[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 [BETA][6.03.2019]

Search This thread

thechosenone43

Feb 3, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Great Rom and still inhaling life to the aged S3?? I think I got it 2013 or so...
Right now I'm on Pocophone F1 but that's off topic sorry.

I flashed the latest build 2018-11-27 and I saw the selinux status is enforcing. So security checking with an app failed.
I saw on first page to"add" a command to fix the selinux to permissive but I couldn't get it to work so far.
I don't have root tought.. I flashed SU zip but didn't get root. That's not so important but could somebody explain step by step to fix selinux please?
I'm not much familiar with build prop or terminal app so please be patient with me lol ??

Thanks allot @dev and keep up the great work.

Cheers @All

SELinux is Disabled @ the Present

...I flashed the latest build 2018-11-27 and I saw the selinux status is enforcing. So security checking with an app failed.
I saw on first page to"add" a command to fix the selinux to permissive but I couldn't get it to work so far.
I don't have root tought.. I flashed SU zip but didn't get root. That's not so important but could somebody explain step by step to fix selinux please?...

You cannot really set the safety feature SELinux to Enforcing or Permissive because it's not included at all in the current builds. It's just spoofing.

See this post: Build 18.11.2018 Big Security Holes - Not Good for Daily Driver! and ChronoMonochrome's reply below it & search the post #1 with SELinux.

Edit for @thechosenone43:

...I'm just not liking to waste my time for all this "security" related stuff. You can expect SELinux enabled builds from anyone else, but not from me...

Last edited:
Reactions: rollinrollinrollin

thechosenone43

Feb 3, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
You cannot set the safety feature SELinux to Enforcing because it's not included at all in the current builds. It's just spoofing.

See this post: Re: Build 18.11.2018 Big Security Holes - Not Good for Daily Driver! which includes a quote by ChronoMonochrome & search the post #1 with SELinux.

Aha i see. Am i wrong but in the build before, in think it was build #5 the Selinux was permissive? Or I am mistaken?
Thanks anyway for your feedback mate

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
I don't have root tought.. I flashed SU zip but didn't get root. That's not so important but could somebody explain step by step to fix selinux please?
For now LineageOS addonsu is not working - use Magisk (someone posted that SuperSU works as well) instead.

I'm not much familiar with build prop or terminal app so please be patient with me lol ??
Currently Selinux is enabled (in a permissive mode). Some remnants of SELinux spoofing, however, are still there, for now switching to permissive (which is actual mode used now) is only possible via build.prop. Init.d script is an alternative way to do so:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

setprop sys.selinux_enforcing false

Hi @ChronoMonochrome
Can you add a wakelock for torch.
Have faced some issues with the torch too - will try to fix in the next release..

Hesham Sleem

Feb 2, 2013
Framework-res
Redmi Note 8
waiting for Next Build
1-i have bugs in play videos maybe due to removed HWC
2-Soft key need to remap ( menu key cannot change in button setting )
3-Led dosen't work in charging
4-Camera issue and this is in camera app because 3ed apps work fine

Latest this & latest that... & Logcat?

Clean install the latest build, latest kernel, nano Gapss, wifi fix and Magisk and everything works. Phone is surprisingly snappy. Thank you, @ ChronoMonochrome, for your great work and for keeping up our beloved I9300 alive.

Thanks for the report but could you please edit your post & include build, kernel, & Magisk versions as updates are frequent & "latest" will not mean anything in a few days?

After running the S3 i9300 for at least an hour or so could you please capture a logcat using one of the methods described in post #1 & attach it to a reply?

Or anybody else?

Yahoo1

Jul 6, 2014
Google Pixel 2 XL
Xiaomi Mi A3

Sadly your logcat is only from 12:36 to 12:45 so for only 9 minutes. :(

Could you run the S3 @ least 1 hour or more before grabbing a logcat?
Here you have new logs. Hopefully these will be Ok.

This ROM is really great. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 2018-12-03_21.37.zip
    147.5 KB · Views: 43

EaΔon

Dec 5, 2018
Update

When will the next update releasing
I'm waiting for that
And thanks for the rom bro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your (probably expired) warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Hi all,

This is an unofficial Oreo build for the Galaxy S3 (i9300) based on LineageOS 15.1.

Most of the ROM features are working, but the overall state might be not stable or not suitable for a daily use (not heavily tested yet).
    Don't install this ROM as your daily driver.

This work is heavily based on works of forkbomb444 (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 14.1), rINanDO (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 15.1) and A$teroid (thanks for cherry-picks I took from his kernel).

What is working:
    • Boots
    • Audio (playback && recording)
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Camera (photos && video recording)
    • Sensors
    • RIL (SMS, mobile data, calls)
    • Wifi
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)

What is not working:

• No V-Sync
    • Video recording
    • calls
    • AKM sensors (accel & magnetometer) issues
    • probably, GPS could work better
    • gralloc / surfaceflinger issues
    • maybe yet something

Reporting bugs

When reporting reboots, please produce log below as follows
    (using adb or terminal)
    Code:
    su
    cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
    and attach in this thread.

If reporting another issues
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    A rough timestamp of when the issue occurred is also useful.

to quickly & easily capture logcat (Main log), Kernel log (dmesg) & Last Kernel log (last_kmsg which is important in case of unwanted reboot) without using a computer + adb or use a Terminal emulator on the phone:
    1. Root the phone
    2. Developer Options > Store logger data persistently on device > select All. More info about it here on developer.android.com
    3. Install the free SysLog. (screenshot)

View attachment 4644180
    4. Reboot the phone & reproduce the problem(s).
    5. Open Syslog & select logcat, dmesg & last_kmsg. Add some significant keywords in the bottom including in Notes describing the bug & hit Take log.
    6. The individual logs + a .zip of all of them will be saved in /sdcard/Syslog. You must rename them .txt to be able to attach them to an XDA post like logcat.log > logcat_log.txt for example. Or you can choose Share which will .zip them & then you can attach to a post or upload somewhere & link to in your post if the .zip is too big for XDA's attachment service (20 MB max).
    Done! And make the dev happy. :cool:

Bug Reports & Logs?
    If the phone is not rooted you can grant this permission to enable Syslog using ADB (15 seconds ADB Installer) & a computer:
    • adb shell pm grant com.tortel.syslog android.permission.READ_LOGS
    You can also install an app like MatLog to analyse the logcat, filter it, search in it, export files etc but Syslog is fast & easy. If not rooted grant permission for MatLog:
    • adb shell pm grant com.pluscubed.matlog android.permission.READ_LOGS

Caution: proceed switching from customized builds to a "pure" ones with /data wipe!

Download:

Note: only flash kernel if the release dates of ROM and kernel are matched. Don't flash older kernels on newer ROMs, unless explicitly told. Usually dedicated kernel releases are non-regular and just for bugfixes (anyway see latests messages in the thread as I usually write what is different on these kernels). Installation order is as follows: ROM first, kernel second.

Credits:

If you like my work and want to thank me, feel free to buy a coffee :)
    https://paypal.me/ChronoMonochrome

Thanks to it'sup and someOn3 for donations!

Source code (standard builds):

Source code (customized builds):

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    ChronoMonochrome, rINanDO, A$teroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/CustomROMs

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-11-05
    Last Updated 2019-03-05
    Changelogs

Changelog

6.03.2019 - build #3a

• Correct NativeWindow PixelFormat fix (should fix crashes in apps like Google Play)
    • Re-tune Power HAL to match build #1a (22.02.2019)

5.03.2019 - build #2a

• Update sources
    • Switch gralloc to UMP-only allocations*
    • Actually include LiveDisplay HIDL this time
    • Dropped earlysuspend support in a favor of autosuspend (credits to @rINanDO)
    • Build libEGL_mali from sources & set the correct pixel format for the native window**
    • Fix NFC service crashes & include NFC feature
    • Reverted kernel ext4 fs updates***
    • Bluetooth: revert to LK 3.0.101****

* this should fix some artifacts like the distortion in the camera app or some apps like Chrome.
    ** this fixes color inversion in videos produced by Recorder app
    *** recently pushed updates seems to be incomplete and according to some user report were also causing filesystem corruption...
    **** a possible fix for the BT calls. Have no idea if that was broken by LK 3.4 update but lets just see if it fixes anything...

22.02.2019 - build #1a

• Update sources to android-8.1.0_r52 (security patch 2019-02-05)
    • Fixed gralloc artefacts with HIDL addition
    • Update to LiveDisplay HIDL 2.0 (thanks @rINanDO)
    • Clean sources up to get rid of most of hacks*
    • Hex-edit proprietary blobs libsec-ril.so and glgps to get rid of text relocations
    • Added symbol required by libsec-ril.so (and removed use of now unneeded shim lib)
    • Added incall CPU boost hook by @arter97
    • Added back hotplug support to Dynamic CPU governor
    • Optimized Power HIDL for even better power savings
    • Switch to 64-bit version of binder (official addonsu now should work)
    • Revert sensors to Replicant OS version (+ some fixes for them to work)

* torch wakelock patch is moved to kernel, removed hack for audio playback detection and so on.
    Also removed patches I found that were unused (I hope I didn't remove anything that was actually in use).

(Customized builds)

6.02.2019 - build #15

• Fixed graphic artefacts (hopefully fixes lags during scrolling too)
    • Fixed AdvancedDisplay (mDNIe)

All credit goes to @rINanDO.

5.02.2019 - build #14
    • Fixed screenshot issue
    • Fixed vibration
    • Reverted Binder driver to 32-bit version
    • Re-tuned CPU governor for better performance
    • Re-enabled GPU step 3

3.02.2019 - build #13

• Fixed and added back HWComposer (thanks to @rINanDO for patches)
    • PowerHAL && kernel CPU governor are tuned for better powersavings *
    • Disabled GPU step 3 for better powersavings
    • Switch kernel to Powersuspend driver (credits goes to Paul Reioux and Jean-Pierre Rasquin)
    • Build now got rid of many hacks in Android sources**
    • Switched to FunctionFS from legacy ADB driver (thanks to @AdrianDC for patchset)
    • Updated SDcardFS code from @AdrianDC Sony huashan kernel
    • Fixed kernel to switch to BOOTTIME support (thanks @rINanDO)
    • Removed any CMA-related kernel hacks for better device stability
    • Switched to Camera HAL2 (fixes modes like panorama in Google Camera)
    • Fixed broken workaround for SIM detection (again)

* Please test and give some feedback about these changes. Usage of high CPU freqs now should be limited as much as possible (it's an intended behaviour). Also this update makes PowerHAL profile working.

** Moved libc pthread hack to shim, also reverted RIL ashmem hack (thanks @javelinanddart for original commit and helping me with fixing our RIL blob).

13.01.2019 - build #12
    • Bring CMA enabled kernel back
    • Reverted to Dynamic CPU governor
    • Added GPU control (thanks @netarchy, Andrei F., @pascua28)
    • Gralloc fixes (credits to @rINanDO)
    • Added power HIDL (thanks @rINanDO)
    • Various patches for the Dialer (thanks to @SergeyL)
    • Fix for choppy audio playback
    • Added Google Camera (thanks Quiec@telegram)
    • Build is now signed with release keys *
    • Fixed (hopefully) device wake up issues **

* This should prevent the Trust from giving a warning about public keys being used. A possible fix for some apps that previously couldn't have been installed from Play Market (not tested).

** The known issue, however, is device slowness right after device first boot.
    There is nothing to do, just wait until mediaserver get scanned all files and dex2oat finish apps optimization. After that the phone is responsive again.

8.01.2019 - build #11

• Reverted CMA changes (build has 770 Mb RAM available) *
    • Set Lionheart CPU governor as default
    • Added Substratum theme engine support (thanks @SergeyL for patches)
    • Various optimizations from @SergeyL LineageOS 15.1 build

* Because of some issues (like slow device wakeup) reported, I'm reverting for now back to CMA disabled.
    In case if anyone want still using kernel with CMA enabled (this build has 937 Mb RAM available), I have built a kernel, download link below:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603893736

5.01.2019 - build #10

• Fixed accelerometer issues
    • Enabled Contiguous Memory Allocator *
    • Added memory management tweaks (see 94kernel init.d script), zRAM size changed to 300 Mb
    • Added Torch wakelock (thanks @rINanDO)
    • Changed user-settable display brightness interval (thanks to @Oebbler1) **
    • Updated video drivers from n7100 (thanks to @pascua28)
    • Updated CPU voltage table from @pascua28 kernel
    • Fixed CPU hotplug issues on Dynamic CPU governor
    • Added experimental HWComposer back

* This one was a toughest thing to get to work. After some testing of various patchsets and memory management tweaks I've decided to go with the original CMA implementation (by Samsung). A short test of heavy-tasking (with Google Chrome) didn't show any lags, but I might've missed something, so your assistanse in testing / reports are welcome!
    Currently available RAM is 956 Mb (compared to 776 Mb on previous build).

** Now display can be set much darker than before. Please be sure to set the display brightness higher before flashing new build (if you were already using a considerably low brigthness).

15.12.2018 - build #9

• Re-add Camera2 app *
    • Rework memory management optimizations **

* Because of some snap issues now we again have two camera apps. I'll consider further switching to some another camera app, unless I can fix it some other way (e.g. we can try some fixes for camera HAL from Galaxy S2, which aren't currently ported to S3).
    ** This is just a quick rebuild in which I've reverted previously applied memory optimizations from LineageOS 16.0 and applied ones from LineageOS 15.1 build for Galaxy Ace 2. Credit goes to @SergeyL for these optimizations.
    Please test and report if you feel it works better.

13.12.2018 - build #8

• Fixed wifi (flashing wifi fix should be no longer needed) *
    • Fixed sensors (thanks @rINanDO for help)
    • Implemented in-kernel battery charge level LED notification
    • Added CPU hotplug support for Dynamic governor (ported from PegasusQ governor)
    • Reverted kernel timer to 200 HZ (Exynos4 default value)
    • Added exFAT file system support (not tested)
    • Fixed menu key function override (thanks @ComicoX)

* not tested. Mine S3 has semcosh radio chip, in which case flashing wifi fix was already unnecessary. Please report if wifi now works without flashing fix linked in OP.

27.11.2018 - build #7

• Revert sensors updates (ambient light sensor breakage)
    • Small improvements to RIL workaround
    • Added init.d script for Boeffla Sound and Charge Level interface*

A small change in SIM detection workaround will allow to detect SIM faster if phone boots in airplane mode.

* Thanks to @Marc0601 and @NoN1979 for pointing to this script! Also thanks to @Darkened_Sky for writing this script :)

Known issues

• AKM sensors aren't working properly. A prebuilt Akm blob we use seems to have some broken logic regarding enabling / disabling Accelerometer and Magnetometer.

26.11.2018 - build #6

• GPS improvements (thanks to Nik2001Nik3006@4pda.ru)
    • SIM card detection workaround *
    • Reverted SELinux changes**
    • Added FIOPS I/O scheduler and set as default
    • Added SDCard FS support
    • Added Boeffla Sound***
    • Added charge level interface (from Boeffla kernel)
    • Added CPU undervolting interface (and update the default UV table from @A$teroid kernel)

* A temporary solution, that basically resets the RILD daemon, but still better than nothing. After booting the phone in the airplane mode SIM card now is detected, though I could't encounter a rare case where SIM is not detected at bootup when not booting in airplane mode.
    ** Magisk doesn't seem to support SELinux-disabled kernels, so reverting changes from previous build.
    *** Some of you asked me to add Boeffla sound - so far only kernel level is implemented, not sure about implementing an app. If anyone know an open-source app that supports Boeffla kernel features, let me know.

Known issues

• AKM sensors aren't working properly. A prebuilt Akm blob we use seems to have some broken logic regarding enabling / disabling Accelerometer and Magnetometer.

18.11.2018 - build #5

• Update kernel to 3.4.67. We are now using LK 3.4 sources! *
    • Kernel: set kernel scheduler HZ to 300 for even more smoothness
    • Kernel: switch to Dynamic CPU governor and tune it for i9300 (credits for this CPU governor goes to @mkaluza)
    • Fixed GPS
    • HWC is actually updated to the newest one**
    • Fix USB mode not to be set to charging only by default (thanks to OmniROM)
    • Add UMS USB mode***
    • Add option to disable media scaninng (not tested)
    • Add Signature Spoofing patch (not tested)
    • SELinux status spoofing (set to enforced now) ****
    • Add custom animation transition scales
    • Various fixes from AICP, OmniROM, BlissROM and other ROMs (thanks to @SergeyL for patches)

* I have been testing this kernel for a few days and hopefully fixed all the instabilities. Please report any reboots or other bugs you've found (if any).
    ** have forgot to remove an old HWC, so now we actually switched to HWC from experimental CM14.1 builds. Credit goes to @A$teroid for filtering out an unsupported RGB565 layers.
    *** this is an experimental feature I've originally implemented for Ace 2. Make sure to safely eject your phone's SD card on the host device before unplugging the cable (otherwise it may lead even to filesystem corruption)
    **** SELinux is NOT actually set to enforced mode, nor it's enabled at all, it's just a preparation for apps that may require this. You can switch it to "permissive" mode by setting a property sys.selinux_enforcing to false in build.prop:
    Code:
    sys.selinux_enforcing=false
    P.s. I haven't been noticing any freezes nor I could reproduce it, however I've had some gralloc errors. Let's see how it's going with a new HWC (though I wouldn't think that it will solve all errors)
    Known issues
    • SIM sometimes is not detected at device boot. It's never detected when phone is booted in the flight mode (after a flight mode is turned off).
    • Probably GPS could be working better (not merged @rINanDO's fixes for GPS yet)
    • Gralloc buffer release errors

13.11.2018 - build #4
    • Kernel: updates from n7100 (thanks @rINanDO)
    • Reset memory management config to S2 kernel
    • HWC: merge changes from experimental CM14.1 builds (thanks @forkbomb444)
    • Revert Mount Namespace / Magisk Hide patches
    • Revert cameraserver to a separate service

11.11.2018 - build #3
    • update source to 8.1.0_r50
    • reboots issue fix (thanks to @A$teroid for kernel patch)

9.11.2018 - build #2

• fixed Calls (needs to be confirmed!)
    • fixed SDcard issues (thanks to @A$teroid for kernel patches)
    • added Magisk hide kernel patch (thanks to @A$teroid), NOT tested
    • fixed V-Sync issues
    • another minor fixes and improvements

5.11.2018 - build #1

• initial release
    Changelog

13.12.2018 - build #8

• Fixed wifi (flashing wifi fix should be no longer needed) *
    • Fixed sensors (thanks @rINanDO for help)
    • Implemented in-kernel battery charge level LED notification
    • Added CPU hotplug support for Dynamic governor (ported from PegasusQ governor)
    • Reverted kernel timer to 200 HZ (Exynos4 default value)
    • Added exFAT file system support (not tested)
    • Fixed menu key function override (thanks @ComicoX)

* not tested. Mine S3 has semcosh radio chip, in which case flashing wifi fix was already unnecessary. Please report if wifi now works without flashing fix linked in OP.
    New build 6.02.2018 is up!

Changelog

6.02.2019 - build #15

• Fixed graphic artefacts (hopefully fixes lags during scrolling too)
    • Fixed AdvancedDisplay (mDNIe)

All credit goes to @rINanDO.
    Misc

Screenshots

Screenshot_Trebuchet_20181104-131145.png

Screenshot_Trebuchet_20181104-131149.png

Screenshot_Trebuchet_20181104-131156.png

Screenshot_Settings_20181104-131214.png

Screenshot_Settings_20181104-131208.png

WiFi Fix

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69018243&postcount=274