[MOD][ROOT] Enable all lockscreen weather effects

Search This thread

pittvandewitt

Mar 11, 2012
's-Hertogenbosch
Hi folks,

I've seen on the forums that people are modding their LGKeyguardEffect.apk to be able to get more weather effects on their lockscreen for years. Yesterday I tried the same thing and after looking around in the decompiled app, I discovered that this app is actually reading a boolean from build.prop to determine if the extra effects should be enabled or not. The effects that will be unlocked are sunny and cloudy.
Instead of hacky smali edits and breaking the app signature, you can just add "ro.product.brand_dsny=true" to build.prop and reboot. If you updated to Android 9, the line must be "ro.product.lge.brand_dsny=true" because LG changed that for some reason. In case you're wondering: dsny stands for Disney, yes.
Don't forget to enable the feature under Settings - Lock screen & security - Customize Lock screen - Weather animation

This mod is confirmed to work on:

• LG G7: Android 8.0
  • LG G6: Android 7.0
  • LG G4: Android 7.0
  • LG V30: Android 8.0
  • LG V20: Android 7.0, Android 8.0
  • LG V10: Android 7.0

I expect it to work on more LG roms with LGKeyguardEffect version 1.0.02

A very simple Magisk module can be found in the attachments that does the work for you
Feel free to share this thread url to spread awareness!

Attachments

• AllWeatherEffects.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,764
  • photo_2018-12-30_18-03-51.jpg
    photo_2018-12-30_18-03-51.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 4,202
Last edited:

karkand

Jan 31, 2012
Jakarta
confirmed working on my LG V20 H990DS running Android Nougat

confirmed working on my LG V20 H990DS running Android Nougat (7.0) (H990ds10k_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0117) rooted with Magisk 18.0.
Making changes with build.prop with Build.Prop Editor from Play Store but nothing has changed. Then I just flashed the zip module with Magisk and voila, it is working good without any hassle.
Thank you. I love this kind of lockscreen weather animation, just like my old HTC Sensation on a few years back.

V20 h990ds
Is it dangerous?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-03-12-23-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-01-03-12-23-49.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,378
Reactions: pittvandewitt

drsaidalavi

Jul 1, 2012
Is there a way it to work on Samsung

Is there a way to work this mod on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 rooted.
Or anybody knows a mod for animated weather to appear on lock screen of Galaxy note 8
Thanking You
drsaidalavi

bel57

Dec 26, 2009
???
www.gamergen.com
The more you know! :cowboy:
I never had to mess up with LGKeyguardEffect on my G4 H815. Guess devs enable this tweak on all custom ROMS? I do have the v1.0.02 weather effects app.

pittvandewitt

Mar 11, 2012
's-Hertogenbosch
The more you know! :cowboy:
I never had to mess up with LGKeyguardEffect on my G4 H815. Guess devs enable this tweak on all custom ROMS? I do have the v1.0.02 weather effects app.

Woah I didn't expect it to work even on that device, great news!
Is your device running Marshmallow or Nougat?
And AFAIK this tweak is a first. I know a dev has included it in his magisk module after I posted about it, but that's all

Aros122

Oct 29, 2017
Kraśnik
On G6 h870 oreo module and editing build.prop do not work, causes bootlop. Guess there has to be other way to made it done :confused:
Edit:
If someone want to know: I copied lgkeyguardeffect.apk from fulmics and paste it over an original file, reboot and it works :D
(file in attachment)
sorry if my english is bad :D

Attachments

• LGKeyguardEffect.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Aros122

Oct 29, 2017
Kraśnik
Can you drop your LGKeyguardEffect.apk? I'll take a look. There is a possibility some other app uses this tweak too and causes the bootloop. A logcat may help to determine the issue. I'm just curious what the cause is. Not promising a solution
Thanks, but I found a soluion myself :D
I have added apk

Attachments

• LGKeyguardEffect(oreo).apk
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Aros122

Oct 29, 2017
Kraśnik
I have to try something else, it only unlocked cloudy effect
edit:
okey, magisk module is working, it was issue on my side - when I installed rom from zip, all the time when I update magisk modules I have to install bootloader&modem zip (I do not know why) or it falls in a bootloop.

Now it is WORKING with original LGKeyguardEffect.apk! :D
So I can confirm it works on LG G6 h870.

Last edited:

bel57

Dec 26, 2009
???
www.gamergen.com
Woah I didn't expect it to work even on that device, great news!
Is your device running Marshmallow or Nougat?

Running Nougat (H-ROM port v2.2). But I already had full effects unlocked on Marshmallow with Genesys custom ROM. As I said, never tweaked on that part, must be a move from the devs that integrated a custom LGKeyguardEffect then :D

Added APK.

Attachments

• com.lge.effect_1.0.02.apk
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:

terirem

Jul 4, 2014
Adding
Code:
ro.product.brand_dsny=true
to build.prop works, ro.build.brand_dsny=true does not.

Edit: LG G7 Oreo stock.

Reactions: krefo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

I've seen on the forums that people are modding their LGKeyguardEffect.apk to be able to get more weather effects on their lockscreen for years. Yesterday I tried the same thing and after looking around in the decompiled app, I discovered that this app is actually reading a boolean from build.prop to determine if the extra effects should be enabled or not. The effects that will be unlocked are sunny and cloudy.
    Instead of hacky smali edits and breaking the app signature, you can just add "ro.product.brand_dsny=true" to build.prop and reboot. If you updated to Android 9, the line must be "ro.product.lge.brand_dsny=true" because LG changed that for some reason. In case you're wondering: dsny stands for Disney, yes.
    Don't forget to enable the feature under Settings - Lock screen & security - Customize Lock screen - Weather animation

This mod is confirmed to work on:

• LG G7: Android 8.0
    • LG G6: Android 7.0
    • LG G4: Android 7.0
    • LG V30: Android 8.0
    • LG V20: Android 7.0, Android 8.0
    • LG V10: Android 7.0

I expect it to work on more LG roms with LGKeyguardEffect version 1.0.02

A very simple Magisk module can be found in the attachments that does the work for you
    Feel free to share this thread url to spread awareness!
    V20 h990ds
    Is it dangerous?
    How to know that I have that LGkeyguard version
    You can search for com.lge.effect in your installed apps list in settings

V20 h990ds
    Is it dangerous?
    If the value is read, the mod will work. Else it will just get ignored
    confirmed working on my LG V20 H990DS running Android Nougat

confirmed working on my LG V20 H990DS running Android Nougat (7.0) (H990ds10k_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0117) rooted with Magisk 18.0.
    Making changes with build.prop with Build.Prop Editor from Play Store but nothing has changed. Then I just flashed the zip module with Magisk and voila, it is working good without any hassle.
    Thank you. I love this kind of lockscreen weather animation, just like my old HTC Sensation on a few years back.

V20 h990ds
    Is it dangerous?
    Adding
    Code:
    ro.product.brand_dsny=true
    to build.prop works, ro.build.brand_dsny=true does not.

Edit: LG G7 Oreo stock.