How do Galaxy Buds connect with Bluetooth turned off?

Search This thread

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
How do you explain mine then?

Let me show u a video

They aren't connected, or you do have Bluetooth turned on. It's physically impossible for them to be connected with Bluetooth turned off. That's literally how they connect to the phone.

If you have Bluetooth turned off, open the Buds box, then see the prompt on the screen, this is because Bluetooth is turned back on by the Samsung SmartThings service. It can detect the Buds and it turns BLuetooth back on to connect to them.

Reactions: blackhawk

Lonath

They aren't connected, or you do have Bluetooth turned on. It's physically impossible for them to be connected with Bluetooth turned off. That's literally how they connect to the phone.

If you have Bluetooth turned off, open the Buds box, then see the prompt on the screen, this is because Bluetooth is turned back on by the Samsung SmartThings service. It can detect the Buds and it turns BLuetooth back on to connect to them.

Oh, so you are saying that, "turning off" Bluetooth doesn't really turn off Bluetooth?

Well, after it connects it is using Bluetooth obviously, the question was the part it communicating with the phone when Bluetooth was off

Last edited:

trapcoder

Sep 21, 2017
Oh, so you are saying that, "turning off" Bluetooth doesn't really turn off Bluetooth?

Well, after it connects it is using Bluetooth obviously, the question was the part it communicating with the phone when Bluetooth was off

Probably delayed cut- off after you have it disconnected.

kundanjuit

Oct 23, 2008
New Delhi
This is the feature of Bluetooth 5, called the beacon technology. So your device can communicate with bluetooth devices nearby even if the bluetooth is turned off. The bluetooth 5 offers the off state which can be utilized to request the device to turn on the bluetooth by a neighbouring device. So you saw your bluetooth turned on after the popup appeared as it used the beacon technology. The location services needs to be on for this.

Lonath

This is the feature of Bluetooth 5, called the beacon technology. So your device can communicate with bluetooth devices nearby even if the bluetooth is turned off. The bluetooth 5 offers the off state which can be utilized to request the device to turn on the bluetooth by a neighbouring device. So you saw your bluetooth turned on after the popup appeared as it used the beacon technology. The location services needs to be on for this.

Thanks for the great explanation, but if you checked my video, you would see that "Location" was turned off.
It is possible that it uses that technology you stated.

Edit - it probably uses the 'nearby device scan' setting for that instead of location

Edit 2- and yes it does, it no longer pops up when you turn off 'nearby device scan'

Last edited:

kundanjuit

Oct 23, 2008
New Delhi
Thanks for the great explanation, but if you checked my video, you would see that "Location" was turned off.
It is possible that it uses that technology you stated.

Edit - it probably uses the 'nearby device scan' setting for that instead of location

Edit 2- and yes it does, it no longer pops up when you turn off 'nearby device scan'

yes, depending on the app, it can use get the location either by location services or nearby device scan.

BabyPuncher

Nov 6, 2021
To all of the people saying your bluetooth must be on have you opened your buds pro with Bluetooth off? Obviously not if you open the case with Bluetooth wifi and nfc off it still pops up and asks if u want to connect to them I was also curious how this works and only found know it alls that know nothing

BabyPuncher

Nov 6, 2021
This is the feature of Bluetooth 5, called the beacon technology. So your device can communicate with bluetooth devices nearby even if the bluetooth is turned off. The bluetooth 5 offers the off state which can be utilized to request the device to turn on the bluetooth by a neighbouring device. So you saw your bluetooth turned on after the popup appeared as it used the beacon technology. The location services needs to be on for

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Correct I believe.
I have SmartThings, WIFi and NFC disabled at all times. If bluetooth is on, the Buds+ engage seamlessly once inserted, if bluetooth is off it needs to be turned on and reinitialized.

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
The Capital above the Lower one...
Nfc in mobile fones is like the camera and mic, you cant turn it off. the end user is shown it disabled, but nowadays, even phones tell lies. Your smoke alarm at home (scotland installing mine soon), power meters... washing machine... try turning the power meter one off!!

Or the damn smoke alarm!

It works like this:

How does your NFC bank card work?

Where is the power in the bank card?

Nuff said.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Nfc in mobile fones is like the camera and mic, you cant turn it off. the end user is shown it disabled, but nowadays, even phones tell lies. Your smoke alarm at home (scotland installing mine soon), power meters... washing machine... try turning the power meter one off!!

Or the damn smoke alarm!

It works like this:

Nuff said.
Package Disabler kills it. A adb edit will too.
I keep my N10+ on a short leash.

Reactions: Pachacouti

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
Do that with your bank card... tinfoil handbags lol... its that bad, (no offence here), you dont see Nfc as bluetooth.

Nfc apps only connect to bluetooth HARDWARE. removing the app or editing only messes with the app, not the hardware.

Edit: Keeping in mind we're almost all on OVERLAID file system... the real nfc is LIVE like your camera and mic and... bank card lol, the overlaid appears disabled.

Edit 3: in effect, john wu wants the skill set you have because if you COULD turn off, you'd have the answer to root he needs.

I say this with respect to both you and wu.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Do that with your bank card... tinfoil handbags lol... its that bad, (no offence here), you dont see Nfc as bluetooth.

Nfc apps only connect to bluetooth HARDWARE. removing the app or editing only messes with the app, not the hardware.
Don't know, never use it. It's also turned off in settings... I like my Android's dumb.
As far as I can tell it's fully disabled.
Lol, I have a RF shielded wallet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-223258_Package Disabler Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-223258_Package Disabler Pro.jpg
    938.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20211105-224332_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-224332_Settings.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Pachacouti

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
you posted while I was editing. :)

Edit: Keeping in mind we're almost all on OVERLAID file system... the real nfc is LIVE like your camera and mic and... bank card lol, the overlaid appears disabled.

Edit 3: in effect, john wu wants the skill set you have because if you COULD turn off, you'd have the answer to root he needs.

I say this with respect to both you and wu.

I dont trust fones, so dont trust their claims.

Put your fone in the wallet, haha, respect ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How do you explain mine then?

Let me show u a video

Or the damn smoke alarm!

It works like this:

Nuff said.

Or the damn smoke alarm!

It works like this:

Nuff said.
    Package Disabler kills it. A adb edit will too.
    I keep my N10+ on a short leash.

Don't know, never use it. It's also turned off in settings... I like my Android's dumb.
    As far as I can tell it's fully disabled.
    Lol, I have a RF shielded wallet.