[GCam] Nokia 7 Plus port by back.rider555

Search This thread

nemo07

Dec 19, 2016
Guys if u want to test how libs are good u should test it with front camera not with the back one..
@back.rider555 thanks for this version really stable and fast but only need one setting on it that we can change the base camer cause Im using :
- pixel 2 interface
- back camera = pixel 2 xl
- front camera = nexus6p
- libs = Xtreme V2s

Conclusion : Awesome pictures front and back with less noise and good sharpness .

Last edited:

Born2rein@gmail.com

May 15, 2018
Last edited:

Suku1509

Oct 7, 2017
@backridder I want to bring to your and also request a feedback if this information as updated by your Co-Dev Arnova latest update by 2am over telegram group.
Below is the is newly introduced update to his mod Gcam.

Arnova8G2 (Morka): Newest v1.4 update today by 2am
Fixed normal/tele/wide angle mode
A little more stable
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PakwortGVHhSHk2wdWX07WZdYIjiir-A/view?usp=drivesdk
Is there telephoto lens working?

Reactions: Ippokra
G

GuestD0707

@back.rider555
Great work, working fine for me on my Nokia 8 (I think it's the same as Nokia 7 plus). Thanks for adding xtrme v2s libs, I tested them in Tolyan009 apks.
One another thing to make me happy - ability to set exposure time, sometimes I take night photos and this feature can be very useful, see my photo here - https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?act=findpost&pid=82681182&anchor=Spoil-82681182-1. And camera don't always focus with enabled "live focus", may be add setting to disable it?..
Thanks ?
P.s. I attached my photo in this post too, but now I see that it's not full size.

Attachments

• IMG_20190223_001547.jpg
    IMG_20190223_001547.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:

Danilo Pantelić

Mar 19, 2012
Kragujevac
@backridder I want to bring to your and also request a feedback if this information as updated by your Co-Dev Arnova latest update by 2am over telegram group.
Below is the is newly introduced update to his mod Gcam.

Arnova8G2 (Morka): Newest v1.4 update today by 2am
Fixed normal/tele/wide angle mode
A little more stable
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PakwortGVHhSHk2wdWX07WZdYIjiir-A/view?usp=drivesdk
Please post latest APK here or in other gcam thread!

back.rider555

Mar 2, 2018
The 'a' means this is a minor update. And same as before, I have both the lib and no-lib variants.

GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.4a
Changes vs. test2.4 :
- Fixed shortcut crashes when Lens Blur Mode is enabled: you know what that means? Yes, Lens Blur Mode is now permanently enabled (see attached screenshot 1); that also means the toggle to turn it on/off in GCam settings is removed. Many thanks to @Arnova8G2 for the fix.
- Added launcher shortcut for Photobooth: this only appears in a some 3rd party launchers like Nova + Sesame (see attached screenshot 2) and Microsoft launcher because the stock launcher (and most other launchers) can only show up to 4 shortcuts max. (I tried adding a 6th, but it won't show up. Oh well, I guess 5 is enough haha)

Again, if you have any trouble with the app acting a bit funny, do the following: force close; clear data; clean install; reboot device.

Known issues:

- Tap-to-focus in video mode breaks autofocus; workaround is switching to other modes and back.
- Manual white balance in camera mode doesn't work, but it works in other modes; in Portrait Mode and on the front camera, it works with tap-to-focus.
- 60 FPS video doesn't work and only produces 30 FPS. I'm also not sure if our phone is even capable of recording 60 FPS in the first place.
- Some reports mention lagging of Google Photos. In my case, clearing Photos app cache did the trick, and so far it's working fine.

Download:
GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.4a.apk
GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.4a_libs.apk

Last edited:

Aleksey777z

Mar 13, 2019
Замечательно работает порт,спасибо) libs v2s и libs сток гугл, пока две настройки эти нравятся больше. Вы молодец! Еще бы телевик запустить, аппетиты увы растут)))

jegerima

Oct 31, 2018
Guayaquil
- Fixed shortcut crashes when Lens Blur Mode is enabled: you know what that means? Yes, Lens Blur Mode is now permanently enabled (see attached screenshot 1); that also means the toggle to turn it on/off in GCam settings is removed. Many thanks to @Arnova8G2 for the fix.

When I open the camera and swipe to Lens Blur mode, the top bar disappears.

By the way, Excellent Job. I own an Essential Phone.

Reactions: Ippokra

Ippokra

Aug 28, 2009
The 'a' means this is a minor update. And same as before, I have both the lib and no-lib variants.

Changes vs. test2.4 :
- Added launcher shortcut for Photobooth: this only appears with Nova launcher + Sesame because the stock launcher (and maybe other launchers as well) can only show up to 4 shortcuts max. With Nova+Sesame, this can be extended (see attached screenshot 2). (I tried adding a 6th, but it won't show up. Oh well, I guess 5 is enough haha)

Again, if you have any trouble with the app acting a bit funny, do the following: force close; clear data; clean install; reboot device.

Known issues:

- Tap-to-focus in video mode breaks autofocus; workaround is switching to other modes and back.
- Manual white balance in camera mode doesn't work, but it works in other modes; in Portrait Mode and on the front camera, it works with tap-to-focus.
- 60 FPS video doesn't work and only produces 30 FPS. I'm also not sure if our phone is even capable of recording 60 FPS in the first place.
- Some reports mention lagging of Google Photos. In my case, clearing Photos app cache did the trick, and so far it's working fine.

Download:
The launcher shortcut for Photobooth is working fine with Microsoft launcher
Screenshot_20190313-211515.jpeg

back.rider555

Mar 2, 2018
Guys if u want to test how libs are good u should test it with front camera not with the back one..
@back.rider555 thanks for this version really stable and fast but only need one setting on it that we can change the base camer cause Im using :
- pixel 2 interface
- back camera = pixel 2 xl
- front camera = nexus6p
- libs = Xtreme V2s

Conclusion : Awesome pictures front and back with less noise and good sharpness .

Thanks for the feedback; however my problem with the different base config combinations is it disables some features like motion autofocus, etc in this build. Also it'd be better if you share sample shots to further support your conclusion.

Reactions: wapvikas and nemo07

nemo07

Dec 19, 2016
Thanks for the feedback; however my problem with the different base config combinations is it disables some features like motion autofocus, etc in this build. Also it'd be better if you share sample shots to further support your conclusion.

Thanks for your hard work brother but I don't need to use the new features if I got a perfect photo from the old features ..
Here you are bro ..
Left is my setting on another camera and right is your camera with my setting too .

Notice :
see the shadow sides is full of noise with your camera ..

Attachments

• IMG_20190314_145326.jpg
    IMG_20190314_145326.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_20190314_145306.jpg
    IMG_20190314_145306.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_20190314_145210.jpg
    IMG_20190314_145210.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_20190314_145145.jpg
    IMG_20190314_145145.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_20190314_145054.jpg
    IMG_20190314_145054.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_20190314_145035.jpg
    IMG_20190314_145035.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
Reactions: back.rider555

kimikim0

Oct 11, 2011
Hey, awesome work on the latest build, I'm using tissot (Mi A1) everything work fine and one of the stable gcam for tissot, but small request in tissot and like others phone front cam green tint issue, but can you rebaae your build with Arnova latest build that seems fixed green selfie issue ? Here the link for that build, no pressure keep up the good work as always :)
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_V1.0.030119.0705.apk

edit: also can you add night sight app shortcut ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GCam-N7P.png
    The original thread of the first posts and discussions here.

Hello! With the plethora of GCam ports out there (thank you, devs), my very objective is to make all necessary features work on our phone, all the while making things simple and clean possible. In contrast with the existing ports that have a lot of settings to tinker, I am aiming for a no-config port that simply works well. Please note that I am not a developer per se; you see, this was just a hobby that I am doing on my spare time and it occurred to me one day that I want to share my efforts to everyone else.

This port is designed and is working well on my Nokia 7 Plus (TA-1046) running Android 9.0 Pie. For the most part, this needs no extra config after installation. I have, however, provided several extra settings that you may play around to your desire.
    If it works on your non-Nokia 7 Plus device, that's great! If not, please do not request fixes and/or features and instead head over to this website and look for one that works well on yours. ALSO, if you are into a lot of mod settings, this may not be the port for you. Again, check the link for the other ports.

WHAT'S WORKING
    • All photo (HDR+, Portrait mode, Panorama, Photo Sphere) and video things
    • Night sight
    • Tracking autofocus
    • Motion photos
    • Photobooth
    • Lens Blur
    • Slow motion
    • Face warping for front camera (can be disabled in later versions)
    • Playground (AR stickers): download here
    • Launching from lockscreen

DOWNLOAD
    GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.3 (final) (Original post)
    Changelog:
    - Toggle to directly save Portrait shots to /DCIM/Camera (thanks san1ty): a lot of people wanted this feature, so here it is. But be warned: I haven't done any extensive tests to verify if the portrait bug from previous versions still occur here; so far it's okay. Use at your own risk.
    - Toggle to use custom lib (from @cstark27): from the custom libs I've tried, Sav ZA v3 is so far the best in my opinion. It significantly reduces black crush while keeping noise reduction etc the same as stock lib. However, this also reduces overall contrast and/or saturation. It's your choice.
    - Enabled DCI-P3 color space: I honestly don't know what this does, but I hope enabling it brings some sort of improvement.
    - Fixed washed-out RAW photos (thanks for the tips @Urnyx05): RAW (.dng) photos now won't have washed out colors straight out of the camera.

Again, If the app is lagging or acting weird, just clear app data and follow the installation instructions described in the previous versions.

Download:
    GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.3

Previous versions:

GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.2 (Original post)

GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1 (Original post)

GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.3 (Original post)

GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.2 (Original post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79349111&postcount=287)

GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.1 (Original post here)

GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1 (Original post)

GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.6a (Original post)

F.A.Q.
    What are the GCam settings for?
    These are extra features on top of the original Google Camera app for Pixel devices that give more options for the user to play around. Later versions have a "Gcam settings info" page under "About", where each additional setting is briefly described.

What are the best settings?
    I made this port such that no special configs and adjustments are needed for the most part. You can change toggles like Location if you want, of course. Furthermore, I have included the GCam settings for additional settings in case anyone wants to do some extra modifications.

Why is it that when I zoom in completely, the display stops midway but the final photo is in fact zoomed?
    Why is it that when I double-tap-to-zoom, the final photo seems a bit shifted compared to what is displayed?
    I have answered it here.

Why is the max megapixels for front camera only 4MP while the stock camera can go up to 16MP?
    I honestly don't know why, but I'm certain that only the Nokia Camera can tap into the full potential of the sensor. Even 3rd party hardware analyzer apps would always declare 4MP. But it produces some seriously good photos for a 4MP size, don't you think?

Why won't it install in my device?
    This could be for a couple of reasons: (1) this was developed for Android 9.0 Pie, so no assurance that it will run on lower versions; (2) there could be conflict with an existing GCam app so in that case, uninstall that first before installing this. If both weren't the case, a reboot might help. Or in worst cases, a hard reset may be done.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK the awesome devs for the wonderful GCam ports. Of course special thanks to @Arnova8G2, @cstark27, @S4turno, @Tolyan009, B-S-G, and everyone at the "Nokia 7 plus google camera HDR+ ZSL" XDA thread and other social media platform. Best!
    Hi it's been a while. I had to set aside this coding stuff since I had to prioritize my Master's thesis these past weeks.

GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.3
    Changelog:
    - Toggle to directly save Portrait shots to /DCIM/Camera (thanks san1ty): a lot of people wanted this feature, so here it is. But be warned: I haven't done any extensive tests to verify if the portrait bug from previous versions still occur here; so far it's okay. Use at your own risk.
    - Toggle to use custom lib (from @cstark27): from the custom libs I've tried, Sav ZA v3 is so far the best in my opinion. It significantly reduces black crush while keeping noise reduction etc the same as stock lib. However, this also reduces overall contrast and/or saturation. It's your choice.
    - Enabled DCI-P3 color space: I honestly don't know what this does, but I hope enabling it brings some sort of improvement.
    - Fixed washed-out RAW photos (thanks for the tips @Urnyx05): RAW (.dng) photos now won't have washed out colors straight out of the camera.

And oh, before I forget:
    Q: Where's Google Camera v6.3?
    A: As of this writing, there had been no (very) stable public version yet, so I won't risk it. Plus other than being an unofficial version, the only significant change is Night Sight in place of Panorama in the viewfinder; nothing else.

Again, If the app is lagging or acting weird, just clear app data and follow the installation instructions described in the previous versions.

Download:
    GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.3

P.S. This will be the last version that I'll be sharing because I don't have my device anymore. Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone for all the help and support that made these ports possible :)
    GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1
    This is my first release of Google Camera v6.2.024 that I optimized for Nokia 7 Plus. Everything in v6.1 still works including photo stuff, video stuff, slow motion, photobooth, lens blur, etc. with the following notable changes.

Changelog vs v6.1 ... test6a:
    - Overall performance improvements
    - Added "About" page
    ---> added "GCam settings descriptions" to serve as a quick guide for the different GCam settings options in this port.
    - Under "GCam settings":
    ---> minor rearrangements
    ---> added toggle for Dark theme
    ---> "Use custom lib" is Xlib v3: until more libs are ported with 6.2 compatibility, this is the viable option we have for now.
    ---> "Saturation" has been simplified to three (3) options: Low, Medium, and High
    ---> Removed the following options:
    -------> "Save portraits to DCIM/Camera/": due to stability concerns
    -------> "HDR+ Enhanced frames": frame number optimizations are already applied under the hood
    -------> "Maximum brightness"

NOTE: Uninstall any previous or related versions first before installing this.

Known issues:

- Manual white balance in camera mode doesn't work, but it works in other modes, typically with tap-to-focus.
    - Some reports mention lagging of Google Photos. Clearing Photos app cache would do the trick.

Download:
    GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1
    This is more of a test version for the purpose of getting feedback. I added selections for camera model and denoise multiplier for front and rear cameras. I would really appreciate it if you share your recommended camera model and denoise setting combinations here with photo comparisons/samples. Out-of-the box the defaults are set to Pixel 3 XL model for both cameras, and 100% and 400% denoise for rear and front cameras, respectively (which is, in fact, the default settings of the previous test1).
    Just to share my initial trials this evening, the Pixel 2 XL model was the best for my taste. That's just me, and again, I'd appreciate if you share your settings here with photo samples.

GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.2
    Changelog vs test1.1:
    - Added front and rear camera model selections.*
    - Added front and rear denoise multiplier selections.
    *only Pixel 3 XL model supports Pixel 3 AWB.

NOTE: Fresh install or clear data after installation is highly recommended.

Known issues:

- Tap-to-focus in video mode breaks autofocus; switch modes/cameras to get it working again.
    - Manual white balance in camera mode doesn't work, but it works in other modes, typically with tap-to-focus.
    - If Google Photos app lags, try clearing the app cache.

Download:
    GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.2

P.S. I'll be taking a break from coding for a while. I have to send my device to the service center since its loosened charging port is getting worse. I've no idea when the device will return, but in the meantime your feedback and photos are very much appreciated. Thanks!

Changes vs. test2.4 :
    - Added launcher shortcut for Photobooth: this only appears in a some 3rd party launchers like Nova + Sesame (see attached screenshot 2) and Microsoft launcher because the stock launcher (and most other launchers) can only show up to 4 shortcuts max. (I tried adding a 6th, but it won't show up. Oh well, I guess 5 is enough haha)

Known issues:

Download: