[ROM][9.0][whyred] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2019/12/12]

Search This thread

Dev_Rangan

Jan 10, 2017
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Anyone facing random saturation colors in display?? I'm facing it and the colors are very dark.this has never happened to me before installing the pie firmware.. please anyone tell me about this
Edit- this issue started when I went back to miui and from there it persist sometimes. So this issue is present from miui.
Anyone please??? Also screen brightness is fluctuating after touching

Rin

Jan 22, 2012
Does this rom work with orange fox recovery? On the page, when downloading, there is information to download a specific (but not official) version of twrp.

DumbGuru

Jan 2, 2018
Does this rom work with orange fox recovery? On the page, when downloading, there is information to download a specific (but not official) version of twrp.
Short answer: yes

Longer answer: you'll need to use OrangeFox 9.0.1 if you're on Oreo firmware and 9.0.2 if you're on pie firmware.

I first updated to 9.0.2, rebooted straight to recovery and flashed the pie firmware, then PE ROM.
Others have updated the firmware first, then OrangeFox.

bragzter

May 1, 2011
Anyone else experiencing random reboots while listening to music via Bluetooth on the latest build. Has happened to me on multiple occassions. Did a clean install, but it still happens.

xkifah

Aug 5, 2013
Homs
Hi All,

Any one experiencing random reboots with the latest build, anything to do because of the recovery ?
cheers !
I confirm that even with the version 04/06 AOSP, clean flash, continuous reboots with battery below 10%
Happens to me aswell, when phone is low on battery it randomly reboots, sometime i cant eneter pin to unlock phone.(need to turn off screen and on and then it works).
Bugs of reboots randomly when the phone is charging since 5/6%

Flashing basickernel (pie fw) will fix this issue for now, and the kernel actually works good with this rom.
https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development/kernel-basickernel-t3858954

Reactions: GabbyWC

Muhammadsoli

Apr 30, 2015
[*]FW 10.3.1.0 PEIMIXM 9.0 + ROM 20190419-2125-AOSP
I have been sticking to 0419 build of PE for the last two months. Is it possible to use Pie FW with it? I use PureCAF kernel and the lastest realeases require Pie FW and that 0419 was on Oreo FW has been holding me back from trying to use newer versions of the kernel

Jun 1, 2019

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 5 / Pro [whyred]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP/CAF based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FMRadio
Fingerprint reader
IR
Lights
Sound / vibration
Facelock
Encryption

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Telegram channel
Stay tuned

XDA:DevDB Information
PixelExperience Pie, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Contributors
jhenrique09
Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader
Based On: AOSP/CAF

Version Information

Created 2018-08-16
Last Updated 2019-06-04

First of all, I'd like to say thank you, you doing a great job. But I also would like to point out somethings that are not working so well. The fist one is: why the front flash doesn't light up in this gcam app? Second: I don't know if it is because I'm using fluid NG, but sometimes when I'm in a game or Netflix and turn the volume, the animation gets stuck
And last but not least, why my battery goes down so fast? Even with dark mode I can't get till 7 at night without put it in the charger once more.

Another question: will we have pixel experience with Android Q!? That would be awesome!

Attachments

• 1282206262.jpg
    1282206262.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 593

onliner

Oct 29, 2016
First of all, I'd like to say thank you, you doing a great job. But I also would like to point out somethings that are not working so well. The fist one is: why the front flash doesn't light up in this gcam app? Second: I don't know if it is because I'm using fluid NG, but sometimes when I'm in a game or Netflix and turn the volume, the animation gets stuck

And last but not least, why my battery goes down so fast? Even with dark mode I can't get till 7 at night without put it in the charger once more.

Another question: will we have pixel experience with Android Q!? That would be awesome!

1- Don't reply the OP.
2-App issue, use another gcam.
3-Blame the gestures app.
4-Battery = subjective, some users are facing random drains, but in my case the battery life is excelent as always, try with a clean flash.

PS: You are using LCD screen, dark mode won't affect the screen power consumption.

rounakr94

Jan 29, 2015
www.techreprise.com
Did you flashed kernel on the latest build? Because when I flashed it, it always booted to fastboot mode.

Exactly same issue for me. In latest build Kernel flashing made phone to go into fastboot.
Also,
The problem is that the 1612Mhz CPU core is always active even when browsing and when listening to music. If anyone has any solution please help. Stability is great but only 6hours Screen on time with wifi vs 12hr on miui is killing me. Need to charge phone 3times a day.
See attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190612-083409.png
    Screenshot_20190612-083409.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:

Rajat Paradva

Aug 4, 2017
thnx for the great rom dev. but i have found some bugs and issues in this rom like...

letest build of PE whyred caf 2019/06/04

1. GPS not working properly ...
2. dialer app video call not working.
3. charging speed to slow. battery drainage faster than aspected . ( my device is new only get 3.4 hours of SOT. )
4. when device is full chargerd LED dont turn of automatically.
5. in google camera video zoomed to much like 80% and front camera resolution only have 5mp.
6. playstore bug since most of biuld like instagram and other apps dont support. everytime clear the cathe and dat of the playstore to solve this issue.
7. somtimes random rebbot issue when device is a less battery.
8. weather app not working in homescreen.
9. offline charging LED not working.
10. little bit hitting issues...

Dev_Rangan

Jan 10, 2017
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Exactly same issue for me. In latest build Kernel flashing made phone to go into fastboot.
Also,
The problem is that the 1612Mhz CPU core is always active even when browsing and when listening to music. If anyone has any solution please help. Stability is great but only 6hours Screen on time with wifi vs 12hr on miui is killing me. Need to charge phone 3times a day.
See attachment.
I recommend to you to stay on stock kernel

Top Liked Posts