G970U and G970U1 Firmware Links Here

Search This thread

freddie813

Aug 8, 2010
NA
I am going to flash my Verizon S10e to Unlocked tonight.

Wish me luck!
Do it I dare you.

Quick question. Do I still get OTA updates afterwards or I will have to flash any new updates using Odin myself going forward? I already flashed my S10 Plus from U1 to U.
You will receive OTA updates just as you would on your original firmware.

If I am on the Verizon build with the patch ASBA, do I need to flash using the new U1 firmware that contains the ASBA patch or can I just install the original (wipe all data) and then it will patch \ I can download and install the patch?

Just wondering.

First time doing this -- I do ADB commands and I've installed from SD card before to get patches faster but I am using Odin for the first time and making sure I download the correct U1 file to apply to my phone.
As far as I know, you can flash the original. But why not install Samfirm or Frija and use it to download the ASBA U1 firmware?

Also, no worries about ODIN, it is easier than ADB. I don't think it could get much easier/simpler besides not having to put the phone into download mode, or manually selecting the AP/BL/CP/CSC files.

vonDubenshire

Feb 10, 2018
USA
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
LG Nexus 5X
Do it I dare you.

You will receive OTA updates just as you would on your original firmware.

As far as I know, you can flash the original. But why not install Samfirm or Frija and use it to download the ASBA U1 firmware?

Also, no worries about ODIN, it is easier than ADB. I don't think it could get much easier/simpler besides not having to put the phone into download mode, or manually selecting the AP/BL/CP/CSC files.
Thanks. Meant to do it last night but life interrupted.

I'll let you know how it goes!

vonDubenshire

Feb 10, 2018
USA
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
LG Nexus 5X
I flashed my S10 Plus unlocked U1 version to the AT&T variant of the U version firmware. Right now I am on G975USQU1ASAT. I believe the G975UQU1ASBA is the newest update. I don't see the update on my phone via OTA though.

Sometimes that happens. I sometimes get my Verizon OTA updates from the system updater several days later than other people.

It might also be because your phone changed firmware so it isn't showing up yet -- but will.

You could also apply the update manually.

freddie813

Aug 8, 2010
NA
Yep, I think after flashing it takes a few days for it to catch up, but you'll receive OTAs eventually. Just keep checking/refreshing.

vonDubenshire

Feb 10, 2018
USA
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
LG Nexus 5X
Yep, I think after flashing it takes a few days for it to catch up, but you'll receive OTAs eventually. Just keep checking/refreshing.

I flashed my S10 Plus unlocked U1 version to the AT&T variant of the U version firmware. Right now I am on G975USQU1ASAT. I believe the G975UQU1ASBA is the newest update. I don't see the update on my phone via OTA though.

Hey everyone,

I am at work with a not-so-busy schedule today, so I brought my laptop because I cannot install the Samsung USB drivers on my work Windows PC (restricted).

Is it possible for me to use Heimdall instead of Odin to flash my S10e?

I am downloading the SM-970U1 firmware to put on my Verizon S10e. I am using Chrome Remote Desktop from my Macbook (my Windows 10 PC desktop at home is available, I just can't plug my phone in while at work).

Screenshot of what I am downloading to flash:

https://vgy.me/u/T1CebN (attached the screenshot also)

So I guess I am asking:

1) Can I use Heimdall instead of Odin and not worry?

2) Am I downloading the right firmware from SamFirm?

I think I am about to have success if Heimdall works.

Oh, one more question.

3) If I am going from Verizon carrier to Unlocked (U1) what do I need to specify for the "manual" options if I do have to use Odin? Unsure if Heimdall is the same, I haven't installed it yet.

Attachments

• SamFirm_eqPjwgUX5t.png
    SamFirm_eqPjwgUX5t.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 208

freddie813

Aug 8, 2010
NA
Looks like the firmware you are downloading is the verizon specific firmware. In the region box, instead of VZW try USC. I believe USC is the US unlocked region code. When I downloaded the US unlocked firmware Friday, I had to use the manual code to find it. If using Auto and USC code does not work, proceed to this next step:
In manual mode, try: G970U1UEU1ASBA/G970U1OYM1ASBA/G970U1UEU1ASBA.
I don't have access to Samfirm right now to try it myself, but I used manual #s G970U1UEU1ASAU/G970U1OYM1ASAU/G970U1UEU1ASAU and was able to download the SAU firmware when I did my install. I'm not sure if changing the "SAU" at the end to "SBA" would be the right way to find the SBA unlocked firmware, so try it.

Oh, and I don't know about Heimdall, never heard of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: vonDubenshire

vonDubenshire

Feb 10, 2018
USA
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
LG Nexus 5X
Yes, sorry! Let us know if it works

Success on getting the right firmware. Thanks for that.

https://vgy.me/u/ZjsevU (screenshot link)

I am downloading it on my Windows PC at home right now. I think I will drive home for a late lunch and plug in my S10e and flash it -- with success I hope. I already backed up everything on SmartSwitch

Actually, question!

Is USC the code for US Cellular? I thought I saw that the U1 unlocked would be XAA

Last edited:

freddie813

Aug 8, 2010
NA
Success on getting the right firmware. Thanks for that.

https://vgy.me/u/ZjsevU (screenshot link)

I am downloading it on my Windows PC at home right now. I think I will drive home for a late lunch and plug in my S10e and flash it -- with success I hope. I already backed up everything on SmartSwitch

Actually, question!

Is USC the code for US Cellular? I thought I saw that the U1 unlocked would be XAA
I think you're right about that now that you mention it. I guess you can't test it now while you're downloading, but I don't know if XAA will work. I know that I tried XAA and USC on Friday and it didn't have any results. Hence why I used manual mode instead.

Reactions: vonDubenshire

vonDubenshire

Feb 10, 2018
USA
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
LG Nexus 5X
Yes, sorry! Let us know if it works

I think you're right about that now that you mention it. I guess you can't test it now while you're downloading, but I don't know if XAA will work. I know that I tried XAA and USC on Friday and it didn't have any results. Hence why I used manual mode instead.

Oh -- is region unimportant if I am putting the other 3 fields with the number I am looking for? did not realize that

vonDubenshire

Feb 10, 2018
USA
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
LG Nexus 5X
As far as I know, region does not matter if you are in manual mode. If you want to play it absolutely safe, cancel the download and correct the region code. But I am pretty sure it doesn't matter. Sorry to steer you wrong

No way, you're super helpful. Answered questions.

I am going to try it -- I will let you all know how it works in a little bit.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

As far as I know, region does not matter if you are in manual mode. If you want to play it absolutely safe, cancel the download and correct the region code. But I am pretty sure it doesn't matter. Sorry to steer you wrong

One more question:

do I need the "modded" Odin? Sorry for so many questions I just want to do it right and I am reading too much before I can get to my computer.

When converting from one U firmware to another U firmware of a different carrier, you can not directly flash from one to the other. You need Modded or Patched ODIN 3.13.3, which bypasses the firmware version check. You need to flash with the modded or patched ODIN directly to the U1 XAA non-carrier firmware first, which does not contain a Userdata file. Always delete the HOME_CSC to ensure you don't use it. It will bork the conversion. Modded and Patched ODIN look exactly the same and work exactly the same outside of skipping the firmware check. You do not need to change any of the default options when cross-flashing! Flash your W or U firmware to the U1 XAA firmware.

freddie813

Aug 8, 2010
NA
Yes, you need the modded ODIN. Also, unzip the firmware file once it's downloaded. In it should be an AP, CP, CSC, Home_CSC and BL files.

1. Ensure your phone drivers are installed.
  2. Turn the phone off
  3. Boot your phone into Download mode.
  4. Open Modded ODIN
  5. Connect USB cable. Once your PC recognizes the phone, ODIN will show COM0 (I think COM0) near the top left corner.
  6. Click on BL button, navigate to the BL file from the download and select it.
  7. Do the same for AP and CP files.
  8. For CSC, select the CSC file from the download, NOT the Home_CSC. Pretty sure you leave the USER_DATA blank, although I always second guess myself when trying to help others.
  9. Once you have the 4 files selected, hit start. It'll take a few minutes for it to transfer and flash the files..

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Few thoughts on the most recent exchange:

1. Heimdall is a Linux tool, I'm pretty sure - I don't think a Windows version exists. Need to use Odin if you're on Windows

2. USC is US Cellular's CSC. The US unlocked model is G970U1, with various CSCs.

3. Technically you can plug any carrier's region into SamFirm to get U1 firmware, but you won't get any bloat regardless of which version you go with. The different regions might give you small carrier customizations to the settings layout, but otherwise I don't think there's much difference. I always use XAA if I'm downloading U1, but I really don't think it matters much

vonDubenshire

Feb 10, 2018
USA
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
LG Nexus 5X
I would like to thank everyone who helped me since this was my first time attempting a real flash and not just an ADB command or updating with a patch, I have never done anything I thought could hurt but I am a little skeptical because of the carrier to unlocked thing.

No issues!

Freddie's assistance around lunch time was perfect. I was done within the hour and installed some apps on WiFi and headed back to work.

Yes, you need the modded ODIN. Also, unzip the firmware file once it's downloaded. In it should be an AP, CP, CSC, Home_CSC and BL files.

1. Ensure your phone drivers are installed.
  2. Turn the phone off
  3. Boot your phone into Download mode.
  4. Open Modded ODIN
  5. Connect USB cable. Once your PC recognizes the phone, ODIN will show COM0 (I think COM0) near the top left corner.
  6. Click on BL button, navigate to the BL file from the download and select it.
  7. Do the same for AP and CP files.
  8. For CSC, select the CSC file from the download, NOT the Home_CSC. Pretty sure you leave the USER_DATA blank, although I always second guess myself when trying to help others.
  9. Once you have the 4 files selected, hit start. It'll take a few minutes for it to transfer and flash the files..

Thanks so much, this was perfect and worked flawlessly.

My phone is now a 970U1UEU1ASBA build.

It does say that my "Service Provider SW ver" has a SAOMC with VZW in the name and then at the bottom of that section it says VZW/VZW/VZW.

It looks like I have WIFI CALLING as well as VoLTE. I have zero Verizon apps.

The unlocked version cannot uninstall Facebook but I will do that via ADB this afternoon.

I also noticed I gained a few things that did not exist for me on Verizon's. I don't use Verizon's "Caller ID" crap but now I have a caller ID \ spam protection service that Samsung offers through Hiya. That's cool.

There is also a "Visual Voicemail" - I don't use Verizon's voicemail because I forward my VM to a Google Voice number on "DND" so I can have unlimited voicemail and Google e-mails me a transcript of it that I can use at a later date. Is VMM any good? Didn't know about this, only seen it mentioned from other people but thought it was something for specific carriers.

I don't know if GBoard Beta updated or what but my Google icon on there looks a bit different, too.

Anyway, thank you so much -- you guys rock, and especially Freddie. Now I'll flash all the time.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Few thoughts on the most recent exchange:

1. Heimdall is a Linux tool, I'm pretty sure - I don't think a Windows version exists. Need to use Odin if you're on Windows

2. USC is US Cellular's CSC. The US unlocked model is G970U1, with various CSCs.

3. Technically you can plug any carrier's region into SamFirm to get U1 firmware, but you won't get any bloat regardless of which version you go with. The different regions might give you small carrier customizations to the settings layout, but otherwise I don't think there's much difference. I always use XAA if I'm downloading U1, but I really don't think it matters much

I wanted to add to this and let Freddie also know -- I tried three different "unlocked" firmwares through this process and all 3 ended up giving me the exact same ZIP file with the same contents. It is completely transparent -- the USC and XAA and whatever I put in my original question are all the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: freddie813

mikespy13

Mar 14, 2019
Please advise...
I have an G970U1 10e and am trying to flash USERDATA from AT&T

I used latest ODIN 3.13.1
I flashed the CSC, CP, AP, BL & AT&T USERDATA all at the same time and it passed and flashed but nothing changed on my phone. I do not have any ATAT bloatware. Phone is exactly as was G970U1.

What did i do wrong? Do i need to flash USERDATA from ATAT by itself? OR use a different ODIN?

UPDATE: I got it to work! i had used the SAU files with the atat SAT. Once i used all files with SAT extension it flashed again and passed but now with atat bloat.
ROOKIE MISTAKE LOL

Last edited:

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008
I was just in t-mobile store and looked at their version of S10e. VVM was not available in the dialer and there was no setting for t-mobile digits. Possible that the SIM card was not properly activated, but it did have service. One thing I did notice is how much bloat it had! 20 extra apps or so that went across 3 pages in the app drawer. It is possible that some apps were installed by visitors, but the account needed a password when I tried to download an app. In other words the junk could be real.

I think you won't be missing much staying with unlocked firmware :) at least for now

I have 2 phones at home, my pixel 2 that I use and iPhone 7 that is sitting in the box. I wanted to trade in my pixel 2 to t-mobile, but it is not eligible, but I want to keep iPhone as I don't need 2 android phones

I'm going back to OnePlus 6t for now. S10e is nice but I miss my battery life it's very good on this but better on op6t!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who don't know, G970U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Galaxy S10e. The G970U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

Manual Odin flashing is designed for those who:

- want to manually update to a newer version of U firmware on their U device, either because they don't want to wait for their carrier's OTA or because OTAs aren't working on their device, or a different carrier got a new feature/patch before they did
    - want to flash U1 firmware to their U device
    - want to convert from U1 firmware to carrier U firmware
    - want to convert from one carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware) to a different carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware)

For those who aren't already aware, anyone can now download firmware for almost any Samsung device any time that they want, via SamFirm or Frija. There are threads and info about them here on XDA so I won't waste time explaining - do a search if you're not already familiar with these tools. But they only provide whatever the latest/newest/current version is - nothing older. I pay for a subscription to a site that gets the official releases (usually) before they hit SamFirm/Frija, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model - so I won't be uploading every single version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit SamFirm/Frija.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" -type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of those "beginner's" guides- there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290639
    U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290640
    (Quebec tends to be the fastest download mirror, if it gives you that option)

Notes:

- I compress extra small for space and bandwith savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- I remove the .md5 from each file solely for faster flashing (Odin won't check the file integrity without it). Rest assured, the files are perfectly fine and safe - Odin has a million safechecks built in.

- My naming method for folders is: build - bootloader - Android version.

So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Any zips with "wipe" in the title do not have a HOME CSC included.
    NOTE: With initial release, HOME CSC was not included by default, so I created it myself. Should flash fine, but until noted by someone in the thread, it has not been tested.

- I have identical threads for the S10 and S10+ as well

- Since AT&T doesn't allow their firmware to be publicly available (for any of their devices), I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for AT&T (and Cricket, if they get this model). I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For identifying USERDATAS, and to know what region/CSC to use in SamFirm/Frija:

AIO = Cricket (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
    ATT = AT&T (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
    BST = Boost Mobile
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    SPR = Sprint
    TMB = T-Mobile
    TMK = Metro PCS
    USC = US Cellular
    VZW = Verizon (available via SamFirm/Frija, but Manual Entry is required - Auto will not work)
    XAA = U1 firmware

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
    1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
    2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
    3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
    4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want
    So I just got my Verizon S10e and I'm trying to get the T-Mobile firmware on it so I can use T-Mobile features (RCS and video calling). No matter what T-Mobile firmware I flash, it doesn't seem to actually apply. The flash succeeds but I keep getting the VZW boot screen and carrier apps.

After flash, I get the blue "Installing System Update" screen, then a reboot into recovery with an error stating it's unable to "resize (?) /data" because the permission is denied.

Edit: Got the U1 firmware to take. Gonna try flashing Tmo over it.

Edit2: That did it!. Flashed the Tmo firmware w/TMB userdata over the U1 and now I have Tmo splash and apps and functionality!
    I am out of topic but I just want to share my experience with the firmwares.
    First im not against with any updates for the phone but I accidentally press the update for the latest which is the ASJA (Philippines Carrier) and i realize it comes with a new bootloader which is S3 and the stock is U1.

Is there anything I can downgrade the bootloader so I can downgrade the complete firmware also? I want the stock firmware the first one (March 2019) because of my own preferences and I just want to stay with it. Any ways to solve this even on the near future? Glad to hear some ideas. Thanks
    This thread is only for G970U and G970U1. Please post in a different thread, that corresponds to your model number
    Please advise...
    I have an G970U1 10e and am trying to flash USERDATA from AT&T

I used latest ODIN 3.13.1
    I flashed the CSC, CP, AP, BL & AT&T USERDATA all at the same time and it passed and flashed but nothing changed on my phone. I do not have any ATAT bloatware. Phone is exactly as was G970U1.

What did i do wrong? Do i need to flash USERDATA from ATAT by itself? OR use a different ODIN?

UPDATE: I got it to work! i had used the SAU files with the atat SAT. Once i used all files with SAT extension it flashed again and passed but now with atat bloat.
    ROOKIE MISTAKE LOL
    Here's the procedure that worked best on the S9s, to convert firmware on a U model:

1. Wipe in recovery -->reboot bootloader-->flash U1 firmware
    2. Upon boot, watch for the popup that says "your device will restart to apply new carrier settings", and do it. Make sure your desired SIM is inserted for this step.
    3. After that finishes, power off, boot to download, and flash desired U firmware with non HOME CSC and desired U USERDATA. That should give you all the desired carrier settings - and bloatware.

Also, G973U and G973U1 firmware is now live and downloadable in SamFirm. Getting U1 (at least for now) requires manual entry - Auto will not work. U firmware is up for these carriers:

Xfinity Mobile
    Spectrum Mobile
    Sprint
    T-Mobile
    Metro
    US Cellular
    Verizon (have to use Manual entry - Auto will not work)

So going forward, I'll only be adding full builds if I can get them before they hit SamFirm, and only if there isn't build for that month already (eg. I won't add any more February builds since SBA is already up.). I will try to stay up to date on USERDATAs for AT&T and Cricket, since AT&T won't let their firmware be put on SamFirm.