Bounty for Xposed on Pie

Search This thread

knaik95

Jul 5, 2017
I'm putting up a $1000 bounty right now for Xposed on Pie (have a Pixel 3) in the next 2 months.
If someone knows where I can deposit that in escrow, let me know. Otherwise it's here and sitting to be grabbed.

Don't know if it will help but it's a carrot on a stick to start :)

Awesome, I'm adding another 25 dollars

I'm broke so I can't donate all that much but for those that can, here's the official Xposed donation link. Hopefully it's okay with @rovo89 for me to post this.

buddy66

Jun 14, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You know that the code for Xposed for Oreo has not been published right? Bounty is not going to change anything because no one will write Xposed for Pie from scratch. Nobody except rovo89 can do something about it unless he publishes the source code. It would be better to contact him, check if he is still on it and then donate to him directly.

Reactions: X1011 and Robert342

HyperCriSiS

Nov 23, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S7
ASUS ZenFone 8
You know that the code for Xposed for Oreo has not been published right? Bounty is not going to change anything because no one will write Xposed for Pie from scratch. Nobody except rovo89 can do something about it unless he publishes the source code. It would be better to contact him, check if he is still on it and then donate to him directly.

He does not have the time. He that that money is not the issue. Better would be if he releases the code.

Reactions: X1011

RusherDude

Aug 24, 2012
He does not have the time. He that that money is not the issue. Better would be if he releases the code.

He won't release the code, because the last time he did (for M), romracer and others built a half-assed version for N (which HELPED port all modules to N before the official release). He wants total control and this is not only meaning that Xposed is dead unless he returns full motivated, it also means that the latest releases sources are not available and who knows if rovo sold the mod to some malware deliver company (I believe and hope not, but this is just an scenario), which could use xposed as a malware rootkit (it has potential).

I mean, in the end, rovo has no time/motivation for this project and doesn't want to share it, so we're better off asuming it is dead forever.

Reactions: Neejay

Pupet_Master

Nov 10, 2014
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
He won't release the code, because the last time he did (for M), romracer and others built a half-assed version for N (which HELPED port all modules to N before the official release). He wants total control and this is not only meaning that Xposed is dead unless he returns full motivated, it also means that the latest releases sources are not available and who knows if rovo sold the mod to some malware deliver company (I believe and hope not, but this is just an scenario), which could use xposed as a malware rootkit (it has potential).

I mean, in the end, rovo has no time/motivation for this project and doesn't want to share it, so we're better off asuming it is dead forever.
All i know is that most moved on already. The only module i miss on my main phone is Kmod

Reactions: RusherDude

littlejonny17

Jun 19, 2013
Porto
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
@Pupet_Master is right imo! Only the "hardest" of the harcore users of android still want xposed.
People learned to live without it and the reality is that devs are losing interest in mantaining support for the "nevercoming" updates.
Dont get me wrong, I think that xposed gave kitkat, lollipop and marshmallow a much richer experience and performance, but after nougat, android itself started to implement thoose missing features so xposed started to be pointless, at least for me.

Reactions: Pupet_Master

HyperCriSiS

Nov 23, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S7
ASUS ZenFone 8
@Pupet_Master is right imo! Only the "hardest" of the harcore users of android still want xposed.
People learned to live without it and the reality is that devs are losing interest in mantaining support for the "nevercoming" updates.
Dont get me wrong, I think that xposed gave kitkat, lollipop and marshmallow a much richer experience and performance, but after nougat, android itself started to implement thoose missing features so xposed started to be pointless, at least for me.
It is not about features. I could do without every module except xprivacylua. I won't ever use Android without it. We clould try to gather a huge bounty to get somebody create something from scratch.
I would also donate at least 150$.

Last edited:

littlejonny17

Jun 19, 2013
Porto
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
It is not about features. I could do without every module except xprivacylua. I won't ever use Android without it. We clould try to gather a huge bounty to get somebody create something from scratch.

I guess you do not have confidence in the apps that you have installed on your phone :D but yeah, maybe that's the most valid excuse for using xposed.

Pupet_Master

Nov 10, 2014
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB

Sorry but i don't get the logic of that.
First, bounty will mean nothing if the modules devs already moved on. 2nd let's face it, bounty also means nothing of no one is in touch with the only person that can make it happen, Rovo.

Also, custom ROMs do almost everything that Xposed used to do now days. Not to mention that Xposed isn't perfect. It allow modules to expand the framework of android, how ever, it bog down the performance.

There is an app called Wakeblock that do everything that an Xposed module would do but is stand alone. I see the old devs from Xposed modules moving on to this sort of thing.

I still, to be honest, don't get the logic of need Xposed and never use android without it if you literary miss no module from it except one that any LOS ROM based already do by default.

Uraniam9

Aug 18, 2018
soundsoftlab.com
Any news on Xposed Pie, I'm missing great modules like exi, edge etc. I think I should downgrade to oreo

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

chrisf8657

Aug 10, 2008
Glendale, AZ
I'm not going to donate that money as one poster posted, it's a bounty. Gets paid when someone does the job and claims it , but according to much more knowledgeable posters no source is available.

The only thing I miss is the gravity box tweaks. I'm rooted so any alternatives?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SnowFuhrer

Mihara

Nov 30, 2011
Moscow
There is one thing that is impossible with Magisk, to the best of my knowledge, that is critical for me: Setting device locale (language) on a per-app basis. No, changing it before launching and then switching back on close is not an option. No, setting multiple locales does nothing useful, pretty much no apps use this feature, and especially the ones I need it for do not.

And no, custom roms can't do that either, and Google has been ignoring numerous requests to do that for a decade, because they discriminate against multilingual people, since multilingual people are not a nationality, which apparently makes it okay.

Reactions: RusherDude

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm putting up a $1000 bounty right now for Xposed on Pie (have a Pixel 3) in the next 2 months.
    If someone knows where I can deposit that in escrow, let me know. Otherwise it's here and sitting to be grabbed.

Don't know if it will help but it's a carrot on a stick to start :)
    Awesome, I'm adding another 25 dollars
    I'm not going to donate that money as one poster posted, it's a bounty. Gets paid when someone does the job and claims it , but according to much more knowledgeable posters no source is available.

The only thing I miss is the gravity box tweaks. I'm rooted so any alternatives?
    Have you?

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 using XDA Labs