Search This thread

minos_

Jul 16, 2019
mM2KHEt.png

Wordcast
for Chromecast

kx10qFN.png

Download on the Play Store

Wordcast is a local multiplayer word game designed specifically for your Chromecast. Each player connects to the same Chromecast device and then controls the game displayed on the big screen with their individual phones.

EJvhJEG.jpg

Featuring a modern, slick design as well as responsive and easy to understand controls, this puts the classic word game back into your living room and makes it a social experience once more.
Supporting up to five players and over 20 languages and their appropriate letter distributions!

ljUJG9H.jpg

Wordcast is completely ad free and allows unlimited play with the free version. Available via one time IAP is an upgrade to Wordcast Pro providing the following features:

• Dictionaries
    for English, Spanish, German, French and Italian. Automatically checking whether or not a played word is legit or not.
  • Board Layouts
    10+ new Board Layout including 4x Word and Letter scores. Providing interesting new tactical challenges shaking up the game.
  • Pass-Along Mode
    Allows any phone to be shared between multiple people and passed along instead of requiring every player to connect with their own device. Any mix is possible, one device may be shared while another may be used by just one player.

Once purchased, these features will be available to anyone you play with, as long as you are connected to the same game session. This means only one player in a group needs to make the purchase in order to unlock the Pro features for everyone.

Nh1WszB.jpg

Currently supported languages are:
  • English
  • German
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Italian
  • Afrikaans
  • Croatian
  • Czech
  • Dutch
  • Danish
  • Esperanto
  • Finnish
  • Greek
  • Indonesian
  • Irish
  • Latin
  • Norwegian
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Swedish
  • Turkish
  • Ukrainian

6JH2s17.jpg
cEHINmu.jpg

Any feedback, bug report or feature request is greatly appreciated!

minos_

Jul 16, 2019
Wordcast v1.1.0 Update

• added Danish, Irish and Ukrainian letter distributions
  • fixed keyboard not hiding properly
  • minor wording changes

minos_

Jul 16, 2019
wow, great stuff! thanks for Croatian ;)

edit: a small suggestion-can you maybe make arrows in main UI on phone while playing a bit bigger? they are really tiny to press on my screen and there is so much more space.

ill attach pic. non the less, great little app!

Thank you very much!

As for your suggestion, it's a good point. I'll have a look at it and rework the scaling a bit. You can expect that to be in the next update.

Reactions: loop4444

loop4444

Thank you very much!

As for your suggestion, it's a good point. I'll have a look at it and rework the scaling a bit. You can expect that to be in the next update.

wow that was fast reply.

Thanks a lot for taking it on consideration :)
ive been dying to have proper time killer games on Chromecast since i owned it. the ones that do exist, dont work very well anyway. so this is refreshing and also with the games like this you dont mind a bit of latency that happens.

all and all, thanks and good luck going further! :)

Reactions: minos_

minos_

Jul 16, 2019
wow that was fast reply.

ive been dying to have proper time killer games on Chromecast since i owned it. the ones that do exist, dont work very well anyway. so this is refreshing and also with the games like this you dont mind a bit of latency that happens.

Yes, there aren't very many decent Chromecast games, sadly. Hopefully i can fill the void a bit.
Thanks for the kind words! :)

minos_

Jul 16, 2019
I would like to see a page in Google Play in my native language
Sure, may i ask what your native language is?

I am currently in the process of localizing app and store page to a bunch of languages. If you or anyone else wishes to help with translations into their language, i would be very glad to hear about it. I'd happily send out some promo codes in return.

minos_

Jul 16, 2019
Wordcast v1.2.0 Update

• added Hebrew letter distribution
  • added Portuguese, Dutch and Danish dictionaries
  • improved UI scaling
  • added German and Spanish app localizations

minos_

Jul 16, 2019
Wordcast v1.3.0 Update
  • added new Board: Pillars
  • improved english and german dictionaries
  • added croatian localization
  • improved existing localizations
  • fixed various minor visual bugs
  • fixed potential crash caused by outdated Google Play Services

Reactions: loop4444

minos_

Jul 16, 2019
Wordcast v1.4.0 Update

• added new Boards: "Web", "Corners", "Paths", "Arrows"
  • added preview of selected Board
  • minor bug fixes and wording changes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mM2KHEt.png

Wordcast
    for Chromecast

kx10qFN.png

Download on the Play Store

Wordcast is a local multiplayer word game designed specifically for your Chromecast. Each player connects to the same Chromecast device and then controls the game displayed on the big screen with their individual phones.

EJvhJEG.jpg

Featuring a modern, slick design as well as responsive and easy to understand controls, this puts the classic word game back into your living room and makes it a social experience once more.
    Supporting up to five players and over 20 languages and their appropriate letter distributions!

ljUJG9H.jpg

Wordcast is completely ad free and allows unlimited play with the free version. Available via one time IAP is an upgrade to Wordcast Pro providing the following features:

• Dictionaries
      for English, Spanish, German, French and Italian. Automatically checking whether or not a played word is legit or not.
    • Board Layouts
      10+ new Board Layout including 4x Word and Letter scores. Providing interesting new tactical challenges shaking up the game.
    • Pass-Along Mode
      Allows any phone to be shared between multiple people and passed along instead of requiring every player to connect with their own device. Any mix is possible, one device may be shared while another may be used by just one player.

Once purchased, these features will be available to anyone you play with, as long as you are connected to the same game session. This means only one player in a group needs to make the purchase in order to unlock the Pro features for everyone.

Nh1WszB.jpg

Currently supported languages are:
    • English
    • German
    • Spanish
    • French
    • Italian
    • Afrikaans
    • Croatian
    • Czech
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Esperanto
    • Finnish
    • Greek
    • Indonesian
    • Irish
    • Latin
    • Norwegian
    • Polish
    • Portuguese
    • Russian
    • Swedish
    • Turkish
    • Ukrainian

6JH2s17.jpg
    cEHINmu.jpg

Any feedback, bug report or feature request is greatly appreciated!
    wow, great stuff! thanks for Croatian ;)

edit: a small suggestion-can you maybe make arrows in main UI on phone while playing a bit bigger? they are really tiny to press on my screen and there is so much more space.

ill attach pic. non the less, great little app!

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!

wow that was fast reply.

do you need any help with croatian?

Hey, thanks for the offer!
    Any translation help would be greatly appreciated indeed!

I've set up a OneSky page for both App and Play-Store localization:

App Localization

Play Store Page Localization

If you you anyone else is interested in helping with either one, that would be awesome.
    will get on it today!

edit

done the app! will do store description soon as well ;)

edit 2

Done with the store description as well! cheers