[ROM][9][Pie][Flo][UNOFFICIAL] Pixel Experience Plus (2/13/2020)

Search This thread

redwings73

Oct 21, 2011
Hey I've installed this ROM, but I can't figure out how to get the SIM card to be recognized on a my deb device....any thoughts or quick fixes?

Reactions: JT1510365

focalguy

Dec 20, 2008
Sorry if this is a dumb question but with NFC disabled, does that mean wireless charging won't work? The device is new to me so I don't know if the charging is broken or if it's the NFC.

gordonlw

Jun 2, 2015
Thank you for this! I hadn't even turned my 7 on in 2 years or so. Haven't rooted or flashed roms in about as long. I had purenexas rom 7.?? and had no issues flashing this. As someone else pointed out I did have to change the partition layout but that was easy as well.

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
White Lake
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Inspire 4G
How frequently do you intend to release updates?

I maintain a lot of ROMs for many devices including my nexus 7 2013 and I have a personal life and a job so don't expect me to make every monthly updates for every rom. I will be posting two more roms for flo today which are bootleggers pie and xenonhd pie and then tomorrow will be the latest version of liquid remix. I tried building the latest update of pixel experience but I ran into a build issue with gapps and I can't figure out how to get the rom to compile. My time is not worth dealing with this rom if the developers that made the code for pe don't even know to to make it so that you can build the rom properly. To me that's not good IMO and that's why there hasn't been a update:) I will try again next month to try to build this ROM again.

jhford

I maintain a lot of ROMs for many devices including my nexus 7 2013 and I have a personal life and a job so don't expect me to make every monthly updates for every rom. I will be posting two more roms for flo today which are bootleggers pie and xenonhd pie and then tomorrow will be the latest version of liquid remix. I tried building the latest update of pixel experience but I ran into a build issue with gapps and I can't figure out how to get the rom to compile. My time is not worth dealing with this rom if the developers that made the code for pe don't even know to to make it so that you can build the rom properly. To me that's not good IMO and that's why there hasn't been a update:) I will try again next month to try to build this ROM again.
I don't want you to misinterpret my post. I found you based on a recommendation by one your most ardent followers, CPCYCROW, and I not only appreciate what you do on XDA, I'm amazed. You're all over the place on XDA. Why do you do this? And I'm glad to learn that you also have an N7 2013; I have 2 debs. Take your time with the updates. No worries. But I would also appreciate knowing which ROM you use for your device and why?
Thanks again ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Klk15 and JT1510365

Belac77

Jun 26, 2014
Any plans for another build for July? I've got a couple bugs, like it always asks me if I want to use Action Launcher as my homescreen despite me already setting it every time, and when I try to change notification sound in settings, it crashes.

pharar

Apr 7, 2010
E3004 this package is for device: deb

Hi there!
I've got a trouble trying to flash this ROM.
When using the TWRP3.0.2, I've got this error:

E3004: This package is for device: deb; this device is .
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

Any clue to fix this? This is a Nexus 2013 SIM card (so I guess that it is a deb one), updating from a STOCK 6.0.1..
I tried also the tool "Fix contexts" but it was done but no luck.
Thanks very much! :confused:

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
White Lake
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Inspire 4G
Thanks for your hard work. Is it possible to build pixel experience ROM based on 7.1.2 with the latest security update where everything works perfectly.
Thanks.

there is no pixel experience rom that is based on android nougat 7.1.2. I would recommend aex nougat that i built because it has the latest security patches and everything works or you can use anybody elses rom that they made

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
White Lake
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Inspire 4G
Hey everybody sorry i haven't been posting builds lately. I have deciced to stop making roms for a couple months for all my devices because it feels like too much work for me at the moment and i am trying to deal with my personal mental health issues that i am currently working on. This isn't a goodbye i will eventually start developing and making roms again i just don't know when i will have the motivation to come back. But when i come back from taking my break i will try to update most of my roms for you all:)

Also i deeply apologize to the people that requested any sort of help and that have emailed or private messaged me here on xda. I have seen your messages and i will respond to you all and try to help eventually but right now that's not my priority. I just got too much stuff going on with my life but it's nothing against any of you. I love to help people but my sanity and mental health is more important.

I hope you all can understand:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FGtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience Plus for ASUS Nexus 7 2013 [Flo/Deb]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0 PIE

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED IN ROM!​

Installation:

1. Download the ROM and Magisk from the links below.
    2. Wipe everything except internal storage.
    3. Reboot recovery you will have no OS installed but that's ok i promise your device will boot back into recovery.
    4. Flash the ROM and DO NOT flash GApps as it is already included!
    5. Flash Latest Magisk to get root access.
    6. Reboot and Enjoy!

Known issues:

- You will be required to repartition your device to at least 1.3gb. If you have anything higher or exact than 1.3gb than your fine.
    - Navigation bar glitches sometimes.
    - Deep Sleep does not work when NFC is enabled so i recommend you disable it when your not using it to get your tablet to go in deep sleep.
    - When you boot up the ROM for the first time you may notice that the boot animation will freeze and then your device reboots back to the google logo. This is not a device side issue but a ROM side issue but let the tablet reboot a couple times if necessary & your tablet will eventually boot to the setup wizard and into the ROM. This is normal.
    - Use Latest Official TWRP recovery below for Flo which is version 3.3.1.0 and you won't have the install supersu thing when you reboot recovery.
    - You tell us!

Downloads:

Latest 2/13 build for Flo is here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261722127
    Download folder for Flo is here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=293644
    Magisk: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    TWRP: https://dl.twrp.me/flo/twrp-3.3.1-0-flo.img.html

Sources:

Flo Device Tree: https://github.com/followmsi/android_device_asus_flo/tree/pixel-pie
    Deb Device Tree: https://github.com/followmsi/android_device_asus_deb/tree/pixel-pie
    Kernel: https://github.com/followmsi/android_kernel_google_msm/tree/followmsi-pie
    Vendor: https://github.com/followmsi/android_vendor/tree/flo-deb-lineage-16.0
    Hey everybody sorry i haven't been posting builds lately. I have deciced to stop making roms for a couple months for all my devices because it feels like too much work for me at the moment and i am trying to deal with my personal mental health issues that i am currently working on. This isn't a goodbye i will eventually start developing and making roms again i just don't know when i will have the motivation to come back. But when i come back from taking my break i will try to update most of my roms for you all:)

Also i deeply apologize to the people that requested any sort of help and that have emailed or private messaged me here on xda. I have seen your messages and i will respond to you all and try to help eventually but right now that's not my priority. I just got too much stuff going on with my life but it's nothing against any of you. I love to help people but my sanity and mental health is more important.

I hope you all can understand:)
    Edit: Forget what I said I decided to continue builds and I changed my mind:)
    I know life outside xda and challenges make this hard to define.... But any gut feeling of when this may be? Months,weeks or "just sit back it and be patient will come when its ready" :p

I am downloading the pixel experience pie ROM sources right now and after that I will run a build for both flo and deb. Will take 5 to 6 hours to make the build though so I hope you can be patient. Making these ROMs require a lot of time unfortunately. Will update you all soon when the build is available.
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but with NFC disabled, does that mean wireless charging won't work? The device is new to me so I don't know if the charging is broken or if it's the NFC.

Wireless charging should work with NFC turned off