[H930DS][STOCK][OREO]LG V30+ INDIA H930DS20f_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0517.KDZ

Search This thread

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30
yes, it's possible to include it, sure. i'll redo the zip with it included and reupload it this evening.

Thanks, you're awesome :fingers-crossed:
I dirty flashed the zip and then the OP image, It shows Volte switch in the settings(didn't notice if it was their earlier) but volte doesn't work

Last edited:

Sid@developer

Mar 21, 2014
Chennai
well, then THAT's the reason for the strange version numbering: the missing op.image in the last zips... it didn't change for the last two versions so i didn't saw a reason to include it (beside the fact that it's stressy to get it...)
you did a dalvik and cache wipe? and a backup of data, then wiping data, booting up and re-setup and see if it works?.

Yep... will do in the weekend and report back?

Reactions: seadersn

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Airtel VoLTE is available ,
beside Jio VoLTE. See that post for screenshots courtesy @alphaomegainfinity.

_____
This is reported in my change log.

@alphaomegainfinity, just asking again.... You are able to connect to Airtel VoLTE and make phone calls?

I know you have screenshots and you said yes before -- but just asking again.

jip, is "ims status: connected" in 4636 menu? in/out calls both working via lte (lte icon visible when calling and the fact that line is up in about half a second to max. a second)? thx for info :)

edit: forgot to post the link to new fw zip with OP image included xD

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117902994

gn8

Last edited:

Sid@developer

Mar 21, 2014
Chennai
Airtel VoLTE is available ,
beside Jio VoLTE. See that post for screenshots courtesy @alphaomegainfinity.

_____
This is reported in my change log.
@alphaomegainfinity, just asking again.... You are able to connect to Airtel VoLTE and make phone calls?

I know you have screenshots and you said yes before -- but just asking again.
yep...and @alphaomegainfinity , mee too just asking...I can't see anywhere in your screenshots that you are using an Airtel sim?
Could you please post a screenshot with the same ?
This is because...Only you are getting VoLTE in V30 and no one else...need to figure out why others aren't getting.

alphaomegainfinity

Oct 30, 2011
Guwahati
Posting additional screenshots. I recollect one more member in V30+ India thread getting Airtel VoLTE and HD VoLTE calling option. However no video calling VoLTE option is seen when same is available in JIO VoLTE.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-26-07-59-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-06-26-07-59-20.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot_2019-06-26-08-00-00.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-26-08-00-00.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 137

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Posting additional screenshots. I recollect one more member in V30+ India thread getting Airtel VoLTE and HD VoLTE calling option. However no video calling VoLTE option is seen when same is available in JIO VoLTE.

One last question. Your Airtel VoLTE is from flashing the KDZ, not the TWRP flashable zip, right? I just want to keep the discussion straight.

I'm about to post the revised TWRP flashable zip link, but @seadersn and I would love to see confirmation Airtel VoLTE works with that also!

legacyeah

Feb 23, 2014
LG V30
Google Pixel 4a
One last question. Your Airtel VoLTE is from flashing the KDZ, not the TWRP flashable zip, right? I just want to keep the discussion straight.

I'm about to post the revised TWRP flashable zip link, but @seadersn and I would love to see confirmation Airtel VoLTE works with that also!
Yes I was worried about the same thing. I'll just test it and revert back soon.

Sent from my LG-H930DS using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChazzMatt

alphaomegainfinity

Oct 30, 2011
Guwahati

Yes downloaded the KDZ and flashed it using LGUP. Never rooted the phone.
Update: Airtel VoLTE not working since last night. Inclement weather over here. But not knowing whether VoLTE not showing due to bad weather or due to phone acting funny.

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Yes downloaded the KDZ and flashed it using LGUP. Never rooted the phone.
Update: Airtel VoLTE not working since last night. Inclement weather over here. But not knowing whether VoLTE not showing due to bad weather or due to phone acting funny.
there are thresholds for bad receiption, if it's too bad it's falling back to default line. so it may be that it was/is really weather dependant :( (i can reproduce this in a special area here in my city, this is valid for vowifi too btw).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For bootloader unlock purposes, use the H930DS KDZ versions with no later than July 2018 security patch: specifically older 20b at bottom of this post.
    Newer firmware is at the top. Look at the names for dates in the title. You can always update to newer firmware later, AFTER bootloader is unlocked.
    Flashing a newer KDZ will not relock your bootloader. See post #3 for instructions on how to downgrade to earlier firmware for unlocking bootloader.

_________

Yes, LG released ANOTHER ESA 20f KDZ -- but with newer May 2019 security update, enabled Airtel VoLTE -- but REMOVED the LG FM Radio app they had given with the previous ESA 20f with April 2019 security update. If you still want LG FM Radio app, then download from here and install.

H930DS20f_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0517.KDZ
    3.2GB

For H930DS, especially India.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

* Android File Hosts MIRROR

* LG-Firmwares.com MIRROR

md5: e35b6e89e3c5db5914e2da878e7763c0

TWRP FLASHABLE VERSION:
    (thanks to @seadersn!)
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117902994

Flash the "ROM" with latest TWRP. Reflash Magisk immediately afterwards before rebooting to system. It's just stock KDZ but in TWRP-flashable version. Not debloated nor meant to be updated in the future. It's just a very convenient mechanism to have newer stock firmware instead of using dev patched LGUP to flash partitions, etc.

_________
    PREVIOUS FIRMWARE

H930DS20f_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0408.KDZ
    3.2GB

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

md5: 1d36d00dd9a7517b6548394da160997e

TWRP FLASHABLE VERSION:
    (thanks to @seadersn!)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117883158

Flash the "ROM" with latest TWRP. Reflash Magisk immediately afterwards before rebooting to system. It's just stock KDZ but in TWRP-flashable version. Not debloated nor meant to be updated in the future. It's just a very convenient mechanism to have newer stock firmware instead of using dev patched LGUP to flash partitions, etc.

_________
    PREVIOUS FIRMWARE

H930DS20e_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0213.KDZ
    3.2GB

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

md5:c7f01795a3a76931e49290439fcb6ed2

TWRP FLASHABLE VERSION:
    (thanks to @seadersn!)
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397929907

_________
    PREVIOUS FIRMWARE

H930DS20c_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0807.KDZ
    3.2GB

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

md5:63e28b0e7d2cf7df7e666280ad7fe010

TWRP FLASHABLE VERSION:
    (thanks to @seadersn!)
    https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/development/rom-fw-lg-joan-h930ds-esa-ind-21c-twrp-t3868182

India users may not see the correct letter version of these KDZ images. For some reason India users are one letter behind the other ESA region countries, even when flashing the same KDZ.
    _________
    PREVIOUS FIRMWARE

USE THESE KDZs BELOW TO TEMPORARILY DOWNGRADE TO FIRMWARE WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER.
    Due to changes starting with the July 2018 security patch blocking the WTF bootloader unlock exploit, I've added instructions in post #3 of this thread to use dev patched LGUP to downgrade to earlier versions of India H930DS Oreo KDZ. You can always update to newer firmware AFTER bootloader unlock.
    Flashing a newer KDZ will not relock your bootloader.

V20B-IND-XX
    INDIA H930DS20b_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0530.kdz
    2.970GB

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

md5: 9017c5d27208ab19cf0ed6dad652047b

* Mega MIRROR
    (Thanks to @tech_infinity. Technically this is 20a India H930DS -- but still works for the bootoloader unlock purpose.)

INDIA_OREO_SCEENSHOT.png

Here's how to flash KDZ:

Since this is official LG firmware for India H930DS, just use LGUP and choose "upgrade" -- to keep apps and data. To prove it's India firmware, your India H930DS will show IND 20B (or whichever letter you choose) after flashing. If it wasn't for India, it would show another region like EU, CIS, AUS, or PHL. Instead it shows IND. India.

To unlock bootloader and root, see this thread. For India H930DS, just substitute this IND H930DS Oreo KDZ.

But just flashing this India KDZ will give you official India Oreo with AI camera and India carrier VoLTE, even without bootloader unlock and root. If you don't wish to unlock bootloader and root, flash 20f at the top. AFTER bootloader unlock and root on early Oreo, you can still update to 20f by flashing the TWRP-flashable zip version + Magisk 18.x. You can update to latest Magisk after successfully rebooting to latest Oreo.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING KDZ VIA DEV PATCHED LGUP

1) Go into download mode (power off completely, then hold volume up button while plugging in USB cable)
    2) If you are on early Oreo, are not bootloader unlocked/rooted and merely wish to update to latest Oreo, then open patched LGUP and flash 20F KDZ VIA UPGRADE.

It's fairly easy. Most people breeze right through this. But if you have any problems, go through this list:

• Make sure you in download mode BEFORE opening the patched LGUP file.
      This is at the top of the list as some people forget to do that. The remainder are in no particular order. If that doesn't work,
    • Try different USB port,
    • Try different USB cable,
    • Try different computer.
    • Reinstall LG mobile drivers.
    • Reinstall dev patched LGUP again, making sure the files are placed where they need to go (LG Electronics folder, etc).
    • Reboot the computer.

If you ask for help, that's the list of items we are going to give you anyway. ;)

IF FOR SOME REASON, YOU CANNOT FLASH FROM EARLIER FIRMWARE VIA UPGRADE, then use "DL PARTITION" METHOD:

1) Go into download mode (power off completely, then hold volume up button while plugging in USB cable)
    2) open patched LGUP and flash THIS ROM to DL PARTITION. In the pop up box "Select All". Use the attached patched LGUP in this post.
    5) DONE.

UPGRADE method lets you keep you data, apps while DL PARTITION METHOD will wipe everything.

1) DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE AND DEV PATCHED LGUP

* Download Oreo KDZ you wish to install -- for bootloader unlock would be H930DS 20b. You can update to more current firmware AFTER unlocking bootloader on early Oreo.
    (If you just don't like Pie, then choose the most recent Oreo KDZ, which is IND H930DS 20f at the top.)

* DOWNLOAD THIS DUAL VERSION OF DEV PATCHED LGUP, made by @tecknight:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603845019
    (Or use attached file from bottom of this post. Thanks to @tecknight! Please go here and click the THANK BUTTON!)

2) INSTALL DEV PATCHED LGUP

0. Uninstall any prior LGUP you have. Uninstall anything like Uppercut, which no longer works and causes conflicts with this Dev Patched LGUP.

1. Extract LGUP_DualMode.zip to a folder on your PC.

2. Browse into the folder and launch LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi.
    Follow the prompts to complete the install.

3. In that folder, right click and select "Run as Administrator" on "SetDev.bat" to set LGUP to developer mode

4. Launch LGUP using the desktop shortcut, NOT the Install folder shortcut.

Choose Process : UPGRADE (if you are on earlier firmware), PARTITION DL (all partitions) or REFURBISH

Not necessary, but putting this next item here just so you know... IF for some reason your phone is acting wonky, usually a Master Reset will fix it. No need to reflash anything, but this procedure below does wipe all data. It will give you "factory fresh" setup on the new KDZ. We use this on purpose over in the Frankenstein thread for US998, but is not usually necessary for this simple Oreo H930DS upgrade to another region H930DS.

MASTER RESET
    • With your device powered off, press and hold the Power button and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
    • When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while keep holding the Volume Down button.
    • Let go of the buttons when the onscreen menu appears.
    • When you see the option to Delete all user data (including LG and carrier apps) and reset all settings message prompt, press the Volume Down button to highlight Yes.
    • Then press the Power button to reset the device.
    • Wait until the reset is complete then reboot your device. If it’s able to boot up successfully, proceed with the initial setup.

I know everyone has their own settings, but for new owners who want a reference point for all the various submenus and customization, I'll share screenshots of my settings. You can always change to what you like. :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NCm643Y7prJhDLaS2
    HOW TO (temporarily) DOWNGRADE BACK TO EARLY OREO FOR BOOTLOADER UNLOCK
    (or DOWNGRADE TO LAST OREO BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE PIE)

1) DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE AND DEV PATCHED LGUP

* Download Oreo KDZ you wish to install -- for bootloader unlock would be H930DS 20b. You can update to more current firmware AFTER unlocking bootloader on early Oreo.
    (If you just don't like Pie, then choose the most recent Oreo KDZ, which is 20f at the top.)

* DOWNLOAD THIS DUAL VERSION OF DEV PATCHED LGUP, made by @tecknight:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603845019
    (Or use attached file from bottom of this post. Thanks to @tecknight! Please go here and click the THANK BUTTON!)

2) INSTALL DEV PATCHED LGUP

0. Uninstall any prior LGUP you have. Uninstall anything like Uppercut, which no longer works and causes conflicts with this Dev Patched LGUP.

1. Extract LGUP_DualMode.zip to a folder on your PC.

2. Browse into the folder and launch LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi.
    Follow the prompts to complete the install.

3. In that folder, right click and select "Run as Administrator" on "SetDev.bat" to set LGUP to developer mode

4. Launch LGUP using the desktop shortcut, NOT the Install folder shortcut.

Choose Process : PARTITION DL (all partitions) or REFURBISH

----------------------------
    3) DOWNGRADING/UPGRADING ANY LG V30/V30+/V30S TO EARLY OREO KDZ FIRMWARE

2) open patched LGUP and flash OREO KDZ to DL PARTITION mode. In the pop up box "Select All". Use the attached patched LGUP in this post.
    You can also use REFURBISH mode, if you wish.
    3) Master Reset (post 101 of Frankenstein thread)
    5) DONE.

It's fairly easy. Most people breeze right through this. But if you have any problems, go through this list:

• Make sure you in download mode BEFORE opening the patched LGUP file.
      This is at the top of the list as some people forget to do that. The remainder are in no particular order. If that doesn't work,
    • Try different USB port,
    • Try different USB cable,
    • Try different computer.
    • Reinstall LG mobile drivers on your PC.
    • Reinstall dev patched LGUP again, making sure the files are placed where they need to go (LG Electronics folder, etc).
    • REBOOT THE COMPUTER.

If you ask for help, that's the list of items we are going to give you anyway. ;)

J2QAOrh.png

WARNING: In LGUP do NOT go messing with modes not mentioned in these instructions. Especially do NOT use Chip Erase.

https://9to5lg.com/lgup-1-15-manual-how-to-unbrick-restore-your-lg-devices-with-lgup/
    3) ChipErase: Dangerous, This will erase IMEI/efs, Do not try this if you do not have a NV backup.

I know everyone has their own settings, but for new owners who want a reference point for all the various submenus and customization, I'll share screenshots of my settings. You can always change to what you like. :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NCm643Y7prJhDLaS2

jepjep, i've been given some free time from my woman this evening xD so it'll arrive later, latest in some hours :)
    well, here's the zip :)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117883158
    MD5: 049830051b9e39afd87cc441405819f8

i'll update the zip thread tomorrow :good: