Debloat MIUI 10: Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

moonchild

Feb 1, 2014
Hi, actually I tried your previous post on extreme bloatware removal and ended up with not able to install apks. Even tried side loading via adb. But some required service has been included in your list which caused the apks not installed. I checked with two other devices and same happened. Could you please confirm if it's rectified in this updated one.

LionHeart90

Nov 14, 2018
Hi, actually I tried your previous post on extreme bloatware removal and ended up with not able to install apks. Even tried side loading via adb. But some required service has been included in your list which caused the apks not installed. I checked with two other devices and same happened. Could you please confirm if it's rectified in this updated one.

Thanks for reporting,
I personally can still install the apks without problems. I didn't need to try adb sideload. otherwise I would not have loaded the list. Anyway I will in these days identify the package involved and make it visible. It was a feature that I personally don't use much based on my configuration. In any case, I repeat, you did well to report it. I will provide to insert it on the thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20190515_121019.jpg
    IMG_20190515_121019.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:
Reactions: senerex

moonchild

Feb 1, 2014
Thanks for reporting,
I personally can still install the apks without problems. I didn't need to try adb sideload. otherwise I would not have loaded the list. Anyway I will in these days identify the package involved and make it visible. It was a feature that I personally don't use much based on my configuration. In any case, I repeat, you did well to report it. I will provide to insert it on the thread.
Thanks. btw it's a great debloat list of apps you have. The exact thing I wanted for now since I'm in waiting period to unlock bootloader:p

LionHeart90

Nov 14, 2018
Thanks. btw it's a great debloat list of apps you have. The exact thing I wanted for now since I'm in waiting period to unlock bootloader:p

Thanks mate, and I give you a little advice about unlocking the bootloader: it gave me an unlock error even though I never unplugged the Mi account from the device and it was all hours past. With the latest version of the MiUnlock it gave me an unlock error despite everything being in order. I solved by installing version 2.2.624.14. I'll tell you just in case :fingers-crossed:

Jctatis

Oct 14, 2012
Panamá
com.xiaomi.providers.appindex* entries should not be removed from Xiaomi phones. These apps are actually the custom skinned "Settings" for Android - removing them will lose access to all settings and will require your device be factory reset. Leave them alone!

from miui forum.

Thanhbat

Apr 27, 2018
Hanoi
com.xiaomi.providers.appindex* entries should not be removed from Xiaomi phones. These apps are actually the custom skinned "Settings" for Android - removing them will lose access to all settings and will require your device be factory reset. Leave them alone!

from miui forum.
If you face any force close just reinstall the full ROM without wipe anything

BJumperBR

Mar 28, 2016
Hi do you know filename for MSA apk? I want to get rid of the ads

com.miui.msa.global

Go to Settings->Manage Apps->Click on the three dots and select -> "Show All Apps"
Filter by name: msa

Click on the "i"nformation icon on the top right corner of the screen to get the information about APK name and version.

LionHeart90

Nov 14, 2018
After doing this, the calendar is no longer working. I didn't noticed you included the calendar in those commands, why would you do that?

Because as i said, this is a Debloat, i use third party apps for my personal configuration. especially in packages like in this case "calendar"; it is not difficult to guess that doing a debloat eliminates a related service. That's why I always say to make a backup.

Potus ThePlant

Feb 28, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Except that removing the calendar provider doesn't allow the google calendar app to work (the play store version, not the one installed by default). It is completely unnecessary to remove it (again, the provider, not the app) and I wouldn't consider it bloatware at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks mate, and I give you a little advice about unlocking the bootloader: it gave me an unlock error even though I never unplugged the Mi account from the device and it was all hours past. With the latest version of the MiUnlock it gave me an unlock error despite everything being in order. I solved by installing version 2.2.624.14. I'll tell you just in case :fingers-crossed:
    Hi tnx for you job, are fastboot command? or can create an exe for remove all unused app?

they are all fastboot commands, indeed, you reminded me that it would be better to directly add a mini guide for anyone who might need it :fingers-crossed:

Thanks for reporting,