[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 16.0 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

legendavey

Apr 11, 2016
Nobody knows? Seriously?

Here's another easy one. Does the SystemUI tuner allow hiding of the VPN icon in the Status Bar? Same for warning in QS Panel?

Possible answers for each of those Three things is Yes or No. Shouldn't be too hard.

Calm down, buddy. Best to wait patiently until someone answers, a gentle reminder is usually a nice way to bump your question up.

LineageOS has never supported removing the tint from the wallpaper, or hiding the VPN footer on the QS panel. I believe you know of other custom ROMs that offer these features, best to use them if this is important to you. :)

galaxykeks

Aug 20, 2010
Thanks it worked. Root needed for the following method.
Code:
su -c pm disable com.android.launcher3
Just change disable to enable if built-in quickstep launcher is needed.

I get this:
C:\adb>adb shell
OnePlus3T:/ $ su -c pm disable com.android.launcher3
Unknown id: disable
1|OnePlus3T:/ $

Did you do anything else?

Edit:
Also going through all packages with Titanium Backup I saw only "Quickstep" as laucher possibility

Edit2:
It is Quickstep. After I froze it with TB. I have the old app switcher.

Last edited:
Reactions: jianwen03
D

Deleted member 4405529

I get this:
Code:
C:\adb>adb shell
OnePlus3T:/ $ su -c pm disable com.android.launcher3
Unknown id: disable
1|OnePlus3T:/ $

-c from su only takes one string as argument, the next string is taken as new argument. This works:
Code:
su -c "pm disable com.android.launcher3"

Reactions: jianwen03

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Nobody knows? Seriously?

Here's another easy one. Does the SystemUI tuner allow hiding of the VPN icon in the Status Bar? Same for warning in QS Panel?

Possible answers for each of those Three things is Yes or No. Shouldn't be too hard.
I was expecting you to try it for yourself. :)

See the attached screenshots for 1 and 3. The answer to 2 is no.
Note, I've never used wallpaper-need theming.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Last edited:

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Nobody knows? Seriously?

Oops, forgot the screenshots

Edit: I'm doing really well this morning. I missed the reply from @legendavey and XDA screwed up the second attachment showing the VPN listing on the QS panel. (Another edit: and now it is showing properly)
I think I'll go back to bed!

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190105-054638_LineageOS_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190105-054638_LineageOS_Settings.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 636
  • Screenshot_20190105-054606_XDA_Labs.png
    Screenshot_20190105-054606_XDA_Labs.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 646
Last edited:
Reactions: xman323 and Dirk

enochpc

Jan 23, 2012
Enoch
Thought I would point out for those of you worried about alarms, I plug my phone in at night and the alarm goes off every morning. I wonder if the people that are having alarm issues don't plug in at night?

EDIT: Might be kernel related as I am running HolyDragon kernel I find my battery life is substandard on stock LOS kernel.

Last edited:

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
Thought I would point out for those of you worried about alarms, I plug my phone in at night and the alarm goes off every morning. I wonder if the people that are having alarm issues don't plug in at night?

EDIT: Might be kernel related as I am running HolyDragon kernel I find my battery life is substandard on stock LOS kernel.

My alarm goes off every morning using stock kernel. I was struggeling with battery life on the previous 2 updates but the latest is superb ?

PlayFriik

Does somebody know why the Pixel Launcher crashes on LOS 16?
It doesn't matter whether I install it as system-app by flashing OpenGApps or as user-app by downloading the .apk from APKMirror.

If anyone find himself facing the same crashing issue, then I got it fixed by using QuickSwitch Magisk module which allows you to change the current recents provider (the crash is probably caused by missing recents provider as LineageOS' default launcher is using it by default).

D

Deleted member 4405529

ISSUES: manual carrier selectinon & 5GHz SAP in Europe

I found two annoying issues:

1. If you go to Settings->Network&internet->Mobile network->Advanced and disable "Automatically select network" and get presented the carrier list (after 2 m of searching), the Mobile network setting is crashing, and you find yourself at the Netwok&internet settings page. (carrier-selection.log in issues.zip)

This is especially annoying, because manually forcing a network is the only way to disable voice call roaming: if Network auto selection is in effect, a carrier is autoselected (sic!) if crossing boorders.
  2. If you activate 5GHz SoftAP, it gets fired up, but on channel 5785.
    Code:
    hostapd : wlan0: IEEE 802.11 driver had channel switch: freq=5785, ht=1, offset=1, width=3 (80 MHz), cf1=5775, cf2=0
    My carrier is mcc=262 (Germany). In Europe/Germany 5785 is reserved for short range devices, but prohibited for wifi. A European wifi enabled device will never see 5785. (5GHz-ap.log in issues.zip)

This behavior renders 5GHz Hotspot for - at least - all European users pointless.

If setting the country code for wlan incl. SoftAP from the sim's mcc is currently broken, the default should be the definitions of the world regulation domain to be as compatible as possible for all users all over the world.

Attachments

• issues.zip
    67.8 KB · Views: 4

pedritopl

Apr 3, 2015
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel
I found two annoying issues:

If you go to Settings->Network&internet->Mobile network->Advanced and disable "Automatically select network" and get presented the carrier list (after 2 m of searching), the Mobile network setting is crashing, and you find yourself at the Netwok&internet settings page. (carrier-selection.log in issues.zip)
Note for the manual network selection bug. Maybe it can help narrowing it...

Under similar conditions in 15.1 the example network list looked like on the first screenshot (all networks appear on the list 3 times, not necessarily sorted like on the screenshot).
In 16.0 (second screenshot) each network is only listed once.

From my experience in 15.1 only one of the 3 options for each network worked.

First question to answer is why the networks were listed more than once in 15.1? Was it once per technology (GSM, WCDMA, LTE) or maybe those networks have various MNC (MCC+MNC)?

In 16.0 it seems like the list is filtered and maybe the item left is one of those that didn't work in 15.1?

pedritopl

Apr 3, 2015
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel
BTW: any idea how to select the operator from the terminal on a rooted LOS 16.0? I'm reading that it should be possible using the AT commands (specifically AT+COPS), but I'm having trouble finding how to actually send the AT commands from the terminal.

Some reading I've done: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/help/how-to-talk-to-modem-commands-t1471241

Edit 1:
I found a way to communicate with the phone via AT commands. Now I "only" need to find out how to change the selected operator ;)
To communicate on OP3T LOS16.0 I had to:
1) switch the "mobile data" SIM in the Settings to the SIM I want to check the settings for
2) in terminal (root):
# cat /dev/smd11 &
# echo -e "AT+COPS?\r" > /dev/smd11
That should return the current operator.
Warning: don't do that if You don't know what You're doing! You could brick your phone by writing to random /dev files and/or sending random AT commands.

Edit 2:
Solved :)
Sending AT+COPS=1,2,"334050" worked in my case :) @nvertigo67 - You might be interested as well :)

Last edited:

pedritopl

Apr 3, 2015
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel
[...] i noticed that switching switches in settings of status bar for some icons causes network signal bars to move around (with dual SIM) [...]
Hi,

I just noticed the same issue.

If I go to Settings -> System -> Status bar -> "System icons" and switch _any_ of the options I get the SIM1 & SIM2 signal strength in the status bar switch places. I mean they switch places every time I change an option there, so if I change two options (or one two times) they're back where they should be, but if I change 1,3,5... times - the signal strength indicators are reversed. It might be difficult to spot if You have good signal strength for both SIMs, but in my case it's obvious as my SIM1 is in roaming and has that little "R" next to it and also "x" showing no data connectivity.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Oops, forgot the screenshots

Thanks Bill. I've been using my OP5 for testing. It looks like the Tints are still a thing. Which is weird because they disappeared on the Pixel phones. Another example of Google trolling in AOSP. "Hey, we got rid of those ugly tints y'all hated so much, but only on Pixels. Please buy one."

Luckily the LWP+ App still works the same as it did on Oreo and fixes the Tint.

Shame the VPN jank is still a thing on LOS. Do they think that people who use a VPN 24/7 are just gonna forget that they use one and should have a constant, ugly reminder? Right. That's logical. I turn on my phone, look at the Status Bar and think to myself, "just as well that stupid key icon is there otherwise i might have forgotten that i've been using a VPN based ad-blocker on my phone for two years. It's just as well you remind me every time i look at my phone as otherwise there's no telling what disaster might happen"

Edit: Someone said earlier that LOS never did anything about the Tints. Those of us with better memories remember that they tried to do something about it:

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/217499/

Last edited:

legendavey

Apr 11, 2016
Shame the VPN jank is still a thing on LOS. Do they think that people who use a VPN 24/7 are just gonna forget that they use one and should have a constant, ugly reminder? Right. That's logical. I turn on my phone, look at the Status Bar and think to myself, "just as well that stupid key icon is there otherwise i might have forgotten that i've been using a VPN based ad-blocker on my phone for two years. It's just as well you remind me every time i look at my phone as otherwise there's no telling what disaster might happen"

Edit: Someone said earlier that LOS never did anything about the Tints. Those of us with better memories remember that they tried to do something about it:

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/217499/

There's a reason those VPN icons and warnings exist, and that's because not every user is a power user. Also, malicious apps that might set up a VPN connection (or a person that might do it) could do quite a bit of damage if it was running without telling you anything. Blocking ads via VPN like you mentioned is just a small use case scenario, while having an icon (and more importantly, the warning) is very important to know when I'm connected and when I should be reconnecting in case I get disconnected.

This is the same reason why the R icon for roaming exists and why ROMs shouldn't allow users to hide it. Some do, and then run up massive bills and then blame the ROM developers. These features exist for a reason and should ideally never be turned off, especially in the name of cosmetic convenience.

And as for the commit you linked, that was related to the media art on the lockscreen affecting the tint applied, though I could be wrong. However, you could still compile your own personal build with the patches for tint removal and hiding those important messages (look at the patches from other ROMs and try to port them forward) so that you can use these "features" right away. :)

evopen

May 17, 2017
Hello. I'm getting this error.
Code:
storaged  E  getDiskStats failed with result NOT_SUPPORTED and size 0
But nothing went wrong.

Thanks.

jerryhou85

Senior Moderator | Developer Committee
Staff member
Dear all,
I have remove some posts as they violates our rules. Please do follow our rules when you post and be civil during discussion. Thank you.

Rule refresher:

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

Regards
Jerry
Forum Moderator

evopen

May 17, 2017
GPU rendering time is longer in recent builds. I tested 3 los build and get different results.
See attachments. 12-22 12-30 and 1-1. btw, nlos recent builds are ok.

Attachments

• los1222.png
    los1222.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 890
  • los1230.png
    los1230.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 886
  • los0101.png
    los0101.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 864
Last edited:
Reactions: knizmi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 16.0 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 16.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.3 or higher is highly recommended: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusthree.html)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-11-13
    Last Updated 2019-08-12
    Reserved

Changelog:

• 2018.11.13:
    • Initial release

2018.11.17:
    • Sync latest source
    • Fixed directly reboot to recovery when attempting to enter power on password when secure boot enabled
    • Downgraded kernel to LA.UM.7.5.r1-02500-8x96.0 due to CAF stability regression, but there's still a race condition which could cause random kernel panic, especially when attempting to wake up the device, I'm still debugging on this.
    • Improved GPS performance
    • Minor bug fixes

2018.11.29:
    • Sync latest source
    • Kernel baseline updated to LA.UM.7.6.r1-03600-89xx.0
    • Thanks to a clue provided by @markakash , the "random kernel panic on wake up" issue seems to be fixed now. The ROM is probably stable enough for daily use, so I call it "beta" instead of "alpha" now. Please report if you still have the issue.
    • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.02:
    • Sync latest source
    • IMS experiments, VoLTE is confirmed working, VoWiFi is untested
    • Battery life optimization
    • Fix fingerprint sensor not respond on first boot and after user switched
    • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.05:
    • Sync latest source
    • SELinux enforcing for now, let me know if there're any regressions
    • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.15:
    • Sync latest source
    • Fix some suspend issue
    • Kernel baseline updated to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03700-8x96.0
    • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.22:
    • Sync latest source
    • Slider key fix by @nvertigo67
    • App launch boost & touch boost, hope it helps reduce lagging

2018.12.30:
    • Sync latest source
    • Kernel baseline updated to LA.UM.7.5.r1-04000-8x96.0
    • WiFi display support
    • Bug fixes & improvements

2019.1.1:

2019.1.12:
    • Sync latest source
    • Add support for always-on-display
    • Minor bug fixes

2019.1.24:
    • Sync latest source
    • Fix touchscreen when gesture disabled
    • Fix whatsapp and CamScanner camera issue? Not sure, need feedback
    • Minor bug fixes

2019.2.10:
    • Sync latest source
    • Update kernel to LA.UM.7.5.r1-04100-8x96.0
    • Livedisplay & touchscreen gestures internal API migration
    • Allow disabling new USB gadgets when the device is locked
    • Minor bug fixes

2019.3.1:
    • Sync latest source
    • Fix weird color after boot? Need your confirmation
    • Performance optimizations
    • New offmode charging animation
    • Minor bug fixes
    • Note that some features/bugfixes will NOT be included in the upcoming official builds, be aware before switching from unofficial to official.

Future:
    The 0302 official build failed to boot due to a technical issue with signing, it should be fixed with the upcoming build. Sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you.
    A warning on leaked Pie builds

As you're aware, OnePlus started Pie closed beta days ago, and there're already leaked builds. I made a new Lineage build with blobs from one OOS9.0 leak, installed and updated firmware. On first boot after fw update, when boot animation was done, unexpectedly, I didn't see my launcher desktop as usual, but an "Decryption unsuccessful" warning telling me that my data was corrupted. Undoubtedly, after rebooting to TWRP it failed to mount /data thus I lost everything on my internal storage.

After several experiments I finally figured out the cause:

If your data is encrypted and bootloader is unlocked, after upgrading to Pie modem firmware, there's 100% chance of your data to become corrupted, and probably no way to restore them. The cause is on firmware side, probably something wrong with key migration, so there's no way for 3rd party developers to fix it. Note that which ROM was in use pre-upgrade doesn't matter at all, i.e., if bootloader was unlocked and you were upgrading from OOS 5.0.8(enforce encryption by default) to OOS 9.0, you'll lose all personal data after reboot from recovery installation. Interestingly, everything works as expected if bootloader was locked.

I couldn't comprehend why do they apply diverse low-level strategies to locked and unlocked bootloader. Arguably this is a bug and should be fixed when they started rolling OTA updates to the public, but it's also possible that this is by design and aims to restrict "unsafe" operations. Regardless, always be careful and backup your data before upgrading firmware in the near future.
    Good news (maybe), after communicating with oneplus stuff they promised fw upgrading with unlocked bl will be fixed in future builds.