Official Android Pie - discussion and experience

Search This thread

Voodoojonny

Dec 17, 2015
Dortmund
No official update ways worked... tried many vpns, cleared caches and data in all variations, so I updated manually by extracting the payload.bin and flashed the partitions via fastboot. This worked great and everything is fine now.
My experiences:
1. Rom is very snappy fast and responsive - much better than oreo!
2. I finally have volte with vodafone germany - it´s the first time ims is running :)
3. I experience the distortion bug when I installed havoc - pixel experience and benzo have the same bug. Over all, gsi roms are more laggy with this new vendor and boot.
4. I havn`t experienced the distortion bug on stock pie, but that might the reason, becouse I always have 4g and volte - so I can confirm: on volte, there´s no distortion bug
5. Never had such stable 4g network
6. Installing twrp or magisk (by booting the patched_boot and installing directly via manager) both leads to "your system got destroyed" if you try to reach recovery - but magisk works flawesly
7. 4k stabilization removed
I really like that rom! It has the most important features I need. Ok in status bar I miss date, weather and battery circle with percent...
Tip: I installed the app edge gestures - it´s awesome, the best implementation of edge gestures! And after that I removed the navbar - there are many great apps for that.
Biggest loss compared to havoc: quick settings: only 3x3 layout and many tiles are missing... But havoc on the other hand was quite buggy afte a while and had no working ims!

HaN5aR

No official update ways worked... tried many vpns, cleared caches and data in all variations, so I updated manually by extracting the payload.bin and flashed the partitions via fastboot. This worked great and everything is fine now.
My experiences:
2. I finally have volte with vodafone germany - it´s the first time ims is running :)
3. I experience the distortion bug when I installed havoc - pixel experience and benzo have the same bug. Over all, gsi roms are more laggy with this new vendor and boot.
4. I havn`t experienced the distortion bug on stock pie, but that might the reason, becouse I always have 4g and volte - so I can confirm: on volte, there´s no distortion bug
6. Installing twrp or magisk (by booting the patched_boot and installing directly via manager) both leads to "your system got destroyed" if you try to reach recovery - but magisk works flawesly
I really like that rom! It has the most important features I need. Ok in status bar I miss date, weather and battery circle with percent...
Tip: I installed the app edge gestures - it´s awesome, the best implementation of edge gestures! And after that I removed the navbar - there are many great apps for that.
Biggest loss compared to havoc: quick settings: only 3x3 layout and many tiles are missing... But havoc on the other hand was quite buggy afte a while and had no working ims!
Android Pie has features more than Oreo! What's new? And give us screen shot about gestures, Please.

Brugos27

Aug 12, 2017
Hi, anyone having problems with cam, seems after updating to pie stock camera give me error, and tells me to restart, anyway after doing that or even factory reset problem will show up after a while.
If I try with any other camera app will work without problem but stock no...
anyone having this problem?

Hi, anyone having problems with cam, seems after updating to pie stock camera give me error, and tells me to restart, anyway after doing that or even factory reset problem will show up after a while.
If I try with any other camera app will work without problem but stock no...
anyone having this problem?

There are some posts about it.

You have DND on. Turn it off and the camera will work properly.

Reactions: Brugos27
Thanks man! I was afraid that something went wrong with camera, any other bug you found?
A lot of them. If locations services are ON, the wifi speed is very slow. Disable them and they go back to normal. Adaptive display is not fully working. The notification icons on the left side are taking more space. Notification is status bar icons are just hidden many times being replaced with a "•". Sometimes it vibrates like you received something but nothing is there. The alarm sometimes, even if you turn it off, it just does not end the alarm and have to reboot the phone to make it stop.

Iforgetthings

Sep 12, 2018
My experiences:

Thanks for this,

Could you elaborate on the "working ims"?

The volte and vowifi are disabled by default, but I activated volte by dialing*#*#86583#*#* on stock phone and it works afaik. However, vowifi or WiFi calling seems impossible, is it possible to activate vowifi in pie?

I ask as I am considering selling the A2 lite as I need this function.

Thanks!

Tobiaho1988

Dec 9, 2018
Hello Guys,

I was reading a lot about the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite as i have one for 3-4 days.

As i found out that Android Auto is not working properl wirh Oreo I updated via VPN method to Android Pie.
Android Auto is working very good but now i have the issue with the notifications.
Which means, after 10min of not using the Phone, the notifications are not coming to the Homescreen. Even If I Press Power Button. Nothing to see.

I already Changed somee settings:
1) battery optimization off for Apps (WhatsApp, Messenger...)
2) And allowed all unrestricted data usage of those Apps as well

Do you have any solution on this issue?

I really dont want to decide between Android Auto and notifications :)

Regards
Tobi

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ashimiyy

Mar 2, 2012
Does copying text from recent apps work. Unless that works, I'll keep using pixelExperience rom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181209-153847.jpg
    Screenshot_20181209-153847.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 295

Voodoojonny

Dec 17, 2015
Dortmund
Thanks for this,

Could you elaborate on the "working ims"?

The volte and vowifi are disabled by default, but I activated volte by dialing*#*#86583#*#* on stock phone and it works afaik. However, vowifi or WiFi calling seems impossible, is it possible to activate vowifi in pie?

I ask as I am considering selling the A2 lite as I need this function.

Thanks!
Sorry, can't say much about vowifi, becouse I never had the situation not having a network, but wifi...
I activated as you decribed... But with oreo I could activate like that and the network still didn't say "hd capable" and it switched to 3g while calling... So pie stock is the first stock rom with volte for me!

Tobiaho1988

Dec 9, 2018
Now it even got worse, i am using the Phone and No notofication from WhatsApp appears until i Open the App...

... I think i have to send it back. Unfortunately it had exactly the Features i wanted. Dual Sim additonal SD Card and also a nice price. But the bugs... It pretty sad
Hello Guys,

I was reading a lot about the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite as i have one for 3-4 days.

As i found out that Android Auto is not working properl wirh Oreo I updated via VPN method to Android Pie.
Android Auto is working very good but now i have the issue with the notifications.
Which means, after 10min of not using the Phone, the notifications are not coming to the Homescreen. Even If I Press Power Button. Nothing to see.

I already Changed somee settings:
1) battery optimization off for Apps (WhatsApp, Messenger...)
2) And allowed all unrestricted data usage of those Apps as well

Do you have any solution on this issue?

I really dont want to decide between Android Auto and notifications :)

Regards
Tobi

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Gesendet von meinem Mi A2 Lite mit Tapatalk

agamotto

Dec 20, 2010
Now it even got worse, i am using the Phone and No notofication from WhatsApp appears until i Open the App...

... I think i have to send it back. Unfortunately it had exactly the Features i wanted. Dual Sim additonal SD Card and also a nice price. But the bugs... It pretty sad

Gesendet von meinem Mi A2 Lite mit Tapatalk
Yes also had no WhatsApp notification in Pie, that's why I rolled back to Oreo.

But I want to believe final Pie will be much better!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My experiences:
    It has dark mode?
    I am on Havoc OS 2.0, but it hasnt update... Maybe I will return to stock...
    I noticed that the performance is slightly better than Oreo. The phone runs faster and there are much fewer lags!
    First I thought the battery drain got heavier, but after the second day it reached the normal drain, which we know from Oreo :)
    Also I love the new stock launcher. It's like the Pixel-Launcher with the "at a glance" feature, just as the new navigation-gestures which we also know from the Pixel-devices.
    I thought it has the dark mode, but it hasn't. You can find it in the settings but if you activate it nothing happen..
    It has a dark mode but it's very limited. When you activate it the quick settings in the notification area and some colour accents on the home screen and app list will become dark. It will not, however, change any other colours in the OS.
    Correct. I updated mine yesterday and can confirm, poor call audio distortion. That thing drives me nuts.
    The arrows on the network and wifi icons on notification is also a thing to remove, or at least give us the chance to remove it.
    Besides that, i didn't see to much cases.