Mi Mix 3 Notification Issues

Search This thread

Slowrider8

Mar 2, 2019
I've just yesterday gotten a Mi Mix 3 and set it up accordingly, and I'm finding MIUI okay as a whole except for some issues with notifications I'm having. Basically:

1. Some apps that send push notifications will only send them to the notification shade. No notification icon, no pop-up alert, no lock screen notification (more on that later), no sound, no vibration, no notification light. This is all completely independent of the notification settings of the app. I can turn everything on and it still won't show. Some apps show fine, such as discord and messages, but they still won't show on the lockscreen:
  2. No notifications showing on the lockscreen at all. For apps that do send notifications, only the sound and notification light will display when I receive one, but checking both the lockscreen and notification shade whilst the phone is locked will show me nothing until I unlock it. This is while "Lock screen notifications" is enabled in the app notification channel.
  3. No per-app notification sounds. This is most likely less of a bug and more of a missing implementation, but since this is a base Android feature now is there alternate way to enable these?

Settings specific to these issues:

• In "Lockscreen & Password / Advanced Settings / On Lock Screen" the phone is set to "Show all notifications and their contents".
  • In "Lockscreen & Password / Notifications" it's set to "Show Animation".
  • In "Notifications & Status bar" "Show notification icons" and "Show on lock screen" is on.
  • MIUI version is fully updated at 10.2.1.

Anyone got any idea?

Many thanks

Reactions: Syntaxer

johanan96

Aug 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
For me i had to activate it for each app seperately, that i wanted notifications from. Except for apps that already gave me notifications like snapchat. I know i had to do it manually on instagram for example

Reactions: Slowrider8

Mackay53

Apr 1, 2011
Edinburgh
OPPO Find X5 Pro
I've just yesterday gotten a Mi Mix 3 and set it up accordingly, and I'm finding MIUI okay as a whole except for some issues with notifications I'm having. Basically:

Some apps that send push notifications will only send them to the notification shade. No notification icon, no pop-up alert, no lock screen notification (more on that later), no sound, no vibration, no notification light. This is all completely independent of the notification settings of the app. I can turn everything on and it still won't show. Some apps show fine, such as discord and messages, but they still won't show on the lockscreen:

No notifications showing on the lockscreen at all. For apps that do send notifications, only the sound and notification light will display when I receive one, but checking both the lockscreen and notification shade whilst the phone is locked will show me nothing until I unlock it. This is while "Lock screen notifications" is enabled in the app notification channel.

No per-app notification sounds. This is most likely less of a bug and more of a missing implementation, but since this is a base Android feature now is there alternate way to enable these?

In "Lockscreen & Password / Advanced Settings / On Lock Screen" the phone is set to "Show all notifications and their contents".

In "Lockscreen & Password / Notifications" it's set to "Show Animation".

In "Notifications & Status bar" "Show notification icons" and "Show on lock screen" is on.

MIUI version is fully updated at 10.2.1.

Anyone got any idea?

Many thanks

Welcome to miui

Slowrider8

Mar 2, 2019
For me I had to activate it for each app separately, that I wanted notifications from. Except for apps that already gave me notifications like snapchat. I know i had to do it manually on instagram for example

Strangely, by going into the app notification settings and changing the settings off and on again it seems to have fixed the problem? At least for the actual app's I've tested (twitter and discord).

I've also tried with an app called push notification tester however and this has the same 1. and 2. issues. I'm not sure what the difference is but if it works for important stuff at least that's what matters.

To everyone else the 3rd question still stands; is there a way to get app-specific notification sounds in MIUI 10?

Reactions: Syntaxer

Apkmehdi

Mar 15, 2019
overweight?

I want to buy this phone
I heard this phone is very overweight
Is it true?
If you have it plz guide

ack154

Oct 17, 2011
www.allankintz.com
The notification inconsistency in MIUI is one of the biggest reasons that I just listed mine for sale. No matter how many times I've gone through individual app settings and overall notification settings, it never works as expected. And my expectation is only for it to work as the settings that I've selected indicate. It makes me a little sad actually... this was my first Xiaomi device and I ended up liking MIUI way more than I thought I would (especially compared to EMUI... which is complete trash). Oh well... on to the next.

Reactions: pbangelly

Philly@52

Feb 6, 2019
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
I run an app called Notification Repeater(apk) and it seems to address any of the inconsistencies that MIUI has with Notifications(or lack there of). I use another app called AutoNotification(by joaomgcd on the Play Store i believe) to block some notifications such as "x app is diplaying over other apps" that never seem to go away.

I know it kind of sucks to have to find a work around to use a phone when realistically it would be nice if your phone just worked the way you wanted it to out of the box..but since installing these apps i have been more than happy with my current situations when it comes to Notifications.

pbangelly

Feb 25, 2019
I've also had similar problems. In addition to manually turning on each apps notification in settings (Have to remember this for every time I download an app as well) I've aslo downloaded the app 'Notification Repeater' which has helped significantly. I get absolutely ZERO notifications on the lock screen though which is something I still haven't figured out how to fix without switching ROMs. I hope someone can figure something out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Some apps that send push notifications will only send them to the notification shade. No notification icon, no pop-up alert, no lock screen notification (more on that later), no sound, no vibration, no notification light. This is all completely independent of the notification settings of the app. I can turn everything on and it still won't show. Some apps show fine, such as discord and messages, but they still won't show on the lockscreen:
    2. No notifications showing on the lockscreen at all. For apps that do send notifications, only the sound and notification light will display when I receive one, but checking both the lockscreen and notification shade whilst the phone is locked will show me nothing until I unlock it. This is while "Lock screen notifications" is enabled in the app notification channel.
    3. No per-app notification sounds. This is most likely less of a bug and more of a missing implementation, but since this is a base Android feature now is there alternate way to enable these?

• In "Lockscreen & Password / Advanced Settings / On Lock Screen" the phone is set to "Show all notifications and their contents".
    • In "Lockscreen & Password / Notifications" it's set to "Show Animation".
    • In "Notifications & Status bar" "Show notification icons" and "Show on lock screen" is on.
    • MIUI version is fully updated at 10.2.1.

Anyone got any idea?

Many thanks
    For me i had to activate it for each app seperately, that i wanted notifications from. Except for apps that already gave me notifications like snapchat. I know i had to do it manually on instagram for example
    For me I had to activate it for each app separately, that I wanted notifications from. Except for apps that already gave me notifications like snapchat. I know i had to do it manually on instagram for example

Strangely, by going into the app notification settings and changing the settings off and on again it seems to have fixed the problem? At least for the actual app's I've tested (twitter and discord).

I've also tried with an app called push notification tester however and this has the same 1. and 2. issues. I'm not sure what the difference is but if it works for important stuff at least that's what matters.

To everyone else the 3rd question still stands; is there a way to get app-specific notification sounds in MIUI 10?
    The phone is morbidly obese

LOL. Stop fat-shaming it! Weight was one of my biggest concerns coming from a Galaxy S5, and the MM3 is heavy, but you do get used to it after a couple of weeks.
    The notification inconsistency in MIUI is one of the biggest reasons that I just listed mine for sale. No matter how many times I've gone through individual app settings and overall notification settings, it never works as expected. And my expectation is only for it to work as the settings that I've selected indicate. It makes me a little sad actually... this was my first Xiaomi device and I ended up liking MIUI way more than I thought I would (especially compared to EMUI... which is complete trash). Oh well... on to the next.