[ROM][S9+/S9][LineageOS 16.0][UNOFFICIAL][17-07-19]

Search This thread

Synt4x.93

Nov 15, 2016
Research properly before you post lies on a public forum next time. Look through signalstrength.java if you want to see the signal fix too? (although it does appear yours has broken! send logs please! so i can see what went wrong)
hint - ril.signal.param

sources are private now for a reason (if you read the telegram chat you would see we are still having to manually patch things before compiling, working on incorporating it into common tree).

Also if you actually bother to read through the log, you will see it is switching from device to client per usage. by design. Not fixed on client as you claim.

Attachments

• SurfaceFlinger.txt
    59.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
G

GuestK00338

For what it's worth, signal definitely varies to me, at work it's 1-2 bars ****ty reception, and varies elsewhere. I do not have the knowledge to speak about the hwc claim, but the ROM is good, no bad drain that I got on the other ROMs, and I know Rob and Lewis spent a **** ton of time to get bugs squashed out.

CrazyBeaver2377

Jan 19, 2018
Tilburg
For what it's worth, signal definitely varies to me, at work it's 1-2 bars ****ty reception, and varies elsewhere. I do not have the knowledge to speak about the hwc claim, but the ROM is good, no bad drain that I got on the other ROMs, and I know Rob and Lewis spent a **** ton of time to get bugs squashed out.
The experience from the users will speak for itself, this is definitely not the same experience as what it was with the broken roms alex was hyping before. I assume no one here will fall for the stupid (and kind of sad/triggered) claims by Alex/Nathani anyway.

Reactions: Synt4x.93

Dominic.B

Jan 5, 2014
Navi Mumbai
Signal bar Screenshot_20190705-154143_Tapatalk.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

abtekk

Apr 1, 2011
London
Lets start with the Signal Strength. Not sure if you realise, but the Samsung radio actually reports a property to the system; ril.signal.param.
This property contains a list of ints, and default to 255,255,255.
When on a single SIM LTE device, the middle value begins to change, this value allows you to calculate its signal strength, and from I have seen, seems to have a low-end value of -32, and upper value of +32.

Assuming that stronger signal equals a higher value, what we can do is take that value and... (you guessed it) calculate the signal strength to pass to the rest of the system! Who knew!
Is it 100% accurate? No.
Is it better than what you managed to accomplish? Hell yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:

abtekk

Apr 1, 2011
London
C'mon guys, please let's stay nice to each other and contribute critically in a constructive way.
So: Thanks to every single one, who brought us to this point - having LOS 16 up and running! That's great!

Do you know what, I'd love for all of us in this section all band together and find solutions to the issues we've got with these phones. Instead, Android development has very much turned in to the iOS jailbreaking community of who said what, who done that, "OMG THAT SUCKS EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE GIVING AWAY YOUR WORK FOR FREE". What the hell happened to when squashing bugs with your fellow XDA members was fun. People are too god damn power hungry.

iSonik

Dec 7, 2010
Amazing Rom! Finally stable LOS on my S9 :D
Only Endurance Kernel seems to cause some Bootloops from time to time

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016

Akhayev

Nov 9, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
On comments most of you saying the rom is very smooth , for me its very laggy , not smooth at all , I have s9+ , i tried many things like kernels clean flash dirty flash but nothing changed , is there anything special to do ?
And gsi roms work much smoother thank this rom

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts