Has there been any updates progress on rooting other G7 Models?

Search This thread

jazir

Apr 16, 2015
I have an G7+ model LMG7EAW, the european international model. Does anyone know if progress on my model and other G7's is being made? I know the developer RunningNak3d(he's a user on XDA) is attempting to develop one from what i've read of his posts, but he posts within the other LG phone subforums and just mentions the G7 offhand. It's kind of hard to follow because he posts info in disparate threads, there is no centralized G7 thread he is posting in. He is only one working on it afaik. Hoping someone knows the current state of development on root for other G7 models besides the EM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ali Mirza

jazir

Apr 16, 2015
I have an G7+ model LMG7EAW, the european international model. Does anyone know if progress on my model and other G7's is being made? I know the developer RunningNak3d(he's a user on XDA) is attempting to develop one from what i've read of his posts, but he posts within the other LG phone subforums and just mentions the G7 offhand. It's kind of hard to follow because he posts info in disparate threads, there is no centralized G7 thread he is posting in. He is only one working on it afaik. Hoping someone knows the current state of development on root for other G7 models besides the EM.

@runningnak3d

runningnak3d

Recognized Developer
Nov 10, 2010
Largo

Until the price comes down so I can pick one up on eBay, I am not working on it right now.

I will be working on the V40 before the G7 now that there is a model that has an unlockable bootloader. However, that work should apply to the G7.

dami00976

Dec 27, 2008
Until the price comes down so I can pick one up on eBay, I am not working on it right now.

I will be working on the V40 before the G7 now that there is a model that has an unlockable bootloader. However, that work should apply to the G7.

I live in Puerto Rico and the LG g7 sells new 200 our less... But is the sprint version I got one for 180 and converted it to international.

maydayind

Dec 10, 2011
If u fomow my link u have a thred where a user manage to repack the kdz with supersu. (root)

Dont ask q if u Dont bother readin the answers

jazir

Apr 16, 2015

The g7 has an unlockable bootloader model, the lm-g710em can be bootloader unlocked and rooted. If you could obtain one of those phones, would it be possible to find a way to unlock the bootloaders of all other G7 models through some sort of exploit? LG has a terrible track record for unlocking bootloaders and getting their phones rooted from what i've read, so i'm curious if the 710em would be a starting point for you to get all the G7 models unlockable and rootable. There are few threads on the G7 development subforum: https://xdaforums.com/lg-g7-thinq/development

I can try to find a good deal on that model for you, do you have a budget range?

Also, i'm grateful for all you've done and your work. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clickau

Airclear

Mar 7, 2019

Sorry to bother you , but now I have an bootloader unlocked G710EAW , will that help your work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

is there a guide you could link to convert to international?

err on the side of kindness

https://xdaforums.com/lg-g7-thinq/how-to/install-android-pie-lg-g7-t3894483

On that thread there's a link to android file host. Download that zip... Then you can look up for the latest international kdz in xda our Google.

The g7 has an unlockable bootloader model, the lm-g710em can be bootloader unlocked and rooted. If you could obtain one of those phones, would it be possible to find a way to unlock the bootloaders of all other G7 models through some sort of exploit? LG has a terrible track record for unlocking bootloaders and getting their phones rooted from what i've read, so i'm curious if the 710em would be a starting point for you to get all the G7 models unlockable and rootable. There are few threads on the G7 development subforum: https://xdaforums.com/lg-g7-thinq/development

I can try to find a good deal on that model for you, do you have a budget range?

Also, i'm grateful for all you've done and your work. Thank you.