Development /e/ OS

Search This thread

SOP3t

Feb 4, 2017
/e/ OS

The desirable, fast, open source & privacy-respecting replacement for mobile operating systems

Learn More >>

url]

Your data is YOUR data: Download /e/ OS 0.7 Nougat

/e/ OS Testing (Unofficial): Download /e/ OS 0.7 Pie

Learn More >>

url]

Get it on App Store

Get free apps on App Store, the open, privacy-awareness-spreading app store for users. Each has been scanned & analyzed by /e/ to ensure you can see if an app is privacy-respecting or not via its privacy score.

Go Fast

Stop waiting around for your phone to load. /e/ OS starts fast & stays fast. Apps are lightning quick to open & remember where you left off. Even better, /e/ OS doesn’t slow down with usage.

Open Source

/e/ respects the rights of users. All of /e/ OS is available for review, scrutiny, modification, & redistribution by anyone. Which improves security & privacy for everyone.

Source Code >>

Safe & Secure

/e/ OS is built on LineageOS+microG & provides over the air update feature, one of the most simple ways to update the system regularly.

Apps You Need, Without Ones You Don’t.

/e/ OS comes with a carefully considered set of apps that cater to every day needs so you can spend more time using your phone & less time cleaning up bloatware.

Learn More >>

Privacy-respecting. Through & through.

Your data always belongs to you, & only you. /e/ doesn’t make advertising deals or collect sensitive personal data & that’s how it should be.

Privacy Policy >>

Last edited:

SOP3t

Feb 4, 2017
I'm following /e/ since few months now. I was pretty impressed with the developer. However I'm just not sure about the stability and ofcourse, by now Pie should have been released.

Pie is in the works, stability is relative & for me it has been stable enough (both Nougat & Oreo) that I use it (Oreo) as my main mobile OS.

SOP3t

Feb 4, 2017
Which are basic apps, example
Contacts
Dialer
Messages (sms)
Calendar
Drive / Cloud Storage
Email client
Etc

As I have read it has inbuilt apps in the build.
Some are LOS apps while others are forks of apps like K9, QKSMS, etc. & a few are preinstalled like Signal, Magic Earth, etc.

sandeep_kumar

Feb 21, 2017
Indore
Installation is similar to LineageOS & no Gapps are included because /e/ OS provides alternatives to Google helping you free yourself from data slavery.

So, to have access for play store, Gmail and google contacts, what to do after flashing the ROM zip?
Please provide the information in OP and link if possible.

Reactions: SOP3t

SOP3t

Feb 4, 2017
So, to have access for play store, Gmail and google contacts, what to do after flashing the ROM zip?
Please provide the information in OP and link if possible.

There's an app store included as an alternative to play store or you can also install Aurora app store, to access Gmail you can login with your account in the preinstalled Mail app & similarly you can login with your Google account in the contacts app.
The install instructions:
1. Install latest stable firmware.
2. Install latest /e/ OS.
3. Boot into the OS.
After flashing /e/ OS you setup your device as usual with a few exceptions.

Reeb_Lam

Aug 4, 2015
Delhi
Last time I used I was not able to use applications like uber which is obvious(no play services). But I like the concept. Will be flashing it.

Reactions: SOP3t

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    /e/ OS

The desirable, fast, open source & privacy-respecting replacement for mobile operating systems

Learn More >>

url]

Your data is YOUR data: Download /e/ OS 0.7 Nougat

/e/ OS Testing (Unofficial): Download /e/ OS 0.7 Pie

Learn More >>

url]

Get it on App Store

Get free apps on App Store, the open, privacy-awareness-spreading app store for users. Each has been scanned & analyzed by /e/ to ensure you can see if an app is privacy-respecting or not via its privacy score.

Go Fast

Stop waiting around for your phone to load. /e/ OS starts fast & stays fast. Apps are lightning quick to open & remember where you left off. Even better, /e/ OS doesn’t slow down with usage.

Open Source

/e/ respects the rights of users. All of /e/ OS is available for review, scrutiny, modification, & redistribution by anyone. Which improves security & privacy for everyone.

Source Code >>

Safe & Secure

/e/ OS is built on LineageOS+microG & provides over the air update feature, one of the most simple ways to update the system regularly.

Apps You Need, Without Ones You Don’t.

/e/ OS comes with a carefully considered set of apps that cater to every day needs so you can spend more time using your phone & less time cleaning up bloatware.

Learn More >>

Privacy-respecting. Through & through.

Your data always belongs to you, & only you. /e/ doesn’t make advertising deals or collect sensitive personal data & that’s how it should be.

Privacy Policy >>
    I have just download the last version and install it and the only thing that is not working is the camera. the picture is totally unfocus .is it a normal behavíour=??

thanks

Sorry, I totally missed your post!
    The camera is working fine for me, both with the stock one (Open Camera) and GCam (Arnova version)

thanks for your work, added to Index thread

You're welcome!

Anyway, the developers provided a test build based on Pie: their intention is to update official release for OP3T to Android 9, so let's keep our fingers crossed.:fingers-crossed:
    D
    Deleted member 4405529
    a few screen shoots can help us to judge this ROM and i hope PIE is stable

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

its just lineage rom with BLISS LAUNCHER

I think if you read this: https://e.foundation/products/ (btw: first link in OP) you will learn, that /e/ is about something completely different then "just lineage rom with BLISS LAUNCHER". It's about privacy and security apart from g's monopol. Which can hardly be seen on some screenshots. The tremendous value of /e/ is under the hood. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
    Just out of curioisity: why do you place a source build rom in the how-to forum instead of the development forum?

It's confusing according to: https://xdaforums.com/htc-10/how-to/thread-t3333345

Its not made by me, this is a thread for discussing /e/ OS for OnePlus 3/3T.
    /e/ is different than LineageOS

a few screen shoots can help us to judge this ROM and i hope PIE is stable

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

its just lineage rom with BLISS LAUNCHER

TL;DR: /e/ offers replacements for various Google apps & services, an app store & strives to not using anything Google because it is privacy-respecting. While LineageOS doesn't offer replacements, an app store nor does it try to be privacy-respecting (it has Google search engine as default).

/e/ is forked from LineageOS & it has modified several parts of the system: installation procedure, settings organization, default settings, disabled and/or removed any software or services that were sending personal data to Google (for instance, the default search engine is no longer Google), integrated microG by default, have replaced some of the default applications, and modified others, added a synchronization background software service that syncs multimedia contents (pictures, videos, audio, files…) and settings to a cloud drive, when activated. Also replaced the LineageOS launcher with new launcher, written from scratch, that has a totally different look and feel from default LineageOS, implemented several /e/ online services, with a single /e/ user identity (user@e.email). It has added an account manager within the system with support for the single identity. It allows users to log only once, with a simple “user@e.email” identity, for getting access to /e/’s various online services (drive, email, calendar, notes tasks). Just like AOSP-Android is forking the Linux kernel work, just like LineageOS is forking AOSP work, /e/ is forking LineageOS work. /e/’s focus is on the final end-user experience, and less on the hardware. When thinking about LineageOS vs /e/, think about Debian vs Ubuntu.