 8.11.8 as minimum target
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2018-11-25

Created 2018-11-25
Last Updated 2019-01-11

curla

Jul 24, 2018
Belgrade
Thanks for this one!
What would be recommended steps to upgrade from your latest, August, Oreo release, including fw 8.11.11+ flash?

Reactions: atamansv

Canales1988

Dec 26, 2017
Thank you very much for your efforts and for keeping this mobile phone alive for those of us who like roms

pelegyair

Oct 17, 2012
Thank you for your hard work!
Can anyone please explain me how to install this rom from lineage(8.1). Do i need to install a firmware and afterwards the rom? Is it reversible? Will i be able to install miui if I want?
Thank you!!!!

mkoev

Oct 7, 2012
Varna
Did a clean flash and the Rom boots and runs fine. Dark theme is not entirely implemented but makes sense in a 1st build. Google Assistant is working fine. Camera is Ok. Wi-fi is working so this is already a daily driver for me :)) Btw I flashed the 8.11.15 firmware.

pak lah

Aug 13, 2008
Did a clean flash and the Rom boots and runs fine. Dark theme is not entirely implemented but makes sense in a 1st build. Google Assistant is working fine. Camera is Ok. Wi-fi is working so this is already a daily driver for me :)) Btw I flashed the 8.11.15 firmware.

How is the battery life? The previous oreo PE has really impressive battery life.

Reactions: VNald

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
Motorola Moto Maxx
Xiaomi Mi 5

Working as supposed be. Like, dark theme won't be implemented at all the spaces. Just for the ones that Pixel also apply. And some features of PE Oreo won't be implemented, like advanced reboot menu, because of that detail of the ROM start to really to be the PixelExperience ROM.

Reactions: MarcoCount

MarcosFSL

Nov 26, 2018
Video not working

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to congrats for brilliant job. Fantastic rom.
I've a little problem, videos aren't working as well. They seem to be buffering, but they're not. It's happening with all videos (YouTube, gallery, Instagram). Beside that, videos aren't no audio.
I think that's easily to fix it. Should I flash some driver? Which one? Where I find it?

Help me.

limboooooo

Oct 7, 2018
Chongqing
Hi,

First of all, I'd like to congrats for brilliant job. Fantastic rom.
I've a little problem, videos aren't working as well. They seem to be buffering, but they're not. It's happening with all videos (YouTube, gallery, Instagram). Beside that, videos aren't no audio.
I think that's easily to fix it. Should I flash some driver? Which one? Where I find it?

Help me.

Try this.https://github.com/XiaomiFirmwareUp...rn_miui_MI5SGlobal_8.11.15_5c5145f64a_8.0.zip

MarcoCount

Dec 17, 2015
I successfully flashed the ROM by wiping system, data, cache and dalvik.
Then I flashed fw_capricorn_miui_MI5S_8.11.23_a7be19e9bc_8.0 firmware and Pixel Experience (no gapps obviously)

@Hlcpereira thanks a lot for your work!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi 5s [Capricorn]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    jhenrique09 paypal
    Hlcpereira paypal

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience-P, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5s

Contributors
    Hlcpereira
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 8.11.8 as minimum target
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-11-25

Created 2018-11-25
    Last Updated 2019-01-11
    That's probably my last update for capricorn. If someone want to take the maintainship over, that's fine for me. Also if it's not stable/not booting I'll make another update. It was great to work on all Mi 5 series devices. I advanced a lot as a developer while working for them, but life is life. Thx everyone!
    ROM Update!
    Clean Install is recommended!

Download link

Changelog: Check Here!

Found a bug?:

Check if you make a clean install (wiping Cache, Data, Dalvik/ART Cache and System). If you did a "dirty flash" I won't give you a solution. If you made a clean install, report it, and don't forget the logcat. Official supported ROMs can be only a bug of the ROM or of the device. If it's of ROM, report in the official ways of the ROM, like Telegram Group or G+ Community.
    ROM Update!

Download link

Found a bug?:

Check if you make a clean install (wiping Cache, Data, Dalvik/ART Cache and System). If you did a "dirty flash" I won't give you a solution. If you made a clean install, report it, and don't forget the logcat. Official supported ROMs can be only a bug of the ROM or of the device. If it's of ROM, report in the official ways of the ROM, like Telegram Group or G+ Community.
    ROM Update!

Download link

Found a bug?: