Orbic Wonder Dev Thread

Search This thread

deathmaster79

May 1, 2019
Another Wonder

I have an Orbic Wonder that I am more than willing to donate to the cause and add to the test bed. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Orbit Team - WORLDS FIRST to even touch this Orbic Wonder and push out root, recovery, debloated rom, dumps and more! Uni Android Team - Myself -> Worlds first to create added support to main module for this device!

Thanks Jason! You are right secrecy is important at this stage in our work. I do what I can with the busted 900E mode Orbic I have =]. Every day tinkering with test points to get it to yet once again drop into Qualcomm 9008 EDL so I can flash the dump i took back to the phone using Uni Android Tools / QPST / Inferno / SFT Dongle. Which ever works out with this phone.. Already had issues sending the MSM8937 loader through multiple times with various programs hoping I wont have the same with Uni Android Tools so far seems to work out fine along with QPST QFIL. In the rare event anyone bricks their device feel free to join our channel and ask for help. QPST is free and works just fine with my dump. All are QPST compatible and I also have dumps with Inferno and the other tools mentioned used in this project so far.

I have managed to work my magic and this phone is already added to Uni Android Tools program and I am working on getting it recognized by other programs/boxes out there on the market. This is big news! Not to mention lets hope everyone can look forward to in depth android blog/news site articles on the phone that was slept on.. Our little Wonder.. Soon!!

Also look forward to a new customized Theme for TWRP on our next release of it. Hopefully a nice 2-4 Custom UI Themes as well using Nova Launcher as the base. As well we are looking into testing Magisk modules and XPosed it it'll work without any issues.

Like Jason said this phone goes for $35-$50 new on eBay right now and for its specs thats a pretty good deal seeing how it has active development for it that won't be stalling any time soon. I'm purchasing one next week if I cannot bring this device out of 900E and force 9008.

More to come! Stay tuned people and get involved!

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

What does the Orbic look like? What are its specifications?

Check it out!

Tried to find the best run down on the Orbic Wonder i could find so far.. This will have to do until we get time to do one.

Device Specifications
Standby Time - Up to:7 days
Usage Time - Up to: 9 hr
Camera : 8 MP
Weight: 5.6 oz
Height : 6.17 in
Width: 3.03 in
Depth: 0.33 in
Color: Black
Screen: 5.5 FHD Scratch-Resistant Asahi Glass
Battery: 3000 mAh non removable
SAR1.4W/kg
Hearing Aid Compatibility
M3/T3
Expandable Memory: Removable micro SD 256 GB
Memory: ROM: 16GB - RAM: 2GB
Processor: MSM8937 64 Bit Octa Core 1.4 GHz

What's in the box
Orbic Wonder
Pre-installed SIM Card 4FF
3000 LI- Polymer mAh non removable
Wall Adapter/USB Cable/USB Connector
Quick Reference Guide
Important Consumer Safety Information
Product Safety and Warranty Brochure

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire

thanks for understanding, the above policy speaks for itself.

A development thread, a developer, can have his own chats linked in the first post as a "faster" way to reply as if here is not the same, anyway ... but what is running here is only a discussion and by linking chat channels, diverting the users away from XDA won`t help us nor the users to have their dedicated thread on XDA.

thanks for understanding, the above policy speaks for itself.

A development thread, a developer, can have his own chats linked in the first post as a "faster" way to reply as if here is not the same, anyway ... but what is running here is only a discussion and by linking chat channels, diverting the users away from XDA won`t help us nor the users to have their dedicated thread on XDA.

Again my apoligies. I didnt see the past about DEVELOPMENT thread. Maybe you can help us with a dedicated section for the Orbic Line of smartphones and start off with the Wonder? =] IMO It is always best to have a Thread and a chatgroup because this speeds up development which results in work done quicker, more people interested and more traffic for this phone including XDA. We direct everyone to XDA and REPO from chats and other sites. So far nobody else has has a problem with this and I speak with the admins.. AndroidForums, GSMForums etc.

Could you instead of linking people to an S9? thread put it in the actual Rules of the forum. This will be very helpful to all. If it is already there I haven't ran across it yet.

Cheers

Reactions: xanthrax
Does anyone know how to sim unlock the verizon variant of this phone?

Here shortly. =]

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

I have an Orbic Wonder that I am more than willing to donate to the cause and add to the test bed. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Always! Check out our repo on this thread for the files you will need. We are trying to get a dedicated section for the Orbic line and Wonder phone most of all. Sorry the thread is a bit of a mess atm. Will get it cleaned up soon too.

WORLDS FIRST VERIZON PREPAID ORBIC WONDER UNLOCK!! GSM CAPABILITIES NOW!

Just finished it up a few minutes ago. =]

YacZBn5.jpg

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Nope. Just did it! Told you i would before even looking into it. =]
Check post above.
The image isn't loading but I must say I'm truly impressed. Unfortunately for me though that doesn't mean I can use it on Verizon, because they do a device ID check with their own system to see if you "really" unlocked it before they let you on postpaid. For other carriers though this should be good to go as you just proved

shah_vm

Nov 13, 2006

YacZBn5.jpg

are you still testing SIM unlock feature? When will you be able to publish the steps to unlock SIM? If you have already publish the steps please enlighten me with the steps? congrats for great the achievement.

are you still testing SIM unlock feature? When will you be able to publish the steps to unlock SIM? If you have already publish the steps please enlighten me with the steps? congrats for great the achievement.

I just fixed a few things and I am still fixing settings for faster data speeds. I will try to simplify the package and make it easy for new people to do. Don't know when this will be as I have others ahead I promised to give this out to support their cause. Still here to help XDA.. for now.

Orbic Themes

We are probably going to be relying on OFR - Orange Fox Recovery which i spoke with the devs and they will create maintainer for us. For most of what we
do for here on out will be OFR but will look into buidling official recognized PBRP, RedWolf (dead though) and also TWRP if we can get their attention.

OFR - https://gitlab.com/OrangeFox

Here is a little splash i just did for the Orbic Wonder OFR Boot logo (Blue and others coming soon to match OFR colors) -

vDbtoBD.png

----
Here is an awesome Launcher that has had a lot of thought and time put into it. Very thorough with a LOT of options! Highly customizable. We are most likely going to be using this in our custom ROM work along with a little other jazz to the UI and such.

https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.gsd.launcher.sapphyx

XDA Labs | Sapphyx Launcher
Sapphyx Launcher by Ryan Gocal - 3.75/5 (28 ratings)
@Nx Biotic

Still needs a lot of work on my end but this is just was just a quick test.

YljgIex.png

Video Of Launcher in action (like i said just a quick test but so far so good) - https://streamable.com/oenl9

Last edited:
We've not forgot about our sly Orbic Wonder! Should see some new Dev out soon for this device. Stay tuned.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Having some issues with getting ATT working on the unlock and the way I do it I can't post a tutorial to just yet until i find a way to create some kind of unlock script or app or use alternate tools. So for those that are asking about unlock you'll have to wait a bit.

how to unlock this phone im in mexico and need unlock my

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Having some issues with getting ATT working on the unlock and the way I do it I can't post a tutorial to just yet until i find a way to create some kind of unlock script or app or use alternate tools. So for those that are asking about unlock you'll have to wait a bit.

Sorry I have to follow forum rules until i get something together to make this happen. If i had the time i would do FREE for people but this takes too much time out of my workday. It's only a month? of active service if you wait to get it unlocked. I simply did it because I like challenges, wanted to get it done along with everything else myself and team have done for this device.

Reactions: shah_vm

mikejah

Sep 9, 2019
unlocking done!!!

steps
1 root the phone by orangeFox recovery and magisk
2 enable diag port by NCK box qualcomm module
3 backup QCN by NCK box qualcomm module
4 rest EFS by NCK box qualcomm module
5 write QCN you backupd befor with NCK box qualcomm module
6 no more step its unlock

call me mikejah

Last edited:
Reactions: noidodroid
unlocking done!!!

steps
1 root the phone by orangeFox recovery and magisk
2 enable diag port by NCK box qualcomm module
3 backup QCN by NCK box qualcomm module
4 rest EFS by NCK box qualcomm module
5 write QCN you backupd befor with NCK box qualcomm module
6 no more step its unlock

call me mikejah

Yeah it can be done using certain software but I don't want to go against form Rules by advertising my team's software that we use and distribute as it would be against the rules. So that's why I decided to come up with a standalone version an application of such or a batch file to assist in doing it. Did you use an old version or a paid version of nck box Qualcomm Edition? I've always wanted to grab that and give it a try to see how it works out compared to some of our stuff. Maybe just email me or message me so we aren't talking about this stuff in the open here and get in trouble.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there. Picked up the phone and here's my impressions:

Build Quality / Look and Feel:
    Admittedly, I decided to pick up this phone after I fell in love with the looks of it. It has a great thin, flat, and boxy look that I'm drawn to. After picking one up, I'm still inspecting it and enjoying it's design. Admittedly, the back of the phone appears to borrow quite a bit from Apple's designs.

When I first held the phone, it felt slightly cheap coming from a Moto E4+ which manages to feel quite premium with an all metal exterior and quite a bit of heft. Alternatively, the orbic felt cheap moreso because how light it was, which is arguably a positive trait.

The thin, flat, boxy look reminds me of some of the Nokia Lumia devices from a few years back.

Display:
    Overall, the 1080p display is impressive. The colors seem very natural when compared to the highly saturated amoled displays but some prefer that. In this instance, it appears pretty impressive when considering the price tag.

Performance & Sound:
    The octo-core processor is quite impressive in switching between apps and web page loading. I've had a remarkably smooth experience scrolling through the web and transitioning between apps.

The Android 7.1 OS is essentially as pure as it comes, with no bloatware to speak of and no visible Android skinning. This feels like a snappy solid Nexus/Pixel/Android One device despite the fact that it is not one.

Not sure if this belongs here, but the vibration seems somewhat weaker than expected.

In regards to sound, this is the biggest area where the phone shows it's price tag. While the sounds are crisp and clear, the volume is quite low and somewhat tinny at higher volumes. Fortunately, my phone is almost always on vibrate and paired with an Android Wear watch as well so I don't mind this much.

Battery:
    The overall battery performance is quite impressive. The standby drain is remarkable slow and can last you into a good portion of a second day with ease in most cases. I forgot to charge my phone one day this weekend (long night, whiskey was involved) and woke up with about 39% left. I used the phone for about 5-6 more hours with considerable use before I grabbed a charge at about 19%.

Camera:
    This is perhaps the most surprisingly impressive area for me so far. The Moto E4+ leaves quite a bit to be desired, but this phone seems to really impress in good lighting. The low lighting pictures are okay, but I'd say they outperform the Moto E line by quite a bit still and still carry a good price tag to boot.

I tried to attach photos as an example but it won't allow me to. :(

Conclusion:
    Overall I'm really impressed with the phone and still having trouble putting it down after about 4 days of use. The camera has performed fantastically, the battery life is great (likely due partially to pure Android), and the performance is very snappy for a $199 ($179 at BB right now) phone.

My only worry is how little I see on the web about this phone as I think it deserves quite a bit of credit.

Sent from my RC555L using Tapatalk
    Orbic wonder rc555l - verizon prepaid model - carrier unlock

Unlock working 100% but is tad difficult to do for the average person. So trying to come up with ways to simplify the process.

More screen shots.

ORBIC WONDER RC555L - VERIZON PREPAID MODEL - CARRIER UNLOCK

wHIFyAB.jpg
    6W0howO.jpg
    vd09Bqm.jpg
    xSII0z1.jpg
    NUnq1mD.jpg

I just fixed a few things and I am still fixing settings for faster data speeds. I will try to simplify the package and make it easy for new people to do. Don't know when this will be as I have others ahead I promised to give this out to support their cause. Still here to help XDA.. for now.
    Orbic Themes

We are probably going to be relying on OFR - Orange Fox Recovery which i spoke with the devs and they will create maintainer for us. For most of what we
    do for here on out will be OFR but will look into buidling official recognized PBRP, RedWolf (dead though) and also TWRP if we can get their attention.

OFR - https://gitlab.com/OrangeFox

Here is a little splash i just did for the Orbic Wonder OFR Boot logo (Blue and others coming soon to match OFR colors) -

vDbtoBD.png

----
    Here is an awesome Launcher that has had a lot of thought and time put into it. Very thorough with a LOT of options! Highly customizable. We are most likely going to be using this in our custom ROM work along with a little other jazz to the UI and such.

https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.gsd.launcher.sapphyx

XDA Labs | Sapphyx Launcher
    Sapphyx Launcher by Ryan Gocal - 3.75/5 (28 ratings)
    @Nx Biotic

Still needs a lot of work on my end but this is just was just a quick test.

YljgIex.png

Video Of Launcher in action (like i said just a quick test but so far so good) - https://streamable.com/oenl9

YacZBn5.jpg