[Root] Temporary fix for Samsung Gear Devices (And probably other Samsung weareables)

Search This thread

Terrorblade

Mar 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
How can I update my Galaxy watch? Because when I click update watch software on the Galaxy wear app it says registration failed.

First open app when app loads press the home button and disable firewall. Then from recent apps go again to wearable app. Give it a second or two to detect internet connection and then try updating ( it should work fine ) when you update remember to re enable the firewall because wearable app always checks if there is a newer update when it launches

fearbit

May 25, 2009
Hello again..after sometime with no problems of using my watch paired with my phone,i got this message when opening the wearable app: you have to download additional software in order to use all your devices...I then press ok..and after that my phone stops syncing with the phone...
I did all the pairing procedure from the beginning and it works for a while but then again the watch stops working with the phone..[emoji848]I have the Afwall enabled all the time..

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

munibasad

Oct 22, 2013
Damnit...that was the problem...wow.. I'm so happy..thank you sooooo much!!! I was in the process of downloading an Oreo rom for my phone....again..a billion thanks[emoji106][emoji122][emoji106][emoji122][emoji91][emoji817][emoji91][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

Hi,

I can't seem to understand how you fixed your problem?
I have the same as yours.
There is no Galaxy Watch Plugin, just Galaxy S plugin.
Can you pls explain?

KidSpartan

Apr 15, 2015
I have the same issue with my galaxy watch active. I tried to follow the exact instructions as OP, but I think the plugin is only meant for S3 watches, whereas I have the Galaxy Watch Active.

dimas03

Jun 4, 2012
I have the same issue with my galaxy watch active. I tried to follow the exact instructions as OP, but I think the plugin is only meant for S3 watches, whereas I have the Galaxy Watch Active.

Did you try to use Galaxy Watch Plugin.apk instead of Gear S Plugin.apk ?
You can download the latest version from Apkmirror.

KidSpartan

Apr 15, 2015
I have installed the first version of the Galaxy Watch Active Plugin.apk and the latest versions of the Gear Wear app and the Samsung Accessory Service app.

I can confirm that my watch is currently connected to my rooted S7 flat w/ the NFE OneUI port, using the workaround with the firewall. I always have the firewall enabled, because I am afraid that it might disconnect my watch and I would have to go through all this hassle once again. I have not tested to leave the firewall off after the initial first successful connection. It'd be great to be able to check the weather on my watch, which is one of the primary reasons why I got the watch in the first place. Could someone test that out?

Reactions: AlphaAnimal

francitato02

Sep 5, 2017
I have installed the first version of the Galaxy Watch Active Plugin.apk and the latest versions of the Gear Wear app and the Samsung Accessory Service app.

I can confirm that my watch is currently connected to my rooted S7 flat w/ the NFE OneUI port, using the workaround with the firewall. I always have the firewall enabled, because I am afraid that it might disconnect my watch and I would have to go through all this hassle once again. I have not tested to leave the firewall off after the initial first successful connection. It'd be great to be able to check the weather on my watch, which is one of the primary reasons why I got the watch in the first place. Could someone test that out?

Have you installed even gear s plugin or just galaxy watch plugin? Which rom are you using? Can you tell me exactly what did you do to pear it? Because I've tried with my rom and my Galaxy watch (42mm) and i'm always looping at the end

KidSpartan

Apr 15, 2015
Have you installed even gear s plugin or just galaxy watch plugin? Which rom are you using? Can you tell me exactly what did you do to pear it? Because I've tried with my rom and my Galaxy watch (42mm) and i'm always looping at the end

I followed the instructions from the OP. I did not install the Gear S plugin, as I do not have the S2/3 watch.

I am using the BlackDiamond v.3 ROM (NFE OneUI port).

I uninstalled everything that the OP said to uninstall (1. Gear wearable, 2. all plugins, 3. Samsung Accessory Service, 4. SASystemProviders). You'll have to go into [on your phone] settings -->apps --> include system apps to make sure all 4 of those apps are uninstalled.

I unlinked the watch from the bluetooth menu on my phone. I went on my watch, and went into settings and scrolled to the bottom, where it says "Connect a new phone." I followed the on-watch screen instructions (note: this will wipe the watch). Then I left the watch in pairing mode.

I downloaded the Gear Wearable directly from the Play Store and the FireWall app (note: requires root to use this app, but I guess since you have a custom ROM, then you must be rooted. If you're not rooted, then you're doing something wrong, having a custom ROM but being unrooted). Make sure you do not even launch the Gear Wearable App.

Then I installed the Samsung Accessory Service and the Galaxy Watch Active (in your case, just the Galaxy Watch) plugin APKs. You can find them on apkmirror.com (the most trusted site for apks, except it is filled with ads, but at least it is trusted by the community). Make sure none of the apps have been launched yet.

Then I went into the Firewall App (AFWall+) and I searched for that app (Gear wearable) : all three of them should be under one single row entry. I ticked all 3 boxes for that row. I then tap the settings (3 dots on the top right corner) and hit save and turn on firewall. This will prevent those apps from accessing network functions (cannot connect to internet, cannot update itself). Then I launched the Gear Wearable app and did the setup as normally.

I still haven't turned off my firewall, for fear of being unable to connect back after this tedious setup. There is a guy who posted a video describing this exact process on this thread. You can look for it, although he used the Gear S plugin, I did the same exact procedure but with the Watch Active plugin. I'm sure it will be the case for the Galaxy Watch plugin. Good luck! Let me know if it worked!

Last edited:

francitato02

Sep 5, 2017
I followed the instructions from the OP. I did not install the Gear S plugin, as I do not have the S2/3 watch.

I uninstalled everything that the OP said to uninstall (1. Gear wearable, 2. all plugins, 3. Samsung Accessory Service, 4. SASystemProviders). You'll have to go into [on your phone] settings -->apps --> include system apps to make sure all 4 of those apps are uninstalled.

I unlinked the watch from the bluetooth menu on my phone. I went on my watch, and went into settings and scrolled to the bottom, where it says "Connect a new phone." I followed the on-watch screen instructions (note: this will wipe the watch). Then I left the watch in pairing mode.

I downloaded the Gear Wearable directly from the Play Store and the FireWall app (note: requires root to use this app, but I guess since you have a custom ROM, then you must be rooted. If you're not rooted, then you're doing something wrong, having a custom ROM but being unrooted). Make sure you do not even launch the Gear Wearable App.

Then I installed the Samsung Accessory Service and the Galaxy Watch Active (in your case, just the Galaxy Watch) plugin APKs. You can find them on apkmirror.com (the most trusted site for apks, except it is filled with ads, but at least it is trusted by the community). Make sure none of the apps have been launched yet.

Then I went into the Firewall App (AFWall+) and I searched for that app (Gear wearable) : all three of them should be under one single row entry. I ticked all 3 boxes for that row. I then tap the settings (3 dots on the top right corner) and hit save and turn on firewall. This will prevent those apps from accessing network functions (cannot connect to internet, cannot update itself). Then I launched the Gear Wearable app and did the setup as normally.

I still haven't turned off my firewall, for fear of being unable to connect back after this tedious setup. There is a guy who posted a video describing this exact process on this thread. You can look for it, although he used the Gear S plugin, I did the same exact procedure but with the Watch Active plugin. I'm sure it will be the case for the Galaxy Watch plugin. Good luck! Let me know if it worked!

i've tried to do exactly what you did, but nothing, always same loop at the end :(

KidSpartan

Apr 15, 2015
Try downloading the exact same version number of the apps that OP posted. I know it didn't work for me if I used the latest version of the Samsung Accessory Service apk.

I also used the very first version of the Watch Active plugin.

Reactions: francitato02

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is a temporary fix for the connection problems with Samsung Wearables in Pie custom Rom ports from Note FE
    Requirements:
    • Galaxy Wearable: Last version from Play Store is working
    • Samsung Gear S Plugin (Can you try with the apk for your device but it is important that the application version ends in "N". For example, the version of Gear S Plugin that worked for me is 2.2.03.19032541N). Versions ending in "N" as seen versions are used for phones that are not and do not have Samsung TouchWiz, Samsung experience or One UI Download here
    • Samsung Accessory service: Download here
    • AFWall+: Download here
    Instructions:
    1. Unistall Galaxy Wear apps (Galaxy Wearable, plugin, accessory service, SASystemProviders, etc).
    2. Unlink device from bluetooth settings
    3. Install the mentioned apps
    4. Open Galaxy Wearable app, configure and link your device (If the device don't link and at stuck in "Finishing pairing", make a factory reset from settings in the watch and try again).
    5. Once linked and configured, run the AFWall + app and configure how it is in the attached screenshot
    6. Enjoy!

This is what worked for me

This is what worked on my Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) and Galaxy Watch Active (SM-R500)

- uninstall all samsung apps/services
    - unpair watch from bluetooth if exists
    - turn off internet (wifi & mobile data)
    - reboot phone
    - reset watch

- Manual install APK's (sdcard or Downloads)
    1. Install com.samsung.accessory_3.1.91.80809.apk
    2. Install 4_com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager_2019-09-02.apk
    3. Install 4_com.samsung.android.gearpplugin_2019-09-03.apk
    4. Install 5_com.sec.android.app.shealth_2019-09-17.apk

- Hide all Samsung services from root in Magisk Manager
    - Open Wear APP and finally paired
    - Goto AFWALL block gear, dont forget to hit apply. After updating Wear apk, the watch wont pair anymore.
    - enable wifi+mobiledata

Apologies, I am a new user and I am not allowed to paste links to the APK's. I got the first one from the first post, and the last 3 from apkmonk,.

Thanks,
    I'm using BlackDiamond NFE V3 with Gear S3 Frontier and works great but with a procedure a little different mentioned by OP.
    This is the way that worked for me:

1. Clear data from Galaxy Wearable and uninstall Galaxy Wear apps (Gear S plugin, accessory service, SASystemProviders, etc).
    2. Unpair device from bluetooth settings.
    3. Install the apps provided by OP.
    4. Open AFWall+ (IMPORTANT: Second icon at the top corner -> "Block selected") and check the 3 boxes like the screenshot from OP. Apply and activate the firewall.
    5. Open Galaxy Wearable app and follow the configuration.

Thank you @thrasher97
    Are you downloading Galaxy watch plugin instead Gear s plugin?
    Damnit...that was the problem...wow.. I'm so happy..thank you sooooo much!!! I was in the process of downloading an Oreo rom for my phone....again..a billion thanks[emoji106][emoji122][emoji106][emoji122][emoji91][emoji817][emoji91][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk