[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.x

Search This thread

jerfsonpaiva

Dec 14, 2017
Parnaíba
It's already merged & included in today's daily build ;). See the S5 klte LineageOS 15.1 changelog https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/

Changes included in lineage-15.1-20181121-nightly-klte-signed.zip
Rotation related corrections
For me it's not worth updating to 2018-11-21 just for that single rotation fix so I'll wait for a build with more significant changes.

I update and now my phone don't pass the lineage loading screen, reboting and going to TWRP. Tested install another kernel and another version of LOS 15.1. FAIL.

Someone can help?

Fly_7113

May 31, 2017
Trieste
I update and now my phone don't pass the lineage loading screen, reboting and going to TWRP. Tested install another kernel and another version of LOS 15.1. FAIL.

Someone can help?

First of all, which version did you install? You need to be clear.
Also, what phone model do you have?
Finally, a logcat would be very useful indeed. So try to get one, if it is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: curiousrom

WahZooKey

Oct 22, 2016
Device is going to recovery after encryption

The last two days I set up a g900f with
- lineage-15.1-20181120-nightly-klte-signed.zip
- su addon / mindthegapps
- 64gb sandisk

this morning I enabled encryption.
Now the device turns on, asks for my password and is then displaying "shutting down" on the screen. And forwarding me to recovery.

Anything I can do? Can I disable encryption in the recovery mode?

Paul_Lunardi

May 28, 2015

Someone can help?

How much space did you have free in internal storage? I've had this occur when I've had under 600 mb free on my internal storage. I tried to log a job in JIRA but was told I needed to attach a logcat which I'm not sure is possible if you can't boot into the system (unless someone can please teach me).

Reactions: jerfsonpaiva

kurtn

Thanks haggertk.

Today I flashed TWRP and LineageOS to a stock S5 G900F. Vanilla. No root, no GApps. First thin I tried was Music and AudioFX. To my disappointment, AudioFX had no effect on the sound. Is this a known bug or have I forgotten something?
Gone back to nougat. I don't think Oreo will ever be as good as nougat. There is a flip cover section in nougat settings. Did not find in Oreo or pie.

Let's hope for pie and skip Oreo.

Flashing 16.0 Pie Beta on Official LineageOS 15.1

I decided to try on my S5 SM-G900M haggertk's unofficial beta LineageOS 16.0 for S5 a couple of days ago & it's really nice & usable as a daily driver even if it's not perfect yet.

So if you guys are interested you could check this report posted in the unofficial LineageOS 16.0 for S5 thread: Updating TWRP, S5 Flashing 16.0 on Official 15.1 & Camera Quality

rm43115

May 13, 2017
Disappearing Icons after LOS-Update

First of all, I have to say the following:

1.) Many thanks to the developers - we have a great ROM.
2.) The support in this forum is sensational (among others by TheFixItMan, curiousrom, fitittome and all the others who help here every day)! I've probably had dozens of different Android smartphones with LineageOS, but as fast as here, nowhere has been helped yet.

So now for my problem:
After every LOS-update different icons disappear from the surface.
The apps are still installed and working fine, but the icons are gone and I have to rearrange each time these icons.

I thought it might be due to my adoptable storage with full-disk encryption (FDE), so I manually started the last update from the TWRP (where the DATA partition is decrypted) ... but unfortunately a dozen icons disappeared again.

Annoying!

Does somebody has any idea how to fix it or what the root cause is?

Reactions: curiousrom

fitittome

Jan 6, 2017
Cardiff
Does somebody has any idea how to fix it or what the root cause is?
I think its to do with adoptable storage and the time it takes to mount the SD Card. i.e. Its not ready before the Home App loads. I guess the apps with missing icons are on the SD Card. No idea how to resolve but I avoid Adoptable Storage like the plague, it always ends in tears.

I think its to do with adoptable storage and the time it takes to mount the SD Card. i.e. Its not ready before the Home App loads. I guess the apps with missing icons are on the SD Card. No idea how to resolve but I avoid Adoptable Storage like the plague, it always ends in tears.

This could be right. I use adoptable storage routinely (a 64GB Sandisk SD card) and I don't have any trouble with it, except for sometimes on boot when it does take a loooong time to mount.

I run Nova launcher, and for me those apps that are on the SD card show as greyed out until the mount is completed. Once the mount is completed, almost always those apps change to the appropriate color. Rarely, after waiting for a bit, I have to restart Nova launcher to get the icons to show color.

OP might consider trying Nova launcher instead of the built-in launcher. That would represent one way around the problem.

jerfsonpaiva

Dec 14, 2017
Parnaíba
How much space did you have free in internal storage? I've had this occur when I've had under 600 mb free on my internal storage. I tried to log a job in JIRA but was told I needed to attach a logcat which I'm not sure is possible if you can't boot into the system (unless someone can please teach me).
Thanks.
I think the problem is low free internal storage like you mentioned. I tried many things and nothing had work. Only wipying all and installing again (fresh install) made works. II'm back to LOS 14.1, for better battery, and waiting for PIE.

purplevike

Apr 2, 2012
Bluetooth Metadata Problem

Hi all. I've scoured the interwebs and am unable to find a solution to my problem.

I can't see complete metadata when connecting to my car's head unit via bluetooth. This functionality always worked fine when running stock 4.4.2 TW. I've been toying with the AVRCP settings in Dev Options to solve my problem, and have discovered AVRCP 1.3 gives me track title (no artist) and HU control of audio apps. AVRCP 1.4-1.6 are entirely inoperable, (no metadata, no control of any audio app.) Un-pairing/pairing, phone/HU reboots, disabling/enabling BT connectivity, all ineffective. The problem exists with 4 different audio apps (Pandora, Tune-In Radio, Poweramp, Spotify.) This same scenario is repeatable on 2 different head units, with upgraded firmware.

I really think that there may be a simple solution, but I sure don't know what it is. I'd appreciate any help the community can provide.

Particulars:
Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T)
Baseband G900TUVU1GQC2
Official LineageOS 15.1 (klte), no kernel change
Magisk rooted

Thanks so much for any help with this!

jfiel999

Mar 4, 2015
I dont know if im the only he one having this issue but my capacitive touch always light up when i tap the display, which isn't supposed to unless when tapped just like the stock rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Wiki.

Important Info
    To flash this rom you need TWRP version 3.2.1-0 or newer.

Build/Variant Map:
    klte - SM-G900AZ, SM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8, SM-S902L
    klteactivexx - SM-G870F
    kltechn - SM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    kltechnduo - SM-G9006W, SM-G9008W
    klteduos - SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedv - SM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekdi - SCL-23
    kltekor - SM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

Download Links
    rom: https://download.lineageos.org
    twrp: https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxys5qualcomm.html

google apps (Optional): https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html
    root su addon (Optional): https://download.lineageos.org/extras Note: Use arm zips. After installing the su addon, you can enable root in developer options.

Instructions
    1. boot into twrp and wipe data and system
    2. flash rom zip
    3. flash gapps zip (optional)
    4. flash su addon zip for root (optional)
    Reboot & enjoy.

Bug Reporting
    If a bug is discovered, confirm it with other users in this thread, then report it following our wiki here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/bugreport-howto.html

LineageOS Stats
    https://stats.lineageos.org/

Credits
    Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community

Source Code:
    Kernel tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_msm8974/tree/lineage-15.1
    Code review: https://review.lineageos.org

Android version: 8.1.0 Oreo
    Kernel version: LA.BF.1.1.3-00110-8x74.0 + Linux 3.4.113 + common/android-3.4 + a bunch of stuff
    I'm not dead, just ambivalent to threads and xda... but here's your thread anyway.
    I can't believe what that tease @haggertk had done when he had posted the following on another thread!

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=77393486

It has a screenshot of an S5 with a LineageOS 16.x Android 9 (Pie) Installed.

LMAO! :eek:

At least it reflects that their on the job continuing their great work. Especially when Samsung already placed the S5 on their EOL list that passed by, i believe, last year.

Just a friendly heads up! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900V device.
    I've created a flashable zip to change the mic volume.

Values of mic vol changed from around 87 to 106

Flash in twrp (you will need to re-flash it each time you update the rom if you want to keep the changes)