What firmware version on your Mate 10/Mate 10 Pro?

Search This thread

smartsichem

Jan 17, 2014
Still nothing for bla-l09c432 , i'm on 157
Changing regions doesn't work , also vpn and fake gps apps doesn't work
The only way is to waiting.
Update 158 is approved for Europe ... Lets see wich one i'll get first

vaas2000

Jan 10, 2018
Got the EMUI 9 aka pie update through Huawei Hicare app (request for update) regular mate 10 with nova launcher working fine.
Phone is snappier and speedier. No battery drain noticed so far.
I disabled wifi scanning under location/Google settings and cleared junk using phone manager. Camera has AI related features (translate/recognize objects/shopping suggestions /barcode scanner)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181225-062900.jpg
    Screenshot_20181225-062900.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 427
  • Screenshot_20181225-062840.jpg
    Screenshot_20181225-062840.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 414

Meteordust

Feb 3, 2014
Zurich
Still no update BLA-L29-C432, The Netherlands, T-mobile (Ben) network.

Also have the BLA-L29-C432, don't know for 100% sure but I think Huawei is rolling this out depending on your IMEI, if somebody knows for sure...?

Already got the update for three days now, KPN (Telfort) Netherlands, but don't think it has anything to do with your carrier, if I'm not wrong..?

Can only say I never messed with this phone, always waited for the OTA updates, they came a few days after people say there was an approval, and installed each time the full package, did also wipe cache from recovery after every update, this time from 157 to 161 it took hours before the wipe cache was visible again in the recovery screen, this after several restarts, didn't do a factory reset ever and phone is working just fine, no bugs detected yet.

About the update, don't see much difference, the camera app changed I believe, you can not slide the scenery/setting screens anymore from left or right side in the camera app, network icons (wifi,4G) moved to the left side on the top bar, this is annoying because it is harder to see if you have new email or other notifications.....and some other cosmetic differences you will like or not...….so this is not making a world of positive differences other than the 1 November Google security update and moving up to EMUI 9 & Android 9.0.0 Pie.

Be patient :rolleyes::D

Last edited:

Aspie74

Feb 14, 2016
Also have the BLA-L29-C432, don't know for 100% sure but I think Huawei is rolling this out depending on your IMEI, if somebody knows for sure...?

Already got the update for three days now, KPN (Telfort) Netherlands, but don't think it has anything to do with your carrier, if I'm not wrong..?

Can only say I never messed with this phone, always waited for the OTA updates, they came a few days after people say there was an approval, and installed each time the full package, did also wipe cache from recovery after every update, this time from 157 to 161 it took hours before the wipe cache was visible again in the recovery screen, this after several restarts, didn't do a factory reset ever and phone is working just fine, no bugs detected yet.

About the update, don't see much difference, the camera app changed I believe, you can not slide the scenery/setting screens anymore from left or right side in the camera app, network icons (wifi,4G) moved to the left side on the top bar, this is annoying because it is harder to see if you have new email or other notifications.....and some other cosmetic differences you will like or not...….so this is not making a world of positive differences other than the 1 November Google security update and moving up to EMUI 9 & Android 9.0.0 Pie.

Be patient :rolleyes::D

I will also be patient and have never messed with the phone. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I will also be patient and have never messed with the phone. Thank you.

nicogri

May 23, 2008
Compiegne
I don't think the last digits of IMEI can be of any help as it is likely the part incrementing neither like some king of batch number.

Also the IMEI is very complex number with checksum so Huawei must have some kind of mapping table for their rollout.

Anyway still waiting and it's boring because unlike previous OTA, the deployment rate seems pretty pretty slow for now !

Reactions: Civic67

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've already described this Firmware Finder DNS workaround on the German "android-hilfe" forum, maybe it is of use to some folks here as well:

- Uninstall HiSuite on your computer and delete the HiSuite app on your phone (under "apps"), restart both devices
    - Install this, and only this version on you computer: HiSuite 5.0.2.300
    - Download Firmware Finder on your phone an check for updates that are approved (only these will work). For some reason I only got the smaller OTAs to work and not the full versions but that shouldn't be a problem since a normal OTA has the same file size. For BLA-L29C432 this is at the moment 148 (156372) from July 25th, around 550MB. Go to "get an update through DNS" and select "manually" - make sure you are connected to the same network as your computer, write down the DNS and tap "register update"
    - On your computer: Go to your network connections and put that DNS as your primary IPv4 DNS, you possibly have to deactivate IPv6 too (e.g. in windows go to Control Panel / Network and Internet / Network Connections - Properties of that primary Connection you use / remove check at IPv6 / Properties of IPv4 and then change from Auto DNS to the one from Firmware Finder
    - Connect the phone to your computer and start HiSuite. Put the connection type of the phone to "data" and not to "charging only". Activate USB debugging mode in developer options and wait for the HiSuite app to automatically install on your phone. Be careful not to accept the update request of the HiSuite app on your computer. The app wants to upgrade itself to a newer version. This has nothing to do with the update of the phone. If you accidentally accept the update you have to start over the whole process
    - Once the connection is established click on "update" inside the HiSuite app on your computer and now the update should start downloading. Ignore the version HiSuite gives you for the update - it's usually faulty. The only thing (and very important!) that matters is what Firmware Finder says once you check for approval ("approved for XXX"). Wait for the update to complete and your phone to restart and then unplug the phone. Don't forget to put all the DNS settings on your network connection back to "auto" and default again
    - This process can be repeated for every approved OTA. Only updates, no downgrades work! Tested so far on BLA-L29C432: Upgrade from 142-145 and 145 to 148 and working properly.

Addendum by @amigoloco

"It is working, but I needed to do one more thing: The windows app weren't able to connect to the phone, so I installed the corresponding app on the phone by myself here is the link https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/huawei...-apk-download/ and the magic was done ( first .145, then .148) ."
    Hello Mate 10/10 Pro users.
    Could you able to post which OFFICIAL firmware version on yr mobile.
    This help to keep track on official Huawei OTA is rolling out worldwide.

Mine is BLA-L29 9.0.0.200 (C636)

Thank you.

************ Firmware version ************
    Firmware finder site for your reference:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FunkyHuawei/
    http://pro-teammt.ru/firmware-database/?firmware_model=BLA-L29&firmware_page=0
    This is a thread to discuss firmware releases, ways to update and anticipate possible changes across releases.. It is too liberally being used as a complaints thread. PM each other to have these disputes, write Huawei or start a new group. Stop posting your off topic complaints here..
    I could ask you the same thing: do you really need that update so badly? Cant you really live a few more weeks without it? How did you lived without face unlock so many months since you bought the phone without this feature? Instead of enjoying the phone's increadibly good camera, the good sound with a good pair of headphone and everything this phone has, you guys are worried about updates.

I can live without it. I'm more pissed at Android 8.1 not being released. But for a flagship phone Huawei should adhere to a higher standard of delivering updates.

When you have Huawei phones that cost much less and receive features and updates much earlier than their top phone, of course people will be upset.
    Just received EMUI 9.1 via normal OTA in Germany BLA-L29 (former C432 but Cust have been removed so doesnt matter anymore.)

First impression:
    • kind of stuttery but after cleaning cache and rebooting couple of times it becomes very smooth.
    • finally 3rd party notifications on aod
    • battery also very good just like before
    • gesture multitasking is much smoother
    • icons are rounded square and i could not get them to be round again yet. old icon pack doesnt work properly

All in all solid update, a lot of small refined things. slight redesign consistently throughout UI, everything a little more refined. I think I can live with that until Android Q comes along in autumn