Low light

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
At the club, at the bar, or just in your mom's basement, nighttime is when you come out to play. Rate this thread to express how the Honor View 20's camera performs when no or low light is present. A higher rating indicates that the camera sensor "sees" lots of light in dim conditions, and that the resulting photos have minimal noise. A higher rating also indicates that when the flash fires, the resulting photo is evenly-lit without any bright spots.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

EViL3666

Apr 16, 2011
I've used a OnePlus 5T for the past year, I've just received my View 20, so I took some random shots whilst out walking the dog... The low-light capture of this device is incredible... In twilight you'll get very crisp pictures with fine detail and colours. In darker places, you may experience so a little noise, but in comparison to any other phone I've had over the past 10 years, this has an incredible camera.

Saying that, I'm not sure I'll be keeping, as I prefer cameras than have wide lenses, also I'm advocate of unlocking, since Honor/Huawei stopped this.. I'll likely be sending this back and swapping it for the 6T.

tp.kahara

Jan 12, 2019
I've used a OnePlus 5T for the past year, I've just received my View 20, so I took some random shots whilst out walking the dog... The low-light capture of this device is incredible... In twilight you'll get very crisp pictures with fine detail and colours. In darker places, you may experience so a little noise, but in comparison to any other phone I've had over the past 10 years, this has an incredible camera.

Saying that, I'm not sure I'll be keeping, as I prefer cameras than have wide lenses, also I'm advocate of unlocking, since Honor/Huawei stopped this.. I'll likely be sending this back and swapping it for the 6T.
I'm really confused. To me the low light camera is TERRIBLE. Every review I see, they all say they're great. But compare it for yourself. Below are two pics taken at the same time. First is taken with LG G7 ThinQ (without Night Mode) and the second one taken with View 20 with Night Mode enabled. What do you guys think, should I contact Honor and ask if this is a defect model? There is quite a lot of backlight in this setting, tv, kitchen lights etc.

LG 7 ThinQ :
WjdUSTr.jpg

Honor View 20
3kXOWOn.jpg

Yes, there is a bit more detail on View 20 photograph, but the focus on ThinQ is much better and the pattern of the pillow is more clear.

Last edited:

GreekSpirit

Feb 14, 2019
I'm really confused. To me the low light camera is TERRIBLE. Every review I see, they all say they're great. But compare it for yourself. Below are two pics taken at the same time. First is taken with LG G7 ThinQ (without Night Mode) and the second one taken with View 20 with Night Mode enabled. What do you guys think, should I contact Honor and ask if this is a defect model? There is quite a lot of backlight in this setting, tv, kitchen lights etc.

LG 7 ThinQ :
WjdUSTr.jpg

Honor View 20
3kXOWOn.jpg

Yes, there is a bit more detail on View 20 photograph, but the focus on ThinQ is much better and the pattern of the pillow is more clear.

Try without Night mode, the output should be better.