Stock android

Search This thread

abdulrrahman

Nov 1, 2012
Hello

I have been looking for a stock rom for the note 8 and i haven't found any, i thought i would find a lineage os rom but there was nothing..

Is there a stock android rom for the note 8?!

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
Hello

I have been looking for a stock rom for the note 8 and i haven't found any, i thought i would find a lineage os rom but there was nothing..

By "stock rom" do you mean vanilla ? , then why did you get a samsung galaxy device? Specially a note series one? Better get a pixel or something like it, why getting a samsung galaxy note device, to later downgrade it?

sandeepkumar0153

Sep 1, 2013
By "stock rom" do you mean vanilla ? , then why did you get a samsung galaxy device? Specially a note series one? Better get a pixel or something like it, why getting a samsung galaxy note device, to later downgrade it?
I have never understood why people do this. :rolleyes:
They want some high end phone first. Then suddenly learn about custom roms and are like i want to flash this now.
Better donate the extra money to devs here instead of spending stupidly. :eek:

Max_Terrible

Jun 10, 2009
I'm just adding my sentiment. If you want stock Android, get a Pixel device or Motorola or Nokia or almost anything else. You buy a Samsung device for the features they add. If you don't like or use those features, then don't buy something for $1,000 just to essentially cripple it afterwards.

Reactions: winol

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
Clean Android not only reduces these devices in terms of function (S Pen, Iris, gestures, etc), but also removes the appeal of Sammy phones. I'm using Pie on my z2 Force, as well as my Pro 3. Whilst both have active development, my N8 is the new king on the hill.

Anyway, it's best to buy another phone like the Moto Z4, Poco F1, Pixel, or Essential for plain Android.

They want some high end phone first. Then suddenly learn about custom roms and are like i want to flash this now.

I think that some people are just plain stupid. They don't relise that most of the features of Stock Android come from other android OEM skins. Just because Stock Android is simple doesn't make it better. Even 3rd party Custom OSes don't support the same features on a Note device.

sandeepkumar0153

Sep 1, 2013
Clean Android not only reduces these devices in terms of function (S Pen, Iris, gestures, etc), but also removes the appeal of Sammy phones. I'm using Pie on my z2 Force, as well as my Pro 3. Whilst both have active development, my N8 is the new king on the hill.

Anyway, it's best to buy another phone like the Moto Z4, Poco F1, Pixel, or Essential for plain Android.

Couldn't agree more on this. I bought my note 8 after i have used a note 8 port rom on my j7 2016.
And honestly i will prefer the note this way and i haven't even rooted yet. I miss viper4android so much but atleast we have Dolby atmos in N8.

sandeepkumar0153

Sep 1, 2013
I think that some people are just plain stupid. They don't relise that most of the features of Stock Android come from other android OEM skins. Just because Stock Android is simple doesn't make it better. Even 3rd party Custom OSes don't support the same features on a Note device.
Exactly, you buy a note device for what i gives not what you can mod it into using a custom rom. Root and xposed is an other thing, but custom rom, that too an AOSP ? Completely dumb people out there.

Reactions: winol

abdulrrahman

Nov 1, 2012
The thing is i am a university student and thought that i would use the pen.. turned out i didn't use it nor did i use any of the other features..

Second i am not from the US so pixel is not an option unless i would pay around 100 to 200 extra dollar to get it without a warranty.. this goes to the oneplus..

Other thing is the samsung devices are premium with good camera and great displays which is important for me..

Other thing is the samsung devices are premium with good camera and great displays which is important for me..

You do know that once you install a custom OS on the Note. The camera quality goes down. As custom OSes do not have the same camera optimisation software as the Samsung Stock OS.

Reactions: zafi7890 and winol

pooyab

Dec 3, 2009
Rasht
Wow
A person asks about a custom vanilla rom, and look at some of the answers. So glad to live in 2019 when XDA posts are turned into youtube comments on taylor swift videos.
People are not "dumb or stupid" if they're looking for customization options on XDA. They're maybe "wrong" in some cases. Just tell them why.
To answer your question:
These days there are too many flagships and midrange phones out there. Also The oems use different hardwares and barely release their source codes and drivers. Plus, stock roms are way more feature rich and fluid than before. For all these reasons the development of vanilla based roms is limited and less reasonable for most phones. Except pixel phones and Android one phones. Even there, all different roms are lineage-based and basically the same, with same features and same bugs! But different visuall traits!
There is a Lineage os for note 8.0 but in very early stages. About other custom roms (stock based), they do a great job in terms of features and removing so called bloatwares, but personally I recommend you staying on stock because unlike few years ago, stock roms get you better performance, features, battery life, etc. I'm currently using pixel 2 and note 8 and trust me, you get bored by plain android!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

Useless on a Note !

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk

You do know that once you install a custom OS on the Note. The camera quality goes down. As custom OSes do not have the same camera optimisation software as the Samsung Stock OS.