[ROM][9.0][beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2019/12/12]

Search This thread

slikv55

Thank you very much, sir. This ROM is getting more and more perfect. The new features are exactly what I've been trying to upgrade so far. I switched to "CAF" and as far as I can see everything is perfect.

Only the actions that were set on the alarm clock via Google have now disappeared.

I have become a real fan of PE, have xiaomi.eu as my 2nd system and can compare it - PE wins. :)

GxxA

Sep 9, 2012
Hi,

It will help if a link to the vendor firmware files can be included in both the first post of this thread as well as in the Pixel Experience website in the device page or in change logs.

Ofcourse, I was able to get it from the first post in the LOS ROM page.

Regards

G

Reactions: Zitroney

ketnn

Aug 5, 2014
A big step in the right direction !

I read somewhere in this thread that people are already saying that adding toggles and so many features will spoil true pixel experience. Even at some point, the developer replied "You think that PixelExperience is a kind of custom rom that make a switch for every function?" (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79144743&postcount=6104) Well, pixel experience means the same aesthetics as on pixel phone and I don't think few customization or toggle will spoil the overall experience. Anyway, here is my findings with latest rom PixelExperience_beryllium-9.0-20190507-0150-OFFICIAL.zip and vendor firmware beryllium-9.5.6-9.0-vendor-firmware.zip:

• Latest vendor 9.5.6 works fine for me.
  • PUBG lovers can be happy as now we can force it to use the notch.
  • The "Full screen apps" don't create any impact on MX Player pro (it still ignores the notch).
  • Video calls (Jio-India) works fine with native dialer.
  • The toggle for headphone/speaker in the FM Radio app not working.
  • New QS tiles available, I found "Pop-up notifications" useful while gaming.
  • If you disable "Pop-up notifications", then call will be in full screen. (I think phone app must be excluded from this).
  • Sometimes there was difference between lock screen, feed and home screen weather (mostly 1 degree Celsius).
  • "Network traffic monitor" can be turned on while the notch is hidden.
  • Now color tone of screen, can be tuned as personal liking.
  • I can't figure out that how the "Reading mode" is deferent than "Grayscale" in QS tiles?
  • Antutu score remains same for me.
  • On the ambient display it says "Press and hold the power button to unlock", if you block the proximity sensor. This happens due to "Pocket detection" turned on from "Display".
  • "Hey Google" hot word detection now working while phone is in sleeping, like on my Moto X2 from anywhere in the room, even 10 fit away!

FAQs, battery life, Antutu score, compression of CAF vs AOSP and discussion etc:
https://xdaforums.com/poco-f1/how-to/how-to-transform-pocophone-f1-to-pixel-t3910187

Thanks @jhenrique09

Last edited:

JimboTheDeveloper

Sep 14, 2018
I'm not hater .. if i hate this I'll go for another rom ... but no.
I love this rom ... And it's not compliant that's a question .
In pixel phones that should be as night light only ...

The pixel 3 has live display,so you want to remove a feature that is in the pixel 3 device?It was a feature that was introduced by google for the pixel 3 line cause the oled display was reported to have a yellowish tint on the pixel 3 and on the pixel 3 xl it was bluish tint,so the literally programmed it for the people to change the tint by their own liking.BTW its called COLORS under Display settings on the pixel 3 and pixel 3 xl.Video bellow shows this feature at 1:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm5pX01ZLqA

Also Thanks @jhenrique09 this is the biggest update that made me come back to PE great job.

Last edited:

aladin6

Mar 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
SMS failed
I have updated the ROM all works ok except for SMS its to do with the firmware anything over 9.3.18 and my SMS receive ok but when I send them it keeps sending over and over about 5 times then it says it fails.
The new update of PE says need firmware of latest to work! But I have had to use 9.3.18 does seem to work.

I'm also facing this problem. I searched for alot and didn't think that it could be a firmware problem. Now, how can we solve this ?...

jakal46

Dec 15, 2011
AUT
has only been running for a few hours. But I think it's all right. Screenshot_20190507-164630.jpgScreenshot_20190507-164603.jpg

Gesendet von meinem POCO F1 mit Tapatalk

SabinChhetri

Dec 6, 2016
I read somewhere in this thread that people are already saying that adding toggles and so many features will spoil true pixel experience. Even at some point, the developer replied "You think that PixelExperience is a kind of custom rom that make a switch for every function?" (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79144743&postcount=6104) Well, pixel experience means the same aesthetics as on pixel phone and I don't think few customization or toggle will spoil the overall experience. Anyway, here is my findings with latest rom PixelExperience_beryllium-9.0-20190507-0150-OFFICIAL.zip and vendor firmware beryllium-9.5.6-9.0-vendor-firmware.zip:

• Latest vendor 9.5.6 works fine for me.
  • PUBG lovers can be happy as now we can force it to use the notch.
  • The "Full screen apps" don't create any impact on MX Player pro (it still ignores the notch).
  • Video calls (Jio-India) works fine with native dialer.
  • The toggle for headphone/speaker in the FM Radio app not working.
  • New QS tiles available, I found "Pop-up notifications" useful while gaming.
  • If you disable "Pop-up notifications", then call will be in full screen. (I think phone app must be excluded from this).
  • Sometimes there was difference between lock screen, feed and home screen weather (mostly 1 degree Celsius).
  • "Network traffic monitor" can be turned on while the notch is hidden.
  • Now color tone of screen, can be tuned as personal liking.
  • I can't figure out that how the "Reading mode" is deferent than "Grayscale" in QS tiles?
  • Antutu score remains same for me.
  • On the ambient display it says "Press and hold the power button to unlock", if you block the proximity sensor. This happens due to "Pocket detection" turned on from "Display".
  • "Hey Google" hot word detection now working while phone is in sleeping, like on my Moto X2 from anywhere in the room, even 10 fit away!

FAQs, battery life, Antutu score, compression of CAF vs AOSP and discussion etc:
https://xdaforums.com/poco-f1/how-to/how-to-transform-pocophone-f1-to-pixel-t3910187

Thanks @jhenrique09

Where can I find/enable QS tiles?? How can I enable network traffic??

JoshuaUngson

Feb 3, 2016
Urgh! Screenshot with notch hidden is broken. How to fix this? Cellular data is so expensive. ? Don't wanna download an update again if ever.

timbook2

Dec 29, 2014
It works

I'm also facing this problem. I searched for alot and didn't think that it could be a firmware problem. Now, how can we solve this ?...[/QUOTE
Well if I use an older firmware it works if I use any of the last 2 I have the sms problem.
I think I may have to fastboot with the mi tool and flash stock stable that might work.

Top Liked Posts