Photo Comparison, Open Camera, GCam xtreme, Stock Cam, Focus Test Chart

Search This thread

picitup

Jan 9, 2011
Deal
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Hi All

I wanted to determine whether the 48MP mode of the camera was real 48MP or upscaled 12MP so I set up a focus test chart and took a bunch of photos. For completeness, I took the same photo with different lens combinations too.

It occurred that the photos may be useful to others so below is a link to the whole lot in a zip file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A_K6m9aahmQdrA0eEArExZAHiz0LkKMu

The photos are all named sensibly so hopefully you can identify each one easily. Here's the contents of the zip file:

GCam\GCam12MPTeleZoom2X.dng
GCam\GCam12MPTeleZoom2X.jpg

GCam\GCam16MPULTRAWIDE.dng
GCam\GCam16MPULTRAWIDE.jpg

GCam\GCam48MPWIDE.dng
GCam\GCam48MPWIDE.jpg

GCam\GCam48MPWIDECrop.tif
GCam\GCam48MPWIDE_Upscaled.jpg
GCam\GCam48MPWIDE_Upscaled_Crop.jpg

OpenCamera\OpenCamera48MPWIDE.dng
OpenCamera\OpenCamera48MPWIDE.jpg

OpenCamera\OpenCamera48MPWIDECrop.jpg

StockCam\GCam12MPTeleZoom2X.jpg
StockCam\StockCam16MPULTRAWIDE.jpg
StockCam\StockCam48MPWIDE.jpg

StockCam\StockCam48MPWIDECrop.jpg

As you can see, I've included some 100% crops and upscales of the crops for comparison.

I'll add more detail in the thread:

https://xdaforums.com/Mi-9/help/sony-imx586-produce-true-48mp-images-t3916583

Cheers

picitup

Jan 9, 2011
Deal
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Attached is a small version of the test chart. A full version is included in the zip above.

Attachments

• FocusTestChartSmall.png
    FocusTestChartSmall.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 768

stema84

Aug 27, 2010
that's sad :( I just ordered the mi9, thought that the mobile is not capable of reaching the full megapixel count, but it seems the stock app can, it would be nice to take a raw with that resolution.. Any updates on this?

lipi12345

Jun 18, 2019
I do not think so this is a relevant comparison, due to there is so many software bug in the camera. Please check here for some example: photos.app.goo.gl/xLMhiBJVm8EwtvVCA

picitup

Jan 9, 2011
Deal
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
that's sad :( I just ordered the mi9, thought that the mobile is not capable of reaching the full megapixel count, but it seems the stock app can, it would be nice to take a raw with that resolution.. Any updates on this?

No, sorry I banged on the xiaomi.eu developers door and they told me to contact Xiaomi directly. I filed a bug report, but got no response.

It's a pity 'cos the Gcam ports work from the RAW files and those are smaller than the max res of the front and rear sensors.

I did ask if the Gcam developers could fish out 48mp raw, but was told it can only do what the camera2 api allows.

I'm not sure where to go now....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All

I wanted to determine whether the 48MP mode of the camera was real 48MP or upscaled 12MP so I set up a focus test chart and took a bunch of photos. For completeness, I took the same photo with different lens combinations too.

It occurred that the photos may be useful to others so below is a link to the whole lot in a zip file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A_K6m9aahmQdrA0eEArExZAHiz0LkKMu

The photos are all named sensibly so hopefully you can identify each one easily. Here's the contents of the zip file:

GCam\GCam12MPTeleZoom2X.dng
    GCam\GCam12MPTeleZoom2X.jpg

GCam\GCam16MPULTRAWIDE.dng
    GCam\GCam16MPULTRAWIDE.jpg

GCam\GCam48MPWIDE.dng
    GCam\GCam48MPWIDE.jpg

GCam\GCam48MPWIDECrop.tif
    GCam\GCam48MPWIDE_Upscaled.jpg
    GCam\GCam48MPWIDE_Upscaled_Crop.jpg

OpenCamera\OpenCamera48MPWIDE.dng
    OpenCamera\OpenCamera48MPWIDE.jpg

OpenCamera\OpenCamera48MPWIDECrop.jpg

StockCam\GCam12MPTeleZoom2X.jpg
    StockCam\StockCam16MPULTRAWIDE.jpg
    StockCam\StockCam48MPWIDE.jpg

StockCam\StockCam48MPWIDECrop.jpg

As you can see, I've included some 100% crops and upscales of the crops for comparison.

I'll add more detail in the thread:

https://xdaforums.com/Mi-9/help/sony-imx586-produce-true-48mp-images-t3916583

Cheers