Fix battery drain mobile standby

Search This thread

gatsuu

Apr 9, 2013
Naples
www.shoppatoriseriali.eu
A troublesome bug that causes the drain (discharge at high speed of the battery) of the MI8 is caused by the voice Mobile standby, in fact if you go in the battery settings, you will notice a high% of consumption of the item in question.
This is caused because, by default in the Xiaomi rom (China or global) is also the search for frequencies also Chinese, this involves an intensive use of the network module that continues in a way to find these Chinese frequencies, which of course in our country , just as all EU countries do not exist, leading to greater use of autonomy.

Xiaomi is already aware of the problem and will certainly be resolved, when it is not known.
In the meantime, you can solve the problem by yourself, as follows:

Enter the following USSD code *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer.
Set the LTE / WCDMA mode to both SIMs

In this way, only the European frequencies will be used, eliminating the battery drain.

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com
Come on.. this is not s solution. We have spent a considerable amount of money to buy this beautiful phone. But Xiaomi releases updates with no sufficient testing prior launch and this is actually annoying.
I agree with you, I really do.
But even if you searched about the device you want to buy even for months before getting it you'll see there is absolutely no device existing without at least 2-3 issues out there.
Even pixels which are what android is and more than that, have problems.
You either bear with it, or stop using smartphones.
And the second option is not a viable choice for me.

P. S. Got a poco before the Mi 8 and refunded it because of the touch lag, I know that Xiaomi doesn't test enough, be it software or hardware.

DV1973

Nov 10, 2017
I agree with you, I really do.
But even if you searched about the device you want to buy even for months before getting it you'll see there is absolutely no device existing without at least 2-3 issues out there.
Even pixels which are what android is and more than that, have problems.
You either bear with it, or stop using smartphones.
And the second option is not a viable choice for me.

P. S. Got a poco before the Mi 8 and refunded it because of the touch lag, I know that Xiaomi doesn't test enough, be it software or hardware.
I really respect what you say and most likely you are right but what now? You see I am using the phone professionally and battery is crucial for me.

trahzebuck

Jan 1, 2011
Valkenvania
Thanks for the advice. There is battery drain with V10.1.2.0. Cell standby. BTW, you can reach the menu by repeatedly tapping on "Internal Storage" in the "My device" settings. There are some "secret" links in settings. :)

Reactions: duke0102

Stoffl_

Jan 18, 2007
I ran a little test today to find out if other devices handle it better and it does appear to be so. Mido battery drain with LTE/WCDMA and LTE/TD-SCDMA/UMTS was exactly the same.

l8JoByS.png8

But the cell signal history wasn't...

Redmi Note 4X, Xiaomi.eu 9.5, 70km Highway drive with Waze and internet music stream running, fixed display brightness. Same route in both tests, just opposite directions - hence me flipping 2nd signal history in the following screenshot:

YvaxV3k.png

I ran a similiar test on my MI 8 a week ago and there were massive differences in battery drain and signal history...like I said I think MI 8 has a baseband issue that somehow can get amplified by the MIUI default network mode setting.

lev04

May 11, 2011
well i seen someone said that global beta 8.12.20 it is way better.anyone tried it around here?i was thinking of trying it myself actually...i think i'll do and came back with some feedback.

Stoffl_

Jan 18, 2007
idk I've been on global beta since 10.0.3.0 global stable release and I've had all of these issues. It's possible that android 9 adaptive battery feature in beta 8.12.20 helps a bit.

Make sure non interactive scenes are disabled in settings \ battery \ scenes

Last edited:
Reactions: XperiAngelRB

cattani22

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem, my drain was 40% in 8 h in standby mode. I flash my phone to miui 9 and then i update to miui 10 - 10.3.3 global, then i clean al my programs and i don't update sistem apps from Xiaomi. At last i turn off my phone and i charge up to 100%. Now my drain battery per night is 5-6% and last almost 2 days?. Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A troublesome bug that causes the drain (discharge at high speed of the battery) of the MI8 is caused by the voice Mobile standby, in fact if you go in the battery settings, you will notice a high% of consumption of the item in question.
    This is caused because, by default in the Xiaomi rom (China or global) is also the search for frequencies also Chinese, this involves an intensive use of the network module that continues in a way to find these Chinese frequencies, which of course in our country , just as all EU countries do not exist, leading to greater use of autonomy.

Xiaomi is already aware of the problem and will certainly be resolved, when it is not known.
    In the meantime, you can solve the problem by yourself, as follows:

Enter the following USSD code *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer.
    Set the LTE / WCDMA mode to both SIMs

In this way, only the European frequencies will be used, eliminating the battery drain.
    I ran a little test today to find out if other devices handle it better and it does appear to be so. Mido battery drain with LTE/WCDMA and LTE/TD-SCDMA/UMTS was exactly the same.

l8JoByS.png8

But the cell signal history wasn't...

Redmi Note 4X, Xiaomi.eu 9.5, 70km Highway drive with Waze and internet music stream running, fixed display brightness. Same route in both tests, just opposite directions - hence me flipping 2nd signal history in the following screenshot:

YvaxV3k.png

I ran a similiar test on my MI 8 a week ago and there were massive differences in battery drain and signal history...like I said I think MI 8 has a baseband issue that somehow can get amplified by the MIUI default network mode setting.
    On miui perfhaps yes.
    I'm on Syberia and it stayed like that.
    Well, not a big hassle, I mean I reboot my phone once a week.
    Come on.. this is not s solution. We have spent a considerable amount of money to buy this beautiful phone. But Xiaomi releases updates with no sufficient testing prior launch and this is actually annoying.
    Done, let's see now.
    Thanks for the info

When you reboot the phone it returns to the old settings!