[OFFICIAL] Google Camera Mod Thread for OnePlus 5/T

Search This thread

governmentissuejoe

Apr 3, 2013
New version of GCam 5.3 is out!

As you probably know, ZSL doesn't work either on GCam 5.1 or on GCam 6.1. But, GCam 5.3 has partially working ZSL. I found a version from Namok that contains very interesting features if compared with other GCams 5.3 (like a kind of Night Mode, xml, manual focus, etc.). So, I decided to add support of OP5/5T, fixing also some bugs.

Changelog:
- Added OP5/5T support
- Fixed black spot
- Removed minimal smoothing

Based on MGC 5.3 from Namok

Here is the link: https://mega.nz/#!gjozlSjQ!3Tq1_NsPulWH5gz1hlAo2qDo8r-wa9HdbvuL3trFx1Y

Hey I remember reading that you had fixed the slow motion crash in namok 5.3 any chance of releasing the update?

M

Mr.C11

HI all!
I played a little with MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-TlnNeun_Urnyx05-v4.5 trying to fix the burn-in issue (didn't tried night sight). Here is my XML for OP5, feel free to try it. Feedback is welcome ?

Attachments

• mr.c-settings.09.04.22.xml
    7.5 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: slickw

shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
Hi everyone - updated my summary post. :) Changes include:
  • Updated DotFix zip to v4.2 (changes include update to the the front camera library to prevent pictures taken with the front camera from getting mirrored -- thanks to Savitar and Я over at Telegram)
  • Updated recommended version for rooted users to @Urnyx05's latest version, v4.5.
Note: The direct links may not work until @S4turno adds them to his website. Till then, the you can use the mirrors.

Telegram Group Link: https://t.me/gcamOneplus

Martezgarki

Aug 25, 2010
Hi everyone - updated my summary post. :) Changes include:
  • Updated DotFix zip to v4.2 (changes include update to the the front camera library to prevent pictures taken with the front camera from getting mirrored -- thanks to Savitar and Я over at Telegram)
  • Updated recommended version for rooted users to @Urnyx05's latest version, v4.5.
Note: The direct links may not work until @S4turno adds them to his website. Till then, the you can use the mirrors.

Telegram Group Link: https://t.me/gcamOneplus

Leaving this here in case anyone faces the same issue, I updated my GCam setup according to your recommendation today and found that my selfies for both GCam and stock Camera are inverted/mirrored. Removing DotFix v4.2 addressed that issue so I tried DotFix v4.1 instead and now they are working correctly. Before this, I was running on DotFix v3.0 and my phone is a OP5T running on OOS 9.0.4.

MrEthanOol

Apr 23, 2019
I can confirm there is a problem with dot fix 4.2. Everything is mirrrored even facebook messenger. In addition when video calling the autorotation of the camera when in landscape mode doesn't work as it used to.
Back on dot fix 4.1 it's back to normal.

lekiaM

Yeah with dotfix 4.2 i also experience a slightly difference in screen calibration in viewfinder. Its like you have to play/hold your phone more vertical or horizontal to get straight pictures. It's confusing. It's like you have to get used to it (visual). Better stay on 4.1;)

(p.s don't get me wrong, i really like the progress of the dotfixes!!!) :good:

JohnWrick

Jan 24, 2018
Butwal
I installed MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-TlnNeun_Urnyx05-v4.5.apk but when u go inside the "version" section, u still see old version v4.4 mentioned when it actually is 4.5.
Didn't anyone notice that? :confused:

Please do see the attachment mentioned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190423-215638.jpg
    Screenshot_20190423-215638.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 828
  • Screenshot_20190423-215612.jpg
    Screenshot_20190423-215612.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 828
Reactions: AstroBiswas

Urnyx05

Mar 25, 2018
New update of GCam 6.2.024 is out!

Changelog:
- Changed base; now, it's based on cstark27
- Added the option to change model; on front camera, only Nexus 5X hasn't got any issues on OP devices (thanks Arnova8G2)
- Fixed portrait mode on OP5/5T
- Fixed slow motion on OP5/5T and on devices with Snapdragon 845 and 855 (thanks to back.rider and Arnova)
- Removed Pixel Visual Core Config
- Removed some specific code for Pixel devices
- Fixed black spot on OP5/5T
- Fixed Night Sight on OP5/5T
- Changed package name (it can be installed side by side with my GCam 6.1)
- Removed Google Play Services dependance; now it works also without them (thanks Arnova8G2)
- Fixed front green tint
- Disabled Sabre (aka Super Resolution) on front camera to fix crashes on Mi9 and Mi8
- Changed resolution of motion photos to fix some crashes on Mi9 and other devices

Here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!1nYBiSoT!eoHmomdHQ73REF4OnyRd_e7-ZoUlspC6pFVpgflu5Lo

KNOWN BUGS:
- Sometimes, slow motion doesn't work
- Photobooth doesn't work
- It may crash on different devices from OP5/5T
- Viewfinder lags on OP5/5T

Last edited:

Fur007

Nov 11, 2015

Changelog:
- Added the option to change model; on front camera, only Nexus 5X hasn't got any issues on OP devices (thanks Arnova8G2)
- Fixed slow motion on OP5/5T and on devices with Snapdragon 845 and 855 (thanks to back.rider and Arnova)
- Removed Google Play Services dependance; now it works also without them (thanks Arnova8G2)
- Fixed front green tint
- Disabled Sabre (aka Super Resolution) on front camera to fix crashes on Mi9 and Mi8
- Changed resolution of motion photos to fix some crashes on Mi9 and other devices

Here is the link:

KNOWN BUGS:
Thanks! Any new setting file to apply?

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
Looks good on my 5t. Viewfinder lag, but shutter speed is as fast as oos! Need a "fix lag" settin and it'd be perfect. I'm on Derpfest rom.

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

ScOULaris

Mar 30, 2012
If you don't mind me asking, why does the viewfinder lag in these builds but not in others? What's the cause, and why can't it be fixed?

MaXAiRO

I just did some tests using both latest 6.1 with 1.4 xml and 6.2 in my OP5.

The speed for pics taken with HDR+ is now the same as stock OOS cam and it takes only 1 second for shots with HDR+ enhanced compared to ~3-4 seconds on latest 6.1.

The only drawback I noticed so far is that the darker surfaces are quite noisier in 6.2.

Also, isn't there now the "Enable auto exposure" option to use during the day to avoid overexposed parts?

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using XDA Labs

Reactions: helokki

aqeelrizni

Jan 27, 2013
Thank you for the great work as always. :)
Just a quick question, sorry if ignorant. I'm on one plus 5t gcam 6.2. Front cam green tint fix available?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would be great if this fix would be updated for Android 14.
    Yes, I've already updated the zip and a test version is available. Just waiting on final checks and once everything checks out, I'll update this thread as well. :)
    EDIT: Updated information is now maintained in the first post.
    google-camera-small.png

Google Camera Mod for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) and 5T (dumpling)

1. Camera HAL Confusion
    a. Camera HAL Basics
    • First, let's understand what a camera HAL is. A camera HAL is what allows a ROM to "talk to" the camera hardware; without it, the camera would be non-functional. Think of the camera HAL as the steering wheel and pedals of a car. The steering wheel/pedals allow for control of the internal components of the vehicle by providing an external interface for the driver (the ROM) to make use of the internal components.
    • At present, the source code of the camera HAL included in OxygenOS has not been released by OnePlus. Instead, OnePlus has compiled that source code and shipped it on the OnePlus 5/5T as a BLOB (Binary Large OBject). This has been a major setback for custom ROM developers because having access to the camera HAL source would make porting the stock OnePlus Camera to a custom ROM a much easier endeavour.
    b. Camera HAL, Google Camera Mod and Root Requirements
    • The latest releases of the mod require you to be rooted (as you mandatorily need to install DotFix, which contains a modified camera HAL compatible with the latest releases) or the pictures that you click will come out with pink/purple/green tint on them, or will have a dotted pattern on them, or the camera might not work at all. So if you're rooted, then you're good to go. However, if you're unrooted (and prefer staying that way), then you can still use an specific version of the mod which works fine (with a few issues/restrictions, of course). All the downloads for rooted as well as non-rooted users are in the next post in the thread (post # 2).
    2. Known Bugs and Workarounds
    [Unrooted Only] Dotted Pattern Overlay
    • Issue - A dotted pattern overlay is visible in the HDR+ pictures (when completely zoomed in)
    • Resolution - You have to root, install DotFix as well as the recommended version for rooted users from point 3
    [Unrooted Only] Front Camera HDR+/Portrait Mode Non Operational/Captures Distorted Pink/Purple/Green Lines
    • Issue - Front camera captures distorted pink/purple/green lines while using HDR+ or Portrait Mode
    • Resolution - You have to root, install DotFix as well as the recommended version for rooted users from point 3
    [Rooted Only] HDR+ Front Camera Pictures Restricted to 4.0 Megapixels
    • Issue - HDR+ pictures that are clicked with the front camera are restricted to 4.0 megapixels, even though the maximum resolution of 15.9 megapixels is selected for the front camera under settings
    • Resolution - None available yet; details of why this is the case are mentioned in this post
    [Both] Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) Non Operational
    • Issue - Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) doesn't work
    • Resolution - None available yet
    [Both] DotFix Magisk Module Incompatible with Audio Mods
    • Issue - Some audio mods interfere with the DotFix Magisk module due to which they don't work as intended
    • Resolution - Uninstall the audio mods or try setting SELinux to permissive using SELinux Switch from this post of mine.
    More troubleshooting tips and tricks are present here and here. You can also read the Telegram channel's FAQ here.
    3. Important Notes and Links
    a. Important Notes
    • Everytime you change a settings, make sure you force-close and swipe it away from recents, and then restart the app so that the new settings are applied correctly. A sure shot way to make sure the settings have applied is to restart your phone.
    b. Links
    • Complete list of all Google Camera Mod ports: Link
    • Capturing a logcat if you're facing a crash when opening/using the Google Camera Mod: Link
    • Useful files and tools: Link
    • Photo comparison samples: Link
    4. Post Update Information and Credits
    a. Post Update Information
    • Last Updated: 23rd June 2021
    b. Credits
    • @B-S-G, for doing the initial port and bring us Google Camera's HDR+ to multiple devices
    • @Arnova8G2, for all the work he's done and still continues to do to bring us these ports
    • @defcomg, for the front camera Portrait Mode fix
    • @MrAimenify, for fixing viewfinder lag and updating libraries
    • @Urnyx05, for creating his own versions of the mod for everyone on OP5/T
    • @Nikita, for creating his own versions of the mod for everyone on OP5/T
    • @S4turno, for unknowingly inspiring me to make this post, hosting all the Google Camera Mod ports on his server, and for helping the community with updated information regarding the mod
    • @Zackptg5, for the MMT-Ex Template
    • @Adam Conway, for this great XDA article on how cameras work in custom ROMs
    • @Rohit jat, for originally creating the thread and Telegram discussion group
    • All of you guys for viewing this post
    New version of GCam 6.1.021 is out!

Changelog:
    - Fixed front crash in NS on Mi8
    - Added an option to change the folder where to save portrait photos
    - Replaced Savitar lib with sRGB b2
    - Replaced XLib v2 with v2S

Here is the link:
    https://mega.nz/#!0noREACT!lQBXD-mINnlCjtlEI_MKb8xBLIIBLdqpLoItrir50vo

I'm working on GCam 6.2 based on BSG, too. But, at the moment, it's still pretty buggy and unstable. So, I'm trying to fix most of the bugs.
    I realized this was never posted in this thread, so for those of you who might be wondering why Arnova8G2 has been missing in action for sometime now, it's because he met with a motorcycle accident and he's in the hospital, where smartphones and other portable electronic devices are forbidden. The accident was a major one and he's started to use the wheelchair now and hopefully with rehabilitation/physiotherapy, he'll be able to walk soon. Let's keep him in our thoughts and pray for his speedy recovery.

Changelog:
    - Fixed front green tint

Here is the link:

KNOWN BUGS: