[OFFICIAL] Google Camera Mod Thread for OnePlus 5/T

Search This thread

oVeRdOsE.

Sep 19, 2011
MTL
Interesting. Did you figure it out why it's not working ?

no, I didn't dig into it. Portrait mode on gcam are taking picture, but there's no difference from picture taken with ''camera'' mode. no improved depth effect at all.

edit : Ive done some test, looks like its working only on people.... in fact I was using portrait mode for objects, its gives a better focus when its time to sell stuff online

On OP6 and OP6t it will NEVER work on objects. It is an algorithmically created fake bokeh added around the subject, which again is identified algorithmically. As all objects are objects an algorithm cannot know that a thing is your subject and distinguish it from other things
It works on pixels because they use multiple pixel focusing (or whatever the name) which is a different sensor tech not present on the OP (they have two cams for that).

But if you want "portrait mode" on objects open your GCam with the "take video" shortcut and you'll see that instead of the "portrait" mode you have "lens blur"... That works great on objects as the depth is intended with one single sensor that moves, not two sensors or multiple points on a single sensor like in the recent pixel...

Tapatalk'ed over the intertubes from my awesome enchilada

Last edited:

ShubhamGurjar22

Jul 6, 2018
OnePlus 5T
WHEN I CLICK night sight phone This appear
Device is non rooted
All settings are default.

Help me

* Edit -: photo not upload i dont know why
Photo is like gradent colour and pink color photo also

Last edited:

hadaug

Jan 14, 2019
Been having problems with this recently and haven't found any solutions/answers anywhere for it. Problem persists on all versions I install. Running latest CRdroid ROM, rooted, and have the lib fix module.

Back camera seems to be completely broken. Night view doesn't even show anything in the viewfinder. The standard camera just saves plain green blank pictures with HDR off. HDR on "locks" the shutter button in so it can't be used anymore, and HDR enhanced stutters the app. Front camera same deal with the HDR, but I can take non-HDR photos and selfie portrait mode works just fine. Any idea what may have caused this and a fix? It literally just happened out of nowhere when I was trying to take some photos at a concert and I haven't been able to fix. I even completely wiped and reinstalled everything on my phone.

Reactions: TornSack

Mr. Cube

Mar 12, 2016
Tried latest 2 released versions from this thread on my 5T with LineageOS 16 and magisk fix and the XML files but sadly front cam takes weird pictures in all modes and back cam doesn't even take photos:(

Any ideas? :confused:

tobby88

Jul 4, 2012
Hanover
OnePlus 5
Tried latest 2 released versions from this thread on my 5T with LineageOS 16 and magisk fix and the XML files but sadly front cam takes weird pictures in all modes and back cam doesn't even take photos:(

Any ideas? :confused:

(Nearly the) Same here on my OnePlus 5. Thought my phone is broken :D

Front camera works. Back camera doesn't take any pictures with HDR/HDR+. With HDR disables it does take "pictues" but they are all green. Not a green tint, but all green. Like opening paint, take the fill tool, choose green and click once to fill the whole image.

No change with or without the library fix.

I think with an older build of LineageOS 16.0 it worked, but I'm not sure anymore...

Tried with or without libraries fix, tried MGC_v.5.3.015_Namok_Urnyx05-v1.0.apk, MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-TlnNeun_Urnyx05-v4.0.apk and MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-TlnNeun_Urnyx05-v3.9a.apk. Imported the 1.3, 1.4 and 5.3 XMLs. And gave up ^^

Mr. Cube

Mar 12, 2016
(Nearly the) Same here on my OnePlus 5. Thought my phone is broken :D

Front camera works. Back camera doesn't take any pictures with HDR/HDR+. With HDR disables it does take "pictues" but they are all green. Not a green tint, but all green. Like opening paint, take the fill tool, choose green and click once to fill the whole image.

No change with or without the library fix.

I think with an older build of LineageOS 16.0 it worked, but I'm not sure anymore...

Tried with or without libraries fix, tried MGC_v.5.3.015_Namok_Urnyx05-v1.0.apk, MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-TlnNeun_Urnyx05-v4.0.apk and MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-TlnNeun_Urnyx05-v3.9a.apk. Imported the 1.3, 1.4 and 5.3 XMLs. And gave up ^^

I thought this camera mod will work on all OnePlus 5/5T ROMs? :eek:

So there's no way to get it working?:confused:

I tried it before on OOS, was really blown away by the photo quality in low light conditions.

Zraxonix

Jan 29, 2017
I thought this camera mod will work on all OnePlus 5/5T ROMs? :eek:

So there's no way to get it working?:confused:

I tried it before on OOS, was really blown away by the photo quality in low light conditions.

I use lineageOS 16 and it is working for me...

I'm using this app:
MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-TlnNeun_Urnyx05-v4.0.apk (latest 6.1 from Urnyx)

This settings:
Urnyx05-settings-v1.4.xml
(latest from Urnyx)

And this Magisk module:
Oneplus 5T Camera Libraries v3.0

Also I use buffer fix from app.

Hope this helps

Urnyx05

Mar 25, 2018
New version of GCam 6.1.021 is out!

Changelog:
- Added shortcuts (thanks BackRider and Arnova)
- Added the option to show/hide manual focus slider
- Improved a bit quality in low light
- Cleaned up code (don't worry, it hasn't become the new "General bug fixes and improvements" XD)

Here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!ouJ0TIDD!u4kBaeYF7ybtw_ta-1h9RZ4IXlPWxDBGWW4HNpOpi7s

WARNING:
- Photos on HDR+ Enhanced won't work with Black Level Offset to 0, use 150.

Feedmeeeee

Feb 24, 2016
Ankara

Changelog:
- Added shortcuts (thanks BackRider and Arnova)
- Added the option to show/hide manual focus slider
- Improved a bit quality in low light
- Cleaned up code (don't worry, it hasn't become the new "General bug fixes and improvements" XD)

Here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!ouJ0TIDD!u4kBaeYF7ybtw_ta-1h9RZ4IXlPWxDBGWW4HNpOpi7s

WARNING:
- Photos on HDR+ Enhanced won't work with Black Level Offset to 0, use 150.
Thanks devvvv. Is there have to be new version of settings.xml or can we use old one ?

Also, guys I'm watching thread since the new focus toggle launched i guess it was 3.9 version of urny but i didnt see anything about it or i missed. So, what is this thing the thing is on the bottom left side of viewdinder. Where can i use it ?

Last edited:

simcax

May 2, 2011
I don't know why, but it seems there is no actual high dynamic range processing. The so called "overexposure" problem is not that, it's just normal dynamic range photos instead of hdr.

Reactions: reynart

Urnyx05

Mar 25, 2018
Thanks devvvv. Is there have to be new version of settings.xml or can we use old one ?

Also, guys I'm watching thread since the new focus toggle launched i guess it was 3.9 version of urny but i didnt see anything about it or i missed. So, what is this thing the thing is on the bottom left side of viewdinder. Where can i use it ?
Xml v.1.4 is good.
The slider on the bottom left is manual focus. Just select the distance you want and then tap on the screen to apply changes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would be great if this fix would be updated for Android 14.
    Yes, I've already updated the zip and a test version is available. Just waiting on final checks and once everything checks out, I'll update this thread as well. :)
    EDIT: Updated information is now maintained in the first post.
    google-camera-small.png

Google Camera Mod for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) and 5T (dumpling)

1. Camera HAL Confusion
    a. Camera HAL Basics
    • First, let's understand what a camera HAL is. A camera HAL is what allows a ROM to "talk to" the camera hardware; without it, the camera would be non-functional. Think of the camera HAL as the steering wheel and pedals of a car. The steering wheel/pedals allow for control of the internal components of the vehicle by providing an external interface for the driver (the ROM) to make use of the internal components.
    • At present, the source code of the camera HAL included in OxygenOS has not been released by OnePlus. Instead, OnePlus has compiled that source code and shipped it on the OnePlus 5/5T as a BLOB (Binary Large OBject). This has been a major setback for custom ROM developers because having access to the camera HAL source would make porting the stock OnePlus Camera to a custom ROM a much easier endeavour.
    b. Camera HAL, Google Camera Mod and Root Requirements
    • The latest releases of the mod require you to be rooted (as you mandatorily need to install DotFix, which contains a modified camera HAL compatible with the latest releases) or the pictures that you click will come out with pink/purple/green tint on them, or will have a dotted pattern on them, or the camera might not work at all. So if you're rooted, then you're good to go. However, if you're unrooted (and prefer staying that way), then you can still use an specific version of the mod which works fine (with a few issues/restrictions, of course). All the downloads for rooted as well as non-rooted users are in the next post in the thread (post # 2).
    2. Known Bugs and Workarounds
    [Unrooted Only] Dotted Pattern Overlay
    • Issue - A dotted pattern overlay is visible in the HDR+ pictures (when completely zoomed in)
    • Resolution - You have to root, install DotFix as well as the recommended version for rooted users from point 3
    [Unrooted Only] Front Camera HDR+/Portrait Mode Non Operational/Captures Distorted Pink/Purple/Green Lines
    • Issue - Front camera captures distorted pink/purple/green lines while using HDR+ or Portrait Mode
    • Resolution - You have to root, install DotFix as well as the recommended version for rooted users from point 3
    [Rooted Only] HDR+ Front Camera Pictures Restricted to 4.0 Megapixels
    • Issue - HDR+ pictures that are clicked with the front camera are restricted to 4.0 megapixels, even though the maximum resolution of 15.9 megapixels is selected for the front camera under settings
    • Resolution - None available yet; details of why this is the case are mentioned in this post
    [Both] Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) Non Operational
    • Issue - Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) doesn't work
    • Resolution - None available yet
    [Both] DotFix Magisk Module Incompatible with Audio Mods
    • Issue - Some audio mods interfere with the DotFix Magisk module due to which they don't work as intended
    • Resolution - Uninstall the audio mods or try setting SELinux to permissive using SELinux Switch from this post of mine.
    More troubleshooting tips and tricks are present here and here. You can also read the Telegram channel's FAQ here.
    3. Important Notes and Links
    a. Important Notes
    • Everytime you change a settings, make sure you force-close and swipe it away from recents, and then restart the app so that the new settings are applied correctly. A sure shot way to make sure the settings have applied is to restart your phone.
    b. Links
    • Complete list of all Google Camera Mod ports: Link
    • Capturing a logcat if you're facing a crash when opening/using the Google Camera Mod: Link
    • Useful files and tools: Link
    • Photo comparison samples: Link
    4. Post Update Information and Credits
    a. Post Update Information
    • Last Updated: 23rd June 2021
    b. Credits
    • @B-S-G, for doing the initial port and bring us Google Camera's HDR+ to multiple devices
    • @Arnova8G2, for all the work he's done and still continues to do to bring us these ports
    • @defcomg, for the front camera Portrait Mode fix
    • @MrAimenify, for fixing viewfinder lag and updating libraries
    • @Urnyx05, for creating his own versions of the mod for everyone on OP5/T
    • @Nikita, for creating his own versions of the mod for everyone on OP5/T
    • @S4turno, for unknowingly inspiring me to make this post, hosting all the Google Camera Mod ports on his server, and for helping the community with updated information regarding the mod
    • @Zackptg5, for the MMT-Ex Template
    • @Adam Conway, for this great XDA article on how cameras work in custom ROMs
    • @Rohit jat, for originally creating the thread and Telegram discussion group
    • All of you guys for viewing this post

Changelog:
    - Fixed front crash in NS on Mi8
    - Added an option to change the folder where to save portrait photos
    - Replaced Savitar lib with sRGB b2
    - Replaced XLib v2 with v2S

Here is the link:
    https://mega.nz/#!0noREACT!lQBXD-mINnlCjtlEI_MKb8xBLIIBLdqpLoItrir50vo

I'm working on GCam 6.2 based on BSG, too. But, at the moment, it's still pretty buggy and unstable. So, I'm trying to fix most of the bugs.
    I realized this was never posted in this thread, so for those of you who might be wondering why Arnova8G2 has been missing in action for sometime now, it's because he met with a motorcycle accident and he's in the hospital, where smartphones and other portable electronic devices are forbidden. The accident was a major one and he's started to use the wheelchair now and hopefully with rehabilitation/physiotherapy, he'll be able to walk soon. Let's keep him in our thoughts and pray for his speedy recovery.
    New update of GCam 6.2.024 is out!

Changelog:
    - Changed base; now, it's based on cstark27
    - Added the option to change model; on front camera, only Nexus 5X hasn't got any issues on OP devices (thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Fixed portrait mode on OP5/5T
    - Fixed slow motion on OP5/5T and on devices with Snapdragon 845 and 855 (thanks to back.rider and Arnova)
    - Removed Pixel Visual Core Config
    - Removed some specific code for Pixel devices
    - Fixed black spot on OP5/5T
    - Fixed Night Sight on OP5/5T
    - Changed package name (it can be installed side by side with my GCam 6.1)
    - Removed Google Play Services dependance; now it works also without them (thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Fixed front green tint
    - Disabled Sabre (aka Super Resolution) on front camera to fix crashes on Mi9 and Mi8
    - Changed resolution of motion photos to fix some crashes on Mi9 and other devices

Here is the link:
    https://mega.nz/#!1nYBiSoT!eoHmomdHQ73REF4OnyRd_e7-ZoUlspC6pFVpgflu5Lo

KNOWN BUGS:
    - Sometimes, slow motion doesn't work
    - Photobooth doesn't work
    - It may crash on different devices from OP5/5T
    - Viewfinder lags on OP5/5T