[ROM][UBIFS]CyanogenMod11_R11_Max_MT6572

Search This thread
Computer got KIA other day cant build anymore until its fixed been trying to get it working last few days to no avail but i need to get it fixed anyways as its got all my f*@#ing work on it :'( so it will deffo be fixed sooninsh in next day or two hopefully ive sprayed the PCB off with board cleaner and changed out a few thermal fuses on it that i found blew so now im just waiting for it to dry overnight to test again tomorrow morning and hopefully i can get back to it,

Ill comment here as soon as im back up and running again sorry anyways ,

Apologies to everyone else also who are waiting for the UBIFS Google play fix update.

Soo...................................Still waiting here.

Matty1993

May 7, 2018

Ive been on work holidays as i work near on 12 hours days running a phone repair shop most days plus computer at home which i use to develop these roms in my "free" time also died as i did mention in the last post on here i would comment when i would be getting back to it please have some patience i will be back at it today as i have a brand new computer which i bought when i got back and set up last night so i will be compiling 2 more versions of twrp for you to test install aswell as making 2-3 different rom bases with different /bin & /xbin configs however i beleive the problem is with the recoveries so will be trying to compile one with busybox to run all of the applets correctly located in the recoveries /sbin

Reactions: blakegriplingph

blakegriplingph

May 13, 2011
Amazon Fire
Realme C3
Ive been on work holidays as i work near on 12 hours days running a phone repair shop most days plus computer at home which i use to develop these roms in my "free" time also died as i did mention in the last post on here i would comment when i would be getting back to it please have some patience i will be back at it today as i have a brand new computer which i bought when i got back and set up last night so i will be compiling 2 more versions of twrp for you to test install aswell as making 2-3 different rom bases with different /bin & /xbin configs however i beleive the problem is with the recoveries so will be trying to compile one with busybox to run all of the applets correctly located in the recoveries /sbin
Take your time mate, I can understand that real life does get in the way sometimes.

Matty1993

May 7, 2018

Try this twrp the screen will be small but it all works and has busybox, make sure all partitions are mounting and unmounting properly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y4yhaudpxtZKJ8DcFA3YyqKPD6rbFI7-/view?usp=drivesdk

Flash the old slimmed down rom base i uploaded a while ago with this twrp first to see if it wont flash and boot,

If it dosent then try this base which i finished compiling today not long ago and see if that works its compiled from a diff models source than the last base and ive set it up as vendor build theres no boot.img either so just flash your stock with SP flash tool after flashing on reboot as ive disabled all the cyanogenmod stuff until a working base is consteucted

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Toyzha94Qra3alTCWiG9t6uXIRasH5ZI/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

Matty1993

May 7, 2018
Take your time mate, I can understand that real life does get in the way sometimes.

Cheers mate :) yeah it does get quite hard with so little free time lately took today off tbh i need the rest and wanted to test new pc out i started looking back on your github also and my notes trying to figure out where i left off so will be hoepfully looking at the rest of it today and see if i can find anything wrong, any further luck with it ?

blakegriplingph

May 13, 2011
Amazon Fire
Realme C3
Cheers mate :) yeah it does get quite hard with so little free time lately took today off tbh i need the rest and wanted to test new pc out i started looking back on your github also and my notes trying to figure out where i left off so will be hoepfully looking at the rest of it today and see if i can find anything wrong, any further luck with it ?
You're welcome. I can very well understand that real life can get in the way and all, so it's alright.

As for the Epic, nah, still haven't gotten that damn thing to boot to the GUI yet; all I get the most is the default wallpaper showing up and that's about it. It's a shame as I've spent months making it tick yet this is as far as I could muster at the moment.

Try this twrp the screen will be small but it all works and has busybox, make sure all partitions are mounting and unmounting properly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y4yhaudpxtZKJ8DcFA3YyqKPD6rbFI7-/view?usp=drivesdk

Flash the old slimmed down rom base i uploaded a while ago with this twrp first to see if it wont flash and boot,

If it dosent then try this base which i finished compiling today not long ago and see if that works its compiled from a diff models source than the last base and ive set it up as vendor build theres no boot.img either so just flash your stock with SP flash tool after flashing on reboot as ive disabled all the cyanogenmod stuff until a working base is consteucted

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Toyzha94Qra3alTCWiG9t6uXIRasH5ZI/view?usp=drivesdk
I can't get into my SD card with the new TWRP.

Matty1993

May 7, 2018
Try to sideload the rom to the device via adb terminal and using the sideload menu in the twrp

I set /sdcard mmcblk0p4 partition as /sdcard in the fstab and /ext-sd /mmcblk1p1 for you external sdcard so will need to be changed around,

To sideload open adb terminal on your PC, boot to twrp go to sideload option in advanced and connect usb cable to device and plug into pc

Make sure your adb driver is installed and is showing your device by issuing this command without the " "

"adb devices"

Once you have device showing type

"adb sideload dragromziphere"

The sideload it,

If sideload fails then push the file for flash to the device by typing this command, again without the " "

"adb push dragromziphere /sdcard"

This will send a copy of the file to your mmcblk0p4 internal sdcard partiton you can then go to the install menu select storage and select the sdcard partiton or which ever displays for mmblk it was pushed to,

Ill get around to changing the block mount probably tomorrow afternoon as i have quite a bit to get done tonight & tomorrow.

Matty1993

May 7, 2018
You're welcome. I can very well understand that real life can get in the way and all, so it's alright.

As for the Epic, nah, still haven't gotten that damn thing to boot to the GUI yet; all I get the most is the default wallpaper showing up and that's about it. It's a shame as I've spent months making it tick yet this is as far as I could muster at the moment.

Bugger on the epic i still cant spot anything obvious in your github repo but theres gotta be something hiding somewhere anyhow youll get there eventually with it have you tried porting a 5.1 version from diff mt6××× cpu thats very similar Ive done it before with an mt6572 eMMC device i managed to port an mt6589 rom to

I just stuck all mt6572 files into vendor/hw and left the 6589 in lib/hw then all i did was add to /vendor/lib while leaving originals in /lib

libackd.so
libcamalgo.so
libcamdrv.so
libcustomnvram.so
libcameracustom.so
libegl.so
libmali.so
libfeatureio.so
libimageio.so
all libnvram.so files

Then switched out vold in /bin

Booted straight up on boot

not sure if your device has vendor support though my mt6737m had no specs on being vendor compatible but i tried to make a vendor build anyway and mine is deffo vendor compatible as its giving me greif about the vendor image being out of date on one of my CRdroid 7.1.2 builds,

Ive been keeping my eyes peeled for an epic still hopefully i can get one soon so i can help out

blakegriplingph

May 13, 2011
Amazon Fire
Realme C3
Yeah, I haven't tried porting other MT8xxx ROMs to the Epic though. Lucky for you, you were able to get 3.4.67 to boot Lollipop and later. Not sure what I've done wrong here.

And I'll see if I could arrange for having an Epic sent to your place for a nominal fee. I know a friend who has one actually. ;)

Matty1993

May 7, 2018
Yeah, I haven't tried porting other MT8xxx ROMs to the Epic though. Lucky for you, you were able to get 3.4.67 to boot Lollipop and later. Not sure what I've done wrong here.

And I'll see if I could arrange for having an Epic sent to your place for a nominal fee. I know a friend who has one actually. ;)

Maybe it could be worth a shot to find a similar spec mt68 with a cm 5.1 lollipop and switch all the gui out from /bin /framework & /lib just to rule it out as im nearly finished going through your github repo and tbh it all looks good so far i can spot anything i originally thought it may have been due to the vold but i can confirm on my 5.1 build i made for the pixi 4027a that vold was not set correct but the gui and whatnot still booted up anyway even with no vold managed storage available, this is what leads me to beleive its something to do with gui,

I was surprised when i got 7.1.2 functional on the stock 3.4.67 but i guess i kinda have a gift for stuff like that i guess as i managed to even compile miui 7.1.3.0 from xiaomi note 1 source and make it work on an mt6572 UBIFS device running a 3.4.67 kernel and is bug free :)

I just dont understand how a newer version of kernel like yours is receiving so much greif with it as even my 3.19.20+ kernel on mt6737m booted crdroid, rr remix & lineageos 14.1 build i created no problems at all,

With the epic also may have to give it a while so i can save some coin up and will take you up on that offer atm though i kinda splurged $4000 on a brand new top end pc as the other one just wasnt running right still after getting working again once i got some coin again but im in :)

blakegriplingph

May 13, 2011
Amazon Fire
Realme C3
Maybe it could be worth a shot to find a similar spec mt68 with a cm 5.1 lollipop and switch all the gui out from /bin /framework & /lib just to rule it out as im nearly finished going through your github repo and tbh it all looks good so far i can spot anything i originally thought it may have been due to the vold but i can confirm on my 5.1 build i made for the pixi 4027a that vold was not set correct but the gui and whatnot still booted up anyway even with no vold managed storage available, this is what leads me to beleive its something to do with gui,

I was surprised when i got 7.1.2 functional on the stock 3.4.67 but i guess i kinda have a gift for stuff like that i guess as i managed to even compile miui 7.1.3.0 from xiaomi note 1 source and make it work on an mt6572 UBIFS device running a 3.4.67 kernel and is bug free :)

I just dont understand how a newer version of kernel like yours is receiving so much greif with it as even my 3.19.20+ kernel on mt6737m booted crdroid, rr remix & lineageos 14.1 build i created no problems at all,

With the epic also may have to give it a while so i can save some coin up and will take you up on that offer atm though i kinda splurged $4000 on a brand new top end pc as the other one just wasnt running right still after getting working again once i got some coin again but im in :)
Yeah it's puzzling that you were able to somehow get things to work on an earlier kernel. Think it may have something to do with integrating the shims to libutils but idk where else to shove it in as the libxlog method only results in being stuck on logo.bin.

As for getting the Epic, do you mind if I have a friend of mine send one your way? The only payment being the shipping fee so you don't have to splurge so much on one just for development's sake. It's an ex-demo unit that his niece previously used iirc.

Matty1993

May 7, 2018
Yeah it's puzzling that you were able to somehow get things to work on an earlier kernel. Think it may have something to do with integrating the shims to libutils but idk where else to shove it in as the libxlog method only results in being stuck on logo.bin.

As for getting the Epic, do you mind if I have a friend of mine send one your way? The only payment being the shipping fee so you don't have to splurge so much on one just for development's sake. It's an ex-demo unit that his niece previously used iirc.

Yeah ive got no idea how i keep managing it either stuff always just seems to work straight away most of the time for me,

Yeah if you want to have one sent my way so i can help out id be happy to cover the shipping costs on it

Matty1993

May 7, 2018
I can't get into my SD card with the new TWRP.

Ok try this one

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WWECd38cSMejNf7c2WKb_DQM6ZtEEzpb/view?usp=drivesdk

microsd card has been set as
/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1

Your onboard sdcard that is mmcblk0p4 i have set
/ext-sd auto /dev/block/mmcblk0p4

You should be able to install the test bases with it now, if you still cant get into sdcard let me know i will change it from /mmcblk1p1 to mmcblk0p1 and it will work should be ok though afaik all emmc use the 1p1 mounting.

Reactions: DJ Robby

blakegriplingph

May 13, 2011
Amazon Fire
Realme C3
Yeah ive got no idea how i keep managing it either stuff always just seems to work straight away most of the time for me,

Yeah if you want to have one sent my way so i can help out id be happy to cover the shipping costs on it
I guess it's a matter of luck then.

Do you have Discord or some other venue where I can contact you privately? As I need your shipping address so that my friend can send his spare Epic to you. ;)

It didn't work, At this point, I don't know what's wrong so I'll just flash the original ROM back and just stick with that. I REALLY appreciate how much you helped me especially for free and maybe one day I'll come back and we can continue. For now, Goodbye.

Reactions: mahdy666

Matty1993

May 7, 2018
I guess it's a matter of luck then.

Do you have Discord or some other venue where I can contact you privately? As I need your shipping address so that my friend can send his spare Epic to you. ;)

I only use xda i dont even have facebook tbh i like to stay off the grid especially since the fb privacy leaks i dont think ill be using that again had a notification stating they stored my password on there servers in plain text for anyone to be able to read, all i got was "we are sorry this has happened" havent been on since,

If you want to tee it up and what not though just flick me a pm my notifications dont work most if time for pm but when i get round to looking and what not we can work it out, if you can get me a rough total of what shipping would be id be happy to forward payment through beforehand :)

Matty1993

May 7, 2018
It didn't work, At this point, I don't know what's wrong so I'll just flash the original ROM back and just stick with that. I REALLY appreciate how much you helped me especially for free and maybe one day I'll come back and we can continue. For now, Goodbye.

Not sure why you qouted that string of txt as i did mention its very hard to work blindly without having a device in front of me to figure out how to build for it, especially also as these devices have no source it takes time to perfect,

Id also strongly advise againt flashing the stock firmware back and if you do whatever you do DO NOT sign into it with your google account the devices software is riddles with chinese spyware and adware, even the stock cooee launcher on all the device downloads popup and spyware material,

If i could get my hands on one of the devices i can build something with ease after 6 months of studying the R11 max ubifs i now have a folder containing 15 different roms all built for the R11 max from miui 7 & 9 plus many more others most are ports but the miuis and a few others are all compiled from advan S5E sources as everything is basically the same as my r11 max.

If your feeling adventurous and willing to learn and put the hours in i suggest maybe checking out the xda-university you could learn a few things and maybe build & debug your own rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #-------------------------Disclaimer----------------------------#

I am in no way responsible for dead NAND/EMMC chips, SD cards Lost basebands, nuclear war or anything else for that matter YOU the users are soley responsible for any and all actions you make the build is 100% tested & confirmed working on UBIFS R11 max chinaphone with board variant Q6_M144_GT-018_MB_1.0

#-----------------------Device info----------------------------#

Android OS : 4.4.2 Kit Kat SDK:19
    Kernel Version: 3.4.67
    File System: UBIFS
    BaseBand CPU: MT6572_S00
    BaseBand CPU Secure Version: FF
    BaseBand CPU Bootloader Version: 01
    Board Variant: HS_Q6_MB_V1.0
    Storage Capacity=512Mb (4Gb ext through recovery)
    Ram Capacity= 497Mb
    Resolution= 480×854

#-----------------CyanogenmodOS--------------------------#

Version = 11
    SDK-ver = 4.4.4
    SDK-API = 20
    B-TYPE = userdebug
    Build id = XNG3C
    Linux Kernel = 3.4.67
    LCD- density = 240
    LCD-Dpi = 320

• Deodexed
    • IO_scheduler set to CFQ
    • Performance adjustments
    • Preloaded with Gapps
    • Cyanogen account support
    • CyanogenMod Logo
    • Ram flag optimisations
    • Default runtime set to art
    • Voice unlock support
    • Pre rooted with Cyanogenmod SU 1.34
    • addon.d support
    • init.d support
    • BT NFC support
    • addon.d & init.d slinked in cpio in bootimg
    • Custom CM bootimg with storage fix.
    • Ad and popup blockers
    • CM ambient updater
    • CM InCallUi
    • google voice search
    • CM Device management
    • CM SetupWiz
    • factory test mode [ *#*#0#*#* ]
    • CM Live lockscreen
    • CM MusicFX
    • CM Trebuchet Launcher
    • Chrome based browser
    • CM Voice +
    • Voice command support

• Camera interpolated and tweaked
    • camera path changed to added cameraserver in vendor/bin/cameraserver instead of system/bin/mediaserver
    • Added Clearmotion props to default & build.prop
    • Added Clearmotion config to /etc
    • Added Clearmotion support libs
    • Added Clearmotion FW to /lib

#---------------------------NOTICE------------------------------#

I do this in my free time DO NOT ask for Eta's,

Includes storage modified CM boot.img which will be flashed with the rom please use the partiton sd card option in advanced options in recovery to make up to a 4096mb /data partition before transferring zip to sd and flashing.

#----------------------------BUGS------------------------------#

• update #003 is having a whinge with storage for downloaded apps from store so they wont install after download will be fixed in build #004,

• NFC is working properly but you must purchase NFC bluetooth module tags to support nfc transfer, i have compiled & added an nfc.ko module to use bluetooth instead of newer modules which use the wifi reciever as the antenna and due to there being no NFC compatibile HW on these extremely poor low end devices i do not wish to see comments about this as a bug.

#-------------------------LINKS------------------------------#

CM CTR recovery.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UErBsSe2DLFEtcgwXz-hZR_fQINxpn9H/view?usp=drivesdk

Stock touch recovery to replace original
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Y-WQHDLfqlEdjmu-PTujNqGkkUpcpLn/view?usp=drivesdk

CyanogenmodOS #001-BETA 20190412
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xuf-gSHPHr5CGsZjFu3pgT44FdR5GFx5/view?usp=drivesdk

CyanogenmodOS update #002 20190414
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Nt1pVo8ruvTCugsgejtMQvJDe2xZIb7/view?usp=drivesdk

CyanogenmodOS update #003 20190504

[ Has play store issue ]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D4sCf1oflvSTFJxFzH1WwMJL_1j8H5-G/view?usp=drivesdk
    BUILD #002 is up get it from the OP

CHANGELOG

Camera works now with slow motion & fast motion video recording, picture quality is still **** but is tons better than it was on stock rom.

Rebuilt the system layout and merged most /vendor files and folders to /system

Fixed gallery keeps stopping error even though it wasnt

Cleaned up the GUI scaling to produce cleaner icons etc etc changelog is in /etc for anyone that wants to look

Changed the Live lockscreen wallpaper to something much simpler & better looking.

Converted entire system to single sim & removed Gemini where i could & set props to disable what i couldnt find of it, repathed ril to run through mtk-ril.so also added init.volte.rc, volte_imsm.so/volte_stack.files to help ril call clarity as certain parts of the stack are interacting with ril even though its a GSM Radio ;)

Added getenforce & setenforce to /bin and file_contexts to try and get my init.rc props for setenforce to run the kernel permissively for some extra init processes, BUT setenforce for some reason is receiving permission denied cannot symlink so i hope to have this completed & working in build #003

Added /product/build.prop dir to deal with zram for swap & ext4 /data partitiion under logical boot partitions.

Added new android apple crime screen power off logo

Added some misc ringtones, notification tones and ringtones other than the cyanogen tones.
    Welcome to CyanogenMod 11
    You have been a busy bee :highfive:

Haha yeah one of my old projects ive been meaning to get finished for ages, finding out how to attach android to UBIFS on top of UBI was a pain in the ass lol got to experiment with ril on this one as it was dual sim and tried running gemini through it but as it was a source build dual sim compatibility dosent work :( so had to depract gemini and set single sim still been working on the tuba build tho taking my time with it as sony really like to mix things up, also finishing a lineage OS 14.1 build for Alcatel Pixi 3.5 that was from source also but dualsim works on this one even though this phones a single sim phone haha go figure lol
    So does that mean Oppo Touch Recovery is useless? So I should just put CWM in the recovery and then flash the CyanogenMod11 with CWM If I could get more detailed instructions that would be helpful as you know I am a noob...

Edit: So I flashed it with CWM and it failed, Here is the log: https://pastebin.com/i2F55g08
    What I think happens is the first image that says welcome comes up, Then the boot animation comes up but it doesn't finish before returning to the welcome image that was at the start and it stays on that forever.

Edit 2: I also don't know how to restore the backup with SP Flash Tool but that is ok since this isn't my everyday phone so i'll just wait until you fix the ROM.

Hey mate i took a look at the log,

For some reason it didnt symlink any of the system files or set the perms for them

Modified boot.img didnt flash either for some reason so surprised it started playing animation so all my adjustments from ubifs to ext4 must be correct

In the script

Format was ok
    Mounting was ok
    Extract system files was ok

I think it may have something to do with CWM possibly as thats the only reason its not booting none of the files have correct perms everything else went ok though, so ill see what i can do today about another recovery for you,

The oppo touch recovery is just a stock recovery i added to get rid of the 3e recoveries these phones originally come with, much nicer is all,

To restore your backup using SP flash tool open flash tool, select the scatter box,

Navigate to your backuo folder & double click on the scatter_file.txt,

All of your partitions and files will automatically load up for flash,

Change the download mode to download only

Power off phone click start download

Connect phone & wait for flash