Update Android pie

Search This thread

VzQzZ

Mar 14, 2016
Rio de Janeiro
Just got the January patch here on retbr.
Next update can only be Pie or Motorola is messing with us..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190211-153919.jpg
    Screenshot_20190211-153919.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 844
Reactions: allrightlite

allrightlite

Oct 18, 2016
Google Pixel 3a
Motorola Edge 20
Just got the January patch here on retbr.
Next update can only be Pie or Motorola is messing with us..

Really late for a flagship. Even Moto G4 Plus has more recent software and there is an android 8.1 rollout :D That's funny, yes. Normally we should have the 8.1 update on our phone, which wasn't chep. Very sad. March should it be, or never flagship from motorola again. Next time G-series :D

gyarados025

Aug 7, 2017
New Delhi
Got Jan 2019 patch just now on retin , in the mid of Feb
This confirms we have to wait at least 2months to get Pie :'(
just like the Flagship Moto Z receiving Oreo last year in Apr 18

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190212-224429.jpg
    Screenshot_20190212-224429.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: allrightlite

VzQzZ

Mar 14, 2016
Rio de Janeiro
Galaxy Note 8 didn't get Pie either and it costs more..

I'm not saying it's fair/correct, but Samsung at least can say their ROM is heavily customized and needs more time to fine tune it etc.. Motorola on the other hand uses a much more close to stock experience.. very few customizations to justify all that long time to update..

Despite the terrible design IMO ( this is probably the ugliest phone I've ever had haha ) and the not so good battery, I love my Z2F, but it feels like Motorola doesn't really care for their flagships. It's all about the G series..

TigerCourage

Nov 24, 2010
Almería
www.generacionm.es
I'm not saying it's fair/correct, but Samsung at least can say their ROM is heavily customized and needs more time to fine tune it etc.. Motorola on the other hand uses a much more close to stock experience.. very few customizations to justify all that long time to update..

Despite the terrible design IMO ( this is probably the ugliest phone I've ever had haha ) and the not so good battery, I love my Z2F, but it feels like Motorola doesn't really care for their flagships. It's all about the G series..
Well they need to make sure it works will all the moto mods on all carriers + they're adding new awesome features besides the Pie ones. I prefer to wait a bit for a stable version

jonas210678

Feb 23, 2014
I am also from Germany with reteu device on Android 8.0. No wifi call and no volte with original O2 sim Card.

Which device exactly you have and also on Android 8? Where you could switch on volte?

I am also from Germany and Wifi call and volte is working great. I'm using original Vodafone. I think the problem is o2, it isn't working on the pixel devices too

solocchi

Dec 15, 2011
Can you explain how do I get this version? Thanks

Good, and where to get it?

What version of Moto Z2 Force do you have exactly? European, American, etc .. The firmware OPX28.116 Oreo 8.1.0 distributed by Motorola is official but only for American models so to work on European model like mine, you need to replace the file NON-HLOS.bin.

The link to download the firmware is this:
https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/nash/custom/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts