Nokia 7 plus Wifi problem after November update

Search This thread

k3dar7

Apr 14, 2018
Nokia doesn't really care about us,this is sad
what you write(on screenshot) "all n7p owner have issue as you" is NOT true, i not (and write this here before) have any wifi problem, with novemberz(3.39B) or december(3.39B_SP91) updates

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

info related to previous post about mixed mode, i ofcourse not have mixed mode with less secure, but have set on router strict wpa2+aes only...

Last edited:

Pedrinno

Dec 8, 2018
It's weird cause December patches solved the problem for me..you had It before November update?

what you write(on screenshot) "all n7p owner have issue as you" is NOT true, i not (and write this here before) have any wifi problem, with novemberz(3.39B) or december(3.39B_SP91) updates

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

info related to previous post about mixed mode, i ofcourse not have mixed mode with less secure, but have set on router strict wpa2+aes only...

Glad that ur the only one that doesn't have this issues, but rest of the 99% have,enjoy ur phone!

Pedrinno

Dec 8, 2018
I DO have this problem mate. Just since November update. I thought it was disappeared with December sp but I was wrong. I am reporting this issue every single day to the Nokia official support

Me too,i am chatting every day with a new person about this and i sent screenshots with wifi behavior and all i get is "we're working on it"of they do for another faulty patch :rolleyes:

Pedrinno

Dec 8, 2018
I DO have this problem mate. Just since November update. I thought it was disappeared with December sp but I was wrong. I am reporting this issue every single day to the Nokia official support

No issue whatsoever with the WiFi here .
Do you experience this with any WiFi?

Sent from Nokia 7 Plus with Tapatalk
Yes it doesn't matter what network or where i try to connect, it's the same everywhere on both 2.4 and 5 ghz

Heisemberg_91

Oct 10, 2016
Hi guys did someone try a method a guy posted on xda to fix some Android Pie problems generically? It's about to enter in the recovery of the phone and go to the option "run a grapich test"..it looks like with this option the major update is re-installed..the official support app gave him this trick and it worked for him, so I was thinking that maybe it could work for our Wifi issues too.

Saturnin97

Dec 26, 2017
Hello yes tried the trick last night but problem is still there...Unable to connect this morning without restarting the phone....Hope a patch will be coming soon !

Hi guys did someone try a method a guy posted on xda to fix some Android Pie problems generically? It's about to enter in the recovery of the phone and go to the option "run a grapich test"..it looks like with this option the major update is re-installed..the official support app gave him this trick and it worked for him, so I was thinking that maybe it could work for our Wifi issues too.

Saturnin97

Dec 26, 2017
What nothing ?
i tried everything that was posted on XDA, Nokia forums (soft reset, clearing wifi settings, completely resetting the phone ; changing all my router wifi settings, everything i could think of, but no success...All other phones/ipads in my house are connected without any problem...so i am sure the problem is coming from my Nokia 7 plus since november patch...

what nothing? only secure router settings is WPA2 + AES, can you router be set ONLY to this security?

edit: anyway i not have problem with public routers with open/free too

Heisemberg_91

Oct 10, 2016
They gave me this trick but I dont know of it will work..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181218-092554.jpg
    Screenshot_20181218-092554.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 692

Saturnin97

Dec 26, 2017
Hello, so looking at your screen capture seems that the Nokia 6.1 is affected too ? mine is a 7 plus...
I just don't understand why we sould try hunndreds of manipulations with our routers and phones just because of a patch that screwed up the Wifi...
For me, all was working well before this damn november patch...

They gave me this trick but I dont know of it will work..

Heisemberg_91

Oct 10, 2016
Hello, so looking at your screen capture seems that the Nokia 6.1 is affected too ? mine is a 7 plus...
I just don't understand why we sould try hunndreds of manipulations with our routers and phones just because of a patch that screwed up the Wifi...

Hi, I have a 7 plus too, TA-1055.. I don't know why they gave me this option for 6.1 plus, I guess that phone could have the same problem after updating to Pie..I totally agree with you. It's a shame cause this Is a very huge and annoying bug, I hope we will have a fix soon cause it's unacceptable.

ar4all

Nov 12, 2015
Nokia 7 plus Wifi problem after December update

I got a TA 1046 Nokia 7 Plus,
This Bug still effects me. Nokia support asked me to
- reset my Network settings
- Disable Wi-Fi scanning even when Wi-Fi is off
- Disable adaptive battery (only stays disabled in Safe Mode)
- run "Perform a Graphic Test" from Recovery mode
- enter Save Mode

Nothing helps i still cannot connect to my 5GHz Wifi Network once wifi is disabled for a while (10 to 60 min display off)
Only reboot helps.

Anybody got rid of this BUG permanently ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got a new procedure from Nokia, but no solution:

Procedure #1:

1. Settings > apps & notifications > All apps > 3 dot menu > reset app preferences > reset apps.

2. Settings >> Applications and notifications >> See all applications >> 3 dots menu >show system: In the list of apps look for:

>Google Play services > tap > Storage > tap> Clear data and Clear cache
    >Play store > tap> Storage > tap> Clear data and Clear cache
    >Proxy Handler >> Storage >> Clear data and Clear cache
    >WAPI certificate>> Storage >> Clear data and Clear cache
    > wfd Service > Storage > Clear data and Clear cache
    >com.android.network settings.overlay.ct >> Storage >> Clear cache

3. Press the power button and the volume up button at the same time, release them when you feel a vibration and see "Developed by Android" on the screen.

Check if the problem has disappeared.

It works right up to the point where I had my device in flight mode, which I do every night. After flight mode it will only connect to wifi if I restart the device. So this fixes mostly nothing for me.

Hi, I have a 7 plus too, TA-1055.. I don't know why they gave me this option for 6.1 plus, I guess that phone could have the same problem after updating to Pie..I totally agree with you. It's a shame cause this Is a very huge and annoying bug, I hope we will have a fix soon cause it's unacceptable.
    Hi, is anyone having an issue with the wifi after the November patch update?
    My wifi is not picking up my home router's signal and the speed its giving me is just 350 kbps instead of the original 95 Mbps. The connection is good on other devices and so I am pretty sure this has got to do something with the update. If you find a solution help me!
    Thanks.
    Same problem here, I hope that Nokia will solve this as soon as possible, a lot of problems with the device with every update... So sad [emoji17]

Enviado desde mi Nokia 7 plus mediante Tapatalk

Sure nokia will solve the issue maybe next time when they release the December security patch which will be in January sometime till then no WiFi, really sad,i wish they be more responsive to customers and at least someone should test those patches before it reaches out to US:cyclops:
    I've logged the issue with Nokia Support via the Support app. They claim to be aware of the issue and claim their developers are working on a fix. I suggest everyone reports the issue to Nokia/HMD.