[ROM][OFFICIAL]AOSiP 10[ALPHA]

Search This thread

Syrusse

Oct 22, 2014
Hello, I'm reporting an "issue" in your ROM, tbh I don't know if it's normal as it happens on every custom ROM to some extent, let me explain, when I want to use my earphone, I always hear a hissing sound, a noise, it's really disturbing, I saw this happening on pretty much custom ROM but there's no issue on MIUI, unfortunately MIUI is ****, it seems that I can hear way less that noise when I was using DotOS and MIA2 ROM, but still, there's still that sound, I've tried to replace audio files from MIUI one's but it either didn't change antything, or either I didn't did that well so there's no change :eek:
Anyways, if want to check this issue that is driving me crazy, I've found a video where you can clearly hear what I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56eKANPWOb8 compare the sound coming from your PC with the one coming rn5 and you will understand what I'm talking about.
Thank's in advance for addressing this issue :)

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I just installed the latest version and so far so good.
Very smooth and sot looks promising.

One small bug I found is that the "clear all button" for the recents is not appearing to any of the available locations.

Mr Dev. thanks a lot and kutgw :)

You have to use older "recent view" to be able to use it :p

Reactions: Marco.v

akhilnarang

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
May 8, 2014
Pune
akhilnarang.dev
New build dated 20181225 is up!

https://t.me/AOSiP/21

Rough changelog -
Google Camera should be fine if it was not working for some
If its still not working, let me know, I'll have a fixed build up tomorrow!
Add Battery light settings to Global Settings search
Long press settings icon in QS will open OwlsNest
Added sim toggle, let me know how it works for you (worked fine in my tests)
Allow user to define different ringtones per sim

There might be a few other small changes I've missed, let me know!

yaser86100

Jun 25, 2017
New build dated 20181225 is up!

https://t.me/AOSiP/21

Rough changelog -
Google Camera should be fine if it was not working for some
If its still not working, let me know, I'll have a fixed build up tomorrow!
Add Battery light settings to Global Settings search
Long press settings icon in QS will open OwlsNest
Added sim toggle, let me know how it works for you (worked fine in my tests)
Allow user to define different ringtones per sim

There might be a few other small changes I've missed, let me know!
plz fix cast screen problem

learnerz

Sep 26, 2014
kolkata
New build dated 20181226 is up!

https://t.me/AOSiP/22

Fixed gcam issues for those would've faced it on 25th build
(99.9% it'll be fine, I couldn't test)
Increased notification icon limit to 7, 4 was too little

sir i am a big fan of your work.. thank you for adding more details in heads up menu.. it will be really helpful if you add sim disable option! this rom is just perfect ?

edit- ohh looks like you already added this on 25th dec build! gonna flash it tomorrow.. thank you sir ??

Last edited:

rahulrulz

Dec 31, 2014
If u can pls add pocket detection and remove the stock camera because it is pure waste in my opinion

dillaputri

Mar 27, 2018
Meikarta
Incase anyone with indian (global whyred should be fine) still has issues with gcam, replace /vendor/build.prop with https://transfer.sh/LfJjz/build.prop
I couldn't personally test last night's build, but this should fix all gcam crash related issues :p

Mine is global whyred, and gcam has issues. But after replacing the build.prop, the problem is fixed.

And I love the bug report feature, it will automatically upload the log to a website, so there will be no more "where's the logcat" etc etc after reporting bugs. ?

shea83

Sep 24, 2010
Thanks to the developer, fantastic rom! I have a RN5 global and with the release of 22 gcam it worked well, while with the last release of 26 I had to put the modified prop build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]

Android Open Source illusion Project

About Us :

AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.​

Latest Downloads :

Official Server | SourceForge Mirror

Credit/Thanks :

Mike Williams (Founder and Creator of AOSiP)

Google for Android and AOSP

LineageOS

ABC ROM

AquariOS

BootleggersROM

Dirty Unicorns

PixelExperience

OmniROM

CarbonROM

nathanchance

---------

Other projects whose work helped us to create this

And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

Installation Procedure :

Have an unlocked bootloader, and TWRP installed/booted

(Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)

Wipe data and cache (don't report anything bugs if you dirty flashed over another ROM)

Flash the ROM, GApps, Magisk, or any other mods (again, don't report bugs if you can't reproduce them with just ROM and GApps)

Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

Known Issues :
    • Double Tap to Wake (DT2W)
    • MiCamera ( for some users, explained in second post )

Reporting Bugs :

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • Include your firmware versions in reports.
    • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSiP for Redmi Note 5/Pro, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Contributors
    akhilnarang, akhilnarang, Xlxfoxxlx
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSIP-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
    Last Updated 2020-01-29

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSIP whyred, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Contributors
    anunaym14, akhilnarang, Xlxfoxxlx
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-01-29
    Last Updated 2020-03-15
    The latest whyred build dated 20190223 was part of an experiment we ran on users, which was a roaring success and we're more than eager to share our findings, but before, some background.

For the past couple weeks some work by a certain developer has been doing the rounds - a kernel and a ROM change regarding thermals. Every user ever swore by their merits, raving about how they were getting HOURS more screen on time and miraculously low temperatures while gaming. Alright then. Our take as maintainers was clear - it's all a sham. Said kernel was simply a messy and lacking version of what we ship already and using prebuilt thermal HALs from the stock ROM is insanity.

To prove our point, we released the build in question with some goodies - the magical kernel and the miraculous thermal mod. Except we didn't. The kernel was simply renamed to look like it and the thermal mod existed entirely in the one line on the changelog. Welcome to placebo land.

As expected, all the people who harassed us over the past weeks asking for these changes were overjoyed. People were reporting better standby and screen on time and one person in particular who was always whining about temperatures during PUBG now had a device which was SIX DEGREES COOLER! Just because we SAID something!

In conclusion, it's been an enormous pain in the ass to deal with this community, and this just drove a point home which we've felt for long. We do not appreciate being told how to do our jobs and certainly don't entertain pestering bordering on harassment, so this is the end of the road. No more builds for this device shall roll out from AOSiP developers. We're done with this community.

- AOSiP whyred maintainers
    Reserved

All sources are up on https://github.com/AOSIP-Devices

Builds marked as 'Alpha' are in-development Android 10 builds, whereas builds marked as 'Official' are source upstream of Android Pie.

The new 10 build is now EAS based. Those who know me from telegram, might know that I was always preferred HMP over EAS because of lack of proper energy model which engineers spend a lot of time fine tuning. But since CAF started development of 4.14 bases kernel for sdm660, we could get some sweet EAS goodness back-ported.

WiFi Calling ( VoWiFi ) :
    With the help of testers, it was determined that, VoWiFi works from some carriers on the latest weekly firmware, so you may want to try that.

Issue with MiCamera :
    1) Front flash always on ( I don't know any fix for that as of now)
    2) Video Recording not working (Disable Image Stabilization from settings)

For quick support, you may join my telegram chat : t.me/aosip_whyred :)
    A new build will be up in a few minutes in the usual place - https://ota.aosiprom.com (changelog is already pushed incase you wanna check)

Going to leave this thread closed for a bit though.