Huawei P30 Pro Updates

Search This thread

SilviuO

Inactive Recognized Contributor
That's really weird... What I can tell is for what I could understand, is that the xml file only has to do with the supported devices, and it was modified to include the P30 Pro on the allowed devices list. As for the Internet connection, it should only be related to what's on the host file (whether HiSuite should look for query.hicloud.com on the Internet or not).
Just a question: did you try pinging this address from the machine where you're trying to do update? When the host file is not modified, or when it has the "#" at the beginning at that line (pointing to query.hicloud.com), the address should be resolved to the IP 159.138.6.23. If the host file has the modified line actually there (without the "#"), the ping should be directed to the IP address to your won machine (127.0.0.1).

Yes, i know that the xml file is just for adding P30 Pro, but i had to try :)

Nope, but i will try pinging when i get back to my hotel room. Hope that is the problem :)

That's really weird... What I can tell is for what I could understand, is that the xml file only has to do with the supported devices, and it was modified to include the P30 Pro on the allowed devices list. As for the Internet connection, it should only be related to what's on the host file (whether HiSuite should look for query.hicloud.com on the Internet or not).
Just a question: did you try pinging this address from the machine where you're trying to do update? When the host file is not modified, or when it has the "#" at the beginning at that line (pointing to query.hicloud.com), the address should be resolved to the IP 159.138.6.23. If the host file has the modified line actually there (without the "#"), the ping should be directed to the IP address to your won machine (127.0.0.1).
Resolving query.hicloud.com goes to 80.158.19.121, ill try your ipnumber provided
--edit--
WTF now it works !!

Last edited:

betovanbuuren

Apr 22, 2011
Guadalajara
Yes, i know that the xml file is just for adding P30 Pro, but i had to try :)

Nope, but i will try pinging when i get back to my hotel room. Hope that is the problem :)

Resolving query.hicloud.com goes to 80.158.19.121, ill try your ipnumber provided
--edit--
WTF now it works !!

Tried again with another network with the Original method described by @Brotuck and it worked!! doing the ping to query.hicloud.com with the # does find the 159.138.6.23 :good: :eek: :)

Reactions: Brotuck

joker2mbr

Jul 4, 2007
Sao Paulo
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
--edit--
WTF now it works !!

It might be a DNS problem, then... The IP I'm getting here is from Huawei Hong Kong (China) and it seems correct. The one you're getting is from Germany (T-Systems International GmbH). If that's the case you can try modifying your hosts file differently: for the first part of the process you'd have to use ---- 127.0.0.1 query.hicloud.com ------ and then for the second part, ---------- 159.138.6.23 query.hicloud.com --------- so your machine would point HiSuite to the correct Huawei server.
If it's a DNS problem, maybe that's why some people can get the process to work and some others can't.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Tried again with another network with the Original method described by @Brotuck and it worked!! doing the ping to query.hicloud.com with the # does find the 159.138.6.23 :good: :eek: :)

So it really seems to be a DNS problem. You can go ahead and ask the poster to update the process to include the IP address I indicated previously. It should solve most problems people are having, trying to update their phones! ;)

Last edited:

Hybrid Soldier

Mar 13, 2013
São Paulo
www.facebook.com
I don't know if it's a bug from .185 but I chose to SHOW NOTIFICATIONS in my lockscreen but it shows like

GMAIL - NOW
1 new message

or

WHATSAPP - NOW
2 new messages

Before the last update it was showing normally, like...

WHATSAPP - NOW
Contact name - Beggining of message

or

GMAIL - NOW
Subject
Beggining of email

SilviuO

I don't know if it's a bug from .185 but I chose to SHOW NOTIFICATIONS in my lockscreen but it shows like

GMAIL - NOW
1 new message

or

WHATSAPP - NOW
2 new messages

Before the last update it was showing normally, like...

WHATSAPP - NOW
Contact name - Beggining of message

or

GMAIL - NOW
Subject
Beggining of email

You have Face Unlock active. Go to Security and Privacy/Face recognition and deactivate show notifications ;)

SilviuO

And you are saving me again! :highfive:
That's why I don't like to do a full wipe, I forget things that I did before and don't know how... It's my first huawei, before that I only had galaxy's phones!
Thanks friend!

Anytime, m8 :D. I've been making full wipe on my Mate 10 Pro, P20 Pro and now on P30 Pro so i kinda get used to remember any settings that i've made or problem i've encountered :cool:

Reactions: Hybrid Soldier

SilviuO

I was like you, but with samsung... I had S2, S4, S6 Edge, S9+ and now P30 PRO! :D

Before Mate 10 Pro had Xperia Z2, Z3, Z5 Premium. Then switchef to Samsung S5, S6 edge+, S7 edge and stopped at S8+, because i liked a lot Mate 10 Pro and ditched it for Huawei :)

Bdw, my first ever phone was a Bosch 509, back when i was in my 12th grade, before high school :D, in the past century, almost 19 years ago :)))

And now, my 2 kids (boy 10 girl 8) have a Mate 20 and a P20 as their own phones.

Last edited:
Reactions: dondavis007

olafsand

Jan 25, 2011
Today morning ota in Estonia :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190802_090755_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20190802_090755_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 429
Reactions: janarp

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
Updated to .185 yesterday and last night phone battery draining 6% definitely not normal. Let see in couple days how is going.

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
Interesting. I just got the .185 ota here in Canada. Changelog mentions nothing about camera tweaks or fingerprint tweaks. Yet the ota is pretty huge coming in at over 4gb.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190802_105204_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20190802_105204_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 510
Reactions: Lighthalzen

Hybrid Soldier

Mar 13, 2013
São Paulo
www.facebook.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think SilviuO is The Terminator, never offline, always helping, never sleeps, 200 year power-cell :D

:))))) that's life at 37 with 2 kids, my wife and rest of my familly, an IT office & work from home job, allways connected (less when driving but got a big display on my car to see the notifications i get from who's needing me :p) and glad to help everyone @ here by sharing my knowledge when and if i can :D.

Right now i'm at the mountains, recharching my Duracell batteries and watching my kids playing in snow :)

So thanks for appreciation, m8 :cowboy:
    You guys still dont understand that updates are released based on imei batches. Imagine if they would release the update for 10 milion people in the same time , all downloading 4gb in the same time, they would need facebook's servers at least. They are releasing batches for each country/areas in the world to see if there are any issues/reports then they can release it to bigger batches. Its simple: no imei whitelisted by huawei, no update

All those vpn, hicare and other stuff that everyone is trying is pure bullsh*t.
    Silviu, do you care to post a How to guide on using ADB for Huawei phones? It would really help me a lot in order to safely slim down the number of apps and services preinstalled on my phone.

Ok, i'm gonna do a miniguide with how to and the apps i removed ;)
    dload FW v10.0.0.186 mirror link available

Hy guys,

For those of you who want to update to latest firmware available using dload FW method, i updated my thread with v10.0.0.186 for C431, C461, C185 & C605. For links and info, please follow my link to my thread .

Cheers,
    SilviuO

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Is it a guide for dummies lol? Simple and easy as dload was? ?

Yes, it's kinda simple and i will post SS at every point, beside written explanation ?.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs