[ROM][Unofficial][A520x/A720x] Pixel Experience Plus 9.0

Search This thread

BorisM.

Mar 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy A71
Thank you. Running this ROM right now.

An issue I've noticed is the battery is draining relatively quickly. All I have running is spotify.

Spotify does drain battery quicker than usual but yeah ive also noticed the battery draining faster than usual, maybe its just i use custom roms more intensively than stock roms.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

I have a few suggestions for this rom,
-Add a google camera port if possible(I dont know if there is one for A5)
-Add a white bootanimation for those who want it (including me)
-Fix battery drain
I'm not using the rom at the moment so i forgot other bugs it had, but im gonna go back to it to test.
I really like the rom and think it has great potential, keep up the good work!

firuzmaster

Sep 6, 2016
Spotify does drain battery quicker than usual but yeah ive also noticed the battery draining faster than usual, maybe its just i use custom roms more intensively than stock roms.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

I have a few suggestions for this rom,
-Add a google camera port if possible(I dont know if there is one for A5)
-Add a white bootanimation for those who want it (including me)
-Fix battery drain
I'm not using the rom at the moment so i forgot other bugs it had, but im gonna go back to it to test.
I really like the rom and think it has great potential, keep up the good work!

I rooted my phone after my last comment and recalibrated my battery, it seems to have fixed the issue for now.

CDX274

Jan 22, 2019
This are some of the problems that i experienced:

1. The back and recent keys light up when you tap anywhere on the screen, rather than only lighting up when one of them was tapped.
2. The Cast option maybe works, but the wireless display option (to connect to a tv) doesnt work, i cant make screen mirroring with my TV. Whent i try to connect to my tv, the phone simply restarts.
3. Fix the live wallpapers lag, some of them work, but some of them dont (pixel 3 live wallpapers), even tho all of them were working very well in the first built. Here is the link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904016567 . (please fix this:crying:)
4. Sometimes my camera works (Gcam that i downloaded), and even works on the other apps, but sometimes it doesnt want to work on any app, that also includes the Gcam. And please fix the flash light.
5. The screen has like a yellow filter (NOT the night mode), and i had to install "Color Changer Pro" to fix the colors of the screen. Even if i try to install the ROM again, its still the same problem (PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS)

This is all i have to say, besides all of this, the Rom is very fast and i enjoy it very much, hope you'll pay attention to this message, and i hope you will fix this problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheepkill15

firuzmaster

Sep 6, 2016
I also rooted using magisk but havent found any fix for the battery, what did you use and what settings?
I get like 4/5h of screen on time while i use to get 6+h.

When I first installed this ROM, I was getting only 1.5hr of screen on time, I'm getting about 4.5 now. Before I installed this ROM I was getting around 4.5hrs of screen on time, and for me it seems reasonable as I leave LTE on all the time.

To get better battery, I used kernel auditor to change CPU freq to 1.2ghz instead of 1.8ghz (it didn't help), and then I downloaded battery calibrator (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blogspot.superthomaslab.batterycalibration), and that helped a lot.

I'll post a screenshot of battery usage later in the day and see if our battery usage is similar.

Reactions: BorisM.

BorisM.

Mar 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy A71
uyAW85giJifDdGGh8
When I first installed this ROM, I was getting only 1.5hr of screen on time, I'm getting about 4.5 now. Before I installed this ROM I was getting around 4.5hrs of screen on time, and for me it seems reasonable as I leave LTE on all the time.

To get better battery, I used kernel auditor to change CPU freq to 1.2ghz instead of 1.8ghz (it didn't help), and then I downloaded battery calibrator (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blogspot.superthomaslab.batterycalibration), and that helped a lot.

I'll post a screenshot of battery usage later in the day and see if our battery usage is similar.
This is my usage, it seems to have gotten better with time, as you can see I've enabled the navbar in build.prop but my capacitive buttons still work without lighting up so thats something to fix or add a buttons option. Another thing, hotspot appears to work only if you go in the settings and turn it on.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

uyAW85giJifDdGGh8

This is my usage, it seems to have gotten better with time, as you can see I've enabled the navbar in build.prop but my capacitive buttons still work without lighting up so thats something to fix or add a buttons option. Another thing, hotspot appears to work only if you go in the settings and turn it on.
seems i couldnt upload a screenshot. will do tomorrow.

Reactions: firuzmaster

firuzmaster

Sep 6, 2016
Can I turn off capacitive keys and use NFC with this?

There's a toggle for NFC but it doesn't work, and no you can't turn off the capacitive keys, but you can enable software keys by editing the build.prop or by downloading an app that enables software keys (you'll need root).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-192005.png
    Screenshot_20190303-192005.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 408

firuzmaster

Sep 6, 2016
So here's an update: the phone goes "all day" with moderate to low usage, a few hours of Spotify playback with LTE, a little Snapchat here and there, and some email checking and other social medias.

An issue I've come across, as I've mentioned before, is that Bluetooth audio isn't working when answering and making calls. I've been running this as a daily driver for the past 3 days and aside from these issues as of right now, it's all good.

P.s., I had my phone turned off for approx. an hour while I was writing an exam.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-210557.png
    Screenshot_20190303-210557.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_20190303-210931.png
    Screenshot_20190303-210931.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: BorisM.

sheepkill15

Aug 20, 2016
So here's an update: the phone goes "all day" with moderate to low usage, a few hours of Spotify playback with LTE, a little Snapchat here and there, and some email checking and other social medias.

An issue I've come across, as I've mentioned before, is that Bluetooth audio isn't working when answering and making calls. I've been running this as a daily driver for the past 3 days and aside from these issues as of right now, it's all good.

P.s., I had my phone turned off for approx. an hour while I was writing an exam.
Thanks for the detailed feedback!
The Bluetooth call problem was fixed, and will be included in the next update!
Cheers

BorisM.

Mar 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy A71

Ive also been using it for the past 3 days mobile data seems to be the biggest battery draining thing so far.
Otherwise everything is working including NFC cameras flash is still a problem, but that might be because of my gcam mod. On screen navigating bar still works alongside capacitive buttons. It's a great room and seems it could go official real soon.

Reactions: firuzmaster

BorisM.

Mar 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy A71
So I'm just gonna make a list of things that work/dont work.
-Now Playing and weather on lockscreen and ambient display works perfectly
-Bluetooth, NFC and Hotspot work sometimes (NFC works if you spam turn it on, hotspot is the same)
-Mobile data standby seems to use too much battery (which is a problem cause i like to keep it on at all times), otherwise works perfectly
Suggestions
-Add an option to make the ambient display brighter for outside
-Add a buttons option like lineageOS has (I know it is in bugs, just saying)
-I'm still looking for a Gcam mod that works if I find one I'm gonna link it here (If anyone has one link it if possible)
Thats all for now

Hyacin

Nov 24, 2012
There's a magisk module that lets you change your device fingerprint allowing it to pass, also need to have magisk manager hidden, and check pokemon go in magisk hide for it to run

I don't actually want to be rooted, but if that's the only way to go about it, I might give it a try, because all the other ROMs around here look pretty abandoned :-/

Reactions: sheepkill15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo_p.png

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
    Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device
    Based on Android 9.0

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * Should anything happen to your device, I will be there to help you, 
    * but I won't be responsible for any damage on your device.

This ROM uses the LineageOS device sources completely. The only thing that I do here is sync (download) all sources and make a new PE build with them. The credit goes to the developers of this device, PE team and LineageOS team. I also sometimes make small changes to it.

This is the Plus version of Pixel Experience

Bugs:
    • Can't take picture with camera and flash on (it's either out of sync or just loses connection to the camera) This is with stock camera only!
    • No "Advanced display" menu in settings

Installation:
    • Make sure you have Oreo bootloader and modem
    • Make a clean flash in TWRP
      And that's it.
      Note: GApps are already included in the ROM (micro variant). If you want an other variant, then flash that.

Download links:
    A5 2017 (08/12/2019)
    A7 2017 (08/12/2019)

Special thanks to:

Sources used:
    Pixel Experience
    A5 sources, A7 sources
    Exynos 7880 sources & kernel
    Proprietary vendor sources

Telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/K8vIZVBCaN93qrK_fTuCAg

XDA:DevDB Information
    [A520x/A720x] Pixel Experience 9.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

Contributors
    sheepkill15
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: Pixel Experience

Version Information

Created 2019-01-01
    Last Updated 2019-12-08
    Changelog:
    - 08/12/2019:
    • Updates from LineageOS and PE team
    • Imported camera libs and configs from korean pie and also from hadesROM OneUI
    • Imported audio libs and configs also from both pie roms
    • Other misc changes / tweaks / fixes

- 16/10/2019:
    • Updated to PE Plus version
    • Updates from LineageOS and PE team -> October security patch
    • Imported a few things from Korean Pie (nothing significant)
    • Other misc changes / tweaks / fixes

- 29/07/2019:
    • Updates from LineageOS and PE team
    • Synced device tree sources from LineageOS
    • Increased volume

- 15/07/2019:
    • July security patch
    • Fixes and improvements from LineageOS and PE team
    • Imported R28P0 gpu driver (from hadesKernel)
    • Imported pie sdcardfs (from hadesKernel)
    • Synced device sources fom LOS -> button settings
      -> faster/better gps

- 31/03/2019:
    • March security patch
    • Upstream fixes from LineageOS and PE teams: (major ones)
      - Sound issues fixed
      - System-wide dark theme
      - Advanced restart toggle
      - Volume panel moved to left, where the button is
    • "Buttons light up only when pressed" behaviour
    • Some kernel improvements (from hadesKernel source)
    • Force set CTS profile to Pixel 3

- 10/01/2019:
    • January security patch (in settings it's not updated yet, but trust me it is.)
    • Fixes from LineageOS and PE team
    • Added black boot animation
    • Added Music app (no gallery yet, I was lazy to do another build just for that)
    • Settings now correctly knows Fingerprint Reader location
    • Added "Double tap to sleep" and "Advanced Restart" in Settings, but neither of them are working yet... I'm working on it ^-^

- 31/12/2018: Initial release
    Okay guys, new build is finally up! Links updated in OP. Changelog updated in post #2.
    You should be able to dirty flash the new build on top of the old one, but I don't recommend it. Cheers
    It's working very well. But I've got a question is there any way to disable buttons light or when new update with solution for that?

Right now, there is no way of doing that. But that's what I'm focusing on right now, will post new update soon
    There will be one. This ROM is not dead. Soon there will be an update...