This phone stinks

Search This thread

JarkMackson

Jan 7, 2007
I'm lucky enough to be able to test multiple new phones and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with this phone. The cameras are worse than my LG v40 (with gcam mod of course), it's impossible to type with one hand because you're always touching the curved screen with the side of your hand so nothing actually comes out correctly without having to fix it 10X and Samsung has removed the ability to change basic settings like removing icon borders or change their size. Nothing about this phone is appealing and I LOVE Samsung phones. I've had a Note since the Note 2 (I'm typing this on a note 9) but this phone is just crap. The fingerprint reader is barely passable and bixby (although able to be turned off) is at best an annoyance. Please don't waste your time with this
overpriced paperweight, it's just junk.

Reactions: Ali Mirza

Aluyi

Apr 20, 2012
Nuremberg, Germany.
I'm lucky enough to be able to test multiple new phones and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with this phone. The cameras are worse than my LG v40 (with gcam mod of course), it's impossible to type with one hand because you're always touching the curved screen with the side of your hand so nothing actually comes out correctly without having to fix it 10X and Samsung has removed the ability to change basic settings like removing icon borders or change their size. Nothing about this phone is appealing and I LOVE Samsung phones. I've had a Note since the Note 2 (I'm typing this on a note 9) but this phone is just crap. The fingerprint reader is barely passable and bixby (although able to be turned off) is at best an annoyance. Please don't waste your time with this

Don´t buy it if you don´t like it, but I wouldn´t go as far as to call a Samsung Galaxy stinks, maybe an iPhone yeah but never a Samsung. :angel:

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
definitely overpriced overhyped overrated. i read about annoyances, problems, design flaws. too many for such an expensive device. i wanted s9 for size. when i saw 10e even smaller with same screen size i bought it. expected more. no curved edges, can type, no problems. i didn't pay full retail price so it's barely acceptable for me. my next phone will be sd6xx-7xx mid range. no need to waste money on so much useless bs and samsung name.

Reactions: Ali Mirza

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
This phone reminds me of the s5. Another Samsung miss.

Eventually we get used to a certain smell...

I'm sure everyone has an opinion, but I'll bet yours isn't a majority opinion of the phone. So, it's not up to your high standards, I'm sure we'll live and somehow make do with it until something comes along that you'll approve for us. Yours is an opinion and nothing more, to be taken with a grain of salt.

JarkMackson

Jan 7, 2007
I'm sure everyone has an opinion, but I'll bet yours isn't a majority opinion of the phone. So, it's not up to your high standards, I'm sure we'll live and somehow make do with it until something comes along that you'll approve for us. Yours is an opinion and nothing more, to be taken with a grain of salt.

As is yours.

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014

Nothing about this statement or whatever this actually is, wouldn't even call it an opinion.

Your just stating user specific issues, and ok your entitled to express, but in doing so be more elaborate.

The S10+ has

Snapdragon 855/Exynos 9820
8/128gb Ram or 8/512 or 12/1tb
IP 68
Expandable memory
Great camera's
Headphone jack
Best display in class

To call this Junk is well bold but rather foolish, but I guess your just fishing for responses.

Now comparisons yes this costs say to a OnePlus 6T but this device has everything that that doesn't also.

Your saying the Ultrasonic fingerprint is barely usable, well many said that about the optical and well they were full of it as I never had an issue, as for the Ultrasonic i haven't received mine yet so I'll reserve judgement.

Anyway this is just fishing.

Return your junk and get something else to your liking.....it's that simple :p

leviiis

Aug 5, 2013
I have my S10 since Friday, and for me it is a good phone. Okay, at first time I have also sometimes problems with the touch screen, but I think it's only a thing of time. The finger reader also, I loved the finger scanner on the s7, when I buy the s8 I had at first time the New position of the scanner, but now the handling after two years are great for me. I think the same is on the s10, give it some time and then the handling would easyer.

But I missing also some features from my other Samsung phones, like the led notification or the automatic unvisebelle navigation buttons, I hope Samsung bring some updates.

The best is when I can install root, then it is really my phone and the Good time is beginning. :) and when it's not your phone, then it is also okay.

*sorry for my english*

Mohamad Gahed

Feb 1, 2015
i just got my S10+ after an iphone X ,
first of all it is the best samsung i ever used till now coming from
S1 - S2 - S3 - Note 3 - iphone 6 plus - Note 5 - S7Edge - Mate 9 - Mate 10Pro - Iphone X

and the S10+ frankly is miles ahead of the Iphone X and i was not expecting that to be honest

the only point i can agree with the OP is that the screen edges make it hard to use it in one hand , but no problem for me as the screen is fantastic :)

Devhux

Mar 1, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Yeah, I'll admit the fingerprint sensor isn't as accurate as the capacitive sensors from before, but we've already seen an improvement with the latest firmware and I have confidence that it'll get even better. I think the biggest thing though is that it's ¥different "and it'll take a bit of getting used to how it works.

As for the cameras, it's not really a fair comparison to use the GCam camera app to compare. Yes, it uses Google's image processing, it doesn't take advantage of Samsung's specific features (variable aperture, for example). I'm also not sure if it supports all three cameras on the S10 - it's a mod after all, and may need to be updated.

That said, the beauty of Android is choice. What works for one person may not work for another. I absolutely despise LG's skin, and they're even worse than Samsung when it comes to updates.

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Is there a such thing as a bad phone, any more? I don't think so... The new iPhones are great phones, even if they lack the bells and whistles of Android... As far as hardware goes, top notch. And so long as you are cool working within the box that Apple built, they are solid. It's only when you want to tinker and fiddle with them and do fun, but for the most part unnecessary things with them, that they fall short...

The S10+ seems solid so far. Yeah, there is some bloat... big deal... Disable it or uninstall it and call it a day... if you don't like Bixby, turn it off and remap the button. If you don't like the layout of OneUI, install a launcher. You can still do pretty much all the things you need or want, without root these days. Unless you are completely anal retentive and just have to change some inane thing to feel extra geeky and brag to your geeky friends how you have the coolest battery icon or DPI setting, it just doesn't matter. It's a PHONE. You make calls on it, check your email, catch a Netflix show and maybe play a game. It's not a way of life, it's an appliance, that you will likely get bored of and replace in the next 6-12 months anyway... Do you obsess the same way about your electric toothbrush or your microwave or other appliances? Probably not...

If you keep this all in perspective, pretty much any phone will do. I have used Samsung, HTC, OnePlus, Apple, Moto, LG, etc... In years past, there were some lemons... but today it is hard to find a BAD phone, at least in the flagship section... None of them are perfect, but they are all quite good.

I just laugh when I see people trying so hard to nit-pick some obscure inane thing, trying to pretend that it matters or that the average person gives a crap...

"You can't uninstall the GoT bloatware game, I need those 30mb of storage back!"...

No you don't. It's like 0.1% of your storage space, disable it and shut up. It's not hurting you. LOL

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
Is there a such thing as a bad phone, any more? I don't think so... The new iPhones are great phones, even if they lack the bells and whistles of Android... As far as hardware goes, top notch. And so long as you are cool working within the box that Apple built, they are solid. It's only when you want to tinker and fiddle with them and do fun, but for the most part unnecessary things with them, that they fall short...

The S10+ seems solid so far. Yeah, there is some bloat... big deal... Disable it or uninstall it and call it a day... if you don't like Bixby, turn it off and remap the button. If you don't like the layout of OneUI, install a launcher. You can still do pretty much all the things you need or want, without root these days. Unless you are completely anal retentive and just have to change some inane thing to feel extra geeky and brag to your geeky friends how you have the coolest battery icon or DPI setting, it just doesn't matter. It's a PHONE. You make calls on it, check your email, catch a Netflix show and maybe play a game. It's not a way of life, it's an appliance, that you will likely get bored of and replace in the next 6-12 months anyway... Do you obsess the same way about your electric toothbrush or your microwave or other appliances? Probably not...

If you keep this all in perspective, pretty much any phone will do. I have used Samsung, HTC, OnePlus, Apple, Moto, LG, etc... In years past, there were some lemons... but today it is hard to find a BAD phone, at least in the flagship section... None of them are perfect, but they are all quite good.

I just laugh when I see people trying so hard to nit-pick some obscure inane thing, trying to pretend that it matters or that the average person gives a crap...

"You can't uninstall the GoT bloatware game, I need those 30mb of storage back!"...

No you don't. It's like 0.1% of your storage space, disable it and shut up. It's not hurting you. LOL

Well that was a thought out reply......:p

But agreed most phones (flagships) offer up more that we shall ever need....:p

JarkMackson

Jan 7, 2007
I guess just blanketing the phone as not being good is a bit harsh, I was excited for this phone only to be so disappointed within the first 10 minutes. I feel like Samsung really messed this one up and I've seriously loved their phones for almost a decade. Just the inability to type in Gboard without the edges messing everything up (not sure why it's so bad with this phone, it was never an issue for me before) makes this one a lemon in my eyes. I'm not going to pull the "I'm never buying Samsung again" but they just can't ever seem to take a step forward without taking one back. I feel like this isn't the phone that's worth the sticker price.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nothing about this statement or whatever this actually is, wouldn't even call it an opinion.

Your just stating user specific issues, and ok your entitled to express, but in doing so be more elaborate.

The S10+ has

Snapdragon 855/Exynos 9820
    8/128gb Ram or 8/512 or 12/1tb
    IP 68
    Expandable memory
    Great camera's
    Headphone jack
    Best display in class

To call this Junk is well bold but rather foolish, but I guess your just fishing for responses.

Now comparisons yes this costs say to a OnePlus 6T but this device has everything that that doesn't also.

Your saying the Ultrasonic fingerprint is barely usable, well many said that about the optical and well they were full of it as I never had an issue, as for the Ultrasonic i haven't received mine yet so I'll reserve judgement.

Anyway this is just fishing.

Return your junk and get something else to your liking.....it's that simple :p

I withdraw my remark, yours isn't an opinion, it's a rant, reminiscent of a 10 year old. I'm through here.
    This phone reminds me of the s5. Another Samsung miss.

Eventually we get used to a certain smell...

the smell is pretty good if u ask me, duno why ur stinks