[ROM][7.X][Nougat] nAOSP ROM for ACRO S

Search This thread

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nexus 6
Could someone help me? I really want this ROM
Does someone know how to install this ROM to Acro S
If so, please teach me or you could reply a step-by-step on what I should do or what I should download
Also could you please include the way to recovery. I read all replies in this section.
Please Help :eek: :confused: :( :crying:

P.S my phone is rooted, just now hehehe.
If you haven't unlocked the bootloader yet, you need to do that first.

Then follow the guide to repartition the storage: https://xdaforums.com/xperia-s/acro...flashing-guide-ultimate-t3334055/post65778078

If you are new to this, you are probably better off with another rom that doesn't require you to repartition.

mecha659

Jul 16, 2014
Philippines

zilia

Jul 23, 2007
jsoi, thanks! Finally it works!
I'v just copied to SD TWRP-3.1.1-hikari.img and boot.img from nAOSProm-7.1.1-b03.zip, then flashed twrp into boot with fastboot, in twrp installed recovery image to FOTA and boot image to boot.

Now I have led signal during boot and can get into recovery.

Thanks again!

Just want to repeat that this important fact should be probably added to thу step by step flashing guide for nAOSP 6 and 7 for Xperia Acro S:
To keep your custom recovery after flashing the ROM you have to flash the recovery to FOTA instead of boot partition. Then you will have a normal working layout whan you can basically boot to the OS or to TWRP 3.1.1 if needed.
And if you suddenly had flashed TWRP over the ROM and stuck in situation when the phone doesn't boot anything but recovery, you have just get the boot.img file from the ROM zip you flashed and and flash it back to the boot partition (either via fastboot or from recovery - up to you). Dont forget to flash the recovery to FOTA partition after that :)
Good luck to all flashers :highfive:

Last edited:

userawesome

Sep 22, 2018
Hey @mickybart and @millosr, thanks for all your efforts and hard work done to thins rom. Any reason you gutted acro s support from naosp 8.1-wip branches in both projects? Checked up whole tree just to realize there isn't
Code:
lunch aosp_hikari-userdebug
support anymore :(

h15.niazmand

Aug 31, 2014
karaj

hi mr millosr

thanks a lot for your new release for acro s device
if it is possible for you please solve some bugs that i have found in this firmware
after one day use of this rom i found these bugs :

1- usb otg do not work at normal condition , but if we apply +5 volt for flash device in another way , phone can detect usb flash , but the phone can not deliver this voltage (+ 5 volt) in charge port in the phone

2- when we want to enable significant motion sensor in its menu the phone show system error and can not enable it .

3 - fast charge option do not work the same as before in last (7.1 version) and the time for full charge is more , when you want change it phone show system error .

4 - blue tooth function can not run completely and some times disconnect from its device .

5 - very important bug is some programs such as telegram can successfully register but after restart you should register it again .

6 - when the level of battery reaches to 11% phone suddenly show 1% and turn off itself .

thanks for your help

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,
    You might have seen my last Guide about Flashing BPaul's 5.0 and 5.1.1 and Mickybart's nAOSP 6.0 for ACRO S
    Here I present you Android nAOSP Nougat for Xperia ACRO S.

The purpose of this ROM is to provide a ROM not so far of the AOSP with some cool features (nAOSP means "near AOSP"). It is clean, smooth and Bloat-free

NOTE: Although there isn't any chances of
    hard-bricking your phone, you MAY encounter soft-brick. If you don't know
    what I'm talking about and what is 'hard-brick' and ''soft-brick' or how to
    recover from it, please read about that before continuing.
    Do AT your own risk!

nAOSP 7.1.1 Nougat Changelog
    b03
    • android-7.1.1_r22 (February security fixes)
    • Settings: enable Gestures (into Device section after User) to manage pickup, double tap on power button to run camera and wakeup
    • Sensors: Pickup: stable and enabled by default
    • KernelManager Included to tweak kernel parameters. Don't use things you don't know about. (use at your own risk)
    • All integrated Xperia Apps removed. (provided .zip packages link below)
    • Minor touch-ups
    Clean Flash!
    Xperia Apps: JUST_CLICK_HERE
    Patch for b03:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767141681

b2.4

• USB OTG back to work
    • Xperia Album added (replaced over Gallery) (Lockscren & Homescreen wallpapers can be set individually)
    • Xperia HOME added (Experimental)(Launcher3 isn't removed yet, in case you experienced problem with HOME switch to Launcher3)
    • Xperia Clock+Widget added (replaced over AOSP clock having snoozer bug)
    • Xperia Weather widget added
    • Xperia Keyboard added (replaced over AOSP)
    • The Drill added (settings>Information)
    • Minor bugs fixed...
    Clean Flash, as new apps are added and older removed.
    Also Updater is experiencing some problems.

Submit Review/Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIoAyoCuwZ9PvSI0Jib6frisyzgcfTY_nXQdGzq_Jnt1eqIQ/viewform

b02

• android-7.1.1_r9 (January security fixes)
    • Lightbar removed (from settings/nAOSProm options)
    • FM/Radio crash fixed
    • Bootanimation changed to Stock Xperia X style
    • ROMUpdater fixed (next update can be installed directly)
    • OTA: Support addon.d (Gapps and hosts file will be restored so you don't need to flash gapps anymore during a dirty flash)
    • OTA: Support resize /system automatically for those with bigger /system (compatible with addon.d as the resize occurs before addon.d restore)
    • QS: Number of columns configurable
    • Status bar: bring back support of custom battery style
    • Navbar: Pixel style + fix crash when enabled for some applications
    • RIL: fixed manual network selection requests
    • Launcher3 fixed
    • Launcher3: Search bar not displayed anymore for those without search provider (not tested when a service provider is available). Dark icons on status bar if the top wallpaper is not dark.
    • Eleven, Gallery, ...: Switch from CM to LineageOS repos

b01

• Android-7.1.1_r4 (December security fixes)
    • Themes: Pixel blue by default
    • QS: Fast Charge tile removed. Fast Charge integrated with Battery tile. Properly handle the fact that a fast charge change require an unplug/plug to be effective.
    • Tethering usb/wifi fixed @adriandC)

Procedure for b01:
    Make a clean Flash.
    Launcher 3 is not working so use given Launcher (download section below) and flash through recovery. (After bootup Force Stop Launcher 3)
    Wipe cache.
    (Flash ROM+GApps => Given Launcher => Wipe cache => Reboot!)

nAOSP 7.0 Nougat Changelog

b06
    Please remove your themes before flashing the ROM as Substratum is now fully supported (but not the legacy one)
    • android-7.0.0_r19 (November security fixes)
    • kernel: security updates
    • OMS7 support
    • SELinux: Enforced
    • Fix camcorder
    • Fix battery draining when screen off
    • Audio: incall: port voice session and volume/mute control from nAOSP 5.1
    • Navigation bar tuner (see System UI Tuner)
    • Dialer: automatic proximity speaker
    • New audio sounds from Google Nexus devices
    • Tethering: Available for everyone (no provisionning, bypass tethering plan)
    • Ui: QS USB Tethering
    • Ui: QS Sync
    • Ui: Press on Clock or Date from status bar will start Alarm or Calandar Apps (new alarm or new event on Long press)
    • Time: Disable unneeded proprietary time_daemon which causing unexpected clock change
    • Themes: full substratum themes support (base, dialer, contacts, settings...)
    • Exchange: bring back support from Android 6.0
    • Jack: add manual plug/unplug control for broken jack detection (see nAOSProm settings and Quick Settings) - thanks to @sne and @heavens dragon for the icon
    • su: include supolicy (from SuperSU)
    • Night mode: Automatic mode and rework for 7.0/Kcal support - see System UI Tuner/Color and Appearance
    • SafetyNet: experimental workaround (working fine with SafetyNet Helper but not with Android Pay. don't know for PokemonGo)
    • TWRP: not included (please use the one from nAOSP 6.0 b13)
    • Bluetooth: fix that permit to toggle on the bluetooth after a clean flash @millosr)
    • fix multiple soft reboot (eg: video playback on Gallery) @millosr)
    • gapps-config.txt: do not install GooglePackageInstaller (needed for integrated Superuser)
    • Kernel : multiple security fixes + sdcardfs support
    • Busybox included
    • Adaway, Susbtratum legacy apps supported (some time Adaway is not able to write and need a second try)
    • diag: Fix permissions for /dev/diag and services that need it
    • GPU: Enable tiled
    • 2D: Support 60 fps + managed by the GPU to reduce CPU load (improve global responsivness).
    • OMX: Hw encoder support
    • Webview provider (Developer Settings)
    • Bluetooth (thanks @millosr) - All incoming files supported
    • FMRadio
    • Camera slow start issue fixed
    • Flashlight
    • Camera2 : crash and portrait issue fixed
    • DeskClock : crash on World button fixed
    • Email: Fake security for Exchange
    • Selinux : PERMISSIVE (temporary)
    • telephony: opensource libril and rild (thanks @millosr)
    • Memory: Malloc SVELTE mode (reduce memory space but slower allocation speed)

NOTE: While Flashing ROM through recovery if you seen an error like,
    E: unknown command [log] just don't worry. It's perfectly normal.

Downloads
    All Release available (download appropriate):
    ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=131852
    GApps: http://opengapps.org/
    (ARM => 7.X => any)

Overclocking
    Overclocked kernel are tested on my own device BUT I won't be responsible for any damages on yours.
    By default the ROM will use stock frequencies.

How to Flash
    Through TWRP!
    You need to merge partitions /data and /sdcard (already done if you come from nAOSP 6.0).
    IF not, please read the 6.0 procedure to flash this ROM. (JUST Re-Partitioning & Changing file-system)
    If you come from nAOSP 6.0 b12, you can simply flash the ROM as usual (a clean flash is preferable if you migrate from 6.0)

Thermanager
    By default if the device is too hot it will reduce the screen brightness and CPU clock.
    When the device will be cool enough it will restore brightness and CPU clock but at 1.5Ghz only.
    If you want to force thermanager to restore the clock to a specific value defined by an external overclocking tool,
    you can edit /system/etc/thermanager.xml.
    See http://xdaforums.com/show...postcount=2465

Themes
    Themes are supported with Substratum only (OMS).
    This is not a CM Theme Engine and so you can just use Substratum OMS themes.

ViPER4Android
    All credits go to ViPER520 and the amazing works.
    You should read detail and go to thanks developers.
    xda : http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2191223

Release
    Kernel: 3.4.0
    Android: 7.x

Thanks to:
    - @mickybart
    - @millosr
    - @billchen1977
    - ViPER4Android Team
    - Cyanogenmod Team
    - FXP Team
    - TWRP Team
    - All the community around Android

If you found above post easy and helpful, you could donate/buy me a cup of COFFEE or even a BEER! Just click HERE!

Regards,
    hitman-xda
    nAOSP 7.1.1 b03 Released

b03 Changelog
    • android-7.1.1_r22 (February security fixes)
    • Settings: enable Gestures (into Device section after User) to manage pickup, double tap on power button to run camera and wakeup
    • Sensors: Pickup: stable and enabled by default
    • KernelManager Included to tweak kernel parameters. Don't use things you don't know about. (use at your own risk)
    • All integrated Xperia Apps removed. (provided .zip packages link below)
    • Minor touch-ups
    Clean Flash!
    Xperia Apps: JUST_CLICK_HERE
    Merry Christmas!

nAOSP 7.1.1 Nougat Released
    Changelog
    b01

• Android-7.1.1_r4 (December security fixes)
    • Themes: Pixel blue by default
    • QS: Fast Charge tile removed. Fast Charge integrated with Battery tile. Properly handle the fact that a fast charge change require an unplug/plug to be effective.
    • Tethering usb/wifi fixed @adriandC)
    Read Instructions for download and flashing on main post
    nAOSProm-7.1.1-b02 Released
    Changelog:
    • android-7.1.1_r9 (January security fixes)
    • Lightbar removed
    • FM/Radio crash fixed
    • Bootanimation changed to Stock Xperia X style
    • ROMUpdater fixed (next update can be installed directly)
    • OTA: Support addon.d (Gapps and hosts file will be restored so you don't need to flash gapps anymore during a dirty flash)
    • OTA: Support resize /system automatically for those with bigger /system (compatible with addon.d as the resize occurs before addon.d restore)
    • QS: Number of columns configurable
    • Status bar: bring back support of custom battery style
    • Navbar: Pixel style + fix crash when enabled for some applications
    • RIL: fixed manual network selection requests
    • Launcher3 fixed
    • Launcher3: Search bar not displayed anymore for those without search provider (not tested when a service provider is available). Dark icons on status bar if the top wallpaper is not dark.
    • Eleven, Gallery, ...: Switch from CM to LineageOS repos
    Have Fun!
    Mainly security updates. (7.1.2 may updates.)

Maybe powerHAL also. (see Mickybart's changelog)

Have a test and try the build yourself. You can always flash 7.1.1b03 back if not working for you.

Battery drain is so much depending of the use of phone (display especially), so I cannot comment that.

I made this build mainly for my personal use, but if it's any use of anyone else then you are welcome to use it. Tke main drive was to get security updates to my phone.

Thank's to hitman-xda and mickybart for their great work.