Mar 25, 2018
New version of GCam 6.1.021 is out!

Changelog:
- Added option to change Resampling Method
- Added more denoise settings
- Now, if you change a couple of other settings, it auto reboots

Based on Tolyan-Arnova 1.3d

https://mega.nz/#!8vomTQqY!wT1N6-ZYPLxj-9X-UlLyXo3luie1gEYbxIXTVc6e_og

If compared to my previous version, there aren't manual focus, manual ISO and a couple of other things.

Last edited:

ponkz

Feb 11, 2012

Changelog:

If compared to my previous version, there aren't manual focus, manual ISO and a couple of other things.
Hey bro, never had a serious problem with ur build before
But now im having green tint with potrait mode.. what to do?

dsjd

Apr 21, 2013

radz_

Feb 23, 2013

Changelog:

Its not taking pictures. I tried reinstalling it but its still the same.
Intalled, magisk module 3.0, xml file from Arnova already applied but still doesn't work. Did I miss something?

Op5t device

Urnyx05

Mar 25, 2018
Intalled, magisk module 3.0, xml file from Arnova already applied but still doesn't work. Did I miss something?

Op5t device
Clear app data

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Are the settings pre set?
Nope, I decided not to apply them anymore because now there are xml files for settings

radz_

Feb 23, 2013
@Urnyx05

Clear app data

I did this but still doesn't work. Uninstalled reinstalled, same issue. No other mods in my device.

seniug

Jan 27, 2018

Op5t device
Sounds crazy but I was using π kernel in my op5 and that was the reason why I had the same issue. Changed to franco kernel and now gcam is working as always

amitporedi007

Jun 5, 2009
Can't take photos with latest urnyx
Capture button is greyed out
Tried clearing cache and data followed by reinstalling without any gain.

EmirSc

Sep 29, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
google-camera-small.png

Google Camera Mod for OnePlus 5/5T: Current Status Summary

1. Camera HAL Confusion

a. Camera HAL Basics

First, let's understand what a camera HAL is. A camera HAL is what allows a ROM to "talk to" the camera hardware; without it, the camera would be non-functional. Think of the camera HAL as the steering wheel and pedals of a car. The steering wheel/pedals allow for control of the internal components of the vehicle by providing an external interface for the driver (the ROM) to make use of the internal components.

At present, the source code of the camera HAL included in OxygenOS has not been released by OnePlus. Instead, OnePlus has compiled that source code and shipped it on the OnePlus 5/5T as a BLOB (Binary Large OBject). This has been a major setback for custom ROM developers because having access to the camera HAL source would make porting the stock OnePlus Camera to a custom ROM a much easier endeavour.

b. Camera HAL, Google Camera Mod and Root Requirements

The latest releases of the mod require you to be rooted (as you mandatorily need to install the camera lib fix, which contains a modified camera HAL compatible with the latest releases) or the pictures that you click will come out with pink/purple tint on them/camera might not work at all. So if you're rooted, then you're good to go. However, if you're unrooted (and prefer staying that way), then you can still use an older version of the mod (linked in point 4 of this post) which works fine (with a few minor issues, of course). The following sub-point (point c.) covers what you need to install if you're rooted for the mod to work fine (you can skip this entirely if you're unrooted).

c. Mandatory Installations (If Rooted)

To make sure that you don't face any issues while using the latest version of the mod, you need to install the camera lib fix that has been released by @Arnova8G2 and @defcomg a.k.a Savitar. This fix replaces the existing camera libraries with modified ones which fix the dot pattern overlay, front camera HDR as well as portrait mode while using the latest version of the mod. You can download this fix from the link below:
Additionally, there is one more zip that has been released by @defcomg a.k.a Savitar. It is the Pixel 2 colours zip. This zip enables Pixel 2 colours and fixes abf as well as previews. However, do note that this zip is purely optional and is not mandatorily needed for the latest version of the mod to work. Using this zip is your own choice and personal preference, and not using it will not break the latest version of the mod. You can download this zip from the link below:
More details and mirrors of the above are present here.

2. Feature List
  • Back Camera
  • Front Camera
  • Panorama
  • Photosphere
  • Lens Blur
  • Portrait Mode
  • Motion Photos
  • AR Stickers
  • Photobooth
  • Motion Tracking Autofocus
  • Super Res Zoom
  • Night Sight
  • Top Shot
  • Live Google Lens Suggestions
Check next section for known bugs with these features and workarounds available for them, if any

3. Known Bugs and Workarounds

[Unrooted Only] Dotted Pattern Overlay
  • Issue - A dotted pattern overlay is visible in the HDR+ pictures (when completely zoomed in)
  • Resolution - You have to root, install the mandatory fixes mentioned in point 1, sub-point c and then install the recommended version for rooted users from point 4
[Unrooted Only] Front Camera HDR+/Portrait Mode Non Operational/Captures Distorted Pink/Purple Lines
  • Issue - Front camera captures distorted pink/purple lines while using HDR+ or Portrait Mode
  • Resolution - You have to root, install the mandatory fixes mentioned in point 1, sub-point c and then install the recommended version for rooted users from point 4
[Rooted Only] Front Camera Pictures Restricted to 4.0 Megapixels
  • Issue - HDR+ pictures that are clicked with the front camera are restricted to 4.0 megapixels, even though the maximum resolution of 16.0 megapixels is selected for the front camera under settings
  • Resolution - None available yet; details of why this is the case are mentioned in this post
[Both] Slow Motion Video Recording Non Operational
  • Issue - Slow-motion video recording crashes the camera/doesn't work/is very zoomed in while recording
  • Resolution - None available yet
[Both] Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) Non Operational
  • Issue - Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) doesn't work
[Both] 60 FPS Videos are Zoomed In
  • Issue - Videos recorded in 60 FPS are zoomed in
  • Resolution - Disable video stabilization in settings
[Rooted Only] Motion Photos Non Operational in HDR+ Enhanced Mode
  • Issue - Motion Photos can't be captured with HDR+ enhanced
  • Resolution - None available yet; Motion Photos can only be captured in the HDR+ off or HDR+ on modes
[Unrooted Only] Motion Photos Non Operational
  • Issue - Motion Photos don't work out-of-the-box
  • Resolution - Use the following settings from this post for Motion Photos to work
[Both] Camera Library Fix (Dot Fix) and/or Pixel 2 Colours Magisk Modules Don't Work with Ainur/Sauron Audio Mod
  • Issue - Ainur/Sauron audio mod interferes with the camera library fix (a.k.a. dot fix) and/or Pixel 2 colours Magisk Modules due to which they don't work as intended
  • Resolution - Use the latest beta version from their telegram group; also try setting SELinux to permissive using Magisk SELinux Manager
[Both] Viewfinder is laggy on all versions of the mod
  • Issue - While using any version of the Google Camera app, viewfinder seems laggy (especially in video recording mode)
  • Resolution - The lag is stock kernel related, switch to a custom kernel (recommended is RenderZenith for OxygenOS)
More troubleshooting tips and tricks are present here and here

4. Recommended Download

a. Unrooted Users
b. Rooted Users
  • Direct Download Link: Urnyx05-v6.2
  • Changelog: Post Link
  • Suggested Settings: Default
  • Mandatory Fixes: Links to download are in point 1, sub-point c above.
5. Important Notes and Links

a. Important Notes
  • Everytime you change a settings, make sure you force-close and swipe it away from recents, and then restart the app so that the new settings are applied correctly.
b. Links
  • Complete list of all Google Camera Mod ports: Link
  • Capturing a logcat if you're facing a crash when opening/using the Google Camera Mod: Link
  • Useful files and tools: Link
  • Photo comparison samples: Link
6. Post Update Information and Credits

a. Post Update Information

Last Updated: 17th December, 2018

b. Credits
  • @B-S-G, for doing the initial port and bring us Google Camera's HDR+ to multiple devices
  • @Arnova8G2, for all the work he's done and still continues to do to bring us these ports
  • @defcomg, for the front camera Portrait Mode fix
  • @S4turno, for unknowingly inspiring me to make this post, hosting all the Google Camera Mod ports on his server, and for helping the community with updated information regarding the mod
  • @Adam Conway, for this great XDA article on how cameras work in custom ROMs
  • @Rohit jat, for creating the thread and keeping it up-to-date with the latest releases
  • @Urnyx05, for doing an excellent job in maintaining the OnePlus 5/5T Unified Google Camera Mod's Telegram Group (Link: http://t.me/gcamoneplus) and also creating his own versions of the mod for everyone on OP5/T
  • All of you guys for viewing this post

Thanks a lot finally working libs with magisk + the camera (rooted) :good::D

[DAO]

Mar 19, 2012
Almaty
Hi guys
In the latest version i have lags in viewfinder in photo mode (not night mode). What it could be, can anybody help me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would be great if this fix would be updated for Android 14.
    Yes, I've already updated the zip and a test version is available. Just waiting on final checks and once everything checks out, I'll update this thread as well. :)
    EDIT: Updated information is now maintained in the first post.
    google-camera-small.png

Google Camera Mod for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) and 5T (dumpling)

1. Camera HAL Confusion
    a. Camera HAL Basics
    • First, let's understand what a camera HAL is. A camera HAL is what allows a ROM to "talk to" the camera hardware; without it, the camera would be non-functional. Think of the camera HAL as the steering wheel and pedals of a car. The steering wheel/pedals allow for control of the internal components of the vehicle by providing an external interface for the driver (the ROM) to make use of the internal components.
    • At present, the source code of the camera HAL included in OxygenOS has not been released by OnePlus. Instead, OnePlus has compiled that source code and shipped it on the OnePlus 5/5T as a BLOB (Binary Large OBject). This has been a major setback for custom ROM developers because having access to the camera HAL source would make porting the stock OnePlus Camera to a custom ROM a much easier endeavour.
    b. Camera HAL, Google Camera Mod and Root Requirements
    • The latest releases of the mod require you to be rooted (as you mandatorily need to install DotFix, which contains a modified camera HAL compatible with the latest releases) or the pictures that you click will come out with pink/purple/green tint on them, or will have a dotted pattern on them, or the camera might not work at all. So if you're rooted, then you're good to go. However, if you're unrooted (and prefer staying that way), then you can still use an specific version of the mod which works fine (with a few issues/restrictions, of course). All the downloads for rooted as well as non-rooted users are in the next post in the thread (post # 2).
    2. Known Bugs and Workarounds
    [Unrooted Only] Dotted Pattern Overlay
    • Issue - A dotted pattern overlay is visible in the HDR+ pictures (when completely zoomed in)
    • Resolution - You have to root, install DotFix as well as the recommended version for rooted users from point 3
    [Unrooted Only] Front Camera HDR+/Portrait Mode Non Operational/Captures Distorted Pink/Purple/Green Lines
    • Issue - Front camera captures distorted pink/purple/green lines while using HDR+ or Portrait Mode
    • Resolution - You have to root, install DotFix as well as the recommended version for rooted users from point 3
    [Rooted Only] HDR+ Front Camera Pictures Restricted to 4.0 Megapixels
    • Issue - HDR+ pictures that are clicked with the front camera are restricted to 4.0 megapixels, even though the maximum resolution of 15.9 megapixels is selected for the front camera under settings
    • Resolution - None available yet; details of why this is the case are mentioned in this post
    [Both] Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) Non Operational
    • Issue - Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) doesn't work
    [Both] DotFix Magisk Module Incompatible with Audio Mods
    • Issue - Some audio mods interfere with the DotFix Magisk module due to which they don't work as intended
    • Resolution - Uninstall the audio mods or try setting SELinux to permissive using SELinux Switch from this post of mine.
    More troubleshooting tips and tricks are present here and here. You can also read the Telegram channel's FAQ here.
    3. Important Notes and Links
    a. Important Notes
    • Everytime you change a settings, make sure you force-close and swipe it away from recents, and then restart the app so that the new settings are applied correctly. A sure shot way to make sure the settings have applied is to restart your phone.
    b. Links
    • Complete list of all Google Camera Mod ports: Link
    • Capturing a logcat if you're facing a crash when opening/using the Google Camera Mod: Link
    • Useful files and tools: Link
    • Photo comparison samples: Link
    4. Post Update Information and Credits
    a. Post Update Information
    • Last Updated: 23rd June 2021
    b. Credits
    • @B-S-G, for doing the initial port and bring us Google Camera's HDR+ to multiple devices
    • @Arnova8G2, for all the work he's done and still continues to do to bring us these ports
    • @defcomg, for the front camera Portrait Mode fix
    • @MrAimenify, for fixing viewfinder lag and updating libraries
    • @Urnyx05, for creating his own versions of the mod for everyone on OP5/T
    • @Nikita, for creating his own versions of the mod for everyone on OP5/T
    • @S4turno, for unknowingly inspiring me to make this post, hosting all the Google Camera Mod ports on his server, and for helping the community with updated information regarding the mod
    • @Zackptg5, for the MMT-Ex Template
    • @Adam Conway, for this great XDA article on how cameras work in custom ROMs
    • @Rohit jat, for originally creating the thread and Telegram discussion group
    • All of you guys for viewing this post

Changelog:
    - Fixed front crash in NS on Mi8
    - Added an option to change the folder where to save portrait photos
    - Replaced Savitar lib with sRGB b2
    - Replaced XLib v2 with v2S

Here is the link:
    https://mega.nz/#!0noREACT!lQBXD-mINnlCjtlEI_MKb8xBLIIBLdqpLoItrir50vo

I'm working on GCam 6.2 based on BSG, too. But, at the moment, it's still pretty buggy and unstable. So, I'm trying to fix most of the bugs.
    I realized this was never posted in this thread, so for those of you who might be wondering why Arnova8G2 has been missing in action for sometime now, it's because he met with a motorcycle accident and he's in the hospital, where smartphones and other portable electronic devices are forbidden. The accident was a major one and he's started to use the wheelchair now and hopefully with rehabilitation/physiotherapy, he'll be able to walk soon. Let's keep him in our thoughts and pray for his speedy recovery.
    New update of GCam 6.2.024 is out!

Changelog:
    - Changed base; now, it's based on cstark27
    - Added the option to change model; on front camera, only Nexus 5X hasn't got any issues on OP devices (thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Fixed portrait mode on OP5/5T
    - Fixed slow motion on OP5/5T and on devices with Snapdragon 845 and 855 (thanks to back.rider and Arnova)
    - Removed Pixel Visual Core Config
    - Removed some specific code for Pixel devices
    - Fixed black spot on OP5/5T
    - Fixed Night Sight on OP5/5T
    - Changed package name (it can be installed side by side with my GCam 6.1)
    - Removed Google Play Services dependance; now it works also without them (thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Fixed front green tint
    - Disabled Sabre (aka Super Resolution) on front camera to fix crashes on Mi9 and Mi8
    - Changed resolution of motion photos to fix some crashes on Mi9 and other devices

Here is the link:
    https://mega.nz/#!1nYBiSoT!eoHmomdHQ73REF4OnyRd_e7-ZoUlspC6pFVpgflu5Lo

KNOWN BUGS:
    - Sometimes, slow motion doesn't work
    - Photobooth doesn't work
    - It may crash on different devices from OP5/5T
    - Viewfinder lags on OP5/5T