[GUIDE] [HOW TO] Return Your Huawei Watch 2 to Stock

Search This thread

SonicBoomII

Sep 12, 2012
New York
Hi, everyone. After reading posts of (and having experienced my own) boot loops and seeing as how there is a guide for the first Huawei watch,
I've decided that there should also be a guide for restoring the Huawei Watch 2 to stock ROM.

Getting Prepared
  • The bootloader unlocked on the watch. For instructions on how to do so, read janjan's TWRP Recovery guide.
  • ADB/fastboot and drivers already setup on your computer
  • ADB debugging enabled on the watch. You can find instructions for this at the same URL link above.

Restoring Via Batch/Shell Executable
  • The stock image files in janjan's thread are no longer available, so you'll have to go to this Reddit thread for the file.
    Under the "Flashing back to stock" section, download the appropriate version for your watch.
  • Reboot your watch to bootloader either manually or via the ADB command:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  • Unzip the file
  • For Sawfish Devices:
    At the command line, type in the following:
    Code:
    flash-all.bat (for Windows) or .flash-all.sh (for Linux)
    fastboot oem lock
    fastboot reboot
  • For Sawshark Devices: (or if you were having trouble executing the flash-all file successfully. NOTE: There's a missing image
    file in the Sawshark stock file, so the flash-all file will not run successfully.)
    Go to the folder where you extracted the stock image file and extract the zip file that's there.
    Then go to the command line and type in the following:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot oem lock
    fastboot reboot

Credits/Thanks
janjan - HUAWEI WATCH 2 (LTE-Sawshark) & (BT-Sawfish)-OWDE.180926.001.A1
- [RECOVERY]+[sawshark(4G)+sawfish(BT)]Unofficial TWRP 3.1.1-0-[29-3-18]
travis82 - [ROM] [KERNEL] [SAWSHARK] Oreo OWDE.180215.017 [DEC/24/2018]
Skin1980 - [GUIDE] [HOWTO] Return to stock for Huawei Watch
davpel - [GUIDE][HOW TO]Boot into Fastboot Mode
CadBuRy.VN - [Rom][NXG46W] Huawei Watch 2 4G L-09S Global Fastboot [Factory Images]

Last edited:

melkor.beta

Aug 20, 2019
How prevent upgrade after this? I flash it and all good, but it upgrades to last firmware and I see no solution to stop it

Reactions: Goovsky

KDPD

Sep 5, 2019
"Invalid sparse file format at header magi" while trying to flash system.img

Goovsky

Jun 30, 2019
Thanks!!! You saved my Smartwach because it was bricked and I couldn't find orginal stock firmware :)

square_eyes

Apr 25, 2011
Hi. I purchased this watch for a specific medical reason, because the developer of an app xDrip (for continuous glucose monitoring), produced a patch for it to work with my medical device (works around a common buggy Wear OS implementation across many manufacturers.) Unfortunately their patch seems to only work on the firmware OWDD.180215.018, but mine came with OWDD.180926.001.A1.

Any tips to downgrading to OWDD.180215.018? I have the files and tried flashing the zip from TWRP and also Fastboot with flash-all.sh. Both fail.

% ./flash-all.sh Sending 'bootloader' (10020 KB) OKAY [ 0.468s] Writing 'bootloader' OKAY [ 3.323s] Finished. Total time: 4.139s Rebooting into bootloader OKAY [ 0.115s] Finished. Total time: 0.116s -------------------------------------------- Bootloader Version...: SAWFISHV6.5 Baseband Version.....: N/A Serial Number........: YGV7XXXXXXXXXXXX -------------------------------------------- extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM... Checking 'product' OKAY [ 0.111s] Checking 'version-bootloader' OKAY [ 0.115s] Snapshot cancel FAILED (remote: 'unknown command') fastboot: error: Command failed

A little bit of info on the patch (if that is of any use - maybe it can be tweaked itself) https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/wiki/Patching-Android-Wear-devices-for-use-with-the-G5

Last edited:
Hi. I purchased this watch for a specific medical reason, because the developer of an app xDrip (for continuous glucose monitoring), produced a patch for it to work with my medical device (works around a common buggy Wear OS implementation across many manufacturers.) Unfortunately their patch seems to only work on the firmware OWDD.180215.018, but mine came with OWDD.180926.001.A1.

Any tips to downgrading to OWDD.180215.018? I have the files and tried flashing the zip from TWRP and also Fastboot with flash-all.sh. Both fail.

% ./flash-all.sh Sending 'bootloader' (10020 KB) OKAY [ 0.468s] Writing 'bootloader' OKAY [ 3.323s] Finished. Total time: 4.139s Rebooting into bootloader OKAY [ 0.115s] Finished. Total time: 0.116s -------------------------------------------- Bootloader Version...: SAWFISHV6.5 Baseband Version.....: N/A Serial Number........: YGV7XXXXXXXXXXXX -------------------------------------------- extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM... Checking 'product' OKAY [ 0.111s] Checking 'version-bootloader' OKAY [ 0.115s] Snapshot cancel FAILED (remote: 'unknown command') fastboot: error: Command failed

A little bit of info on the patch (if that is of any use - maybe it can be tweaked itself) https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/wiki/Patching-Android-Wear-devices-for-use-with-the-G5
Well, I haven't ever seen sth like you're trying to do, but can you point me to the source of the rom you're trying to flash?

And the second question: Do you own sawfish (WiFi) or Sawshark (LTE) watch?
(I'm going to sleep soon but I'll take a look on this tomorrow)

sawfish sorry! Will update post. ROM is in the link but I'll have to ask the dev for the source.
Can you share the link or the site where it was posted?.I just wanted to take a look 🙂 Anyway, maybe you could try the approach from the instructions for sawshark from the opening post here. I mean extract zip and flash images separately in fastboot mode.

Also make sure you have the correct rom version for wifi variant

Last edited:

square_eyes

Apr 25, 2011
Can you share the link or the site where it was posted?.I just wanted to take a look 🙂 Anyway, maybe you could try the approach from the instructions for sawshark from the opening post here. I mean extract zip and flash images separately in fastboot mode.

Also make sure you have the correct rom version for wifi variant
I ended up getting it working. See here for how I rolled back the Wear OS version... https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues/749#issuecomment-850037862

Below is the link from above with the files (not source sorry - I'm not sure where that's kept). If you know how to make the demigod patch compatible with the latest official firmware/or even an unofficial ROM, that would be awesome.

See Huawei Watch 2 Care Pack .zip on...

the zip has two patches, and instructions.

I ended up getting it working. See here for how I rolled back the Wear OS version... https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues/749#issuecomment-850037862

Below is the link from above with the files (not source sorry - I'm not sure where that's kept). If you know how to make the demigod patch compatible with the latest official firmware/or even an unofficial ROM, that would be awesome.

See Huawei Watch 2 Care Pack .zip on...

the zip has two patches, and instructions.
Great, glad it worked for you. Unfortunatelly, Im not that skillfull to help you with latest firmware...

Top Liked Posts