[ROM] ► [9.0.0_r42] ► [shamu] ► Nitrogen OS Pie ► Substratum ► (06.June.2019)

Search This thread

esysfound

Oct 21, 2017
Bugs R Us

I'm noticing significant bugs. I'd be happy to report them to you in the hopes of improving the ROm. For instance, I just did a full wipe and re-flash of the ROM + gapps opengapps (12/29 mini build) and magisk 18.0. The Initial setup (where you select to go with wifi or mobile data for setup), then it checks for updates, keeps restarting itself. This happened both times I flashed the rom. I would really really hate to go back to lineage OS on Oreo, but I'm afraid these issues make the device a bit unusable. I'll be glad to work with you to resolve such bugs though :)

As I (and others it seems) said, these are not "bugs"; they have something to do with your setup and installation. Impossible to know but it is possible you are not fully un-encrypted when you start all this. Make sure that is the case-you need not just a wipe, but a full reformat as was discussed when Nitin first released the Pie build. Then do just a barebones install (ROM & opengapps, maybe nano version). Let it settle, give it plenty of time, may need a few restarts, don't interrupt while waiting. Don't mess with Magisk til you observe what is going on - you can always put it on later once things are stable. If that does not work, go back to Oreo and watch how it behaves for a few days (I would not be surprised if you have problems). And be sure you have latest TWRP installed-not clear from your comments exactly how you are reformatting, flashing etc using TWRP or ADB, etc. (I have been doing dirty flashes via TWRP with no problems after the initial release back in Sept). There are too many variables at play to really advise, based merely upon your somewhat sketchy, somewhat frenzied description of what you are doing.

If you slow down, do it right, there should be no problems. Plenty of us have done exactly this, with the expected result. Otherwise take it to a repair shop. No further comments from me on this. Good luck.

@dahawthorne - Cheers, and I love your motto.

Last edited:

p5wdh

Dec 19, 2012
Im having issues with the battery.. Theres always 10 to 15% differences from normal mode and recovery.. If in normal mode theres still 45% but when I boot in recovery only 30% left.. I think the battery percentage in the recovery is more accurate than normal mode... What do you think is the problem?

mahir555

Nov 20, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
Nexus 6
Guys about battery issues ..

THESE SITUATIONS ARE 99% DUE TO A FAILING BATTERY

* phone shutting off suddenly (instant black screen) or normally at 40-30-20-10%
* battery running down quickly in a stable rom
* phone shutting off when a heavy app lunched such as snapchat or camera.
* battery reading gets suddenly low after a restart.
* different battery readings between phone and twrp.
* sometimes the phone became laggy on low battery .

Solution : You need to get a new one .

This is from my experience with my shamu .

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018
Signature spoofing? (MicroG support)

Hi, does this ROM support signature spoofing?

I'd like to move to a v9 ROM but I need to be able to use MicroG and that requires signature spoofing.

Thanks!

Last edited:

p5wdh

Dec 19, 2012
Guys about battery issues ..

THESE SITUATIONS ARE 99% DUE TO A FAILING BATTERY

* phone shutting off suddenly (instant black screen) or normally at 40-30-20-10%
* battery running down quickly in a stable rom
* phone shutting off when a heavy app lunched such as snapchat or camera.
* battery reading gets suddenly low after a restart.
* different battery readings between phone and twrp.
* sometimes the phone became laggy on low battery .

Solution : You need to get a new one .

This is from my experience with my shamu .

Where can we buy quality battery for moto nexus 6? and also the speaker issue lowering volume is also from the battery?

Last edited:

mahir555

Nov 20, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
Nexus 6
Where can we buy quality battery for moto nexus 6? and also the speaker issue lowering volume is also from the battery?

Well there is a lot of different views about a good battery for shamu ..
Am willing to get a one which described on page 1051 of this thread .. An akku polarcell one .. You have to try ..

About the speaker issue.. No it is not related to a failing battery . It is a known bug in all oreo and pie roms which no one could fix .

Reactions: p5wdh

piperthedj

Sep 1, 2009
Illinois
OnePlus 7 Pro

I replaced the battery from Amazon. If you search, I posted a review here. It's done well for my device. Getting plenty of life every day.

The speaker problem has work around with varying results with installation of Viper 4 Android. In my case, I had a positive outcome using V4A.

Hail to the Dev's
Cheers

p5wdh

Dec 19, 2012
I replaced the battery from Amazon. If you search, I posted a review here. It's done well for my device. Getting plenty of life every day.

The speaker problem has work around with varying results with installation of Viper 4 Android. In my case, I had a positive outcome using V4A.

Hail to the Dev's
Cheers
Which one did you download? xhifi or fx? and what settings if you don't mind? My problem with speaker always lowering the volume even when the battery is 80%...

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Well there is a lot of different views about a good battery for shamu ..
Am willing to get a one which described on page 1051 of this thread .. An akku polarcell one .. You have to try ..

About the speaker issue.. No it is not related to a failing battery . It is a known bug in all oreo and pie roms which no one could fix .

Update:
I think this will help some of you who have battery issue like mine...

I had a similar issue. This helped:

1. Power off your phone.
2. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons. This will put the phone in fastboot.
3. Use the Volume buttons to scroll through the menu until you see "Bootloader logs"
4. Press and hold the power key for a long time (7+ seconds) until the phone reboots.

Got it from another thread but it works for me

How can I see all notification icons in the status bar instead of white circle?

Reactions: tichyline

dtien

Dec 15, 2011
I can not establish vpn connection to work using the phone as hotspot with my work laptop and Cisco vpn client. I have confirmed that vpn is working. Prior to switching to nexus 6 with this ROM, I was able to vpn to work using samsung note 4. Is there any settings that I need to do on this ROM. Your input are much appreciated.

Thanks!

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Add One Hand mode in next bild!
No feature requests please...

I can not establish vpn connection to work using the phone as hotspot with my work laptop and Cisco vpn client. I have confirmed that vpn is working. Prior to switching to nexus 6 with this ROM, I was able to vpn to work using samsung note 4. Is there any settings that I need to do on this ROM. Your input are much appreciated.

Thanks!
There isn't any setting for that afaik. Flash stock ROM on shamu and check if it works.

Nitin

Reactions: dtien

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nexus 6

Thanks!
Why not run the Cisco client on the laptop?

Top Liked Posts