MIUI10 le pro3

Search This thread

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
Last edited:

Daniel Doughlas

Nov 7, 2014
The Miui 8.1 that I uploaded a few weeks ago is still maybe one of the best Miui Roms that I have tried on the Le Pro 3. But I agree the new AOSIP seems interesting especially since it has Android Q beta rom features. I am going to try it as well.
Yes the last Agustin Aosip made me lose the urge to try out any other rom, it's very solid, beautiful and fast, I do not intend to use another rom for now

Reactions: tsongming

TomoB

Mar 6, 2016
Rybnica
Hi. My rom miui pro v1. I have a problem with magisk. Its crashed. I install it by twrp and for few days it crashed again. (Magisk 19.2). Any solutions?

beeduq

Nov 12, 2010
Maniitsoq
Honor 7
LeEco Le Pro3
Extract the boot image, place it in the downloads folder and then patch magisk to that image. It should automatically reboot the phone and installed the patched image. if it doesn't work, install the boot image in TWRP and then flash Magisk 18.1, some of these roms have a problem with 19.

Also, I don't think that I have tried that rom since Vidola reported that he fixed it. Are you still experiencing heat issues? Ideally your battery temp should idle at 85 to 95 F and 100 to 105F for the cores. If it is hotter than that, your battery idles higher than 104F it will be dead within 2 to 3 months, my daughters battery is near death right now. Because she removed magisk and didn't tell me that her phone was getting hot.

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

I haven't had any app crash issues. But as you have said we have slightly different devices.

Hi. My rom miui pro v1. I have a problem with magisk. Its crashed. I install it by twrp and for few days it crashed again. (Magisk 19.2). Any solutions?

Solution, but I never tried it before.

Reactions: TomoB

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
Solution, but I never tried it before.

?

Well try it. It definitely works or I would not make the post Lol.

But seriously, I am also using the Miui Pro rom right now, with no changes to the thermals or to the cores and it's pretty great. I always use the boot extraction method for Magisk issues and it always works on any phone that I use.

Reactions: beeduq

entekss

Dec 13, 2017
I try it more than 5 times and have no proplem for flashing. please flash twrp 3.2.3.1 and flash other miui rom, after flash this rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI 10 first beta by mr.zhu developer
    Thanks for all their Perfect hard work . I'm not modifying his Rom .
    link
    Android 7.1.2
    NEW UPDATE 29/7/2018
    https://mega.nz/#!PB0iHYwI!GFKHthH_E37u29-KbBID-Voi6Ada-QiL2oD7kx-pSgs

2018.7.29 update content
    Based on MIUI10 8.7.26 public beta version
    Fix a bug that the call is not heard by the other party
    Fix support for meters (headphones and sound effects)
    Repair high temperature automatic lock large core
    Repair charging cutoff
    Fix Bluetooth playback music silent
    Root license changed to Magisk
    Integrate new cameras and security centers, etc

This update is stable and highly optimized, many changes has been made since last version , clean flash recommended .

source : http://bbs.ydss.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1242622&pe=2&mobile=2
    Eat Chicken

Hello guys,

I've a question regarding those steps.

Which boot.img should i take to flash after the su remover?

Enviado desde mi LEX722 mediante Tapatalk

I am making a post on this again due to the many Pm's that I received

I unpacked this Rom and repacked it without Supersu, and I replaced Supersu with Magisk. However, I did not save the setup script and Magisk doesn't get installed so You will need to flash Magisk.

In my opinion, this Rom is the best Miui Rom for the Le Pro 3, even though its Nougat it is flawless. The experience is similar to Pie and everything works. But it requires tweaking to make it perfect.

I have updated the Eat Chicken 2 file by removing Supersu and adding Magisk. Unfortunately I used an older version of Magisk by accident so I would recommend reflashing Magisk after flashing bean gapps. I uploaded these files to Android File Host for posterity.

MiUi-Can-Eat-ChickenToo X720-Miu-iPort.zip ( All credit Goes to Cold Ruthless,[/B]
    I did nothing but remove SuperSu, and change the Name. ( Literally eating chicken is slang for living the good life (informal) Mandarin Chinese) which is what the version 1 was called

Next I uploaded the file to AFH for posterity and easy access for Le Pro 3 users on XDA, I tried to give him credit in the description but it does not show the description for some reason)

MiUi-Can-Eat-ChickenToo X720-Miu-iPort
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397894640

X722 users only : Patch 3
    This Patch file will convert this rom into being compatible with your X722, see my other posts for additional how tos and Bean Gapps.

Important if you want it to work
    Note the patch file has been compressed twice ( to keep X720/X727 Users form flashing ) unzip the file and flash the zip file inside.

Here is the GCAM Camera that works ( Its manual focus so don't tap to focus) Settings have to be correct see my Drive videos for the settings https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGCB_7.0H_C2API_Min_v.2.1_AllinOne 60fps BurstOff.apk
    By the way the Gcam that I posted above is also stellar. But it focuses by itself and for the best images without focus issues go into settings and select

Moto Cam is really good
    Also if you install the Moto cam from the play store it is almost as good as Gcam and does not have the touch focus issue. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.cameraone&hl=en_US

Ignore the reviews, Those people are clueless, it works extremely well, I assuming that it works only works well because I am rooted and they are not.

Note: you can only install this after flashing the Magisk addon xml pack - a road to vendor apps. ( Module Is No Longer Updated On The Xda Thread, Use The Magisk Repo Instead!)

Videos
    I made some Videos that show what the rom basically looks like ( note I am using Smart Launcher) but it shows the Magisk Mods and my Camera settings too.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1grd2mVz5v5N39QHlA1A5bP-eWpKNleqM

The video link above is the folder with my camera settings and setup

If you are new to Miui
    Miui requires alot of setup. But once setup it works very well and this version is truly perfect.
    You need to give permission to every app.

Unfortunately Miui like Pie is not instantaneous gratification.
    To really get its benefits you need to explore every nook and cranny to optimize all aspects of what the rom can do. To get your contacts from Google, you can sync the google services to the contacts app. Go to the Miui page for how to info.

You need to give or take away permission to for every single app, give data access or take it away, give unlimited access to running in the background or take it away etc. https://in.c.mi.com/thread-1701975-1-0.html You can find alot of answers to any of your questions on this website.

Themes
    Yes, the theme store works but it is in Chinese. It doesn't matter because you can still use search terms such v10, ( sort results to show new first) Search terms such a Black, Pixel, IOS, Samsung, Dark, Pie, Oreo, BestThemeTeam, Mix, Mix 2, Mix 3 etc. Also you can import English themes, which I have found themes far better than anything that I have seen in the them store. I will upload those to Mega a post a link.

Speaking of Mega, I bought a Mi8 and my megadrive is full of LePro3 stuff. I would like to keep that stuff up and available. But, half of my free space has expired. If willing, please send me a PM with you email address so that I can send you a link to join Mega ( Its free, and you get 15GB of permanent space and 20GB of temp space) If people click my link and join, plus download the Mega app to their phone ( can be temporary) I will get a year of extended space, this will allow me to regain the space and I can restore alot of files that I had to remove. ( again these files are for you guys, I have no need whatsoever to keep them on Mega when I have plenty of hardDrive space at home) so by helping me you are helping your self and others.

Back to the Rom
    Again the instructions are on this thread, you can find them within a few minutes by using the search box.

But here are the basics...Again.

Wipe your drive, you probably will not need to format storage (EDIT : If you were previously using a Miui Rom or EUI) If you were using any other Rom, you will need to format, blame Google.

Install the Rom> Bean Gapps > Magisk 18.1 etc. ( Edit: Magisk is the same Magisk that you use on every rom)

Refer to these posts for more details
    https://xdaforums.com/le-pro3/development ( Ignore part about Super Su, I removed it)
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78835503&postcount=969

Tsongming, [Feb 3, 2019, 1:04:03 AM (2/3/19, 1:08:07 AM)]:
    (Paraphrased from various Miui Website posts)
    ...B]Memory Settings

To enable Developer Options : Settings App > About Phone > MIUI Version > Keep on tapping till it is enabled.
    * Settings App > Additional Settings > Developer Options
    * Window Animation Scale: 0.5x or Off
    * Transition Animation Scale: 0.5x or Off
    * Animator Animation Scale: 0.5x or Off
    * Don't Keep Activities : Disabled

* Background Process Limit : Standard Limit
    * Memory Optimization : Miui functions much better with it turned on. Turning off will cause Rom to revert to default AOSP settings and remind you its nougat, Turned on will make the experience smooth and fluid like Oreo and Pie

Turn On MIUI Optimization :
    This option enables a plethora of MIUI based settings & optimizations as per the guidelines set by the MIUI developers. This setting can sometimes cause a variety of issues on non-MIUI based apps such as Google Apps & Apps from Google Playstore. Its better to disable if you rely on Google Playstore for apps & services.

This will be my last extensive post here for a while at least. Do not PM me. You are welcome to to use @tsongming and I will answer in the thread. Otherwise If you have a question ask it in this thread. Too many PM's about Miui.

Thanks to everyone, I have really enjoyed all of the people on the Leeco pro 3 section ( Too many people to list)

I did not proofread so please forgive the typos.

If I left anything out, Trust that it has already been explained by myself, @Ramg77 or @rob_z11 on this thread. Please use the search box above. Again ( Search this thread, everything, absolutely every question has already been answered )

Finally, when looking for your next phone, take a look at the Mix 2, 3 or the Mi8, Mi8 lite, and Redmi Note 6 pro. I have talked my whole family into buying Xiaomi phones and every one of the phones that I have seen has been impressive. My Moms Mi8 came in today, and it is incredibly beautiful and its performance is incredible.

Here is the EDIT: With the INFO You wanted (Feb 22)
    Addon for the many many PM's ( hence my no more PM's about Miui comment)
    The instructions are already on this thread, use the search box and search for tsongming to find my input quickly. (However, I am not the only person who made contributions on this thread see Rob and Rangu FYI: the latest posts are the most relevant, seriously it is not that hard to browse through a few pages or do a keyword search. I am not checking XDA or Telegram at all recently. But you can certainly find everything you need on this thread.

Priority:
    1. You must format storage ( Ignore what I wrote above, that was intended for people who were migrating from an earlier version of Miui.)
    2. f you have a X722, you must flash the patch, ( Its zipped twice, unpack it an flash the file inside)

Get additional Files Here ( Gapps, Themes, Patch for X722)
    My Mega Drive: https://mega.nz/#F!xYwyHAya
    Key: He7cW94-ElKvfh-FFmFeKw

Get compatible audio Mods here :https://zackptg5.com/android.php#viper
    Working Dolby is at that link.

Pixel Camera: Yes its works...Well!
    1. I posted the link to the working camera, it only works if setup correctly, see the videos that I made which includes the settings.
    2. I am using a different phone now but I think it was this one https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGC_5.1.014_7.0H_C2API_v.1.2_AllinOne.apk ( If not search for the other post, turn off Miui optimization while setting up) Flash Magisk modules from video.

This is Rare but called for, a special Treat for the Rude PM's
    *[ROM][TREBLE][X72X][8.1] MIUI10 (8.1) Oreo - Version: 8.9.20

Disclaimer: Flash at your own Risk

ROM: MIUI10 (8.1) Oreo -
    Development Version:*8.9.20
    Android version:*Oreo-8.1*
    Release Date : September 23 - 2018
    Applicable models: x720/x727/X722, C105/C105-6/C105-8*
    Developer:*Nine face Liu*Aka: Nine-faced willow
    Download Link: Updated on January 1 - I deleted the link because although this Rom was great, Gapps did not work on this build. As of December 2018 We have an updated version of this original build by JMKL. the broken Gapps issue has been resolved and the security certificate has been updated:
    Get it Here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78413990&postcount=770

Known bugs:
    Native Appstore doesn’t connect - Use Playstore Instead ( Setup Rom first then playstore : Skip initial Playstore setup)
    Native audio effects settings FC - Use Viper instead
    Slow setup, be patient
    Any other bugs : You tell me, in comments

Changelog:
    09/23/2018
    *update to miui10_8.9.20
    *deodexed
    *fix fingerprint
    *fix bluetooth
    *fix IR remote
    *fix button backlight
    *fix position of status bar
    *fix stock camera app FC’s

09/10/2018
    fix lcd brightness
    fix dpi settings

Credits:
    @RoguePig (fingerprint fix)
    @fxsheep (brought us the first miui GSI)
    @codeworkx and @shiva, etc
    Testers from ydss:mad:164291606, @kucheng, @hua2007

Message from Tsongming
    “ I am sharing this amazing Rom with the expressed permission of the Rom building machine Jiu Mu Xiang Liu aka: JMXL, @九面相柳

If you haven't tried MIUI here is your chance.
    Miui brings something unique, and this is the first fully stable version of miui 10 Oreo available for our phone.

Introduction:
    First of all, thanks to @codeworkx, @shivatejapeddi and other developers for bringing us project treble, but also thanks to fxsheep for bringing us the MISI10 GSI image and @haky86 deserves credit for bringing the first version of trebled Twrp which inspired the initial test version of this rom possible. Thanks to @jmxL, for integrating all the bottom packages and fix packs, he modified the dpi settings, and fixed the backlight problem and now the 8.1-based MIUI10 is basically ready for daily use!

New test build
    • X722 compatibility Commits were added
    • Added Treble support (from Lineage)
    • Updated to Linux 3.18.122
    • Updated RamDisk
    • Updated NFC ( Thanks @codeworkx)
    • September security patch

All Recognition for this build goes to the following people

Just like the last build, requires no base rom

Installation Instructions (Initial setup is slow)
    • Use latest TWRP from Codeworks,
    • Use Latest Pico Gapps 8.1 ( Arm 64 )
    • Runs Best with Blackscreen 5.3.r3

Part 1
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Full advanced Wipe
    • Install Rom, Magisk 17.1, Clear Caches > Setup System, Reboot to recovery

Part 2
    • Flash Gapps 8.1.0 Pico
    • Flash BlackScreen 5.3.r3
    • Reflash Magisk
    • Reboot to recovery, reboot to OS > Enjoy!
    • FYI Gapps, will initially, hang, setup Magisk all of your usual Magisk Modules first reboot then enjoy a solid Rom

Newcomers to Miui
    • Ported Miui is quirky, you will have to learn those quirks that come with initial setup.
    • Don’t get discouraged by initial slowness or rom, once setup , it will be fully worthwhile.

Edit: Update Notice:

Although Google Play, recognises my device, there is an issue. I think that webview has the wrong date?
    Apps, can be installed through Yalp Store, or other means until this is resolved.

Unexpectedly, My wonderful, beautiful angel of a grandmother just died, so I will not be able to support for a couple of days.
    Miui 10 - Oreo 8.1.
    ( Designed for X720/X727/X722/S1 ( X722 see note)

Adapted by kot1211

Kot 1211 stated that its "Adapted Chinese" : He didn't give credit, no worries probably because the name was in Chinese Out of curiosity, I compared the files with the program Beyond Compare and I now know without a doubt, that the foundation is theoriginal Oreo build by JMKL aka: Nine Faced Liu. Well per Kot1211's own words : "70% of it" anyway.

Regardless, Kot1211 spent a lot of time ( surely many hours and possible days) perfecting this ROM to work with Gapps, the Rom is Miui 10 on Oreo 8.1 so what more can you say? Of course, it's good.

Here is the Link
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ShbHOiiuJGDxgEBRSd2zyDQtf9uBuZo8

X722 Users,
    • Install the patch to use on the Elite X722
    • Absolutely this ROM is compatible, with the patch.

Features
    • Pre-Rooted with Magisk. ( will need to update to Magisk 18.0)
    • Gapps Included
    • Google Camera working without issue

Installation Steps
    • Install Twrp or Codeworks 10/31 TWRP ( this Rom is treble ready)
    • Fully Wipe Device - May not need format, unless you face an issue.
    • Install Rom ( All inclusive) ( First install the Rom and nothing else)
    • Reboot to Recovery ( Check boxes for TWRP manager installation > if present)
    • Reboot to system. ( First time boot will take a while : don't be surprised if it takes 15 minutes.)

Initial setup in English.
    • After setup, reboot > expect 4 to 5 wait > do not panic

Languages if needed
    I
    • install locale 2.
    • Choose preferred language > Unfortunately must choose an add-on language at each boot.

Addendum 12/28: If you install the Magisk Pixelfy 3, as well as Google Assistant, Talk and Accessibility Suite,etc. The ROM will update from the Miui Servers and the Global features will be installed, which includes world languages ( I found out today by accident)

What does not work
    1. Built in headset settings do not work.
    2. NFC : Not working > Everything else is perfect.

Tsongming Notes

Otherwise per OP everything else works fine
    • Its Miui 10 using Oreo 8.1
    • Excellent Sound quality ( Music and phone reception)
    • Fast fluidity of the system
    • You can can use a custom kernel such as BlackScreen 5.4

Note:
    • These details of this post were translated and paraphrased from the OP on 4PDA
    • I have used this Rom and its great!

Per kot1211 : He said something that did not translate so well about the "logo font" ( boot animation?)

Edit it is the boot animation: ( Its an Anime character)
    • This can of course be changed to whatever you want.
    • There is plenty of compatible boot animation, including stock Miui on XDA, Also some Miui themes include the boot animation such as the Black Shark theme.

Hey @rob_z11
    You have waited for this one.

Another Awesome Update,
    a week ago I posted a warning about MSM thermals being turned off by default and the phone is somewhat hot until changing kernel settings.

Tonight, I was able to solve this issue with a flashable thermal patch ( not EUI) See attached

Install Rom
    • Boot to system
    • Use built-in cleaner to delete any unwanted apps
    • Boot to Recovery > Install Black Screen 6.11 > and flash patch for thermals ( Credit for patch creation goes to Jabashque for creating it. )
    • Now with the thermal patch the Rom really is flawless, or the best Miui we have seen yet!
    • Enjoy it! , and flash whatever mods you want they will work just fine.

Attached patches
    • 3patch is for X722 users
    • Perf+thermal is the thermal fix I mentioned above.
    • Miui 10 is boot animation, install it after initial setup
    what is everyone running now? Seems like MiUi is on the back burner. Is MiUi 10 v8.1 any good? I am liking the Benzo which is running well on Lineage Treble.

I am using Havoc. For me, its the best GSI Yet. You are right, and this thread isn't really the place for GSI. But neither is the Haky thread since we are no longer using His Twrp. Although, he helped us alot by building it, so thanks to him. I have read on the Miui website that Miui 10 GSI P builds are close to being released so that will be awesome.

Something useful for the community
    I would like to create a very thorough thread that explains how to install a GSI Roms and within the OP and it will have all

Links to all of the GSI Roms on the OP page. - people can write reviews on ead GSI build
    Highly detailed step by step instructions, so clear that our grandmothers could follow.
    A listing of working boots and recommended addons. This thread should be a group effort.

The problem with adding on to an existing thread is that it is confusing for someone new.
    I am thinking that we create the thread and that anyone interested can reserved the first couple of comment spots and then edit those comments and help keep the thread up to date, this way we collectively build something useful, that is easy to follow for people visiting XDA for the first time.

Does this sound like a good idea? Is anyone interested in helping?