Aug 6, 2012
galati
xz2 H8216 pie.107
I do not understand what the problem
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

Detected: H8216 (akari)
Firmware: 52.0.A.8.107
in the end I succeeded .............. but chrome browser not exit.
Copying files. . .

Debloating (uninstalling quite a few packages, standby a minute or two). . .
Failure [not installed for 0]

Cleaning. . .

Finished!

Rebooting (this may take a while). . .
error: device not found

Press any key to continue . . .

Last edited:

Klaus N.

Oct 14, 2012
Nuremberg
@galati
I guess you've used the non-root script in the past, and now you ran the root one? Please read post #10 of this thread; that way, you can install chrome browser again. Once done, run the script again ;)

Reactions: serajr

apaxtc

Aug 6, 2012
galati
@galati
I guess you've used the non-root script in the past, and now you ran the root one? Please read post #10 of this thread; that way, you can install chrome browser again. Once done, run the script again ;)
1.yes i use non-root version because i dont have rooted xz2
2.I really don't need chrome ! i hate this browser :) - but his uninstallation failed , I don't know why
3.I managed to do it debloat script"" in the end :)
4.thx serajr You're very good :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Klaus N. and serajr

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
xz2 H8216 pie.107
I do not understand what the problem
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

Detected: H8216 (akari)
Firmware: 52.0.A.8.107
in the end I succeeded .............. but chrome browser not exit.
Copying files. . .

Debloating (uninstalling quite a few packages, standby a minute or two). . .

Cleaning. . .

Finished!

Rebooting (this may take a while). . .
error: device not found

Press any key to continue . . .

"Failure [not installed for 0]" means that package (app) processed at that time couldn't be found on your device, which is good (hey, we're talking about bloatware). Firmware regions have different applications installed, so the debloat script may (or may not) find a specific app to deal with (so the error)!
Regarding Chrome app, well at least here, it is needed in order to create an new google account in settings. Removing it, I always get an error (black screen) while trying to create that account!

Reactions: apaxtc and Klaus N.

Deus.

Apr 25, 2016
Biatorbágy
roth.su
Hello all,

I just found this tool to debloat the system while I was searching for information about the com.qualcomm.qti.StatsPollManager package. Can somebody tell me what is it exactly, what it does? I can see the script removes it as well.

Thank you in advance.

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Hello all,

I just found this tool to debloat the system while I was searching for information about the com.qualcomm.qti.StatsPollManager package. Can somebody tell me what is it exactly, what it does? I can see the script removes it as well.

Thank you in advance.
Which script version removes it? I don't own old versions anymore, and the new ones don't touch that apk (root and non-root versions).
Also - for the records - commented out script lines (marked out with # at the beginning) will be ignored by the script at the run time.

Deus.

Apr 25, 2016
Biatorbágy
roth.su
Which script version removes it? I don't own old versions anymore, and the new ones don't touch that apk (root and non-root versions).
Also - for the records - commented out script lines (marked out with # at the beginning) will be ignored by the script at the run time.

True, didn't validate the source before I jumped on the train, sorry for the confusion.
Still, I'm curious what that package does :eek:

MisterFynn

Jan 19, 2018
Is there a way to remove the tmobile Splash-screen at the boot and shutdown? (not the Boot-animation) Its located somewhere in the Kernel, but i have no glue where to begin.

Klaus N.

Oct 14, 2012
Nuremberg
Is there a way to remove the tmobile Splash-screen at the boot and shutdown? (not the Boot-animation) Its located somewhere in the Kernel, but i have no glue where to begin.

Have a look inside /data/customization and delete "extra-bootanimation.zip" and "shutdown.mp4" as well. Now move to /oem/android-config. and delete the appropriate symlinks from above as well. After rebooting you'll get rid of the annoying Magenta s*** ???

MisterFynn

Jan 19, 2018
Have a look inside /data/customization and delete "extra-bootanimation.zip" and "shutdown.mp4" as well. Now move to /oem/android-config. and delete the appropriate symlinks from above as well. After rebooting you'll get rid of the annoying Magenta s*** ?

The funny thing is that 5 minutes ago I looked around a bit in the TWRP console and found the folder :D But I didn't know about the android-config yet, thanks a lot :D Is there a wiki where you can read it, or how do you know?

linolino

Aug 4, 2008
Nuremberg
Hi there
just run the ROOT 1.5 version on my XZ2c like
H8324:/data/local/tmp # ./debloat_list.sh

Did not register in PlayStore earlier...but now I can't. Just switching to "update" and then staying black screen.
Anybody an idea what could be wrong? (also installed AdAway and AFWall+)

Cheers

Reactions: serajr

Klaus N.

Oct 14, 2012
Nuremberg
Hi there

Did not register in PlayStore earlier...but now I can't. Just switching to "update" and then staying black screen.

Cheers

It's been a long time I did a install from the scratch, but as far as I remember, you've to register to your Google account before debloating, otherwise you'll find it a hard nut to crack ;)

Reactions: linolino and serajr

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Hi there

Cheers

It's been a long time I did a install from the scratch, but as far as I remember, you've to register to your Google account before debloating, otherwise you'll find it a hard nut to crack ;)

Chrome app may be the culprit.
Try this before running the debloat script again: edit debloat_list.sh and delete "com.android.chrome" line (after a fresh install only).
Or try moving it back from /system/_debloat_backup/system_app folder to the /system/app (and reboot).

Katzenstreu

May 28, 2009
near Hamburg
Xperia XZ2
Hello,

Thanks! I like debloating!

But I want to use "Batteriepfege", Battery care? Battery manager? Sony isn't charging the battery as quick as possible in the night to be careful with the battery.

See arrangement.

Which packages I have to reinstall?

Best regards

Tim

Attachments

• Sony-Xperia-X-Serie-Tipps-Tricks-Batteriepflege.jpg
    Sony-Xperia-X-Serie-Tipps-Tricks-Batteriepflege.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 141

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Hello,

Thanks! I like debloating!

But I want to use "Batteriepfege", Battery care? Battery manager? Sony isn't charging the battery as quick as possible in the night to be careful with the battery.

See arrangement.

Which packages I have to reinstall?

Best regards

Tim
Try to run v1.0_List_Installed_Apps_Info_By_Serajr.zip (1st post) to collect all apps info out!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Requeriments:
    - Windows computer
    - Xperia device
    - Sony stock firmware
    - USB debugging enabled (Developer settings)

Linux users:
    - Please, take a look at here ( thanks @MartinX3 ), and here ( thanks @moosmutzel )

ROOT - REMOVE APPS - How to:
    1. Download always the latest version available (attached below)
    2. Disable any Magisk Module installed and reboot (IMPORTANT STEP, DO NOT SKIP IT)
    3. Unpack and run debloat-remove.bat
    4. Enable Magisk Modules again
    5. Done!

ROOT Notes:
    - Root debloat script does not really remove the bloatwares folders, instead, it moves them to a backup folder, located at /system/_debloat_backup
    - /system/_debloat_backup stores all "removed" apps folders, and before you manually delete this folder (if you want to), you have a chance to revert back the changes made by the script
    - Before run the debloat script (if you want to), you can take a look on its "unwanted apps list " at \files\debloat_list.sh
    - Updated bloatwares: They'll need to be uninstalled manually
    - First boot may take a while

NON-ROOT - UNINSTALL APPS ONLY - How to:
    1. Download always the latest version available (attached below)
    2. Unpack and run debloat-uninstall.bat
    3. Done!

NON-ROOT Notes:
    - Uninstall process of system apps cannot be reversed! You have been warned!! >> Edit: Uninstalled system apps may be reinstalled, see how-to ( Thanks @Hallmund Gautisson )
    - Before run the debloat script (and if you want to), you can take a look on its "unwanted apps list " at \files\debloat_list.sh
    - debloat_list.sh: Commented out lines (starting with #) will be ignored (their respective apps will not be unistalled)
    - Debloat script does not remove apps containers (apk files)
    - Updated bloatwares: They'll need to be uninstalled manually (Settings > Apps > "APP" > Uninstall/Deactivate)
    - First boot may take a while

Retrieving installed apps info (PACKAGE | APK LOCATION | LABEL):
    1. Download v1.0_List_Installed_Apps_Info_By_Serajr.zip (attached below)
    2. Unpack and run list_installed_apps_info.bat and wait a minute or two (ignore errors, if any)
    3. installed-apps-info.txt file will be created
    4. Done!

Special thanks:
    - @Klaus N.

Enjoy it!
    Changelog

v1.6 - 14/Jan/2020
    - Android Q compatibility

v1.5 - 12/Jul/2019
    - Non-Root: Fixed typo in debloat_list.sh
    - Root: Added new /system mount logic in debloat_list.sh (52.0.A.8.107+ fw)

v1.4 - 03/Feb/2019
    - Added com.amazon.clouddrive.photos (/system/app/com.amazon.clouddrive.photos/com.amazon.clouddrive.photos.apk | Prime Photos)

v1.3 - 03/Feb/2019
    - New (and same) debloat list for both Non-Root and Root versions of the script
    - Keeps CrashMonitor and CrashMonitorSystem apps (which are related to rcahandler issue)

v1.2 - 06/Jan/2019
    - Added ROOT version

v1.1 - 03/Jun/2018
    - Added new tool to retrieve installed apps info

v1.0 - 02/Jun/2018
    - Initial release
    Great work!

Could you write after each entry which name this application has?
    Then I can fast comment out lines I don't want to get execute.
    As example
    Code:
    ${UNINSTALL} com.sonyericsson.xhs # system/app/com.sonyericsson.xhs/com.sonyericsson.xhs.apk
    I don't realy know, which xhs means.
    Google is showing me xperia lounge entries.
    Code:
    ${UNINSTALL} com.android.keychain # system/app/KeyChain/KeyChain.apk

So I would need to google for every entry before comment it out.

I've attached another tool to traverse all installed apps (user and system ones) and retrieve their info (package | install location | label), See OP!
    Yesterday I've updated to the latest (225) fw and asserted that the location of some apps has changed and at least two apps have been added. Therefore I have adapted the debloat_list.sh (see attachement). Simply unpack the zip file, replace it with the previous debloat_list.sh' in 'v1.0_XZ2_Debloat-Uninstall_By_Serajr\files' and run serajr's script ;)
    Well, i stopped wasting my time with facebook (cr)app and deactivated it.
    I hope that i can root this device and/or use a custom rom in near future, so that i can crush this useless things with the hammer of doom :laugh:

So I hope that the bootloader patch will be released next week and I can compile the Sony AOSP and TWRP, so you get your custom ROM. :p