[Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 7 Series

Search This thread

sToRm1nG

What's the difference between GM21AA and BA?
Why the need for two ROMs? @Funk Wizard

I live in Australia and on the at Australian OnePlus download page it has the BA version, which should I install

AFAIK there are different build tags for different variants and 9.5.5 was released for the EU Region where as 9.5.4 for Indian Region and 9.5.6 was a bug fix build on top of 9.5.4 for the US Region.
GM21AA: GM1911: India & GM1917: Global/US Unlocked
GM21BA: GM1913: EU
GM27BA: GM1920: EU 5G
GM31CB: GM1915: T-Mobile (Carrier Locked)

Thus for now Latest builds are as follows:
9.5.6 US Region
9.5.5 EU Region
9.5.4 Indian Region

Hope that clears some air :fingers-crossed:
I'd assume that if you see tha BA version on the Australian Oneplus website Australia is being supplied with the EU variant.

@Funk Wizard
Maybe it would be best to add all variants to the OP, what do you think?

sumondhk1

Oct 15, 2013
Dhaka
phone not wake up just after removing phone from ear

phone not wake up just after removing phone from ear , I have to press the power key to wake up and end call :confused:

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
The 7 Pro seems to be missing the sound settings for headphones. I paired my bullets wireless and couldn't find the sound presets at all. Hope that gets added back.

And better WiFi for that matter. I get much lower WiFi signal than my 6T got. I'd assume that software and not hardware?

Darkmninja

Jun 16, 2019
Never update my phone again. One plus screwed 9.5.7 smoothness and touch display

Gesendet von meinem GM1913 mit Tapatalk

swejuggalo

May 15, 2012
Kalmar
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
@Funk Wizard do you know if F2FS will be made available on the OP7pro? i can see in the fstab that there is already a line there to support f2fs, why isnt it enabled by default?
F2fs is still considered to be rather new and under heavy development since bigger changes on the core still happens. But they could basically stick with some stable and maintained build if it exist and avoid major version upgrades to avoid changes that could cause conflicts.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

VeNoM141

Mar 26, 2013
Mumbai
Does any 1 having problem opening camera...when i open camera it lags a lil den stables and den when i switch to portrait mode and try to click pic camera app crashes and wallpaper also changes to default this happens continues whenever i open camera !...i am on 9.5.7...model is gm1911...plzz reply ! Shld i visit sercvice centre ?

Last edited:

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
It take almost 2+ hours evertime for me to charge my OnePlus 7 Pro from 0to 100%

Number one, If it's taking that long are you using the supplied charger AND cable that came with your Phone? If so then you have something going on.

Number 2, You should NEVER let your battery drain to zero and technically below 10 or 15%. Draining your battery to zero actually harms your battery.

swejuggalo

May 15, 2012
Kalmar
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
Optimal situation on charge would be 60 minutes. A more realistic time would be closer to 80+. Ambient temperatures, added heat isolation by cases and background drain makes a differens so variations will exist.
I'm not sure how high it can go with no real error behind it.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Kookitza

May 21, 2010
Holon
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Attachments

• photo_2019-06-18_18-43-12.jpg
    photo_2019-06-18_18-43-12.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:

phil1737

Jul 17, 2013
I updated my GM1917 to 9.5.8 using the full zip from Oxygen Updater. I'm in the U.S. and on Verizon, completely stock and unrooted. I'm pleased the latest updates have fixed the phone app showing "RESTRICTED" whenever I received a call from someone not in my contacts. However, now when I try to end a call my screen stays blank. I have to double-tap to wake the screen so I can press the "End Call" button. I have NO screen protector. I read some threads about calibrating the proximity sensor using the engineering mode, but apparently that option is no longer available with the newer updates. Anyone else have this issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    M98FSUI.png

Hi Everyone,

The rollout of OxygenOS version 10.0 was paused due to certain bugs and we are starting to release version 10.0.1 now with some bug fixes.

Code:
    Changelog:

System
    * Upgraded to Android 10
    * Brand new UI design
    * Enhanced location permissions for privacy
    * New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
    * General bug fixes and improvements

Full Screen Gestures
    * Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
    * Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps

Game Space
    * New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience

Smart display
    * Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Smart Display)

* Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)

Camera
    * Improved photo quality

Thanks for the overwhelming amount of feedback we received both positive and constructive from users of the OnePlus 7 Pro's triple camera, both from within the media and our own community. OnePlus is committed to building products for and with our users. We value your voice!

We appreciate your active feedback and attempts to reach out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum bug report forums.

Do try out the new Feedback tool, it is now much easier and simpler for our community to report bugs and share feedback with us. If you have any questions or need help, please contact Bughunters@oneplus.com

3wgmg4E.png

As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we'll begin a broader rollout in a few days. Your feedback is appreciated. I may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously.

This OTA will have a staged rollout, the OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs,

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle :good:

Funk Wizard :highfive:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 7 Pro, ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro

Contributors
    Funk Wizard
    ROM OS Version: 10.0 Android 10

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Oxygen OS 10.0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-10

Created 2019-05-17
    Last Updated 2019-10-10
    R74sO80.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.0 for OnePlus Series, ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro

Contributors
    Funk Wizard
    ROM OS Version: 10.x Android 10

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Oxygen OS 10.0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-10

Created 2019-05-17
    Last Updated 2019-10-10
    Heads Up Team,

The team has gathered lot of feedback and is working on preparing a hotfix version to fix the reported bugs so please be patient.

Current Rollout Status: Paused

ETA: Before the end of this month / post launch

Thank you for your patience and consideration,

Funk Wizard
    Forum Moderator
    Heads Up:

In reference to this announcement, I am now on my way to OnePlus HQ and will not be available till the 10th July 2019. I shall be visiting Hong Kong and Shenzhen to meet the team in HQ for the Global Moderators Meet.

Please keep the thread clean as I would have limited access and would be engaged on mostly learning, training and some fun activities.

I shall represent the entire community and look forward to lot of positive outcome in the times to come.

Thank you for your support and keep the feedback coming :highfive:

Cheers,

Funk :)

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
    Some Recommendations

Hi Everyone :eek:

For those who had doubts or didn't understand my last message, i would like to clarify few things as we move towards Android 10
    When you get your hands on the release, i would like you to be aware of the below and backup your entire device. As its a big update and change of Android versions, please follow the below:

To begin with Clean flash is recommended and make sure you uninstall/remove all System Mods, Magisk Modules, Substratum overlays etc before you proceed. (Do Not report bugs on Dirty Flash) &/Or if you cant do a clean flash Factory reset is recommended from recovery after the update.

1. OTA is build for stock devices with locked bootloaders so if you are unlocked or any mods, please use the full zip instead of incremental and definitely clear cache after the update :good:

2. Back -up your internal (Data, Media everything that is important and not stored on cloud) :good:

3. If you are unlocked and have TWRP, make sure you use one which is Android 10 compatible and can flash the beta's only then use that TWRP :good:

4. If you face any lags or loops, factory reset after the update is recommended so again data backup is essential :fingers-crossed:

5. Make sure you check and update play service and all app updates from playstore upon first boot so that any Android 10 related updates can be installed before you start using the device and report any force closures :fingers-crossed: Keep in mind that there are many apps which are still not Android 10 compatible so there can be some third party app issues.

6. First boot will take longer than expected so be patient :good:

7. Expect bugs as this will be the one of the early release for your device so there can be some broken functionalities :fingers-crossed:

Lastly for users who have OP7/7Pro as your primary or only device i would request you to hold the update for a day or two and check the feedback on the forums for any broken functionalities before you fall for the hype :p

Also .. users who are rocking the Open Beta's should be able to dirty flash the build however i still recommend a clean flash and start fresh to avoid any backward compatibility issues (Backup all before you start)

For those who follow me know that i posted a backup heads up as similar advise when we received Pie/Oreo update but some users did not take my advise seriously and ended up with loss of data and encryption issues and had to wipe the entire device so please take the necessary backup and backup all that you cant afford to loose. The last thing i want on this thread is reports of bricked devices and loss of data due to the update :fingers-crossed:

As i have said before feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of such information we can assess and improve the experience that we offer this i would like to thank all of you for your continued feedback on our Stable and Beta Builds and we look forward to more constructive feedback from our XDA community :highfive:

Stay tuned :fingers-crossed:

PS: People on DP's clean flash and factory reset only // Dirty flash will bootloop
    Its going to be a good weekend guys, please backup everything :)