[OFFICIAL] Google Camera Mod Thread for OnePlus 5/T

Search This thread

wahing

Jan 21, 2017
Jakarta
i think the magisk module and twrp version in the download link are the same file. please check it, because i flashed the twrp version, but it suddenly shown in magisk manager as magisk module.

JohnWrick

Jan 24, 2018
Butwal
I use Pix3lify Magisk module. I think it provide "Pixel Accent" of Pixel 3 which might be what we call "Pixel colour profile". Why not use Pixel 3 colour profile from them? Why are we still on Pixel 2 color profile? Why "OnePlus camera module" is removed ( not available anymore) from Magisk database/repository ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190406-091630.jpg
    Screenshot_20190406-091630.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 1,774
Last edited:

JohnWrick

Jan 24, 2018
Butwal
New version of GCam 6.1.021 is out!

Changelog:
- Fixed a bug in Raisr code
- Fixed crash on Redmi Note 6
- Added Noise Reduction Mode
- Added Auto Bitrate (thanks Arnova)
- Changed signing key (now it shouldn't give problems with fake positives on some antiviruses)

Here is the link: https://mega.nz/#!934yFSgR!JwjxoiXAwAmiH4RMiZ2siSWPTnso7Es_hwZluxTdzlU

WARNING:
- Uninstall previous version and later install this one
- For OP6/6T users, disable "Fix Front Green Tint", located in Colors/Black Level

Does "config" file ever get updated time to time?
Or just an app!

mmm273

Jan 16, 2011
which one is which?

1st one has better color imo, but 2nd got way more dynamic range.

something like color option of the focus point when you took the picture. 2nd one should be very easy to edit in google photo or snapseed.

First one with really bad sky is gcam. Its not usable at this point if sky look like this. Colors are also more real at second which is default camera.. I just dont understand.

zegnor

May 2, 2018
Crashing half the time

Hey there,

I am currently using MGC 6.1.021 BSG Arnova-TlnNeun Urnyx05-v4.2 with the v1.4 config from Urnyx05.

I am Rooted on Android 9.0.4 with the Lib fix and Pixel 2 Colours for Oneplus 5 and I have been experiencing constant crashes and blurry/lit up skies on HDR Enchanced, even when focused on them. By twinkering with the settings, mainly with the Autoexposure correction I halved the crashes and the skies seem normal again, but I would like a permanent solution, if there's any... as for right now I have to stand completely still, which is pretty hard with shaky hands. :)

I have been messing with it for a couple of days now, even tried different versions from different developers, but this is the only one that deemed the most stable. So any suggestions are appreciated!

vasu97

Jun 27, 2017
ahmedabad
Can someone ovehere suggest me which gcam or oos cam to use with latest official nightly? I tried many versions but none worked perfectly, well dont need perfect, anything which can do the good enough work should be fine, thanks, bdw this lineage is super smooth ( using on performance )

Pitscho

Mar 29, 2012
Hi everyone - I've updated my summary post. There are now new zips for DotFix and Pixel2Colours. The zips are now based on the Unity Installer Template by Zackptg5. This means that the zips will automatically install the correct modified libraries based on the device detected (OnePlus 5/5T).
  • Although the zip works with Magisk 18.x, but I highly recommend that you update to Magisk 19. That is because a few users reported issues which were fixed when they updated to Magisk 19.

I can confirm this. Updating to Magisk 19 solved my dots issue with the v4.0 OP5 camera fix.

Urnyx05

Mar 25, 2018

Changelog:
- Fixed crash on Lenovo K6 Note in Night Mode and zoom
- Removed "Fix Green Tint" and forced this option only on OP5/5T
- Added Auto Antibanding (thanks Fu24 who reminded me I didn't add it)
- Fixed some Russian translations

Here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!g2hkGI6a!97HcBvqH40RLFQ2MTbktezK6cqAtaC9gl6QdYWjLhbc

This one will be my last version based on GCam 6.1. Next version will be based on GCam 6.2.024

Changelog:
- Fixed crash on Lenovo K6 Note in Night Mode and zoom
- Removed "Fix Green Tint" and forced this option only on OP5/5T
- Added Auto Antibanding (thanks Fu24 who reminded me I didn't add it)
- Fixed some Russian translations

Here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!g2hkGI6a!97HcBvqH40RLFQ2MTbktezK6cqAtaC9gl6QdYWjLhbc

This one will be my last version based on GCam 6.1. Next version will be based on GCam 6.2.024
I can't install it on top of the previous version. Did you change the signature as you alluded to in the previous build?

Last edited:

raj102

Nov 16, 2015
Hi, dev my antivirus is flashing warning for the latest V4.4 . last time you said to have changed signature.

JohnWrick

Jan 24, 2018
Butwal
Installing OnePlus5&5T-DotFix-v4.0-sysover.zip from Twrp don't clarify whether I have installed/uninstalled the fix.

Both the install/uninstalled dialogue are same.

How to know everything I have flashed is working properly?

shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
Installing OnePlus5&5T-DotFix-v4.0-sysover.zip from Twrp don't clarify whether I have installed/uninstalled the fix.

Both the install/uninstalled dialogue are same.

How to know everything I have flashed is working properly?

I guess you aren't reading hard enough. :) Please check the screenshots.

Attachments

• Install.jpg
    Install.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 1,497
  • Uninstall.jpg
    Uninstall.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 1,498
Last edited:

JohnWrick

Jan 24, 2018
Butwal
If I wipe cache & dalvik after flashing zips, I hope it won't affect the things that I installed. Right?

Usually it a good/preferred option to choose to avoid bootloots. So I do that a lot

BrollyG4

Jan 14, 2011
Hello everyone,
I have GCam 6.1.021 and I can't seem to manage to make portrait to work for objects.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
If I wipe cache & dalvik after flashing zips, I hope it won't affect the things that I installed. Right?

Usually it a good/preferred option to choose to avoid bootloots. So I do that a lot
No, it's not a normal thing to do. I haven't needed to do it in years. Maybe if the developer instructs to do so.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs

Z-Blade

Jan 29, 2012
Perth
Hello everyone,
I have GCam 6.1.021 and I can't seem to manage to make portrait to work for objects.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Portrait mode was designed for taking photos of people and because of this it has special algorithms for taking photos of people. What you need is Lens Blur which is more designed for objects.

Reactions: Goutham Ganesh

ScOULaris

Mar 30, 2012
These builds all have a very choppy viewfinder on my 6T with either default settings or using the 1.4 XML.

Is there a toggle I need to flip somewhere in the settings to fix this? Arnova's 1.4 Advanced build does the same thing until I use the 6T XML, so I feel like there must be a setting affecting this behavior.

G

GuestK00315

Oneplus 6 Config Xml

I added my config which i changed some setting after finding it on xda somewhere i forgot.

It's slow but very good quality.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would be great if this fix would be updated for Android 14.
    Yes, I've already updated the zip and a test version is available. Just waiting on final checks and once everything checks out, I'll update this thread as well. :)
    EDIT: Updated information is now maintained in the first post.
    google-camera-small.png

Google Camera Mod for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) and 5T (dumpling)

1. Camera HAL Confusion
    a. Camera HAL Basics
    • First, let's understand what a camera HAL is. A camera HAL is what allows a ROM to "talk to" the camera hardware; without it, the camera would be non-functional. Think of the camera HAL as the steering wheel and pedals of a car. The steering wheel/pedals allow for control of the internal components of the vehicle by providing an external interface for the driver (the ROM) to make use of the internal components.
    • At present, the source code of the camera HAL included in OxygenOS has not been released by OnePlus. Instead, OnePlus has compiled that source code and shipped it on the OnePlus 5/5T as a BLOB (Binary Large OBject). This has been a major setback for custom ROM developers because having access to the camera HAL source would make porting the stock OnePlus Camera to a custom ROM a much easier endeavour.
    b. Camera HAL, Google Camera Mod and Root Requirements
    • The latest releases of the mod require you to be rooted (as you mandatorily need to install DotFix, which contains a modified camera HAL compatible with the latest releases) or the pictures that you click will come out with pink/purple/green tint on them, or will have a dotted pattern on them, or the camera might not work at all. So if you're rooted, then you're good to go. However, if you're unrooted (and prefer staying that way), then you can still use an specific version of the mod which works fine (with a few issues/restrictions, of course). All the downloads for rooted as well as non-rooted users are in the next post in the thread (post # 2).
    2. Known Bugs and Workarounds
    [Unrooted Only] Dotted Pattern Overlay
    • Issue - A dotted pattern overlay is visible in the HDR+ pictures (when completely zoomed in)
    • Resolution - You have to root, install DotFix as well as the recommended version for rooted users from point 3
    [Unrooted Only] Front Camera HDR+/Portrait Mode Non Operational/Captures Distorted Pink/Purple/Green Lines
    • Issue - Front camera captures distorted pink/purple/green lines while using HDR+ or Portrait Mode
    • Resolution - You have to root, install DotFix as well as the recommended version for rooted users from point 3
    [Rooted Only] HDR+ Front Camera Pictures Restricted to 4.0 Megapixels
    • Issue - HDR+ pictures that are clicked with the front camera are restricted to 4.0 megapixels, even though the maximum resolution of 15.9 megapixels is selected for the front camera under settings
    • Resolution - None available yet; details of why this is the case are mentioned in this post
    [Both] Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) Non Operational
    • Issue - Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) doesn't work
    • Resolution - None available yet
    [Both] DotFix Magisk Module Incompatible with Audio Mods
    • Issue - Some audio mods interfere with the DotFix Magisk module due to which they don't work as intended
    • Resolution - Uninstall the audio mods or try setting SELinux to permissive using SELinux Switch from this post of mine.
    More troubleshooting tips and tricks are present here and here. You can also read the Telegram channel's FAQ here.
    3. Important Notes and Links
    a. Important Notes
    • Everytime you change a settings, make sure you force-close and swipe it away from recents, and then restart the app so that the new settings are applied correctly. A sure shot way to make sure the settings have applied is to restart your phone.
    b. Links
    • Complete list of all Google Camera Mod ports: Link
    • Capturing a logcat if you're facing a crash when opening/using the Google Camera Mod: Link
    • Useful files and tools: Link
    • Photo comparison samples: Link
    4. Post Update Information and Credits
    a. Post Update Information
    • Last Updated: 23rd June 2021
    b. Credits
    • @B-S-G, for doing the initial port and bring us Google Camera's HDR+ to multiple devices
    • @Arnova8G2, for all the work he's done and still continues to do to bring us these ports
    • @defcomg, for the front camera Portrait Mode fix
    • @MrAimenify, for fixing viewfinder lag and updating libraries
    • @Urnyx05, for creating his own versions of the mod for everyone on OP5/T
    • @Nikita, for creating his own versions of the mod for everyone on OP5/T
    • @S4turno, for unknowingly inspiring me to make this post, hosting all the Google Camera Mod ports on his server, and for helping the community with updated information regarding the mod
    • @Zackptg5, for the MMT-Ex Template
    • @Adam Conway, for this great XDA article on how cameras work in custom ROMs
    • @Rohit jat, for originally creating the thread and Telegram discussion group
    • All of you guys for viewing this post

Changelog:
    - Fixed front crash in NS on Mi8
    - Added an option to change the folder where to save portrait photos
    - Replaced Savitar lib with sRGB b2
    - Replaced XLib v2 with v2S

Here is the link:
    https://mega.nz/#!0noREACT!lQBXD-mINnlCjtlEI_MKb8xBLIIBLdqpLoItrir50vo

I'm working on GCam 6.2 based on BSG, too. But, at the moment, it's still pretty buggy and unstable. So, I'm trying to fix most of the bugs.
    I realized this was never posted in this thread, so for those of you who might be wondering why Arnova8G2 has been missing in action for sometime now, it's because he met with a motorcycle accident and he's in the hospital, where smartphones and other portable electronic devices are forbidden. The accident was a major one and he's started to use the wheelchair now and hopefully with rehabilitation/physiotherapy, he'll be able to walk soon. Let's keep him in our thoughts and pray for his speedy recovery.
    New update of GCam 6.2.024 is out!

Changelog:
    - Changed base; now, it's based on cstark27
    - Added the option to change model; on front camera, only Nexus 5X hasn't got any issues on OP devices (thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Fixed portrait mode on OP5/5T
    - Fixed slow motion on OP5/5T and on devices with Snapdragon 845 and 855 (thanks to back.rider and Arnova)
    - Removed Pixel Visual Core Config
    - Removed some specific code for Pixel devices
    - Fixed black spot on OP5/5T
    - Fixed Night Sight on OP5/5T
    - Changed package name (it can be installed side by side with my GCam 6.1)
    - Removed Google Play Services dependance; now it works also without them (thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Fixed front green tint
    - Disabled Sabre (aka Super Resolution) on front camera to fix crashes on Mi9 and Mi8
    - Changed resolution of motion photos to fix some crashes on Mi9 and other devices

Here is the link:
    https://mega.nz/#!1nYBiSoT!eoHmomdHQ73REF4OnyRd_e7-ZoUlspC6pFVpgflu5Lo

KNOWN BUGS:
    - Sometimes, slow motion doesn't work
    - Photobooth doesn't work
    - It may crash on different devices from OP5/5T
    - Viewfinder lags on OP5/5T