[APP][5.0+] Libre Music - A FOSS Media Player With CUE Sheet Support

Search This thread

dannydamsky

Feb 22, 2014
Why Libre Music?
Basically, I've been fed up with the monopoly on Android music players that have CUE sheet support and I took it upon myself to make a media player that will be free, open source, and will support CUE sheets as well as other things which I have planned for the future. Media players with cue sheet support on the Play Store either cost money or have ads, except for AIMP, but I don't like AIMP for other reasons. In addition none of the media players with CUE sheet support are open source and there's no documentation at all on how to add CUE sheet support to your media player.

Features
  • Support for all popular music formats (MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc...)
  • Support for CUE sheets and CUE sheets embedded in audio files.
  • Modern, simple material design
  • Light and Dark themes
  • More to come!

Download Link:

Bitbucket Source Code

Screenshots:
unnamed3.jpg unnamed4.jpg unnamed2.jpg unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

Fst34

Apr 30, 2019
Why do you need Phone autorisation ?

Hello,

It's all in the title, why do you need the phone's authorization? Only to find out who uses your application for testing? Will you delete this authorization request in stable version?

While waiting for your answer, let's test this application :)

Sincerely.

elswerky

Dec 11, 2015
Realme 2 pro
Arabic mp3 files names typed incorrectly and no folder preview

first : arabic words of names of songs not typed correctly

second : No option to see mp3 files by folders

these two options which matters me and not pr sent in this app

Third : no need to access call and contact permission

Reactions: droidosuser

droidosuser

Nov 29, 2017
t.me
Why app should be access to phone contact and calls? And pls add option to choose color accent

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro using XDA Labs

Jim Ford

Aug 24, 2018
Looked promising, but it ignores cue sheets/files on my installation - but thanks for the effort.

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I thought I'd try this, but as soon as I opened it the app demanded access to my phone - not storage, which obviously I'm ok with, but permission to make phone calls? When I denied this permission, the app simply closed.
Given the current furore about an Israeli company's product being used to inject spyware into Whatsapp, there is no way in the world that I'm going to grant this permission, so I've uninstalled the app without even being able to try it. Shame.
Edit: I saw a comment that the app needs phone access to mute music when a call come in. However, Poweramp does not make a phone access permission request.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why Libre Music?
    Basically, I've been fed up with the monopoly on Android music players that have CUE sheet support and I took it upon myself to make a media player that will be free, open source, and will support CUE sheets as well as other things which I have planned for the future. Media players with cue sheet support on the Play Store either cost money or have ads, except for AIMP, but I don't like AIMP for other reasons. In addition none of the media players with CUE sheet support are open source and there's no documentation at all on how to add CUE sheet support to your media player.

Features
    • Support for all popular music formats (MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc...)
    • Support for CUE sheets and CUE sheets embedded in audio files.
    • Modern, simple material design
    • Light and Dark themes
    • More to come!

Download Link:

Bitbucket Source Code

Screenshots:
    unnamed3.jpg unnamed4.jpg unnamed2.jpg unnamed.jpg
    Please add function to play from folders. A lot of music are not kept in album folders only.
    Arabic mp3 files names typed incorrectly and no folder preview

first : arabic words of names of songs not typed correctly

second : No option to see mp3 files by folders

these two options which matters me and not pr sent in this app

Third : no need to access call and contact permission